[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When is it appropriate to misgender someone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

When is it appropriate to misgender someone?
>>
the only time it's appropriate is when they have asked you to missgender them on purpose so as to not out them.
>>
>>8610953
Not if they ask you for any reason?
>>
You should definitely gender people as they identify but when you dont like them that gives you a pass to misgender them until they take steps to remedy what they've done.

Remember: Gendering is a privilege, not a social norm or right. You wouldn't call Caitlyn Jenner a girl, right? She killed a dude.
>>
>>8610946
When is it appropriate to call a black person a fucking nigger?
>>
>>8611014
When you're black yourself?
>>
when they aren't a real trans person, obviously. also if they are a hon.
basically if you don't pass you don't deserve to be gendered "correctly"
>>
If you see a passing trans girl you should always misgender them in public so people dont get confused and can safely learn that SHE is really a HE. It's your duty.
>>
>>8610946
People like "Cara" who aren't legitimate are perfectly okay to misgender.
>>
When they are different from you ideologically, you have every right to misgender them and/or bully them.
>>
>>8611068
>see a passing trans girl
Um, if you can clock her, she isn't passing.
>>
>>8611081
Precisely. Even if she passes to cis people it's your duty to remind them that you can see past their deception and are there to tell them a male-to-trans is in their area. Cis people would be helpless since they're so bad at seeing past a trans man's lies.
>>
>>8611090
No, you don't get it, you wouldn't be able to identify a passing trans girl as trans in the first place...
>>
>>8611072
>"Cara"
We really need to get a male name for him.
>>
>>8611092
Sure you can.

>He tells you he's a transgendered
>He's your son
>You overhear him talking about spiro, estradiol, or Final Fantasy XIV
>You remember him from highschool and have seen his transition by stalking their FB
>He's a famous early transitioner at the University of Maine
>He works in retail and has no friends

Lots of ways to spot a transgendered who passes.
>>
>>8611106
>tfw none of these apply to you
stealth life yo
>>
TSA body scanners used to real good at outing traps.
>>
>>8611106
Okay you got me there.
>>
If they're not white it's alright.
>>
>>8611106
> thought about playing ffs xiv but didn't buy it
Phew, dodged a bullet
>>
>>8611014
When they're acting niggerly.
>>
File: 3094.png (2MB, 2550x1434px) Image search: [Google]
3094.png
2MB, 2550x1434px
>>8611093
People instinctively gave me a female name so it doesn't really make sense to go out of your way to do that.
>>
>>8611151
>FFS XIV
That's quite many
>>
>>8610946
If they don't pass
Always misgender those that don't pass
>>
>>8612030
>Instinctively
The name only really stuck because you kept posting Cara Delewhatever. I think a nice girly name like Rey or Nicole would suit you more.
>>
>>8610946
When they don't actually look at all like the gender they're attempting to pass as.
>>
File: IMG_4962.jpg (74KB, 594x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4962.jpg
74KB, 594x320px
on one hand i dont like cara cuz shes blanchardian
on the other hand i like cara cuz she avatarfags a char from a good anime
>>
>>8610946
If they're Paul Wolscht, Chris-Chan, a child molester, or a serial killer.
>>
>>8610946
If they misgender others.
>>
if you get mad at someone during an internet debate, its perfectly acceptable to misgender them
or if you don't like the person
>>
>>8610946
When their gender is made up or nonsensical. He, she, they? Fine. Anything else? Fuck off, you are fishing for attention.
>>
You should never 'misgender' someone. You should always gender based on looks.

Sorry hons ans cis hons.
>>
>>8612042
We need to give him a male name.
>>
>>8610946
I use my gf(male)'s deadname when I'm teasing her.
>>
>>8612690
all genders are valid, specially the ones stigmatised as 'made up' by cisheteronormative society. Let a thousand genders bloom and we shall smash the patriarchy
>>
File: photo_2017-07-21_01-35-01.jpg (80KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-07-21_01-35-01.jpg
80KB, 960x1280px
>>8613144
If you have to go out of your way to you shouldn't.
>>
>>8611014
>equating not calling snowflakes he or her to actual racism
yikes we got a dumbass over here
>>
>>8613190
Because...?
>>
Whenever someone misgender me on the internet I always misgender them. 100% of the time.
I dont care about misgendering fictional characters. They are just pretend.
I also misgender to score "virtue signal" points with transphobic friends. Like my bf thinks trans people are mentally ill, so I play along with that because I dont feel like starting some deep discussion about "what is gender" or whatever.
>>
When your friend is being a pussy so you call him a girl
>>
File: 43095.png (1MB, 848x1030px) Image search: [Google]
43095.png
1MB, 848x1030px
>>8613222
The average pseudo-het, everyone.
>>
>>8613248

Whats a pseudo het.
>>
>>8613169
>telling your partner your deadname
>having traces of your deadname anywhere
your gf(male) is doing it wrong senpai
>>
>>8612690
"they" is made up and nonsensical.
>>
>>8613248
Aren't you a pseudo-het?

No, you're just a transbian in denial.
>>
File: 1445823288389.jpg (24KB, 227x224px) Image search: [Google]
1445823288389.jpg
24KB, 227x224px
>>8611014
>Calling a tranny their literal/actual sex is the same as calling someone a racial slur

Lol.
>>
>>8613298
>implying you care about either

Love it when stormfags suddenly pretend to get racially conscious
>>
>talking in a group of people with a few friends outside bar
>LGBT shit comes up
>somewhere along the line trans pronouns come up and I say its dumb to refer to their new fake gender as something they aren't
>one "guy" in the group looks flustered
>the only transman in the group starts to call me miss and lady to strike a nerve
>unzip and pull out my meat and 2 veg
>"I don't think a miss would be packing this, lets see what you're packing 'sir'"
>starts to curse me out loudly
>laugh my ass off as I put my things back in the package
>>
>>8613370
>flashing your junk in front of a transman outside without getting raked over the coals for indecent exposure

Things that never happened for 1100 Alex
>>
>>8613328
>implying I'm a stormfag

Hue. Try again, Hon.
>>
File: 1495224646836.jpg (226KB, 910x900px) Image search: [Google]
1495224646836.jpg
226KB, 910x900px
>>8613397
>h-hon!

try again, jerrycuck
>>
>>8610946
When said person is a cishet "genderqueer" and thus only pretending.
>>
File: Georgie Dubya Cheney.jpg (10KB, 198x200px) Image search: [Google]
Georgie Dubya Cheney.jpg
10KB, 198x200px
>>8610946
That is a very bad question to ask.

You are repugnant if you can only dare to misgender one person at a time. The only time misgendering is right, is if "they" act like not each having one's own whole brain, or something as bad, then you should refer to such a disjoined siamese twin as an it.
>>
>>8610946
never
>>
>>8611014
if you obviously look more male than female i'm going to use male pronouns when approaching you.
>>
When they put in exactly 0 effort to do anything.

Note: this not apply to those who are unfortunately unpassing despite their best efforts.
>>
>>8610946
When they use made up pronouns, or don't look anything like what they want you to say. I never pushed female pronouns when I was still obviously male
>>
>>8617247
>don't look anything like what they want you to say
How much effort does a hon have to put in for you to not misgender her?
>>
>>8610946
When they look like ugly freaks that shouldn't be partaking in whatever activity they're doing.
>>
I love how much of this thread is "When I don't like them."
>>
>>8617286
It's more like, people detect gender subconsciously and no matter what they say they'll think of you however their subconscious says. It's polite to not misgender someone presenting female, but if they're fully male like Stefonknee, fuck em. (Not literally ofc.)
>>
>>8617307
So is it if they're a hon or is it like >>8617293 ?
>>
>>8613398
>Not wanting to call an obvious dude in drag a woman makes me /pol/fag

Drink bleach. You're still retarded in thinking that calling a poorly dressed up Hon a dude is the same as calling someone a nigger, spic, chink, kike, etc.
>>
>>8617328
I mean if you make no effort to transition and look like an ordinary man, it takes way, way too much suspension of disbelief to use female pronouns. I didn't say hons, ofc you should use female pronouns for hons, unless you're an asshole
>>
>>8610946
>>8611014
Always. It's always appropriate. It's called free speech. if you want to misgender a straight cis person, do it. If you want to misgender a trans person, do it, the worst that can happen is some screeching.
>>
>>8617345
>no effort to transition
Dress, or makeup, or hair styling, or shaving her 5 o'clock shadow or...?
>>
>>8617377
I mean sure, you *can* do it, but it's rude as hell. Be a decent person pls
>>
>>8610946
when they don't fit your expert opinion of being TruTrans™
>>
>>8612042
>Nicole
heh
>>
>>8617377
This. You should always misgender people; it's your duty.
It's fun to go out of your way and specifically misgender every single person you speak to.
>>
>>8617398
Well, if it's about being nice, then use their pronoums when you want to be nice to them and misgender when you don't want to be nice. If they're being assholes call them out on their dicks/vags.
>>8617423
It's FREE speech, you're free to choose to use it or not. It's always appropriate to misgender someone if you want, but that doesn't mean you NEED to do it, just that you can and there's nothing anyone can do to stop you. Well, they can group up and try to beat you up, but that's just awful and illegal.
>>
if a trans person is accidentally misgendered in public what should the punishment be? Fine or imprisonment?
>>
When they're being a dumb cunt.
>>
>>8617448
Use it or lose it.
>>
>>8617478
Public hanging. The trans person who got their feelings hurt personally gets to pull the lever.
>>
>>8610946
always
>>
One time I went out to dinner with my aunt and godfather at my aunt's favorite hangout. When we got there we met her friend, an older transwoman and their mother.
Of course we got tables next to each other. The trans lady took a liking to me and kept trying to get me to talk but I was being quiet for my own safety. She's being dense and keeps trying to get me to talk. She says something to my godfather, who is an amazing person btw, and he responds with his outside voice "YES SIR!"
I smiled into my steak salad. The lady left me alone after that.
>>
when cis people misgender trans people they should be misgendered in return
>>
It's never really appropriate, but if it happens by accident that's relatively benign.
>>
>>8613261
Cara is asexual.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.