[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we kill the idea that "classic literature is boring"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1-12-17-1.jpg (583KB, 1086x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1-12-17-1.jpg
583KB, 1086x1500px
How do we kill the idea that "classic literature is boring"?
>>
>>10035210
Isn't it enough for you to know that it's not true?
>>
Kill the people who think so
>>
Rewrite it to be less boring. Maybe add vampires, werewolves and/or text messaging.
>>
>>10035226
This. Dracula was trans.
>>
>>10035210
Stop trying to market it to the masses. No one cared in any of my non-AP high school classes about reading Romeo and Juliet or The Great Gatsby.
>>
>>10035435
This, actual good things can never go mainstream
>>
>>10035443
Bollocks. Most of it was mainstream to begin with; Dickens wrote in newspapers, and people rushed to meet the mail boat so they could be the first to read him.
>>
>>10035473
Yea dickens is shit.
>>
>>10035435
>>10035482
the only reason you know these things is because they are or were popular. They are the mainstream shit piles.
>>
>>10035482
Pretty much, but Oliver Twist is okay desu
>>
>>10035489
They were popular among the rich, because only the rich read books.
>>
>>10035473
These days many can't even read at the level of the pulps that Jack London's stories appeared in. And pulps were written for blue collar mouthbreathers. A dockworker in the 1930's was more literate than the average reader today
>>
>>10035210
The average modern man really can't be expected to start reading the classics one day on his own accord.

In my experience you have to work your way toward them from the entertainment that you're exposed to, and emancipate yourself from it step by step. If you want to foster interest in and appreciation for the classics you should try to write some good contemporary literature that points back to those classics. Be the stepping stone that helps people break out of their normie life if they have the strength to.
>>
>>10035210

You can't. Most people are stupid normalfags.
>>
>>10035552
In this way I guess people like Cliff Sargent, as annoying as he is, are doing a service. As well as adaptations of books into other media that could provoke interest in the originals.
>>
>>10035510
>A dockworker in the 1930's was more literate than the average reader today
top kek if you actually believe this
>>
Post non-boring classic literature and meme it into popularity. 4chan is full of people desperate for any kind of interaction that fosters a sense of belonging. It shouldn't be difficult esp now that the fashy/anti-fashy thing has gone from glamour to cringe.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.