[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to look into Yukio Mishima, where to start /lit/ ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 19-24604-yukio-mishima-2.jpg (16KB, 285x369px) Image search: [Google]
19-24604-yukio-mishima-2.jpg
16KB, 285x369px
I want to look into Yukio Mishima, where to start /lit/ ?
>>
He's dead, but read Confessions of a Mask
>>
same place you would with any other author

in chronological order you pleb
>>
>>7576363
You should begin with Confessions of a Mask, move to Golden Pavilion and Sailor Who Fell From Grace, and end with Patriotism, Sun and Steel and the Tetrology, in that order. His biography, The Life and Death of Yukio Mishima is a really, really good book, and you can see that far from being an ultranationalist, he was really just sort of a brilliant autist with a fixation on death.
>>
>>7576363
Patriotism a short story.

His best work.
>>
Asides from his tetralogy (obviously) I don't see need to have a certain order for his books. I started with the Golden Pavilion but I could have started on any of his books, including spring snow, and have been fine. None of them are difficult, none of them are particularly obtuse and most of them are about similar enough things that you quickly get a feel for the guys philosophy regardless of what you start with.
>>
>>7576363
try
>>>/hm/

and see if you can jerk off to any of it before we proceed.
>>
File: hagakure.jpg (36KB, 306x499px) Image search: [Google]
hagakure.jpg
36KB, 306x499px
only yukio book i've ever read
better than the original hakure by tsnuetomo
>>
the trash tbqh
>>
File: re.jpg (542KB, 1753x2428px) Image search: [Google]
re.jpg
542KB, 1753x2428px
>>7576865
this image will work
>>
>>7576459
Id say start with the pavilion, confessions of a mask obscured the key themes behind the whole gay thing

Love the golden pavilion though so might be biased, the imigary is stunning and I really connect with the angry club footed outcast.
>>
>>7577136
"My hands began an action they had never been taught"
>>
>>7577192
I actually did Confessions & Forbidden Colours first. N-no homo. The Mishima: A life in four chapters film is pretty good for an overview/primer. It'll probably lead you to Golden Temple.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.