[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are trans girls who can pass as cis girls getting cis privilege

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: 1372911607831.jpg (293KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1372911607831.jpg
293KB, 1920x1080px
Are trans girls who can pass as cis girls getting cis privilege through deception?
>>
Absolutely. I know this cute petite trans girl who gets treated like a princess because everyone thinks she's a biological female. She doesn't even face the same issues the average trans person does, she should be shunned from the community.
>>
>>8871618
>cis privilege
female* privilege
>>
>>8871618
No. The concept of "privilege" is retarded, however trans people are always trans, even after transition. It doesn't even get rid of dysphoria! There are many in stealth who even choose to detransition because transition doesn't work.

Don't trap yourself.
>>
>>8871662
Why should we shun her just because she's achieved what we all want? I envy her, I wish I was short and cute
>>
>>8871676
>The concept of "privilege" is retarded
?
>>
>>8871662

>She doesn't even face the same issues the average trans person does, she should be shunned from the community.

Yet another reason why I dislike the LGBT "community". Fix your own shit anon. Don't act like an ass just because you are jealous.
>>
>>8871676
The concept of some people having easier or harder lives because of things out of their control is retarded?
I'm sure none of us have any advantage over agoraphobics :^)
>>
It's called passing privilege tbqh
>>
>>8872004
>>8871775

It's just cureanon; ignore.
>>
>>8871676
>Don't trap yourself.
It's okay if you say it once but not EVERY DAY and ALL THE TIME.

Stop what you are doing. Just stop.
Stop inserting little snippets of your dull anti-trans crusader advocacy in every post you make.
You are practically a spammer at this point.
>>
>>8871996

Yeah, no. >>8871662 is 100% right.

If you don't share our hardships and struggles, you don't really belong in the community, now do you?
>>
>>8871662
>she should be shunned from the community
Nah, she should be embraced and celebrated.
>>
>>8872009
Being read as a woman by society is not a privilege.
>>
>>8871662
Not that I necessarily disagree that she's benefiting from the assertion that she's a "real"girl, but how is that her fault? Are trans people only allowed to be the stereotypical man in a dress or they'll be shunned? How does that help the trans community? How is it a bad thing that she managed to be a convincing girl after her transition? Look, I get you're bitter that you got bullied or treated like shit but expecting everyone else to experience the same is bullshit.

Again, I can see why you would think she has a sort of privilege that most trans women don't have but she's still trans. She still has the same feelings about herself the rest of us do. She still had to out herself to her parents. She still had to go on HRT and deal with everyone we did. She got dealt a slightly better hand because she ended up being pretty, she shouldn't be shunned.

I just don't see the reason to look down on her outside of pure jealousy.
>>
>>8872061
Yeah it is and even if you don't think so, being read as a woman is still better than being read as trans which is the end point.
>>
>>8871775
We all have differing circumstances, it doesn't give you a right to demand better treatment than everyone else.

>>8872004
Obviously, people have better or worse lives.
However, the concept of privilege and "checking your privilege" is fucking retarded.

>>>/sjwhellhole/

>>8872015
Ideas over identity. I'm fucking right and you know it.

>>8872043
I'm simply spreading my viewpoint.

If you don't like it, there's places that don't support free speech that would welcome you.

I'm also not "anti-trans". I'm pro trans-rights.

I'm not a spammer. Nice try, bitterhon.

>>8872049
muh privilege
>>>/sjwhellhole/
>>
>>8872078
>>8872170
>>
>>8871618
In my experience, dealing with actual real trans people in real life, some of the people that pass the best, that look the cutest, also suffer from some of the worse dysphoria. I realize that seems paradoxical, but in my experience it has often seemed to be the case.
>>
>>8871676
>>8872178
>The concept of "privilege" is retarded
>We all have differing circumstances, it doesn't give you a right to demand better treatment than everyone else.
>>
>>8872237
Feelings aren't protected by the law.
We don't live in fucking communism, nobody will ever be "truly equal". It is our differences that unite us.
>>
>>8872178
>You will not post any of the following outside of /b/: Trolls, flames,
Check.
>uncalled for catchphrases,
Also check ("bitterhon", "stop transitioning").

You, sir, are nothing but a shameless spammer.
>>
>>8872317
I'm not breaking any rules.

I'm not trolling or flaming. I'm simply providing my viewpoint. If you disagree, you're free to go elsewhere.

My "catchphrases" are more ideas than catchphrases, and are used for debate rather than just shitposting.

Key words "uncalled for".

I've been reported hundreds of times at this point, and I'm still here.

I'm obviously not breaking any rules.
>>
>>8872327
Let me reiterate so it gets through your thicc skull this time:
YOU. ARE. BREAKING. THE. RULES.
>and I'm still here.
Congratulations, you know how to evade your bans. You want a fucking medal or something?
>>
>>8871618
It's not deception to be treated as a woman if that's what you are. If you call it deception then you're basically saying that trans people need to wear some kind of trans badge on their clothes at all time so they can be singled out for discrimination.
>>
>>8872371
I'm. not. banned. I'm. posting. on. my. main. IP. address. that. I've. posted. on. for. years.

There, spelled it out for you.
>>
>>8872523
He said cis priviledge, there's a difference there. It's the difference between being treated as a man or a woman or being treated as trans and non-trans. OP is saying that trans people who pass do not have the same struggles because they're not seen as trans, which is factually true. Even if people accept that you're a woman, people will still see you as trans so you will be treated worse than a cis person.
>>
>>8872540
I take issue with the OP calling it deception.
>>
>>8872539
You have a static IP address?
>>
>>8872545
What else would you call it? Yeah it's not a nice word and it comes across as accusatory but if that person would treat you differently if you were trans but they don't because they think you aren't, then they're being deceived.

It might not be your intention and nobody saying it is but they are in fact being deceived.
>>
>>8872549
Yes, I have a static IP address.
It's a part of the plan I'm on where I live, only static IPs are available.
>>
>>8872563
I would agree that it would be deception to deny being trans, but it's not deception to not reveal it. People are entitled to privacy and don't have to proactively reveal everything that might cause others to treat them differently.
>>
>>8872602
That's kind of dodging the question though. What you're saying is true and I don't disagree with you but it doesn't change reality. We're talking about the idea of getting privilege through perceptions. It's not a matter of what you tell people, it's a matter of what they see and how they subconsciously respond and in this case people are perceiving you as something you aren't and acting accordingly and in that case, it is deception. It doesn't change that you have no obligation to anyone but human interaction isn't that simple.
>>
>>8872626
Being treated as a normal human being isn't privilege, it's normal. Getting treated as subhuman because you're trans is a disadvantage. There's nothing wrong with a trans woman being treated as just a normal woman, and it's not privilege. It's just normal and the way things should be.
>>
>>8872646
Nobody is saying it's wrong. Also it is privilege if you're a trans person that doesn't pass because they will probably never have that feeling, ever. Trans people who don't pass will probably never be treated the same as cis people and have to live their whole lives disadvantaged and it probably won't change, ever. Meanwhile you look over to your friend who was born feminine, got on HRT early and cruises through life with barely any social struggle, it's obvious why some people will see her as privilege.

You can disagree with it but those 2 people will not face the same struggles and everybody knows it.
>>
>>8871618
>cis privledge
you mean not being regarded as the mentally ill cunts they are? fuck you niggerfaggot
>>
>>8872646
The word normal makes no sense the intersectional privilege hierarchy worldview, every group ranks above/below some other group

This is one of many reasons I find this framework unhelpful most of the time and actively antagonistic to healthy discussion some of the time
>>
>>8872677
Obviously passability makes a big difference in how trans people are treated. It shouldn't but that's how it is. The more passable you are the more options you have about when and to whom you reveal your trans status, but being trans will always affect you in some way. Like trying to maintain stealth can leave you socially isolated because you're too afraid to get close to anyone lest they find out you're trans.
>>
>>8872697
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying, but an intersectional privilege hierarchy worldview sounds like some kind of autistic postmodernist BS. If you're saying it's unhelpful I agree.
>>
>>8872714
Also viewing "privilege" as this inverted hierarchical system is counterproductive, and tangential to what the whole "intersectionalist" movement in social justice was about in the first place, but the media LOVES pushing this narrative, because it fits well into a complacent liberal narrative if there are an increasingly small strata of the "truly oppressed".

Even the original point of telling someone "to check their privilege" has been completely lost, it was never meant to engender guilt, it was intended to trigger righteous anger, to spark realization of just solidarity. Intersectionalism was supposed to be about building a more conscious solidarity, not about tearing down and fracturing a movement into easily marketable sub-groups who each feel paralyzed by a misdirected sense of grief.
>>
>>8872749
>not about tearing down and fracturing a movement into easily marketable sub-groups who each feel paralyzed by a misdirected sense of grief.
One problem is learned helplessness. Identifying as a victim is the opposite of empowering, it tends to make you feel helpless and dependent on others.
Then when you have a hierarchy, instead of solidarity you get competing groups jockeying for position. It's all a big mess.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.