[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"I could not write about "ordinary people"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: lovecraft_46.jpg (27KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
lovecraft_46.jpg
27KB, 640x430px
>"I could not write about "ordinary people" because I am not in the least interested in them. Without interest there can be no art. Man's relations to man do not captivate my fancy. It is man's relation to the cosmos - to the unknown - which alone arouses in me the spark of creative imagination. The humanocentric pose is impossible to me, for I cannot acquire the primitive myopia which magnifies the earth and ignores the background."

Does anyone else relate to this sentiment?

Frankly speaking, I don't give a shit about women, non-whites and even the majority of white people repulse me and stuff like family, love, mortality etc bore me. Is it fraudulent to write about such things considering the above?
>>
you're gonna get a lot of fedora tippings OP
>>
>>10035654
Do you by any chance possess a wicked sense of humour, good Sir?
>>
>Understand that people are interest
>Interested in understanding people
>No interest in people generally speaking
>People are a fundamental part of literature
>People are a fundamental part of publishing
It's one of those things where I think I should give up being a writer altogether.
I don't relate to any of your specifics though because even Lovecraft had an interest in families, love, mortality, and other sentiments like that. He just tended to twist them toward existentialism and horror.
Maybe you should start there. Write about those things from the perspective of someone like you. Although I think we have enough of that in modern lit as it is.
It's not like not you're a fraud already.
>>
With exception to your racism, I generally feel the same. I've tried writing about loss and grief, and I've had trouble sincerely exploring traditional values. I'm not attached to family, have no interest in romantic love (anymore), and am not too concerned with mortality like most (Western) writers seem to be. Playing with and appreciating clever turns of phrase turns me on much more than the sentiments you quote. Even Lovecraft's attempts at creating cosmic horror come off as corny and, to use your term, "fraudulent."
>>
>>10035654
>"I could not write about "ordinary people" because I am not in the least interested in them. Without interest there can be no art. Man's relations to man do not captivate my fancy. It is man's relation to the cosmos - to the unknown - which alone arouses in me the spark of creative imagination. The humanocentric pose is impossible to me, for I cannot acquire the primitive myopia which magnifies the earth and ignores the background."
Was it autism?
>>
Write whatever you want. Not everything has to be about humanity's infatuation with itself.
>>
>>10035669
No, I dont, but, i am intelligent...Ah, who am i kidding, i do, i have a wicked sense of humour.
>>
>space is bigger so it matters more
>>
>>10035654
>primitive myopia

He was okay until that part
>>
Look at this sperg, just LOOK at him!
>>
>>10035654
You don't lack interest. You lack the capacity for empathy, which is the source of interest. You are a stunted human being, and should not write at all.
>>
>>10035654
Don't write OP. If love and mortality bore you, you're never going to make it as a writer.
>>
>>10036062
you should say that he lacks interest because of a lack of empathy or understanding, if this thread wasn't b8
>>
> Does anyone else relate to this sentiment?
No, you alone in all the word think this.

> Is it fraudulent to write about such things considering the above?
What are "such things", the hatred of mankind, the desire to right about alternate relationships, some nebulous other option?

In any case, I think hating most of humanity shows a clear lack of self-awareness (or at the very least, an unearned sense of grandeur). And who even gives a shit if it's "fraudulent" to write about things you care about? Write what you want.
>>
>>10036078
>putting sex on a pedestal
>putting plebs on a pedestal
>putting dying on a pedestal

This is why you're not elite.

True patricians only read fiction about the cosmos, noumenal realms and
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.