[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about my cover?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12

File: no name cover.jpg (109KB, 792x1200px) Image search: [Google]
no name cover.jpg
109KB, 792x1200px
I just made a book cover for my book. What do you think about it? I've deleted the title and my pen name because I don't want to this post look like an ad.
>>
>>7309214
The triangle looks like it was done in MS Paint. You need to round out the edges
>>
Its bold and geometric design makes it look like a manifesto.
>>
Terrible. Generally graphic designers don't make good authors and vice versa.
>>
wow, it took me almost a day. Anyway, I am no pro designer. So I guess you're right.
>>
>generic occult text with bad graphic design

Hmm.
>>
>>7309214
>I don't want to this post look like an ad.
I hope this book isn't in English.
>>
>>>/his/
>>
>>7309214
What happened to icycalm, Some Guy?
>>
>>7309214
I'm assuming it's just a template and you'll leave the finished version to a graphic designer?
If so, it's not bad at all.
>>
Sadly, I don't have the money to hire a professional designer.
>>
>>7309324
Oh, thanks, my bad :D
>>
>>7309242
How did that took you almost a day when anyone can make it in paint with 3 geometric forms.
>>
>>7309214
Not as bad as everyone is saying, think it'd look better as black on white though, or white on black, just not red
>>
>>7310920
I agree. White on black or red on black.
>>
>>7310920
This.

White is a much safer colour.
>>
>>7309214
Take a trip to /gd/. They might be able to help you.
>>
>>7311241
Oh, thank you. I'll do it right away.
>>
File: Black cover.jpg (164KB, 792x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Black cover.jpg
164KB, 792x1200px
>>7310920
The funny thing is, I also made a black and white one, and I chose the red one. Here. have a look.
>>
It's simplistic and nice, I kind of liked it. I think the red one looks better, way more scary or whatever.
>>
>>7313298
Thank you :D
>>
>>7309214
No it is unoriginal and boring. Try something that reflects your text and do a lot of muck ups. You can do it anon !
>>
>>7313393
Could you make it clearer? I am a damn photoshop noob :(
>>
File: ct-4redsq.gif (1KB, 288x72px) Image search: [Google]
ct-4redsq.gif
1KB, 288x72px
Why so occult? It's making me uneasy. Also, I don't fancy the sharp contrast between black and red. Why are you making a cover for your own book anyways? and posting it on lit?
>>
>>7313417
My novel, or the symbol on the cover is about a hater group. I use red and black to emphasize their cruelty. I posted my cover here to ask for opinions. I drew my own cover because I don't have the money to hire a designer. I wish I have, but I really don't. Do you have any suggestion?
>>
File: Neverwinter_Nights_cover.jpg (19KB, 290x401px) Image search: [Google]
Neverwinter_Nights_cover.jpg
19KB, 290x401px
Reminds me of this.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (6KB, 792x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
6KB, 792x1200px
>>7313454
>>
File: ngllnfi6.png (67KB, 792x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ngllnfi6.png
67KB, 792x1200px
>>
>>7313417
stop your moaning you bitch

also fuck you fukushima nagasaki you cunting admin cunt with the cunting captcha
>>
File: fuck-it-i-am-done.png (29KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
fuck-it-i-am-done.png
29KB, 600x700px
Fuck it, I am tired with this self-publishing shit. I'm giving my novel away for free. The cover can go to hell. I'll find another job while keep on writing.
>>
File: 1306694462_zero-kama1.jpg (65KB, 727x710px) Image search: [Google]
1306694462_zero-kama1.jpg
65KB, 727x710px
>>7314681
Too late OP
>>
By the way, I'm going to use the seven-color cover above for my blog. May I have your permission, good sir?
>>
>>7316791

nigga the sounds in this album were made only with bones

why do you have this

you mystic neopagan
>>
>>7316798

not that guy but I've listened to to secret eye of LAYLAH multiple times (it's actually quite listenable apart from the story about the instruments) and I think there's some groaning/synth stuff in there along with the bone legend. They just say "nope all bones lol" because it sounds good.

If you can get THIS sound out of human bones, I'd love to know how:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W2Z4CTGsCk

Also OP's design reminds me of the cover of xxyyxx.
>>
>>7316783
link to free book?
>>
I'm posting on wordpress. wait a minute. Screw this kapcha, makes me click on cactus.
>>
File: eng.jpg (456KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
eng.jpg
456KB, 3000x2000px
mkirbypn.wordpress.com

one warning: English is not my language and I don't have the money to hide editor. 3 months of self-editing do not guarantee error-free. More like error-freak. So be kind if you comment on my page. Thank you.
>>
File: el murcielago poster.png (1MB, 700x1134px) Image search: [Google]
el murcielago poster.png
1MB, 700x1134px
What do you think of my book cover?
>>
>>7316892
Why would you choose to write in English if it's not your first language? It's not good.
>>
>>7316850
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01779T2ZU?*Version*=1&*entries*=0
>>
>>7316912
It's too busy. Red font is shit, yellow font is even shitter. Glasses colour is bad. What's with the weird grey border right/bottom?

I'm no expert but I'd remove the red writing entirely, move the stencil a few centimeters to the right and print the name/title in non shit font.

Also,
>>>/gd/
They'll give you better advice.
>>
>>7316932
Also leave the shades lens' black/line shaded.
>>
>>7316920
I want to practice English.
>>
>>7316920
by the way, it's good to hear an honest opinion
>>
>>7316937
Are you sharing this with anyone (beyond /lit/) and getting feedback?

What's your first language?
>>
>>7316942
I'm not sharing it with anyone. You guys are the first to read it. My first language, I prefer not to talk about it. That's why I choose using a pen name.
>>
>>7316950
It's an Eastern European language, isn't it?
>>
>>7316955
No, Asian language
>>
>>7316958
Hm, interesting.
>>
>>7316950
Okie doke. I'm not sure how useful the writing exercise is without feedback. Keep reading and look up grammar and punctuation rules. Keep your writing simple until you're confident that it's grammatically correct. You don't need worry too much about your vocab because it seems pretty good and will expand naturally anyway. Yeah, just to reiterate: STUDY GRAMMAR MORE.

Don't give up. Good luck.
>>
Thank you :)
>>
>>7316976
keep guessing
>>
File: 81a3oM3EcfL.jpg (452KB, 1871x2560px) Image search: [Google]
81a3oM3EcfL.jpg
452KB, 1871x2560px
what do you think about my cover?
>>
>>7313289
Red one is definitely better.
>>
>>7316892
You should post this in a critique thread.
>>
i work as a designer/developer professionally and i can help with it if you want. i know free work undermines the industry but i don't want to see this board die now that /his/ is around. plus /gd/ is full of fucking garbage 100 level design students and people who work in $28k/yr advertising jobs
>>
>>7317097
I think it would be better with a black and white photo of a man standing on a podium and shouting at people with a giant megaphone
>>
>>7309214
I like the general idea but it needs a couple more elements to make it stand out more, and feel like it had more effort put in - maybe some hermetic symbols about the corners or an interesting variance of colours - all the lines white but the tear red, just play with it until it looks more legitimate. Also you've proved you aren't a shill so tell us the title, thematic consistency is important with this sort of thing
>>
>>7317650
I don't know if you are talking to me or the other. If you do, thank you, thank you very very much.
>>7317650
>>7318456
I have decided to give my novel away for free. A nice guy (you can see his post above) has read my novel, and he told me that I should improve my grammar. That means my novel is not good enough for publishing, and it would be a sin if I sell this crap for money.

What is the use of a great cover if I don't publish it?

Anyway, thank you. It's good to hear this while the climate is changing.
>>
illermernerty cofimnmed #doritosndew
>>
I like it OP. It looks occultist or something though
>>
>>7320041
Hell yeah lol
>>
Don't use a mouse to make your cover
The rounded edges make the triangle weaker
Not so sure about the tear drop unless it has significance
I don't mind the title being "title" if the story is actually good but that font is ugly
"By Some Guy" is stupid

You know graphic designers actually pay like 10-40+ bucks for fonts? That's why your shit is weak my guy.
>>
>>7309214
It sucks

just trash your book too, it's probably shit
>>
>>7316932

It's because it's a scanned picture of paper with a stencil produced in Photoshop after watching a couple of how to videos on Youtube along with lack of skill. It's okay for an unprofessional piece and I like the vibe it gives even though I don't know what it is about, but yeah both fonts are pretty ugly.
>>
It's decent, but I think it should have some slight changes.

You should turn around the triangle, and extend the top corner of the triangle. Then, you should round out the two sidecorners. These should be two circles. Then, the top part should be a sort of cilinder, with a rounded out top, and finally, the dick you just made should spray loads of cum
>>
>le triangle
>le all seeing eye
>le occult esoteric kabbalistic symbolism

Your book better be worthy.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.