[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A very short introduction series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 9780199207565.jpg (8KB, 180x279px) Image search: [Google]
9780199207565.jpg
8KB, 180x279px
What's your opinion on the "A very short introduction series?". Was thinking of getting one to orient myself a bit in some domains, being metaphysics and postmodernism.
>>
>>10034916
They're basically like very short introductions
>>
More readable and almost always more thorough and trustworthy than the corresponding Wikipedia article. Better suggestions for further introductory readings too. Haven't read a duff one yet.
>>
Pseud fuel
>>
highly variable. the less normie-tier the subject matter the better it tends to be.
>>
I read the one on Knowledge and it was alright. The metaphysics one was pretty meh; it was a little too pop-philosophy - not what I was looking for.
>>
the only bad one i read was social and cultural anthropology
>>
>>10034938
Do you have a recommendation for another introduction to metaphysics?
>>
>>10034916
They appear attractive because you should get through them in such short time but overall most are garbage from my experience. And not only because they must be so condensed. Just badly written.
>>
>>10034916
They are absolute trash and boring. None of the authors write with any passion whatsoever
>>
>buying literally 10 pages of book.
get the pdfs theyre on fucking google
>>
Any more books on autism?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.