[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else too afraid to transition and keep putting it off?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 5

File: 1487453204518.jpg (27KB, 480x476px) Image search: [Google]
1487453204518.jpg
27KB, 480x476px
Anyone else too afraid to transition and keep putting it off? I'm unhappy and I know transitioning would make me happier, but I always get so afraid and back out whenever I try to do something transition related. When I was a teen and tried to come out I would get scared and back out last second. When I would try to order hormones I would convince myself I wouldn't pass and scare myself into not ordering them. I'm in my early 20's now and I've been doing things like this for years every time I get close to starting and I fear I will continue doing it until I really can't pass.
>>
>>8871204
Why do you get scared?

Also, yes.
>>
>>8871204
btw if you keep this trend you are definitely not going to pass in the near future.

remember that.
>>
>>8871213
Transitioning is scary. I think about all the bad things that could happen and kind of just scare myself into not doing it.
>>
>>8871244
JUST DO IT

just like that guy that yelled just do it in front of a green screen
>>
>>8871204
I know this is the shittiest advice in the world, but at some point you just have to muster up the courage to get over some of your fears. But once you get the ball rolling, it gets easier and easier and eventually the things you thought you were always too scared to do are done and you don't have to really worry about them any more.
>>
>>8871244
Better play it safe and not transition. Who knows, maybe you'll find being male more acceptable eventually! Transition will never make you the same as a cis girl anyway.
>>
>>8871240
Yeah I'm afraid of that.

>>8871245
I wish I had the courage to just do it.

>>8871262
It's not shitty advice I appreciate it.
>>
>>8871204
Repression has no long-term proven benefits.
STOP DENYING, START HRT
>>
>>8871204
I repressed til 22 and deeply regret it. Trust me, it's not going to get better.
Even if you don't pass, you can still detransition (although I wouldn't recommend it).
>>
>>8871204
Tranaition has no long-term proven benefits.
STOP FAPPING, START LIVING!
Don't trap yourself.

>>8871240
Don't trust bitterhons!
Passing or not, transition doesn't work.

>>8871244
Don't fucking do it.

>>8871262
It's not about courage. It's about logical sense.
Check the science.

>>8871272
This, but not for those reasons.
Transition has no long-term proven benefits, so there's no point to transition.

>>8871296
>>>/mtfg/, bitterhon.
The shills are already out.

>>8871365
Don't trap yourself.
Long-term, transition doesn't work.
Even if you pass, you will feel you are a man on the inside and still have dysphoria - this is a mental illness.
>>
>>8871560
Evading your ban yet again, hon?
>>
>>8871571
I'm not banned, I'm not breaking the rules and the mods agree.
Nice try, bitterhon.

The mods can see my IP and it's the same one I always use.
>>
>>8871572
>I'm not banned
Yet. :^)
>>
>>8871591
I'm not breaking the rules.
Meanwhile, you actively shill a general that isn't anything to do with you.
Piss off.
>>
>>8871610
Why do you feel it's necessary to spam the exact same message over and over? I just come here to check on /gaygen/ and gay threads, and I always see your messages cluttering things up.
>>
>>8871610
Why are you so manfrustrated and defensive, dude? Just chill, bro, chill.
>>
>>8871629
just report him and move on he gets banned and ban evades all the time
>>
>>8871629
I'm not spamming, bitterhon.
Everything I post is different, minus the slogan which I use to get my message across easier.

This is also used by other people by the way.
I'm not the only cureanon.

I'm here to advise people on the truth, and save lives from bitterhon shills.

>>8871630
I'm not "manfrustrated", I am a man however.
Also, I am chill. I'm simply advising people on the truth.

>>8871636
I'm not breaking the rules.
>>
>>8871629
You can't reason with her. Just don't ever reply to her posts and hopefully she'll get bored of spamming quicker.
>>
File: state-of-denial.jpg (74KB, 640x391px) Image search: [Google]
state-of-denial.jpg
74KB, 640x391px
>>8871654
>I am a man
Sure you are, sweetie.
You are a big strong alpha male man's man who don't need no transition, aren't you, honey?
>>
>>8871701
I'm not a her.
Also, I can be reasoned with.
But bitterhons aren't reasonable.

I'm not spamming.

>>8871703
Shilling.

But I'll take the bait anyway, because it's all you bitterhons live for.

I'm not a "big strong alpha male man's man."
I'm a fairly feminine guy infact.
However, transition has no long-term proven benefits. Piss off.
>>
>>8871737
Why do you always choose my threads to derail? I make a thread maybe once every 3 weeks and you always derail it why? I already hate myself and I don't need you to come to my threads and tell me even if I transition I will still be a miserable piece of shit.
>>
File: rod spots a liar.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rod spots a liar.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
>>8871737
>I'm a fairly feminine guy
Nonsense. You are AGP and according to Rod who is a top scientist in the field of AGP you are likely to be 6'2, have a caveman browridge and forehead, long midface, zero hips and linebacker shoulders.
Even your behavior screams "man."
>>
>>8871760
I'm not "choosing" anyone's thread, nor am I truong to "derail" anything. That's the bitterhons, not me.

Also, I simply am saying the truth. If you don't like free speech, there are other places to go.

>>8871761
I am AGP, correct. But I don't subscribe to Blanchard's ideaology either. AGP exists, but thr AGP/HSTS theory lacks evidence.
>>
>>8871760
Ste attacks any threads about transition or repression. Hence hijacking /repgen/ as her home general.
>>
>>8871786
I'm not "attacking" threads.
Also, I'm not "hijacking" /repgen/.
I make quality posts, always have always will.
Feel free to disagree, but you're wrong.
>>
>>8871790
So since transitioning wont benefit me and it was my last hope in life I should kill myself right?
>>
>>8871797
I never encourage suicide.
If it came to suicide or transition. Transition may be an option but only as an experimental palliative care method to extend your life a few years maximum through the delusion.

I'll never encourage suicide, unlike bitterhons.

Transition doesn't work, but placebo is a very strong effect. For that reason alone, in cases of transition or suicide, transition is worth a shot before suicide.
>>
>>8871560
You can fuck off and die in a fire.

Also your catchphase sucks.
I DONT FAP HRT MAKES MY BENIS FLOPPY
>>
>>8871812
I fully expect to kill myself one day.

Being able to talk about my feelings on this one board, the only place I can, helps me deal with them and helps stave off that day.

Please respect that and stop turning this into a place where I can't post and can't get myself that little extra time.

I don't know anything about you but please be honest and mean what you said and don't allow my slide to death to happen faster by ruining threads like these.
>>
>>8871886
I know exactly how you feel I hope you feel better one day anon
>>
>>8871862
I'm not going to go "die in a fire".
Encouraging death, bitterhon?
Makes your argument sound very valid.

Also, if you're trapping yourself, NoFap won't be of much benefit as you're feeding your mental illness. Detransition first.

>>8871886
You're free to express your feelings on this board, my posts are not stopping that in any way.

This is not a "safe space", however. This is 4chan.

If you want a place where people will not challenge your viewpoints and you don't want free and open discussion, I'd reccomend checking out one of the many other places on the internet you can go.

I'm not encouraging suicide, or death in any way.
4chan is not the place for you if you can't handle people disagreeing with you.

I'm not "ruining" anything.

>>8871907
I hope this anon feels better soon too!
But this isn't a safe space.
>>
>>8871907
Thank you. You too anon.

>>8871956
Please don't lie about not encouraging my suicide when I've told you full well how you're doing that.
>>
>>8871967
I'm not encouraging suicide by disagreeing with your ideas. That is your choice to stay on 4chan when you are in a vulerable mental state.

4chan is about freedom of speech and ideas over identity. If you don't like or can't handle that, being here is putting yourself at risk.

If you're suicidal, talk to a doctor, not this board.

I don't want you to kill yourself. Get help.
>>
>>8871737
>I'm a fairly feminine guy infact.
let me fondle your intact feminine guy benis
>>
>>8872000
L-lewd! Sorry, I'm abtaining and don't wish to get into a relationship or have sexual contact until I'm free of my mental illness.
>>
>>8871985
I've told you my situation and you're deliberately ignoring me. There's nowhere else I can talk about this and I can't talk about it and receive any sense of peace while threads are mostly posts to and from you. You do this to every thread so I can't just go to a different thread.

I want help and you're making me be unable to get it. You can say whatever you want but you obviously aren't telling the truth about now wanting me to kill myself, at least it doesn't mean as much to you as continuing making threads all about yourself.
>>
>>8871886
I love you anon <3
>>
>>8872012
but you'll never be! tbqhon
i'll make it all better with my hands i promise
>>
>>8872021
I'm not ignoring you.
I'm simply pointing out, the value of freedom of speech is above the value of anything else. Period.

4chan is about freedom of speech. You're still free to speak here.

Most threads aren't posts to and from me, actually. Only a minority of posts on this board are relating to me.

I don't "do this" to "every thread". Feel free to check all the thread. Also, it's free speech.

If you don't like it, that's not my problem.

I am telling the truth, you're attempting to silence my viewpoints with threats of suicide.

Nice try, I'm not making any threads about myself by the way. I've never actually even made a thread on /lgbt/ before, I only reply.

Blame the other cureanons, or bitterhons.

>>8872027
I care about this anon too, but they're not willing to consider other people's points of view, and then literally claim I'm making them want to kill themselves and trying to shut down my free speech with it.

Sorry to say, but freedom of speech is an important virtue never worth sacrificing - I don't encourage suicide however, and that's that.

>>8872081
I will be free of it one day, don't you worry.
Sorry to say, but no thanks.
>>
>>8872089
>Sorry to say, but no thanks.
but i wasn't really asking *forcefully gives ur benis a succ*
>>
>>8871560
You're so fucking boring now, what happened?
i thought caraposter was bad but this dude takes the cake
>>
>>8872157
I'm not into rape roleplay, sorry.
Maybe /d/ is a better board for this sort of thing.
>>
>>8872089
The right to existence trumps free speech
Where that line is drawn is up for debate (I don't agree with what you probably think my views are)

We should not be free to publish plans for enriching uranium and producing nuclear weapons. Do you disagree?

If so, how do you stop the proliferation of nuclear weapons? Do you wan chapo Guzman having nukes? Much of our uranium comes from shitty countries, we can't control access to shit that's in the ground all over the world.
>>
>>8872175
Correct. Trans people have a right to exist, and that is not being destroyed in any way.

However, existing doesn't include "existing without people making fun of you, disagreeing with your viewpoints, exc"

You're free to exist. It's not like people can deny trans people's existance, but they can deny the fact that transition works, and that trans people are "real women/men".

Personally, I have a pro-trans rights view that trans people should be treated as their target gender, however you cannot force people to treat you a certain way.

That's not freedom, and that's not a right you or anyone else has. That's slavery.

In regards to plans to publish nuclear information, I believe that should be free information, myself. While it's currently probably illegal, I'm a strong believer in true freedom for all speech.

In regards to nuclear weapons, there are numerous treaties and checks that are already available to stop people from getting nuclear weapons.

Uranium is strictly controlled for a reason you know, health and safety of the world.

Also, if someone builds nukes, then you take action on that country then. Good intelligence and anti-terrorism doesn't remove freedom of speech.

These are all solvable by traditional intelligence methods, and good old police work.
>>
>>8872162
give in, bb *slaps your benis*
>>
>>8872027
Thank you. It's really hard for me to feel love.

>>8872089
Please stop gaslighting me. I feel I've lost the one place that helps me.
>>
>>8872206
I'm not gaslighting you.
You're not crazy, you may have a mental illness (gender dysphoria) but that doesn't mean you're crazy.

Your claims and beliefs are logically incorrect, however you still have the right to have them.

What you don't have the right to do, is shut down other's rights and free speech, which is what you're attempting to do here by creating some sort of safe space, on 4chan of all places.

You haven't "lost" anything. 4chan is still here is it not? It's not going anywhere. You're free to ignore my posts and reply to others.

I'm not stopping anyone from having their free speech.

Believe it or not I do care about you, and the reason I post the way I do is because I care about people like you.

Transition ruins lives, and I want us all to be better.
That's why I fight for a cure.
>>
>>8872221
Fuck off, dude.
Go be an ex-trans minister somewhere else.
>>
>>8871956
You are a disgusting piece of shit.
and btw I did nofap for a month before HRT (actually not because of trans feelings but because of other stuff), guess what? if it's not just a fetish it won't work you idiot.
>>
>>8872224
I'm not an "ex-trans minister".
I'm allowed to have freedom of speech on this board.

If you don't support freedom of speech, you're free to go elsewhere, bitterhon.

Your ideology is logically incorrect.
>>
>>8872231
I'm not a "disgusting piece of shit". That's your opinion. Also, transition doesn't work.

Also, as I've explained many, many times, it can take up to 2 years in extreme cases for NoFap to work, and a bare minimum of 90 days to get good results.

Feel free to call me an idiot, but in the end science is on my side, not yours.
>>
>>8872221
>fight for a cure
Tell me how you fight for a cure you stupid fuck
>>
>>8872221
Beliefs aren't logical in the first place you fucking retard.
>>
>>8872197
Uranium is in the fucking dirt you want surveillance on every patch of dirt on the planet? If the plans are made freely available you don't need to be a state to produce weapons, you only need money.

Also surveillance by intelligence agencies is arguably a larger threat to personal freedom than free speech restrictions, perhaps you trust the NSA to be perfectly aligned with a normal persons interests (which tbqh seems pretty naive, but possible) but what of russians/chinese/Israelis gain access to all that information? Nothing is 100% secure. All collected data is liable to be stolen, leaked, sold, traded, etc.
>>
>>8872239
I fight for a cure simply by being here, by pushing back against the traditional narrative, by showing people the facts.

This eventually leads to a free speech environment where the best ideas win, and the cure will be able to start being developed.

>>8872240
Bitterhons believe that transgenderism=neurological intersex and that transition has proven benefits by science.

They're misrepresenting science, and think their beliefs are fact. This is why I call them out.

I'm not a "retard", bitterhon. Nice try, going for insults now? No argument.
>>
>>8872221
If you cared about me you would have listened to me.
>>
>>8872243
Uranium alone is useless to create nuclear weapons. You need to enrich it, which requires massive factories.

Uranium alone won't do fucking shit, bitterhon.

You'd be able to spot the factories very easily, and you'd have a legal reason to raid them, even cross country.

Also, in a freedom of speech society, surveillance isn't an issue because people can say what they want without an issue.

The issue is said surveillance is used against people and their speech is not free.

I'm a strong supporter of legal protections against surveillance in regards to free speech, and they can be implemented without stopping the benefits of counter-terrorism.

I don't trust the NSA, no. However, if an intelligence agency existed which respected free speech, which is easily possible, and was purely focused on counter-terrorism, I'd have no problems with it.

And in regards to russians/chinese/israelis, there is plenty of ways to deal with that.

Most of these countries already have access to some form of nuclear weaponry or similarly strong weaponry anyway.

It's illogical to think that people will just destroy the planet if they have nukes. Russia is unlikely to nuke the planet, let's be real here.

Also, your point is correct. Nothing is 100% secure, so why not let the information be free in the first place! Better all countries having it and being able to have an open discussion, than one or two having advantages.

>>8872257
I did listen to you. I also gave you my viewpoints on the situation.

It's sad what's going on, but at the same time you must stay strong. I can't simply wave a magic wand and cure your dysphoria, but transition WILL NOT HELP YOU.

This is scientific fact.

In regards to your safe space, this is a free speech area. I'm not going to silence myself and stop posting simply because you disagree and then threaten to kill yourself.

That's just you attempting to control me, sorry but no.
>>
>>8872238
and it's your opinion that transition does not work, god I hope you fall and break your neck
>>
File: bill goy the science boy.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bill goy the science boy.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
>>8872249
Look, kid, I am not even trans so cut this persecutory bullshit before I become convinced I am talking to some 89 IQ tinfoil hat-sporting /pol/tard. I merely wanted to object to your assertion that beliefs are somehow on the same side as logic which they are not.
>>8872272
>I don't trust the NSA, no.
89 IQ confirmed.
>>
>>8872281
It's not an opinion. It's fact.

Nice try, bitterhon.

Also >encouraging harm on someone

You bitterhons like to call me someone who makes people want to suicide, and then go and do this?

What a joke.

>>8872288
I'm not a /pol/fag. My "beliefs" are logical, by the way. Science backs them up.

Nice try, bitterhon.

Disagreeing with some of the practices of the NSA and distrusting them doesn't mean I'm 89 IQ. IQ is bullshit anyways, and differs from test to test. It doesn't show the wide scope in various types of intelligence, and is missing the full story.

For the record, my IQ is above 130. Not giving specifics because IQ is fucking bullshit, but I can tell you I'm not a dumbass.
>>
File: brows.jpg (7KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
brows.jpg
7KB, 229x220px
>>8872281
Now now, there is no need to get nasty no matter how idiotic or bait-o-licious she sounds. That's exactly what she wants, to provoke a reaction from (You)s while stroking her thick well-endowed girlcock.
>>
>>8872300
You harm my feelings so I say emotionally upset things
I don't want you to die or harm, but I do really wish you would leave this board
>>
>>8872325
I'm not "baiting" or "idiotic", however I can agree there's no need to ever wish for harm upon someone.

I'm not here to get (You)'s or reactions.

I'm also not stroking my "girlcock".
I'm no NoFap for goodness sake.

I'm also not a girl.
>>
>>8872300
>IQ is fucking bullshit, but I can tell you I'm not a dumbass.
Whatever you say, Simple Dick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa9SEv7zwHw
>>
>>8872334
I went against your ideaology, so your feelings were hurt, so you wished death upon me?

Free and open discussion, putting feelings aside is free speech. I'm not here to "trigger" you or make your feelings feel worse, however I'm here to discuss things logically.

This is 4chan, a place where ideas come before personality.

You're free to wish I would leave this board, but I'm not going to. I simply speak the truth, nothing more. You're free to disagree with the truth, that's your right.
>>
>>8872272
>>8872272
Like how we can easily find north Koreas uranium enrichment plants?

I think you underestimate the effect of human nature, there will never be a perfect intelligence agency and acting as if there could be will not end well.

I'm talking about the information required to ensure no one on the planet is covertly extracting uranium, russia/china do nt have that information which would have to be massive in size

It's not that people will want to destroy the planet (although some fringe religious groups *would* want that eg Isis) its that any sociopath (and there are plenty of very wealthy ones) could hold any city ransom with nukes, it would only take 1 or 2 cities to prove you aren't bluffing. Do you want a nuclear Genghis khan?

Because stealing information is extremely difficult, requires resources and usually leaves traces about who stole the information. There is a benefit to having knowledge about nuclear physics that outweighs the risks of it leaking, that is not necessarily true of information collected by intelligence agencies
>>
do it faggot
>>
>>8872342
It's very personal to me, being trans is my entire existence and I feel like you are trying to invalidate it, to me it feels worse than being wished death upon. you make it sounds like you stepped on my toes and then I wished you death, but from my viewpoint what you did was far worse. does it hurt you feelings I wished death upon you in a altered mental state?
>>
>>8872300
>my beliefs are backed by science
>IQ is bullshit

Ayyy lmao

You are actually a fucking retard, the overwhelming scientific consensus for decades has been that IQ is not "bullshit"
>>
>>8872272
You haven't listened to anything I said and you've ruined the one place I can help myself by making it about you every time and you won't even admit it.

I've got nowhere left.
>>
Is there any way to distinguish between hating the way you look and having dysphoria?
Like it hurt me bad when my mother forced me to get my hair cut because 'I'm a man' but how are you supposed to know whether you're just a guy who likes having long hair? And when people tell me I'm feminine or girly it makes me feel happy. Or feeling happy after shaving my body or plucking my facial hair.
I honestly feel like I could either be non trans or trans and both seem equally likely to me at this point.
Also I'm AGP as fuck but haven't crossdressed in a decade. wtf should I do?
I'm 21 now and I'm fully aware of how destructive time can be but I feel like I might just be overthinking this.
>>
>>8872357
Being trans shouldn't be your entire existence tbqhon

Are you actively being trans when you brush your teeth or make spaghetti? Does your gender really effect every single waking moment of your existence? That is unhealthy.
>>
>>8872378
All I think of 24/7 is I wish I was born a girl and pretty, but all I can do is cry because I was born with really manly genetics
>>
>>8872338
Nice shitpost!

>>8872349
Obviously not, but NK is a complicated problem and they still got nukes without the nuclear plans being open, didn't they?

Of course there will never be a perfect intelligence agency, but I think you underestimate the chances of a terrorist causing MAD with nukes.

If that information was public, there would be ways to counter said covert extraction, and there's no way you'd hide the fucking plants enriching it anyway.

And there's plenty of "black market" nuclear warheads and the like out there. Has there been any threats yet?

My point is withholding the information is retarded as if there's a will there's a way.

Obviously, it's difficult. But I'm still against all forms of holding information away from people.

If everyone knew about these problems, they could be worked upon globally.

The risk with withholding information is when one party uses the information to it's advantage and screws everyone else over.

This could happen with any country with hidden information, it's equally likely a terrorist happens to come out of hidden knowledge from the US than some 3rd world shithole.

>>8872357
I understand that. I'm not attempting to invalidate your experience as trans, the issue is that you've identified with something that isn't actually you, but it's an issue you have.

That is your choice that you've made, to feel offended about words. Simply look at things objectively, without attaching your feelings to the situation. This is what 4chan is about, ideas over identity.

I'm not here to invalidate you being trans.

It's not your fault you're trans. However, the science is still on my side, and a cure is the best option.

No, it doesn't really hurt my feelings, but it makes me worried about you and your mental health. I hope you can get through this, anon.

>>8872363
I'm not a "retard". IQ, however is lacking the full spectrum of intelligence. It highly correlates with, but does not = intelligence.
continued>>
>>
>>8872363
It's not "complete and total bs", but it's not a number that accurately measures *INTELLIGENCE*. It measures specific types of intelligence, but is not = to intelligence.

There's more than IQ that goes into intelligence. There are many people with low IQ who do great things, and you can't argue that.

It still is heavily lacking as a measure of actual intelligence.

>Scientific consensus
Appealing to authority.

>>8872366
I haven't "ruined" anything. That's your feelings. 4chan was never designed as a safe space for you to be able to express your feelings without people disagreeing with you and your ideas.

I'm not making it about me, this is a free discussion board. You're wrong, it's that simple.

You claim you have nowhere left, but there are endless hugboxes out there you can speak to people like yourself in. Please go to one of them!

>>8872378
This. You have gender dysphoria, you don't identify with your mental illness!

It is unhealthy! You're completely correct.

>>8872383
And that's a mental illness, it isn't you.
You aren't your mental illness.

Think of the type of girl you want to be, think of the things you want to do apart from being trans and transitioning.

That is what *you* are, NOT your mental illness.
>>
>>8872397
>No, it doesn't really hurt my feelings, but it makes me worried about you and your mental health. I hope you can get through this, anon.

I hope you find the cure you want so much.
I don't want a cure even if it existed, you probably can't understand it, but being trans and repressing most of my life is all I know, taking that away would leave me with nothing, I am my gender dysphoria. And I hope that you will respect my choice then and try not to force people to get cure if it ever becomes available
>>
>>8872383
You should become an interesting person with hobbies/passions/desires(note the plural marker on desire) in that case

It sounds like you have several overlapping mental health issues, you seeking help in that department?
>>
>>8872383
god i can relate it's all i think about as well
>>
>>8872409
I can understand that some don't want a cure.

I understand that you've identified with your mental illness, and being trans and repression - but you have to keep in mind that isn't you!

If you do transition, think about it, if you become a girl, what will you do with that life?

You'll still have nothing, if there's nothing inside.
Figure out that person, that person you want to be, and ignore the gendered traits. Ignore transition for a moment.

There's a person in there!

I respect your choice to transition, and I don't wish to force people to have a cure.

I think that transition should still be available in all cases where a cure is available, and better transition methods should be developed, ideally so that it's no big deal at all, and can be reversed safely. Then it's little more than a cosmetic change.

>>8872410
This is the real issue here.
This is why I post to stop fapping, start living.

It's the perfect kickstart to bettering your life.

What people don't like to think about is the fact that there's a person within them, ignoring the gender issues, that they want to become.

Even transition won't help them with that.

If someone can become that person, without transition, they will often not even feel the need to transition.

And I agree, seek help, please. I don't want any harm to come to you or anyone else that suffers.
>>
>>8872410
I can't feel passion for anything else, I like reading fantasy book and playing story oriented video games, where I can get a break from reality for a while.
But I'm just a boring person. Maybe if I had some girl friends it would help.
No I'm not seeking help for whatever mental issues I might have. Can't afford it, and have only had bad experience with therapist so far.
>>
>>8872442
>I understand that you've identified with your mental illness, and being trans and repression - but you have to keep in mind that isn't you!
Yes it is you actual fuckwit.

Stop being a fucking asshole who stops people from actually being well off and helps them commit suicide, and start just keeping to yourself. Your 'Altruistic cause' isn't something that anyone here likes, because it's just spreading incorrect facts.

As for 'a cure', if you think a cure is just 'make them think they're male' then that's basically lobotomizing and brainwashing them, and they'd just be more likely to commit suicide.
>>
I must mostly found courage to come out, that sound like hell.
>>
>>8872448
That's perfectly fine to feel passion for the feminine and fantasy.

However, you can express that still as a man, believe it or not!

Also, you believe you're a boring person because you're down on yourself.

There's more to you that you're not realizing about yourself.

Transitioning to a girl, won't make you feel any less empty inside, you need to actually be a person.

>>8872450
Someone may *be* trans, but what they *are* isn't trans.

It's like saying, if someone has autism, then they *are* autism and nothing but autism - that's basically the thought process.

I'm not an asshole, and I'm actually trying to better people's lives. The tradnarrative is attempting to harm vulnerable people, and as one myself I am here to fight against it.

You know, the tradnarrative almost got me too, before I looked at the facts. This is personal.

These facts aren't incorrect. I'm still watiing for someone to actually provide me a citation proving that transition has long-term proven benefits that isn't totally bullshit.

I've asked time and time again, and nobody has ever come up with anything that wasn't total bullshit.

Sorry to say, but nice try.

Also, "making them think they're male" isn't a cure, biologically trans women are male and will always be male, and that is fact.

Additionally, ignoring biology here as it's mostly irrelevant, even if you trap yourself, on the inside you will never be a woman. Just a tranny. You won't ever achieve your goal of being a girl, you'll always be a tranny.

Additionally, I'm against lobotomy and brainwashing. A cure would be something along the lines of something that simply blocks the dysphoric emotion, and nothing else.

It would be selective, and targeted.

Also, I don't encourage suicide.
>>
>>8872478
Biologically trans women are male physically, but their brains are female.

As for the shit you're saying that would block the dysphoric emotion, that is one hundred percent lobotomy and brainwashing. Because what trans women are is they're women. They're not men.
>>
>>8872492
Bullshit.
The traditional narrative has no proven evidence.
Correlation=causation brain studies are NOT EVIDENCE.

[citation needed that isn't fuckin' bullshit and directly shows what causes dysphoria and is >99.9% accurate]

Also, it's not lobtomy. It's a mental illness.
Your agenda is wrong.
>>
>>8872478
Well if my transition went well, I would probably start looking for friends and a bf. Probably begin looking into cosplay as well as a hobby.
I woulden't mind being just a tranny if it meant I was still looking very close to how a cis girl looks.
>>
>>8872500
Your agenda is wrong. Gender dysphoria is not a mental illness, literally all therapists you'll ask will say it's not, and making someone who's a girl think they're a boy is, well, basically brainwashing them.
>>
>>8872505
Nothing wrong with that.
You could find friends, a bf, and do cosplay (or even crossplay!) as a hobby while you're a guy.

That's fairly understandable, but passing contrary to popular belief is very rare.

You shouldn't transition just to pass.
>>
>>8872478
>Someone may *be* trans, but what they *are* isn't trans.
>It's like saying, if someone has autism, then they *are* autism and nothing but autism
FYI 4chan didn't make up the word autist.
>>
>>8872509
>literally all therapists
Appeal to authority. Not an argument
Also, not all. There are a small few that disagree, and still practice,

Also, I'm not trying to change anyone's internal identity. I'm simply saying transition doesn't work, and has no long-term proven benefits, and transition isn't a good option.

People are free to express their identity in so many ways, why would you choose to transition, when it doesn't even work.
>>
>>8872515
>small few

list all that you know and if it's constrained to blanchard and lawrence i'm gonna kek

seriously you can't cite anybody else but the kack and his tranny whore? LOL
>>
>>8872510
I know I could do it as a guy. I just don't want to do it as a guy, I want to be a tranny instead.
>>
>>8872448
That sounds like depression desu
It may be solely caused by dysphoria but I suspect its not
There are lots of shitty therapists and therapies, it usually takes some work to find what works best for you, but there is something or someone out there that can help. If you can afford hrt you can afford an ssri, being poor sucks (I'm homeless rn) but this is literally the only thing that should matter, you are still alive so presumably you still have some desire to live a long happy life. Food stamps, obamacare or a 2nd job or anything a possibility?
>>
>>8872450
I don't agree with a lot of what cureanon says but he is right, you are the observer of your thoughts, you are not identical to your thoughts. The voice in your head isn't 'you'
Mindfulness meditation can help reveal that illusion and allow you to concentrate on things other than that annoying voice in your head
>>
>>8872478
Transwomen are phenotypically female

Phenotype = biology
>>
>>8872541
I really don't want to deal with medical people right now. I'm trying to finish my education, after that I will probably look into it. I know some trannies on ssri, but it does not seem to work at all for them.
>>
>>8872553
No, the voice in your head is you. You're just thinking about the Ego, which is different from you. My thoughts are objectively MY thoughts.
>>
God my thread really got shit up and derailed hard by cure anon I wish he would just stop.
>>
>>8872505
How does your gender affect your ability to have friends? You should be doing that now, socializing is very important (I say this as an extreme introvert)

low self-esteem is very typical of depression , obviously dysphoria plays into this as well
>>
>>8872579
I'm sorry anonette :(
My best advice for you will be to try start selfmedding and see how you feel. then you can deicde better if you want to transition or not.
>>
>>8872515
Okay we need to be clear authority exists for a reason, you cannot simply dismiss expert opinions because you don't recognize expertise. I agree with you on this point that psychiatry is as much quackery as it is a legitimate science, but you need to be clear and specific about why you disagree with the prevailing thought and provide evidence. Would you want someone with 0 flight experience flying your plane? Or a surgeon who never went to med school?
>>
>>8872566
Lots of people have to try several medications before they find one that works, I wanna say ssris work on 60% of cases but don't quote me on that. If ssri don't work there's snri, maoi, hallucinogens, stimulants, electrotherapy, magnet therapy, tricyclic antidepressants, benzodiazepines, etc

If you have a well thought plan and are happy with it that's good, I don't know what's best for you, I just know I put stuff off indefinitely.
>>
>>8872576
So if that voice goes away you are dead? I guess everyone who has meditated or done DMT is actually a zombie then
>>
>>8872633
No, if that voice goes away you aren't dead. Your thoughts are you. It's just that you're not thinking when your thoughts go away - you're experiencing.
>>
For me scarriest part of transition would be coming out and losing my gf. I think that I would have to do it sooner than later tho.
>>
>>8872640
So why aren't we 'experiencing' the voice in our head?

Why does the voice get special treatment? Why isn't it an experience? What makes it unique?
>>
>>8872655
At least with me I'm just saying in my head what I'm thinking; saying stuff subvocally and the like.

I'm not the kind of person who thinks in pictures, I think in words.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.