[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quid est veritas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 041614.jpg (193KB, 874x1200px) Image search: [Google]
041614.jpg
193KB, 874x1200px
Well?
>>
jesus was a phoenician
>>
>>7223723
It looks like there was supposed to be a third person in that painting, between Jesus and Pontius
>>
From a Christian point of view, is Pilatus actually "evil"? He's doing his part to fulfill God's plan, as did Judas and Caiaphas, but at least Dante places Judas at the very lowest level of Hell, and I can't remember if that was because of his suicide or his treachery. I know the lowest circle was for traitors, but still.
Any insights, o sages of /lit/?
>>
>>7224685
No. Pilatus did his duty and was weak, he feared the masses.
But he wasn´t evil, but rather an intelligent man who didn´t like the role he head to play.
>>
>>7224796
Yes, but I'm wondering, did Pilatus go to Hell?
>>
>>7225014
I think it's Catholic doctrine that we can't know.
>>
>>7225033
Ah, well that's a shame. Thank you anyway.
>>
>>7224685
he represents double-mindedness / weakness, and also Pagan ignorance / irreligion

there's an ancient tradition that Pilate repented and converted afterwards, so the ancients obviously thought his sin wasn't that heinous
>>
>>7224685

Fullfilling a plan does not make one eligible from sin tbh.

Satanists today are actively fulfilling the profecy but that doesnt mean they are good because of that.
>>
>>7225343
Well, no, but surely Judas, Pilate and Caiaphas were such an integral part of the divine plan, it seems a bit unfair, or maybe petty, to damn them for only doing "their job".
>>
>>7223723
romani ite domum.
>>
Nescio, erro
>>
>>7225668
Romanes eunt domus, you mean.
>>
>>7223723
Lorem ipsum
>>
>>7224685
Judas went to hell because he killed himself after betraying Jesus and therefore committed the greatest sin, despair; believing that you have done something you cannot repent for.
Remember Peter betrayed Jesus three times but was not damned because he sought forgiveness.
>>
>>7223723
Mea commentarius, honestus esse
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.