[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the top three Hemingway books? I'm interested in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: ernie_boy.jpg (187KB, 842x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ernie_boy.jpg
187KB, 842x1024px
What are the top three Hemingway books? I'm interested in reading some of them. Tell me, /lit/
>>
>>5225706

1. The Complete Short Stories (especially if you include The Old Man and the Sea)
2. The Sun Also Rises
3. A Farewell to Arms
>>
go away
>>
>>5225748
I dislike "power ranks" in general, but I'm surprised by how much I agree with this.
>>
File: imbTzdd.gif (1MB, 374x352px) Image search: [Google]
imbTzdd.gif
1MB, 374x352px
>ernie_boy.jpg
>>
>>5225748
this is pretty accurate, OP.
>>
>>5225748
These are the only ones I've read, so I don't want to take a stand on this, but I still want to say that I enjoyed all three of them.
>>
>>5225706

The absolute best is In Our Time, his first. Read about the Iceberg Theory first, then enjoy the fuck out of these stories.

After that, Death in the Afternoon, nonfiction about bullfighting and writing.

Then The Sun Also Rises.

Then For Whom the Bell Tolls if you want more.

Trust me, short stories are where Hemingway excels.
>>
for whom the bell tolls
old man and the sea (if u have the right mindset for it)
not sure on the third place
>>
>>5225751
I'm surprised by how stupid you are.
>>
>>5225876
Is that the one with Indian camp? Best short story ever.
>>
The Sun Also Rises is my favorite.
>>
>>5225706
Complete Short Stories
The Sun Also Rises
A Moveable Feast
Garden of Eden
For Whom the Bells Tolls
A Farewell to Arms

These are my favorites.
>>
To Have and Have Not is criminally underrated

I heard Hem called it a "bunch of junk" later on. I think it is superior to Fiesta anyway.
>>
>top three

"The Sun Also Rises" is the only thing he ever wrote that's worth reading.
>>
1. The Sun Also Rises
2. In Our Time
3. A Farewell to Arms
>>
>>5225887
I surprised that you spend every Friday night sitting on a fat black dildo while you polish your fedora and call people names on 4chan
>>
>>5227800
Can this just be a sticky already?

This is it, there is no better.
Fucking Christ.
>>
I love him and I have never read anything so good, if that matters.

1. Islands in the Stream
2. For Whom the Bell Tolls
3. The Garden of Eden

I am not including short stories - every single one is genius. If you like to read normal novels, story line and everything - For Whom the Bell Tolls, A Farewell to Arms. If you want to read good writing without much plot - A Moveable Feast, The Sun Also Rises. If you want to see the soul of man and wonder how he did it - Islands in the Stream, The Garden of Eden, Men without Women, The Snows of Kilimanjaro.

Hemingway is the GOAT. My favourite novel is The Unbearable Lightness of Being but I don't think another writer can achieve something like him. He understands life, he just looks through it.
>>
has anyone read a moveable feast? i picked it up recently and i'm gonna get to it soon, just wondering if anyone else had read it and what their verdict is
>>
>>5225706
>The Sun Also Rises
>For Whom the Bell Tolls
>In Our Time
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.