[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to write a novel that's deep and complex >suck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: sad_frog.jpg (7KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
sad_frog.jpg
7KB, 316x202px
>want to write a novel that's deep and complex
>suck at creating ideas that aren't shit
>can't even get 4 pages into a short story before attention span craps out
>>
I'm writing a novel (35,000+ words so far), and I have the same problem. I struggle every day to put words onto paper and it's harder with all the other stuff I have to keep up with in my life.

The key is the drive to create. Find time to do it. Keep focus. Write down everything that comes to mind, that's how you know when you look back at your work that it was actually you who wrote it.
>>
You don't want to write a novel or you'd be writing it. You want to have written a novel, you want that achievement with none of the work.
>>
>>7322088
pretty much, yeah. I realize I'm approaching writing for all the wrong reasons, but at the same time I feel like I've failed to do something important if I don't write
>>
>>7322088

>You don't want to write a novel or you'd be writing it.

I hate these trite little manifest destiny type platitudes. Chances are he simply needs to read and mature more. The world can do without another shit novel from a kid who wasn't really ready to write one yet.
>>
>>7322099
Can you imagine what this site would be like if everyone made a thread for every foible they have?
>>
>>7322049
How do you even write something 'deep' without it becoming pseudo-philosophical?
I feel like you almost need a phd in philosophy to write something interesting like that, and even then, pretty much everything has been done.

So what do you really consider 'deep', just obscurism or esoterism?
>>
>>7322137
With fiction I think the best you can do is to show someone themselves in a surprising way, like make them feel something they didn't know anyone else knew about, or show them why they feel a certain way even though they'd never thought about it before.
>>
>>7322049

You're infatuated with the idea of being brilliant rather than doing the work that incidentally could be brilliant. Essentially, a lame poser. Don't worry, most of us are like that. But try not to.

As for attention span, pick up meditation and cut down on internet use.
>>
>>7322049
Just write scenes. Your ideas will emerge. Write essays if you want to just tell people stuff
>>
>>7322137
Tell the truth and don't lecture. The catch is that YOU have to be deep
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.