[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Herpes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1476152281817.gif (2MB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476152281817.gif
2MB, 300x250px
So here is the deal. The last guy I slept with gave me herpes. He never told me. We wore condoms.

I just have a few questions. If I take medication will I still be able to pass it on? If not Should I let the other person know? When would be a good time in the dating cycle to let the other person know?

Any other info you can give me would be great. I feel bad I have this. I wanna hide.
>>
This is a wake up call

Stop being a slut. Life is telling you to stop being a slut, now being a slut will directly permanently ruin lives. Just fucking stop
>>
>>8866839
I have had sex with 2 guys in my life
>>
>>8866841
Anytime you have risky promiscuous sex with a person you barely know (whos sexual history you definitely don't know) you're risking becoming diseased
>>
>>8866851
Well would taking medication help me not pass it on and have a normal dating life again?
>>
>>8866836
Genital or oral herpes? Most people have oral herpes. It's very common and often isn't even sexually transmitted. If it's genital, then yes, you should always tell your partner, even if it's not breaking out.
>>
>>8866862
I have both. I had oral since 11yo.
>>
>>8866860
Medication doesn't prevent it from spreading as far as I know. I believe it's contagious as long as it's active. So if you can see the herpes on the skin, avoid sex.
>>
>>8866913
I have only had one outbreak and it was almost unnoticeable. I would never let anyone see it if i had an outbreak.
>>
>>8866836
Where did you meet said partner, my man?
>>
>>8867034
I had met him on campus. Got to know him for like 6 months before we did anything. Had fwb relationship for like 2 months then I moved. I had no idea until after I moved.
>>
File: 1.jpg (343KB, 1022x1355px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
343KB, 1022x1355px
>If I take medication will I still be able to pass it on?
Yes, but not easily. Pic related. Find out whether you have HSV1 or HSV2.

>If not Should I let the other person know?
I'd say yes.

>When would be a good time in the dating cycle to let the other person know?
Before you're literally taking off each other's clothes but after you've been talking for a while?

Herpes really doesn't have to be a death sentence for your sex life, it's not that bad as an actual disease (even for someone immunosuppressed like me), and it's not a comment on your morality. I've had a lot of casual sex but I got herpes, my only STI, from my nice committed boyfriend giving me oral sex when he had cold sores. When I first got it I felt like kms (as did a few other people I know with it) but now I truly don't give a fuck.

Just get on a daily antiviral and be honest.

https://www.westoverheights.com/herpes/the-updated-herpes-handbook/
>minibook with good herpes info
http://sickboypodcast.com/blog/2016/10/30/i-have-herpes-and-my-life-isnt-over
>podcast episode that covers a lot of living with herpes stuff
>>
>>8867536
Thanks for the info. I really needed it.
>>
>>8867572
You're welcome.

It's not that herpes can't be a big deal, because some people can make it into one. But other people will be interested enough in you to listen to what you have to say when you disclose. You're not permasoiled or whatever; it's just a big nuisance, and a common one.
>>
Once you have herpes you can pass it on at any time. You don't need to be having an outbreak to pass it on as you are continually shedding the virus.

Many people have herp[es and don't know it since it doesn't always manifest itself in outbreaks. The guy who gave it to you may have not known he had it. It isn't included in standard STD tests since it's a relatively wide-spread virus, has different permutations so testing for all of them would be impractical.

Condoms are good to help avoid herpes, but unless you cover your entire body with a condom, you can still catch it.

Go here to learn more:

https://www.westoverheights.com/herpes/the-updated-herpes-handbook/

Also the podcast Real Sex just had a good show on herpes that you should listen to.
>>
>>8867050
>I had met him on campus.
figures.
>>
>>8868399
Sorry... the podcast is "Sex Gets Real", episode #178
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.