[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IDEOLOGY #001: OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: Urizen_Plate_9_William_Blake[1].jpg (109KB, 477x650px) Image search: [Google]
Urizen_Plate_9_William_Blake[1].jpg
109KB, 477x650px
www.ideologylit.com

Ideology is accepting submissions for #001 Heat!

We have a US$50 prize for the best story that features the issue's theme of "Heat." We also accept rolling submissions for general prose and poetry.

>What is this?
Ideology is a new quarterly literary journal that publishes in January, April, July, and October. Check out our proof-of-concept issue, #000 Genesis: www.ideologylit.com/genesis

>How can I submit?
There are two ways to submit. You can e-mail us at [email protected] or you can use the anonymous submissions form on our website. We respond to all submissions.

>What's accepted?
All unpublished poetry and prose is accepted on a rolling basis.

Each issue also has a sort of "competition," centered around the theme. The best submissions that feature this theme will headline each issue. Submissions for "Heat" will close December 15th. You can read more about the guidelines on our website.

>What about the money?
The submission that is picked to headline the issue will receive a US$50 prize (most likely through PayPal).

>Is this the first literary journal from /lit/?
No. There's been others in the past, perhaps most notably TAR: The April Reader.

>How can I subscribe or receive updates?
You can sign-up for our newsletter through our website or by emailing [email protected]. You can also follow us on twitter, facebook, or Google + (links on our website)

>I'm not interested / stop spamming / this isn't /lit/-related
We're sorry to hear that. All threads on /lit/ will be started under this name, so please add that to your filter and you won't see us anymore.
>>
>>7314381
question

do stories HAVE to be related to the topic to win the moolah?
>>
>>7314499
>US$50 prize for the best story that features the issue's theme of "Heat."
This thread is off to a great start.
>>
let's say hypothetically one were to take an unrelated, pre-written short story, and tack on as the final sentence: "David then set himself on fire and died screaming."

would that count?
>>
File: 1406008504493.png (4KB, 237x169px) Image search: [Google]
1406008504493.png
4KB, 237x169px
>>7314381
Do you accept submissions in, say, Spanish?
>>
>>7314800

No, we only accept English or English translations.
>>
>>7315246
>accepting translations

Shit journal desu
>>
>>7314381
This is a really cool idea with a lot of potential. I might submit something, and I'll keep an eye on it either way.

>>7314395
>>7314499
>>7314518
>>7314610
>>7314800
>>7315246
>>7315257
/lit/ has been so uncharacteristically shit lately. I feel like /his/ is somehow responsible for this.
>>
>>7315246
Ok, thank you. I just wondered because I usually write in Spanish, but writing in English would be a nice exercise.
>>
>>7314381
You guys are alright.

I'd buy a copy for my kindle off smashwords for no more than USD$1.99. And hey, with that kind of money, you could offer vanity payments for every accepted submission (like, USD$12.50) instead of one-off lump sums.
>>
File: ZizekBetter2.png (504KB, 454x600px) Image search: [Google]
ZizekBetter2.png
504KB, 454x600px
>ideology lit
>>
>>7315558
Yes. That's where it came from. Are you new?
>>7315552
Is there an epub or mobi format for this?
>>
I have a story that fits the theme of heat perfectly but it needs to be edited and I don't have the time right now.
>>
>>7315257
Quite literally all journals accept translations.
>>
>>7315585
Submissions open til 15th December.
>>
>>7314381
site looks good, journal looks good
will probably submit something soon
hope you guys stick around, and like >>7315552 said I'd be down to throw a couple bucks your way for a fancy e-reader edition
>>
>>7314381
Word limits on submissions? Deadline?
>>
File: latest.jpg (356KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
356KB, 2048x1536px
>>7314381
>that first story
>>
>>7315657
>http://www.ideologylit.com/#submissions
Are you internet challenged, anon?
>>
>>7315285
His is responsible for this because everyone who reads left rofl
>>
>>7314381
Can a submission be related to heat by describing a lack of it?
>>
>>7314381
Good stuff. Will contribute something for sure.
>>
#0 wasn't so good. Is this getting any improvement?
>>
>tfw I'm going to win the $50 if I can be bothered

feels good
>>
>>7314381
Fuck off with this tripe shite
>>
When will you guys start sending out rejection/acception emails?
>>
>>7316654
Dear Anon,
Thank you for the interest in my shitty little mag that has no social capital or relevance in the literary world. Your post, though well-intentioned and thoughtful, has been rejected on the grounds of your inability to write a single sentence without an egregious error like 'acception'. I encourage you to waste your pathetic efforts and shitty stories on my shitty magazine next publication.
Yours truly,
ifuckedurdadlad
>>
Haven't you been accepting submissions for more than a month now?
>>
>>7314381
Are any of the editors affiliated with TAR?
>>
saving da good threadz
>>
>>7314381
The last one was so hilariously bad that I would be insulted if anything I submitted was actually included.
>>
>>7314381
Damn no prize for poetry?
>>
>>7319434
fucking word
>>
>>7314381
First off, .com? Really? Seems fishy.

And secondly, how about a story on thermodynamics? Pretty related to Heat if we are talking about scientific concepts metaphorically implemented. Here's the first paragraph, if you like it I'll submit.

>Downstairs, Meatball Mulligan’s lease-breaking party was moving into its 40th hour. On the kitchen floor, amid a litter of empty champagne fifths, were Sandor Rojas and three friends, playing spit in the ocean and staying awake on Heidseck and benzedrine pills. In the living room Duke, Vincent, Krinkles and Paco sat crouched over a 15-inch speaker which had been bolted into the top of a wastepaper basket, listening to 27 watts’ worth of The Heroes’ Gate at Kiev. They all wore hornrimmed sunglasses and rapt expressions, and smoked funny-looking cigarettes which contained not, as you might expect, tobacco, but an adulterated form of cannabis sativa. This group was the Duke di Angelis quartet. They recorded for a local label called Tambú and had to their credit one 10″ LP entitled Songs of Outer Space. From time to time one of them would flick the ashes from his cigarette into the speaker cone to watch them dance around. Meatball himself was sleeping over by the window, holding an empty magnum to his chest as if it were a teddy bear. Several government girls, who worked for people like the State Department and NSA, had passed out on couches, chairs and in one case the bathroom sink.
>>
>>7319499
whats wrong with .com?

also, your story sucks. names like meatball mulligan haven't been clever ever since they were used in crying of Lot 49.
>>
>>7319530
I think that's the joke. Because Lot49 had that Maxwell's Demon metaphor and Pinecone had that short story called Entropy.
>>
>>7319553
lol yeah it's like pynchon's most famous story, i was just trying to make someone angry
>>
>>7315822
just stfu
>>
>>7319622
> : ( fambam
>>
>>7316526
Not if I get bothered and win it first.
>>
>>7320053
>>7316526

but what if you enter and don't win

>tfw scared
>>
>>7321103
then obvious conspiracy is obvious
>>
Does the website submission form work?
>>
File: 1442758785196.png (50KB, 639x395px) Image search: [Google]
1442758785196.png
50KB, 639x395px
bump
>>
File: 1442758245395.png (74KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1442758245395.png
74KB, 640x400px
>>
I was recently published for pay here: http://madscientistjournal.org/2015/10/apophenia-or-apotheosis/

Is my stuff good enough for Ideology? It tends to be SF with literary pretentions.
>>
>>7324487
The language is over-wrought and you get your pluralisations wrong. Quite a few silly mistakes, in fact.
>>
>>7324522
Understood, thanks. I'll stick to the genre mags.
>>
>>7324524
You could do that, or you could use my criticisms to try and improve. It looks like you did a fair bit of research for this story which is a good start. Just put some of that effort into researching what makes good writing.
>>
>>7324531
Well, using the criticisms is going to be difficult because I wholeheartedly disagree with your first assertion and as for the second you didn't point out the mistakes (which, since they are mine, will be kind of hard for me to spot, don't you think?).
>>
>>7324536
I guess you'll never improve then.
>>
>>7324575
That's my operating assumption given the quality of the assistance I've been rendered.
>>
>>7322194
Answer me! Get it?
>>
>>7319434
>>7319441
your poems are shit anyways
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.