[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aldous Huxley

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

What is /lit/s opinion on his books "the doors of perception" and "heaven and hell"?
im just finishing the latter and i am enjoying it but am curious how others have interpreted it and what they took away from it.
>>
Is it better than Brave new world? cause this one was a shitty one
>>
Poorly-written relic that's only worth reading nowadays for historical context
>>
>>7237716
i found that some of the ideas were fairly interesting. i agree that from a writing perspective this book is a piece of shit. its hard to follow because of his way or wording things and punctuation (also in context with the time and his background) but the material he tried to get out is still sound in my opinion. why didnt you like it if you could explain more?
>>
>>7237699
op here as well as the other reply, i havent read it but i know it is an actual novel and this book is two essays, the first re hashing his experience while on mescaline, the second, heaven and hell, he philosophises through many historical contexts how the human processes the visionary experience. and how the mystic/visionary experience can be looked at with two polarities much resembling heaven and hell as described through time. if i picked it up right at least.
>>
>>7237733
I'm not saying I didn't "like" it. It's just very dated. Discussion on the subject has moved forward. I think Robert Anton Wilson's non-fiction covers a lot of the same ground in a more entertaining (and more contemporary) way.
>>
>>7237761
il have to look into them. any recommendations?
>>
It's pretty good so far; the physiology part resonated but he's a little too simplistic to think this is 'expanding' his mind

Meanwhile I think Robert Anton Wilson's Angel Tech is fucking terrible
>>
>>7237860
which is pretty good so far? the doors of perception? i wouldnt say it expanded his mind at all. but it put him in a headspace where one would be more likely to learn and gain higher understanding of things menial or not.
>>
You made a DOP thread when there was already one in the catalog
>>
>>7237881
oops
>>
>>7237881
you sure that wasnt just a drug book thread with dop as the image related?
>>
www.gnosticmedia.com
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.