[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some books that begin with a big battle scene? I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

What are some books that begin with a big battle scene?

I'd like to start off a story with a bang, but here are my thoughts.

Pros:
>action scenes are typically good hooks
>something is actually going on the reader can just jump into

Cons:
>characters are not established yet
>why does the reader care for a battle that they have no stake in?
>deaths feel forced and disingenuous to overall plot
>>
>>10034329

i mean Gravity's Rainbow KINDA
>>
I want to decorate her naughty, juicy tongue with a thick load, then rip these fucking pages off the wall and shove them in a paper shredder. Any books that begin with a battle or sex scene for this feel?
>>
>>10034361
>her
dude...
>>
The Charterhouse of Parma begins with a famous depiction of the Battle of Waterloo as it follows the young twink royal Fabrice del Dongo as he runs away from home on an ill-advised quest to join Napoleon's grande armee.

The problem with this scene is that it's probably the most exciting and inspired of any of the scenes in the book, leaving the final product a little lopsided and lumpy.
>>
>>10034329
not a book but im pretty sure apocalypse now starts with some war footage before cutting to destitute lt. kurtz/martin sheen.

im sure plenty of genre fic has done it, but im struggling to come up with a lit fic example. maybe something by junger or mccarthy (he sucks).
>>
>>10034361
http://instarix.com/lywi.gr/
>>
Who is she
>>
>>10034329
Germ by Robert Liparulo. One of my favs
>>
>>10035117
>The problem with this scene is that it's probably the most exciting and inspired of any of the scenes in the book, leaving the final product a little lopsided and lumpy.
I agree completely. The first part is fantastic and super funny, but by the end it gets really soapy
>>
>>10035094
it's a tranny?
>>
OH GOD PLEASE BE A BOY
>>
>>10035457
>>10035404
>>10035197
I already linked to her instagram in this thread you autistic morons.
>>
File: 1505444033265.png (696KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1505444033265.png
696KB, 1100x1100px
>>10035465
Let me live my delusion where every cute girl secretely has a dick, you heartless monster.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.