[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acne

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: katzkalenderrr.jpg (92KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
katzkalenderrr.jpg
92KB, 500x480px
Hey ftm transfag here,

I was wondering, does anybody have any experience with acne outbreaks caused by testosterone?
Right now I don't have acne, but almost everday like a new small pimple (otherwise my skin's pretty clear), and because I'm fucking idiot I like to pick on those until they bleed. So I'm kind of worried, that I will fuck up my skin even more when going on T, but I've heard very different opinions on this, so I'm not quite sure what to think.
Any advice/experience?
>>
>>8614681
>ftm transfag
You mean AAP?
>>
>>8614681
it's hit or miss, I personally didn't get acne from T. I've heard good things about charcoal face wash.
>>
whatever you do, keep your fucking hands off your face. I mean it.
>>
It probably varies, but mine sure got a lot fucking worse. Still worth it, though.

And seriously, >>8615892
>>
>>8614681
Welcome to life as an ugly oily male.
Enjoy it.
>>
>>8614797
I'mma add to my comment and say that race seems to factor in. I've seen much worse results from North Europeans than from darker skinned trans guys. Even south Italian or Latino might be enough to save you.
>>
>>8616613
yeah i finally found the downside to being white. a new cystic acne head sprouting on my face at least once a month

i'll still take it over looking like a chick any day
>>
>>8616515
this

good luck OP
>>
>>8614681
cut out dairy and it helps a fuckton
>>
>>8616912
One pimple per month isn't bad. I'd hardly even call that "having acne."
>>
File: good luck.gif (523KB, 300x377px) Image search: [Google]
good luck.gif
523KB, 300x377px
>>8614681
I'm not sure if testosterone directly causes pimples, but if it's because it makes your face too oily, just wash your face. Don't wash it too much or the oil that protects your skin from dirt will be washed away. You can always use baby powder too. Just smother your face with it so you'll look manly. It's what my classmates did back in high school.

If testosterone does create pimples directly, just wait until you finish your boy puberty.
>>
I'm mtf and fwiw I had a bad enough acne problem that I had so see a dermatologist. Nothing worked. It got a bit better as I got older, but my skin didn't finally clear up until I started HRT. It had to be the testosterone that caused it.
>>
>>8614681
how does it feel to reject your female privilege for this shit?
>>
>>8614681
Dudes who abuse steroids get tons of acne as well. That's just what happens when you are on testosterone.
Why do you think they give girls birth control to stop acne? Why do you think acne is like 100,000x worse in boys than girls? Did you just not pay any attention at all when growing up?
>>
>>8614681
That's just how being a male is, there's literally nothing you can do about it, you just have to live with the pimples, your skin will get fucked up and rough as you take testosterone unless you have some godly skin genes.
>>
>>8617025
it's cystic acne, which tends to be a bit more than a pimple

i get pimples as well, but those are nothing in comparison to hard lumps of pus on your face, usually at least 1 cm in diameter
>>
>>8614681
I never had acne even before transitioning but it seems a lot of FtM get those, probably due to increase in oiliness of the skin or something? IDK.
>>
>>8617631
>female privilege
>>
File: bopit.jpg (99KB, 612x320px) Image search: [Google]
bopit.jpg
99KB, 612x320px
>>8620401
>>
>>8620411
people with privelidge never know they have it, because they've never known anything different
>>
Testosterone is a big cause of acne, and in OP's case, the effect seems to be in fact quite mild. To lessen the problem, I recommend:
- washing the face daily with a mild, ph-neutral soap
- honey and/or coal facial masks
- hydrating the skin with a mild, odorless lotion that isn't too oily
- not picking or touching the pimples
- changing pillowcases often, in bad cases every day
- avoiding foods you notice might cause more pimples
- avoiding excess hat and scarf use and haircuts that hang on your face
- mild but consistent sunbathing, 10-15 minutes of direct sunlight every day.

I'm not on hormones but my own testosterone level has been up sky-high for over ten years, causing painful cystic acne. For some people, acne medications can do all the difference in the world. In my case, though, I've developed allergy towards most lotion-type meds and some others as well, probably because of the long exposure time, so my tips are all non-medicational.
>>
>>8614681
Oh honey why did you do this to yourself? As an early 30s AMAB my skin is quite rough, probably from acne over the years.

You should just be an andro tomboy and do frequent anal with your boyfriend.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.