[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do we need DHT inhibitors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: dutas.jpg (58KB, 498x411px) Image search: [Google]
dutas.jpg
58KB, 498x411px
Hi so i'm on Dutasteride for hair regrowth, as well as been on Cypro+Estrogen for about 13 months now. My question is do we really need a dht inhibitor like Dutas or Finasteride if our testosterone is in female range? my T has been in female range consistently since about 2 months on Cypro.

The main reason i am thinking about stopping Dutas is my orgasms are utter shit now. i had hoped for amazing female full body orgasms from starting hrt, but i think dutas is nuking my prostate so now my orgasms are very unsatisfactory. Like i have no problem getting a bonner and the build up feels really good for both anal and dick masturbation, its just at the end its disappointing and feels like it should feel how it does.
>>
>>8863711
>>>/lgbt/hrtgen
>>
>>8863711
I think it could be cypro. I was taking 150mg a day for a while and could barely get hard and orgasms were garbage. I'm low dose and now they're a little better
>>
>>8863711
I'm on 50mg of cypro+estrogen and my hair is regrowing, dutasteride seems like a waste
>>
>>8864105
I'm only on 25mg of cypro. 150mg is overkill
>>
>>8863711
I'd say they help. I take Lupton which nukes my testosterone levels pretty well, and had the typical sorta high but not really bad or noticeable 'mature hairline'. I didn't get any regrowth until I added finasteride to my regime, and now a year or so later in getting another wave of regrowth(which seems like it might just fix my hairline entirely) after switching from finasteride to dutasteride.
>>
>>8864210
How long were you on lupron before you added fina
>>
File: that foggy feel.png (316KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
that foggy feel.png
316KB, 960x800px
>>8863711
Absolutely, there is no question that you need it, nothing else remotely compares at providing the brain fog.
>>
>>8863711
>>8864210
Since I started HRT I completely stopped losing hair.

I was on fin and spiro to start with. Had female test levels. No loss.

Switched to cypro same levels. Still no loss.

I'd never really lost much to begin with though.

I had a bit of fine hair around the corners. About 6 months after cypro I tried some rogaine (regaine in Australia) and all that fine hair became really thick dark hair.

I'm still not losing hair, even without the rogaine. The rogaine just gave it a regrowth boost.
>>
>>8866241
I'm paranoid about minoxidil damaging the colagen in skin though. I've heard of people saying it aged their face horribly, given them dark circles etc. Maybe its just a scare campaign though idk. How is your skin after using rogain?

So you didn't loose the regrowth after you stopped?
>>
>>8867498
You can't 'get' dark circles because it's dependent on your lower orbital rim shape.
>>
>>8867508
Not just that, its also from thin under eye skin making capillaries more visible. Colagen thickens the skin, which is why people use retniods on their under eye area
>>
>>8867498
Don't use the shampoo version. I think that's where the idea comes from since it washes down along your face afterward.

I use the type where you apply it directly to the site and only in small doses. A dab on hte finger and a dab on ht spot that's all.

I've not noticed any changes that couldn't be put down to other environmental factors. My eyes have always had dark circles, before and after, so I can't comment on that one.

The point is, if you don't have male hormones and your balding has stopped then this is just there to reboot the dormant hair. After I finish my third bottle I intend to stop using it for good.
>>
>>8868226
I worry though if you apply it to hairline it might be absorbed into the face too
>>
>>8869213
Well if it does then I don't think it will make as big of a difference to your skin in two months as it will to your hairline. I had and extra cm come back in the first month and not much change since so I'd say it's worth a try at least for a little while.
>>
Will Dutas kill my prostate?
>>
>>8872547
It probably won't. It should reduce the size of the prostate but not kill it. According to the study at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5023004/ duta has an ejaculation disturbance rate of only 2.2%.
Duta and fina are primarily prescribed to men. If they were prostate-killers I don't think they'd be used much in men.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.