[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wew lads, how does he do it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: gorillions.jpg (903KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
gorillions.jpg
903KB, 720x1280px
Wew lads, how does he do it?
>>
fucker has 150 books. Wow I'm sure they are all gold.
>>
>>7338157
He has a lot of practice so that must mean he's really good.
>>
who's "he"?
>>
>>7338157
Sure makes them NaNoWriMo kids look like chumps

>>7338248
DFW
>>
File: halloween_ghosts_duo_1.png (21KB, 550x484px) Image search: [Google]
halloween_ghosts_duo_1.png
21KB, 550x484px
>>7338149

ghostwriters
>>
>>7338248
David 'Career Move' Wallace
>>
>>7338149
The real question is, "Why did you do it?"
I never bother with any author that can shit out three books a year.
>>
>>7338467
>I never bother with any author that can shit out three books a year.
>not reading pkd
>any year
>>
>>7338467
Though Broom, Jest, and Pale King all came out the same year, I thought Infinite Jest had its moments.
>>
>>7338484
Honestly pkd just seemed to me to be jerking off to a drug methos and selling it to edgelords. But I've only seen a scanner darkly and read the first three chapters of valis. I just got the impression that he had a completely idealized view of the grungy druggy underbelly of society and really wanted to milk the shit out of it.
>>
>>7338496
You haven't understood VALIS or A Scanner Darkly, then
>>
>>7338496
>only wathced the movie
>didnt even finish the book

c'mon son.
>>
>>7338512
I get the gnostic viewpoint. That doesn't change that I still think he's a trendy shit little druggie selling kiddos an edgy image.
>>
>>7338521
Yeah, the man who took almost everyone away, sold shit during his life, died in misery, was paranoid as fuck and attempted suicide a lot of times was just selling trendy drug shit.

:^)
>>
>>7338521
What you did is: You quickly went and looked what it was about, since the gnosticism isn't even mentioned that early in the book (which is highly critical and deluded wit the drug culture you claim it fantasizes about).

One of the motifs (not only in VALIS, but in a lot of PKD) is that for a time and place in US history, you were into one drug or another, and that pretty much dug everyone's cave even deeper than everyone expected.
>>
>>7338528
yes
>>
>>7338534
>>7338534
Ive had this conversation before and been told what I missed in valis. And I have a basic understanding of some of the more prominent ideological themes in history and how they appear in fiction. Thanks. Project harder. You're the edgelord i'm talking about buying that nonsense. The fact of the matter is that his books read like "drugsdrugsedgesbrooding I'veseensomuchsodarkdrugsdrugs oh by the way we're all one consciousness and jung is cool."
>>
>>7338546
I see, even though a lot of people already pointed out you're missing chunks of the book, YOU, the PROPERLY TRAINED READER, cannot be wrong, since you, A TRUE SANE AND SOBER GENTLEMAN, doesn't need those DRUGGIES telling you about their awful DRUGS
>>
>>7338553
You're misunderstanding. My problem here isn't drug use. I just know how to recognise when someone has actually dealt with tweakers and junkies regularly, and when someone would really like you to think that.
>>
>>7338555
But is a well documented fact that at some time, PKD's house was full on squat.

Also, most of the shit on VALIS is auto-biographical, with very few changes in shit like people's names or dates, but just go and read any of his biographies, they all mention he used to run around with these people (tweakers hardly, since meth wasn't a thing, and I doubt his crowd included that many junkies, mostly old hippies who fell in the anti-depressant wave of the 70s).

Sorry if I sound mad, but the problem is, you're missing one of the truly great sci-fi works because you wanna keep your street cred (who isn't even that important, here or anywhere) up
>>
>>7338149
I actually go to school with his son Jack, he's an alright dude.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.