[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me /lit/ I've never been fond of reading. But I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Aesthetic Feels.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Aesthetic Feels.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
Help me /lit/
I've never been fond of reading. But I think I'd like to start. Can anyone recommend me some novellas? Preferably ones that have lots of drama, sad endings, melancholy tone, or just all in all depressing? Something that would give me the feels, it sounds stupid but that kind of shit inspires me to try harder in life.
>>
>>7228626
Notes from the underground
Steppenwolf
No longer human
Lord of the flies
>>
>>7228626

Siddhartha by Herman Hesse is a great book to sort of... start over and find yourself interested in reading and relaxing generally.
>>
Just read Russian authors and don't stop
>>
geez, I dont know, cant come up with anything right now anon.
>>
File: Koala Popscicle.jpg (41KB, 400x367px) Image search: [Google]
Koala Popscicle.jpg
41KB, 400x367px
>>7228636
Thanks all seem interesting
>>7228647
Usually workout/exercise, watch anime, or build things for relaxing, need some pressure that I can use as inspiration in my life
>>7228648
I'm Slavic so it works out
>>7228651
Comment if you think of anything
>>
>>7228626
Lord of the Flies, Animal Farm, Candide, 120 Days of Sodom, Heart of Darkness, Notes from the Underground, and The Old Man and the Sea are all easier books to start with.
>>
>>7228626
Candide
Importance Of Being Ernest.
>>
The Story of the Eye
>>
Kafka's stories and novels
>>
>>7228626
Richard Yates - easy to read and beautiful feels.
>>
Jean Rhys's novels
>>
File: NOVELLAS.jpg (2MB, 2384x1874px) Image search: [Google]
NOVELLAS.jpg
2MB, 2384x1874px
Hit up the sticky my nigga
>>
>>7229040
Eleven Kinds of Loneliness is actually cozy af
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.