[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a chance to see him in a discussion with Yanis Varoufakis.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

I have a chance to see him in a discussion with Yanis Varoufakis.

Should I go? Has anyone here ever gone to see him talk?
>>
I guess technically this thread is allowed here anymore, but /his/ doesn't have the same relation to Zizek as /lit/ does, if it has any. It wouldn't make sense to post it there. Sorry, Hiroyuki, but /his/ was a terrible idea.
>>
>>7322251
Yes, then afterward ask him if he knows he's a meme
>>
>>7322251
Totes m8, it's definitely going to be funny and possibly enlightening.
>>
i would love to see a talk by him
would be such a delight
>>
Is this going to be recorded and uploaded onto youtube? If not OP can you record it?

Is it this event?

http://www.britishslovenesociety.org/europe-is-kaput-long-live-europe-zizek-varoufakis-at-the-royal-festival-hall/
>>
>>7322283
Yes, that's the one.

Did someone say /lit/ meetup?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>7322251
Zizek stop advertising for your talk, we're going to watch it anyways.
Why don't you get off your arse and write a book discussing /lit/'s culture already?
>>
>>>/his/
>>
>>7322283
>Is this going to be recorded and uploaded onto youtube?
I really, really hope that is the case. Varoufakis' recent talks have been stellar, I can only hope both of them don't loose too much time on the issues with the refugees and multiculturalism and focus mainly on the democratization of the EU while having a top notch banter.
>>
I got lucky enough to spend a week with him at Duke university
>>
After I go to the dentist and before the anesthesia wears off I record myself reading First as Tragedy. I then play it back to myself and pretend I'm attending a talk.
>>
>>7322895
Explain
>>
>>7322251

His talks are always quite entertaining (haven't you seen him on youtube?)

>>7322917
kek
>>
File: 1446294741835.jpg (52KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
1446294741835.jpg
52KB, 620x670px
>Varoufakis
>we need to save capitalism from itself
>>
>>7322251
Fuck Zizek you can just get a cold and talk to yourself with more clarity than he could.

Yanis on the other hand is a brilliant economist. He's worth seeing.
>>
>>7322883
If the EU was actually democratic then the refugees would be sent back to where they came from and Greece would not get so much as a cent.
>>
File: c5.jpg (103KB, 680x500px) Image search: [Google]
c5.jpg
103KB, 680x500px
>chatting with someone at university yesterday
>ask him what he thinks of zizek
>he starts doing zizek mannerisms
>start doing them back
>tfw we're both sniffling and touching our noses and tugging our shirts nonstop at one another for solid 30 seconds
>tfw girls pass us and give strange looks
>>
>>7324654
autism
>>
>>7322251
tell him to visit 4chan.
I think he would like it
>>
File: 1445913397724.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1445913397724.gif
428KB, 200x183px
>>7324654
>>
>>7324214
>I have reading/speech comprehension issues, and it's all the fault of someone smarter than me
>>
>>7324660
This, OP. Please.
>>
>>7325452
What if Zizek posted a thread on /lit/ saying he was sent here by an anon?
>>
>>7325456
It would be the end times, att vara ärlig, familj.
>>
File: Prismatic spray.webm (908KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Prismatic spray.webm
908KB, 480x270px
>>7322251

Bring an umbrella and a raincoat if you end up in the front rows near where he's speaking.
>>
>>7322895
Story?

If Zizek ever came to my college, I would definitely go and sperg out.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.