[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your personality type? (mbti) Are you cis/trans gay/straight/biscum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 27

File: expand-jung01.jpg (41KB, 486x552px) Image search: [Google]
expand-jung01.jpg
41KB, 486x552px
What's your personality type? (mbti)
Are you cis/trans gay/straight/biscum
Do you think mbti is bullshit?
>>
INTP
Trans mtf, biscum
I consider it to be slightly more accurate than horoscopes. Horoscopes are bullshit, and any accuracy is purely coincidental. MBTI at least takes some factors of who you are as an individual into account, but I don't think it's quite accurate enough to fully explain any individual.
Some people take the test multiple times and get different results depending on how they're feeling that day.
>>
>>8582006
Trans straight woman
INFP
It's mostly bullshit but there's some truths. I do fall into a decent chunk of INFP stereotypes, for example, and my boyfriend into a bunch of INTJ.
>>
ENFP
mtf biscum
I think socionics and the five factor scales are better at diagnosing, but its a very accurate system when you are properly classified.
>>
>>8582006
mtf, straight. INFP.
It's pretty accurate on me, I have no complaints about it.
>>
Studies released this year have proven MBTI is worthless btw.

Desperation to fit into a box seems to be common on /lgbt/.
>>
>>8582089
typical intj
>>
File: 31234.gif (2MB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
31234.gif
2MB, 500x600px
>>8582006
INFJ
mtf
transbian
i have some skepticism over the validity of the test seeing as your resulting "type" is highly subject to change depending on recent psychological/emotional stressors

i took the test several times over a year and would always fluctuate between INFJ and ENFJ.

INFJ seems to be more common for me though and resonates a bit more, so I'm going with that.
>>
>>8582089
Come on, tell us your nerd horoscope sign, honey.
>>
INTJ, MtF, yeah, it's bullshit.
>>
File: tumblr_opi8c0fXNw1vhp4y0o1_1280.jpg (48KB, 589x514px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opi8c0fXNw1vhp4y0o1_1280.jpg
48KB, 589x514px
>>8582006
INFP
Bi MtF

It's very accurate for me and has helped me understand myself. I like reading about the cognitive functions. I think it's pretty useful at a general level, but once you break it down more and more it gets less useful because at the end of the day it's pseudoscience.
>>
>>8582006
INFJ
mtf ace
I think most of the time, seems most people don't answer truthfully anyways. I got put in a group with "INFJ"s for a college psych class and they were nothing like me, I think they just chose INFJ because it's supposedly the rarest and made them feel nice to be special
>>
>>8582089
Source?

>>8582120
>i have some skepticism over the validity of the test seeing as your resulting "type" is highly subject to change depending on recent psychological/emotional stressors
That's supposed to happen.
>>
File: ghafhsdfasd.png (413KB, 1046x585px) Image search: [Google]
ghafhsdfasd.png
413KB, 1046x585px
>>8582140
>tfw INFJ is considered shit tier and is the rarest personality type
>>
ISTP
gay, cis male.

Not really. The mbti test just analyzes a series of generalized characteristics and then basically rambles on about the findings. It's overly simplistic if anything.
>>
>>8582006
>7 billion people can be neatly pigeon-holed into 16 categories

seems legit
>>
It doesn't have to be true or not, it makes sense as a metaphor for labeling ones self in order to have a better baseline understand of ones self. But it is also more for employment purposes then it is a phycological tool. (INTF here)
>>
>>8582241
>INTF here

for the sake of argument, how would you say that you differ from an INFP or and INTJ?
>>
>>8582226
Though people are complicated, our temperaments are not, case in point big 5 aspects model.

MBTI tests are a joke, however the underlying Jungian Function Stacks that Meijers and Briggs based it on is quite excellent at explaining motivations and behavior, but only if you actually understand the model and and are interested in honestly understanding your own psyche better.
>>
>>8582226
>implying that's the problem with it

Seven billion people can be neatly sorted into trans or not-trans.

The difference is the MBTI categories are just clusters.
>>
Extrovert/Introvert - Do you get energized by being around people or by yourself
Intuition/Sensing - Are you more intellectually curious or more interested in sensational experiences.
Feeling/Thinking - Do you make decisions with your feelz or with reelz.
Perceiving/Judging - Does making decisions stress you out because you are limiting options or give you relief because because you are limiting your options.

Tests are bullshit, it's a simple system.
>>
File: 1453596232227.png (219KB, 660x2662px) Image search: [Google]
1453596232227.png
219KB, 660x2662px
>>8582317
I agree that online tests aren't 100% reliable and that you should do your own research if you want to know you're true type. However, cognitive functions are what you should be researching, not the individual letters.
>>
If you spend all your time on 4chan, discord, and vidya voice chat, you are not an introvert you have severe social anxiety. Know the difference...
>>
>>8582325
This
I really learned a ton about myself and other people by learning about the function stacks. It can be creepy how well you can predict peoples actions when you understand that stuff.
>>
>>8582304
>non-binary apologist detected
>>
>>8582241
>(INTF here)

There is no INTF.
Are we making up our own categories now?
Trannies Going Their Own Way
>>
>>8582329
Introversion and Extroversion in MBTI are a little different. They're not about social ability and are more about like, where your focus is. It's often correlated to social preference though.
>>
funny how trannies fall into the same patterns as men, commonly being some of the rarest types for women!
>>
>>8582343
Trannies aren't normies unless they are HSTS (Sensors), usually they are intuitive which is only 30% of the population, so yea it kind of makes sense that this is the case.
>>
>>8582335
>Trannies Going Their Own Way
This is basically transbians isn't it?
>>
File: girlytypes[1].jpg (22KB, 342x393px) Image search: [Google]
girlytypes[1].jpg
22KB, 342x393px
>>8582343
Well let's see, so far we have:

1 INTP
3 INFPs
1 ENFP
2 INFJs
1 INTJ

INFP, ENFP, and INFJ are all types found more commonly in women. So actually, the opposite of what you said is true.
>>
>>8582140
wooo entp! altho I'm probably more of a infp now if estrogen can do that??

bi trans girl
>>
>>8582363
You are probably just more comfortable being yourself.
The function stack model claims you will use different pathways when you are stressed, secure, or insecure, etc.

The right way to diagnose yourself is to do it when you feel secure and confident in yourself. Because it's in that state you can honestly look at what path in life would make you happiest and what you should avoid.
>>
>>8582363
>I'm probably more of a infp now if estrogen can do that??
It's generally believed that your "true" type isn't supposed to change.

What can happen though is that you can learn more about yourself and become more aware of your "true self" as you grow older, if that makes sense.

MBTI is about preferences, and sometimes people work outside of their preferences due to things like their environment, trauma, they want to become more rounded, etc. Because of this, somebody can sort of masquerade as another type when they actually are another.

So yeah, that's why it's normal for your type to change if you just take online tests.
>>
>>8582391
Case in point, when I am stressed, I am more of a T than an F, I make decisions very logically, but when I'm feeling comfy I find myself ruminating over those pragmatic choices I made if they conflict with my feelings/morals. I'm more of a F and I can be very indecisive, because even if something makes sense I struggle doing it if it feels wrong.
>>
>>8582391
>>8582393
Maybe I'm still an entp and the transition process has kinda forced me to be a shut in for a bit... I'd like to take a good test again. I was always close on the E/I split.
>>
>>8582414
MBTI the test is useless, just learn the function stacks and figure yourself out, you'll get the most benefit from this.
>>
>>8582420
>>
>>8582414
Ne can be tough to figure out, ENTP/INTP and ENFP/INFP tend to be ambiverts.
>>
File: freud-1.jpg (1MB, 2957x2153px) Image search: [Google]
freud-1.jpg
1MB, 2957x2153px
>>8582006
>Do you think mbti is bullshit?
Yes.
Self-diagnosis is prone to error because people can't see themselves clearly.
Also, the terms are vague.
What is "Judging" versus "Feeling" or "Thinking" or "Sensing"?
They are all just basically synonyms.
Extraversion and Introversion are similarly flawed labels.
For example, I am open and gregarious and talkative with people I feel comfortable around.
But I can be closed and not very receptive toward people that I don't like.
Does this mean I am an extravert or an introvert?
The whole thing is stupid and, I would argue, pointless.
Putting people into little boxes so that you can treat them arbitrarily is dehumanizing.
>>
>>8582450
RTFM idiot
>>
>>8582450
>For example, I am open and gregarious and talkative with people I feel comfortable around.
>But I can be closed and not very receptive toward people that I don't like.
>Does this mean I am an extravert or an introvert?
Which one do you do to mentally recharge? Be alone or seek company?
>>
>>8582450
This >>8582459

>Putting people into little boxes so that you can treat them arbitrarily is dehumanizing.
Though from this I can already tell you're probably a perceiver lol.
>>
>>8582420
>>8582423
>>8582433
The introverted feeling is wrong, but the rest on both are pretty me. Im somewhere inbetween the four of those types depending on how depressed I am is my best guess.
>>
>>8582006
Gay male - INFP
I think it's good the description sounds like me.
Seriously when I read about them it's all me. Especially the relationships part.

MEDIATOR PERSONALITY (INFP, -A/-T)
>>
>>8582532
The car analogy is a pretty good way of thinking about it.

Your dominant function requires basically no energy and it is your default mode of being, your attention naturally gravitates towards things that captivate it. When you encounter an obstacle where the dominant function isn't sufficient, you fall back to your auxiliary function, this is why it is typically known as the decision making function. If neither are sufficient you continue falling back to your inferior functions.

As you descend you trust these functions less and less, as you don't like using them and haven't developed them. Developing these will make you a more well-rounded person.

If you really want to be happy you should find a way to live your life where your inferior functions are not needed.

I lead with Ne, and make decisions with Fi.
By coming up with code of morals and ethics using my Te and Si (which is a chore) I can navigate the world freely without needing to fall back to these energy draining inferior functions unless I find an exception to my system which is rare since I go back and adapt it when it doesn't work.
>>
>>8582574
forgot pic
>>
>>8582006
INTP
pre-trans mtf, biscum (I think, maybe)
I think mbti should be used as a guideline rather than straight facts. It can be a tool to help understand yourself or other people around you and it can help you develop yourself into a direction you want to go.
>>
>>8582142
A lot of people are incapable of giving answers that they don't like or simply answer how they feel like they are instead of how they actually are.

>>8582329
I've actually questioned that I might be ENTP falsely testing as INTP because of social anxiety. Especially considering that I used to be much more like a traditional extrovert when I was younger.
>>
>>8582006
in(t/f)p
cis biscum (closer to gay)
there's definitely some truth to it but human personality can't be neatly organized like that most of the time
>>
>>8582006
Cisgay INTJ.
Lots of people say it's bullshit, but every description of INTJ has matched me perfectly so far. Numbers would say it's just coincidence that it matches so well if they're telling the truth, but there's also the possibility that it's accurate and that most people don't like having to face their real selves explained on paper.
>>
>>8582006
INTP masterrace
"straight"/chaser
femboys too

5 trait is another helpful thingy
very high trait openness
very low trait extroversion
low trait conscientiousness
mid range agreeableness/neuroticism

I think its showing a pattern we dont have knowledge, technology or vocabulary to describe at a deeper level of analysis yet

theres something going on but what don't really understand exactly what it is yet
>>
>>8583037
mtf intj, it matches me perfectly too or near perfectly.

still think it's bullshit.
>>
>>8582006
INFP
100% Cis Male w/ mental illness (Dysphoria)
Proud repressor

MBTI is a useful tool to try and understand yourself, but when you go too deep it just becomes memes.

It's a tool to help understand yourself, nothing more. You need to look into the functions and deeper than just the meme tests to get any benefit.
>>
ISFP-t
Cis lesbian
Bullshit
>>
>>8582056
>>8582081
>>8583065
>>8583073
What the hell?

There's like one cismale INFP.
>>
INFP cis lesbian
I don't think it's entirely bullshit, however, some people give it a little too much weight.
>>
>>8583083
>and I'm that one cismale INFP.
:^)
>>
>>8583093
Let it be known, throughout the kingdom, this particular Cureanon is a proud INFP cis male.

I'm not blanchardfag, no but I'm a proud repressor fighting for a cure for AGP/Trans/Dysphoria.

I will never trap myself!
>>
>>8583096
*puts on truth goggles*

>this particular Curehon is a proud INFP trans female.
>>
>>8583103
shes anything but proud
>>
>>8583103
>this particular Curehon is a proud INFP trans female.
[citation needed that dyshoria comes from an innate feminine essence without correlation=causation brain studies and low evidence studies]
Also not a hon. I'm the most masculine guy you'll ever meet
>infp masculine
Yes, it's possible!
>>
>>8583108
Yeah I missed that.

>>8583110
[citation needed] that I said that Curehon.

Don't move the goalposts.
>>
>>8583108
>she

Why do you insist on misgendering people?

>>8583119
You claimed I'm a "trans female" when I'm not trans. I have dysphoria, this does not make me trans. It makes me a man with a mental illness.
>>
>>8583124
>I'm not trans. I have dysphoria
>>
>>8583126
Stop with your meme faces, please.
Please explain how having the illness "Gender Dysphoria" according to the standards of the DSM-V (2 out of 6 criteria, undiagnosed) makes one trans?

One having dysphoria does not make one trans. It's a mental illness that is seperate from trapping yourself.
>>
>>8583131
Oh come on you're doing it purposely now.

>according to the standards of the DSM-V
>>
>>8583144
The DSM-V does not mention the term "transgender". Only Gender Dysphoria.

Transgenderism is a lifestyle choice to treat a mental illness through rejected cancer medicine. Dysphoria is not a choice, it is an illness that awaits a cure.

I'm not doing anything on purpose, bitterhon.
>>
>>8583152
>The DSM-V does not mention the term "transgender".
As if you'd believe it if it did.
>>
File: 3.jpg (27KB, 462x279px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
27KB, 462x279px
ENFP
mtf trans bi
>>
>>8583154
[citation needed] I may be incorrect on this one, provide proof?

If it does, I guess I'm "trans". But I'm absolutely still cis in terms of my gender.
>>
>>8583160
>But I'm absolutely still cis in terms of my gender.
>>
>>8582089
There are people on this board right now who believe in Jungian psychology and legitimately think psychoanalysis is a legitimate field of study.
>>
>>8583065
>>8583083
>mfw I have the same personality type as cureanon
I knew we were meant for each other!
>>
File: 1 (1).jpg (724KB, 1047x1488px) Image search: [Google]
1 (1).jpg
724KB, 1047x1488px
INTP
male agp :)
>>
which mental illness do /proud repressor cure shills/ have?
>>
INTP Master race
Trans mtf bi/pan scum
Mostly barnum effect bullshit
>>
>>8582006

All psychiatry/psychology is bullshit.
>>
>>8582006
It varies between INTP/ENTP/INFP/ENFP as im bipolar also bi guy mostly into guys. But yeah its bullshit but people love to read about themselves and these descriptions are written in such a way that youll say "omg it fits perfectly ". Its basically your answers put into sentences + descriptions that could fit almost anyone
>>
ISFJ-A
Cis male AGP ace, mostly normal person, leaned on tranny for a while but idk about that
>>
>>8582006
I cannot decide between ENTP and ENTJ

Taking titty skittles since 18 but unless I'm caught shirtless nobody can prove I'm anything but just a guy

I intend to procreate thus my sexuality is irrelevant. If I can't get it up I'll just pop like 4 progesterone
>>
>>8585399
>SF
>Cis male AGP
>>
>>8582006
intp
cis bi male
kinda. decent for general personality descriptions, but attempting to draw any sort of detailed info on someone's potential or personality from 4 letters is neigh impossible
>>
INTJ,

Bi FtM.

It's not COMPLETE bullshit, and I like it much better than the "Big Five," which always struck me as a watered-down MBTI even though it's supposedly more based in science.

>>8582317
>Feeling/Thinking - Do you make decisions with your feelz or with reelz.
Realistically, everyone ultimately makes decisions emotionally first and rationalize it afterward.

It might be easier to explain this scale by asking if someone is more easily swayed by rhetoric or rigorous dialectic.

>Perceiving/Judging - Does making decisions stress you out because you are limiting options or give you relief because because you are limiting your options.
I think there's slightly more to this than being stressed or not by decisions.

I can't stand being around a lot of INTPs specifically because they're too invested in ideas for their own sake rather than their real-world applicability, for example. I like noodling with ideas up to a POINT, but not endlessly. If the model doesn't fit the real world, it's shit. I don't care if the model itself is really pretty, really well-made and is internally consistent...if it's useless, it's useless. An INTP tends to be seduced by a pretty, interesting model regardless of its usefulness.

A lot of "MBTI tests" out there don't come anywhere near to making this sort of subtle distinction between types. They basically just ask if you're a messy and disorganized person or not. Well, I have ADHD, so I could be easily typed as a P. But I'm not an INTP - they drive me nuts.

>>8582140
>ESFP
>"High Tier"
LOL, high tier...what?

That's literally the bimbo party-girl type, anon. My ESFP relatives (all female) won't string two thoughts together - not because they're literally stupid, more because thinking isn't "fun," tee-hee!
>>
>>8582006
ENFP
cis female, biscum

I like to be diplomatic... that's the only relation I can make.
>>
INTP, repressed tranny.
MBTI is stupid btw, I usually go from one end to the other when it comes to many things.ñ
>>
>>8583654
Hey there anon!
We're all meant for each other here.
The cure for AGP/Trans/Dysphoria is imminent.
>>
>>8585424
I'm not too well versed on mbti, is my SF combination uncommon? I know ISFJ is the most common for females but still
>>
>>8582006
INFP
MtF, Bi
The mbti introduced the concepts of introversion and extraversion, which are valid, but other than that, it's unscientific.
>>
INTJ
MtF, Bi
MBTI is complete bullshit
>>
>>8582006
cis lesbian
infp
i think its in the same boat as astrology
>>
>>8586299
>>8586394
you can both be my waifus
>>
>>8582006
INFP
Cis Gay
I don't really have an opinion, but ,y personality fits me really well.
>>8583083
Get BTFO'd now, there's only room for one
>>
File: infps.jpg (161KB, 522x805px) Image search: [Google]
infps.jpg
161KB, 522x805px
why the fuck are there so many INFPs on /lgbt/
>>
>>8587269
Self hatred, delusional worthless to society degenerates that live in their heads.

t. INFP
>>
INFP, straight MtF.
>>
Straight mtf infj and its overall actually very accurate. I honestly do believe that it has some validity, but no one is 100% any type. Peoples personality types are typically very fluid and can be various different ones at once. Quantifying every single individuals personality though is obviously impossible.
>>
>>8582006
ENTP
ftm
>>
File: 69.png (2MB, 1072x1034px) Image search: [Google]
69.png
2MB, 1072x1034px
>>8582006
ISFP.
MtF

MBTI is the real deal, its probably our best categorization of personality types. Jung was no joke.
>>
OCEAN is a legitimate personality test.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Five_personality_traits
>>
>>8582006
INFJ/INTJ.
Bi
I don't think they're bullshit and I'll defend them to the grave because they helped me find myself. But it's also important to understand that they're just a tool that can be used to better understand yourself, not a doctrine that you impose upon yourself.
>>
>>8582329
You can have social anxiety and be an introvert. They're not mutually exclusive or some shit.
>>
>>8585908
Your biased presumptions about ESFPs are unfair and grossly abnormal. They certainly do not as any sort of rule think that thinking isn't fun, they can certainly be taught to the contrary! All the ESFPs obsessed with partying that can't string two thoughts together that I know are male. And they've all been taught that thinking is in fact a joy, as well as a privelige for all those screwy, insolent, emotionally-outrageous nerds and quasi-nerds.
>>
>>8588229
>ISFP
Explains why you're a Blanchard denier.
>>
>>8582006
INFP
mtf, bi
I guess... わかりません
>>
INTJ
Cis lesbian
Of course it's bullshit.
>>
>>8590757
And yet those two would go together well.
>>
>>8587269
>>8587345
Meh, ENFPs are worse, they live in their fantasy worlds all the same, except they're always pushing everyone around them to back their self absorption and play roles in these fantasies.
>>
INTJ cis gay male
>>
>>8590981
I thought ENFPs and INTJs loved each other?
>>
INFP, cis lesbian. I think there's some truth to MBTI but not a ton.
>>
mtf who mostly likes men but lives as a dude
entp
yeah sorta
>>
File: 1499839485952.gif (49KB, 200x210px) Image search: [Google]
1499839485952.gif
49KB, 200x210px
straight trans ftm ENTJ

>dom irl sub in bed
>>
>>8591007
Who says I'm an INTJ?
>>
INFP
mtf, bi
Mbti is fair generalization but it shouldnt be taken 100% seriously but it is still someways useful to introspection thinking feels
>>
>>8583037
Well, it sure seems to work well for you people, so how could you not believe in it?

Just as Addlerian voodoo works for ESTPs and ESTJs and probably ISTJs. Or for type A's.

And how Lacanian snakeoil works for ISFPs.

And how Kohut's crap works so sweetly for Narcissists.
>>
File: 4L_yyOPbpiG.jpg (167KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
4L_yyOPbpiG.jpg
167KB, 1200x1600px
ENTP

Bi switch white male with AGP/repressed trans issues

Kinda. There is some truth to it, but it's not objective by any means. It only measures how one perceives oneself, unless there's a way to correct for that.

Bonus: Tested IQ of 142
>>
File: 345098345.jpg (130KB, 650x700px) Image search: [Google]
345098345.jpg
130KB, 650x700px
Bisexual MtF. I tend to not feel attracted to people until I get to know them really well, be it male or female. I don't know what's up with that.

INTP-T, according to an online test. I hadn't taken one of these since before I got on HRT, and my results were different back then. I'm a lot more introverted and thoughtful nowadays, I suppose.

I think there's some validity in MBTI, since there are only so many different ways a person's personality can swing, and they seem to be wrapped up pretty nicely in sixteen categories that will more or less be able to place most people.
>>
>>8582006
Switch between intp and intj.
White male straight.
Funny enough I remember taking the way at my old high school. It was a magnet type school.
The blacks(about half of the class) all pretty much got the same personality type. Forgot which one, but I remember it being the lowest average iq one.
>>
Trans, bi.

Also I'm looking to find a trusted platonic f r iend.
>>
>>8587346
INFP, gay male. Why is this so rare among non trannies? I don't think I've met a lot of people IRL who have this type.

INFP's of the thread could you describe your hobbies or what kind of music or art you like?
>>
>>8591794
do you mean just a trusted platonic friend, or a friend that you officially insist is platonic while actually developing increasingly conspicuous sexual tension?
>>
>>8591752
Are you me? wow

(Except I'm only 19 and started HRT only recently, so not feminine, and I haven't gone in for an IQ test, but other than that exactly the same)
>>
>>8591861

Maybe. Probably not. Add me on Telegram b.

@yellowbelly
>>
I say platonic because all my so called friends betrayed me and I can't trust anyone. So its some th high I want to build with a person over a very long period of t8me.
>>
File: baby_cuttlefish.jpg (388KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
baby_cuttlefish.jpg
388KB, 1440x900px
>>8591879
>I want to build with a person over a very long period
That is the only way to get real trust. I hope you find someone to build it with. And I'm sorry to hear you were betrayed by supposed friends. I know how that feels.
>>
Yeah I have nothing to fall back on, family , support, a rock. None. So that's where I am.
>>
And I can't use anything that requires email.
>>
>Bi mtf
>ISFJ -T (Defender)
Yeah it's extremely accurate
>>
>>8591738
Or how Behaviorism works blissfully for Obsessive Compulsives and Schizoids.
>>
>>8582006
ENTP
MtF biscum

MBTI is bullshit

Cognitive functions is bad, but fun science that has some empirical evidence
>>
>>8590729
>presumptions
I described an experience. I'm not "presuming" anything, this is how the ESFPs I know are.

>And they've all been taught that thinking is in fact a joy, as well as a privelige for all those screwy, insolent, emotionally-outrageous nerds and quasi-nerds.
That didn't make any sense.

You're pretty butthurt over some light humour, anon. But if you're an ESFP, you're ironically not proving me wrong.
>>
>>8595251
I was a little mistaken about the ESFP gender ratios, I thought they were rather irregular for an F type due to being a special normie type.

Aside from that, you're getting so fussy about some awfully benign ESFPs.

You're not making sense by saying something or another is not making sense. Of course that notion does not make sense, but that's no reason why they can't believe it and use it. You just admitted they don't think, what are you trying to pull, a screwy defence of your presumption by pushing an expectation for male ESFPs to make sense?
>>
INFJ
mtf
>>
>>8582006
ISTJ/ISTP
AGP
kill me
>>
>>8600844
>kill me
no anon, why!
>>
File: PDM-9780976775829.jpg (13KB, 280x400px) Image search: [Google]
PDM-9780976775829.jpg
13KB, 280x400px
>>8582062
>>8588233
You know what's really fucking annoying? People who fuss over introverts and extraverts, as if that's some mindblowing insight about different types of people. What the fuck is that, is it supposed to be the limit to how much the everyday world can be expected to accept that people can be different, and not be outrageous freaks?

Otto Kernberg, author of "aggresion in personality disorders and perversions", and some related authorities have accepted introversion/extraversion along with a distinction between neurotic(least deranged), high borderline and low borderline, obviously something close to the fifth dimension, as their dimensional system.

But probably the most interesting dimension used by the Psychodynamic faction would be Introjective versus Anaclytic, which seems to cover similar ground to Thinking<->Feeling / Openness.
>>
>>8583665
This desu
>>
>>8586040
>MBTI is stupid btw, I usually go from one end to the other when it comes to many things.ñ

That's part of the premise of MBTI. Read about "shadow" functions in the Wikipedia page for INTP. And do feel free to be skeptical of MBTI especially since this arguably takes it into horoscope territory.
>>
File: 1270008158399.jpg (108KB, 646x1305px) Image search: [Google]
1270008158399.jpg
108KB, 646x1305px
>>8582325
I like MBTI and cognitive functions, but they sure picked some random, nonsensical descriptors in this infographic.
>Ne: springy, chromatic, cognizant
>Ni: wraith-like
>Se: promoting
>Si: impression-based (this sounds more Ne/Ni? Or are they using a "fingers making impressions in clay", referring to Si's stereotypical traditional/habitual habits?)
>Ti: belabored
>>
>>8585908
>specifically because they're too invested in ideas for their own sake rather than their real-world applicability, for example. I like noodling with ideas up to a POINT, but not endlessly. If the model doesn't fit the real world, it's shit. I don't care if the model itself is really pretty, really well-made and is internally consistent...if it's useless, it's useless. An INTP tends to be seduced by a pretty, interesting model regardless of its usefulness.
Ironically, this mentality is stereotypically Sensor. iNtuitives in generally tend to be seduced by theoreticals, abstracts, hypotheticals and possibilities. Congratulations, you're one of the many people who initially mistype as N probably because they're the "smart" functions and S are the "dumb" ones, especially considering your comment about ESFPs.

>>8587269
4chan is a forum for autists and social rejects, the weird kids who sat in the corner reading books or honing their Magic: The Gathering skills when normies were hitting on girls or fucking around with friends. Anytime a thread like this is made in any board, you'll find it overwhelmingly populated by INTP/INTJ/INFP/INFJ. Particularly Thinking types, since the 4chan population is biased towards men and male logic-over-feelings mentality.
>>
File: 12627484.jpg (265KB, 660x668px) Image search: [Google]
12627484.jpg
265KB, 660x668px
Common "it's bullshit" criticisms of MBTI include:

>I get different test results every time I take it!!
Different tests will score according to differing weights and criteria, and as such are not reliable in and of themselves. Most that aren't the official MBTI indicator will specify that they're only intended to function as tools to set you up with a starting point and are not meant to be taken as gospel. Also, a shit-ton of people fudge their own results by answering in terms of how they wish they were rather than how they truly are, or allowing current emotional states/stressors to affect their answers rather than looking at general behavioral/mentality trends. For example, depression often leads to withdrawal, which will affect I vs. E questions.

>the type descriptions are so vague they could fit anyone/Barnum effect!!
The profiles are a product of MBTI, which is a dumbing down of Jungian cognitive functions. The first sentences on the official MBTI website read:
>The purpose of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) personality inventory is to make the theory of psychological types described by C. G. Jung understandable and useful in people's lives.
So yes, unsurprisingly, with the dumbing down comes a loss of nuance and depth. The profiles are usually compilations of stereotypes about cognitive function stackings. For example, ESFP/ISFP is typically described as impulsive, which is describing not Sensors, but Se specifically. ESTJs/ISTJs are usually described as habitual and change-averse, which is a Si stereotype.

>IT'S HOROSCOPES
Horoscopes are based on the completely arbitrary criteria of when you happened to be born. MBTI isn't hard science, but at least categorizes people into character types based on personality traits and trait-affected behaviors.

>I'm introverted around strangers but extro around friends, I'm Thinker at work but Feeler with family/etc.
You're not understanding the terminology as it's used within the context of MBTI/JCF systems.
>>
>>8604693
Furthermore, the types are meant to describe personality patterns and preferences; any person is capable of using any one cognitive function regardless of type. Perceivers would fail utterly at daily life if they never planned; Thinkers would be utterly unpalatable to general society if they never used Fe. What matters is your natural, overall state of functioning.

>>8582336
>>8582574
>>8582393
Good posts.

All that aside - I'm an INFP gay female. I think it's equally foolish to dismiss MBTI/JCF out of hand (as described above, most people who do that don't know their shit) and take it as law. It's absolutely not a science and shouldn't be used to dictate major life choices, e.g. what kind of life partner you should choose. The system has its limits, and there are certainly people who won't fit neatly into any single type (I myself am an example of this, as I'm a solid extrovert who fits the INFP cognitive function stacking much better than ENFP one). However, it's an interesting theory to play with and can potentially be used to spur a lot of vital personal insight and character growth. It's more of a means to an end rather than the end itself.

If any anons find MBTI shit to be interesting, look into the Enneagram, another widely-used system. It takes much less of a rose-colored glasses approach to personalities than MBTI does and centers around motivating fears and desires rather than information processing styles and behaviors.
>>
File: INTJvsINTP.png (55KB, 809x346px) Image search: [Google]
INTJvsINTP.png
55KB, 809x346px
>>8595306
>more incoherent blather
>saying I'm not making sense doesn't make sense!
Hoo-whee.

>>8604592
>Ironically, this mentality is stereotypically Sensor.
No, it isn't. It's not a question of a real-world test; Sensors aren't interested in ideas for their own sake at ALL. I was raised by two Sensors (one an ISTJ with a very high IQ, he develops new tech for our country's military - he's probably got a good 20 points on me) and both of them are completely different animals to myself and my sister (both Ns) and insufferably uninterested in exploring ideas for their own sake. Pic related.
>>
File: INTJvsISTJ.png (36KB, 629x327px) Image search: [Google]
INTJvsISTJ.png
36KB, 629x327px
>>8604799
Also this comparison.
>>
>>8604693
How about "scientists checked whether this had any basis numerous times and figured out it doesn't"
>>
>>8604810
>MBTI isn't hard science
>it's absolutely not a science
>admits factors that skew results
>it's foolish [...] to take it as law
Hone your reading comprehension.
>>
I/ENTP-A ftm
I/E always seems to be around 50/50, which is accurate since I'm in the middle between introverted and extroverted. I think MBTI is mostly bullshit but still interesting.
>>
>>8604799
>Sensing (S)
>Paying attention to physical reality, what I see, hear, touch, taste, and smell. I'm concerned with what is actual, present, current, and real. I notice facts and I remember details that are important to me. *I like to see the practical use of things and learn best when I see how to use what I'm learning.* Experience speaks to me louder than words.

>Intuition (N)
>Paying the most attention to impressions or the meaning and patterns of the information I get. I would rather learn by thinking a problem through than by hands-on experience. I'm interested in new things and what might be possible, so that I think more about the future than the past. *I like to work with symbols or abstract theories, even if I don't know how I will use them.* I remember events more as an impression of what it was like than as actual facts or details of what happened.

S vs. N is about information processing. T vs. F is about decision-making.

To claim Sensors have zero interest in exploring ideas is as erroneous as to say iNtuitives have zero interest in concrete reality and sensory experiences. If this were the case, MBTI itself would inherently be of no interest to Sensors, and personality typing forums would be devoid of S types. People with S or N expressed to that degree are going to be outliers.
>>
>>8582393
>It's generally believed that your "true" type isn't supposed to change.
Nope, it sure as hell does, away from extraversion. Only the other 3 dimension are supposed to stay consistent.
>>
>ESTP master race
>Cis gay man
It's fairly accurate from what I've seen, but it's not 100%. Although that's to be expected when you're trying to group everyone's personality into 16(I think?) archetypes.
>>
>>8582006
Intj
Bi mtf
I/E is real, but a spectrum. Mbti treats it like a binary. Everything else is nonsense with no predictive power or consistency over your lifetime.
>>
>>8605196
>pointless irrelevancies that have nothing to do with anything I said at any point
I'm beginning to think you literally don't know what "model" means.

>To claim Sensors have zero interest in exploring ideas is as erroneous
No, they really largely don't. Unless it's a topic of great personal interest to them, they don't care at all and will only go along with the conversation for a while to be polite. I learned long ago not to really try with either of my parents. They'll nod along, interject their own comments at the right moments, etc. for about half an hour, and then suddenly they'll be talking about my dad's new bike or making jam or something. And that's the end of it. There's a lot of people in the world I can sit down with and talk to for literally hours on end about why Rome fell; but people like my parents are not those people.
>>
>>8582354
ISFP, which would include artfags, is the most even.

ISTP - well adapted robots, the most lopsided.
>>
>>8607221
>pointless irrelevancies
It's the official Myers-Briggs foundation's page's description of S vs. N, you pretentious cumdribble. The fact that you threw the word "model" in your description doesn't make what you're describing any less Sensing.

>specifically because they're too invested in ideas for their own sake rather than their real-world applicability, [...] If the model doesn't fit the real world, it's shit. I don't care if the model itself is really pretty, really well-made and is internally consistent...if it's useless, it's useless.
>[Sensors] like to see the practical use of things and learn best when [they] see how to use what [they're] learning.
>[iNtuitives] like to work with symbols or abstract theories, even if [they] don't know how [they] will use them.

Oh, but I see you're clearly FAR too iNtellectual to reconsider your own black-and-white perceptions of either other people or yourself. *tips fedora*
>>
File: IMG_0568.jpg (255KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0568.jpg
255KB, 720x540px
ESTJ
Cis-Male White
Straight
MBTI is not comprehensive enough to get accurate results. The result fits my behavior perfectly though.
>>
>>8582006
INTP
Cis male, gay
I think it's a general outline of people's personalities, but no two people with same personality type will be the same. I wouldn't say it's complete bullshit, but I wouldn't use it in any serious situations.
>>
>>8607221
>people in the world I can sit down with and talk to for literally hours on end about why Rome fell

This does not automatically exclude S types, all you ought to have to do is convince them that america is a modern day rome, and that way they may still not take the same direct interest in rome, preferring to stick to meta analysis that frames much of rome in terms of modern phenomena, as well as highly visual things about rome, ie. movies.
>>
>>8582006
ISTP, straight ftm
>>
istp-t cis lesbo
actually it fits a lot
>>
I get either INTP or ISTP. I think ISTP at it's peak is the ideal personality type though
>>
where all mah isfp niggas at
(mtf)
>>
INTP
Cis lesbian
I think it has some merit for roughly grouping/comparing people and as a stepping stone for people who want to learn more about and develop themselves. I think every letter of INTP suits me. I can easily imagine opposite of every letter and I don't match them.

I'd like to know the distribution of personality types among gays and lesbians, if the distribution is more like the opposite sex.
>>
ENFJ
nonbinary (in transition)
Bi_ish
Otaku
>>
>>8604799
Well yes, I try to describe some ways of thinking of ESFPs, and then you expect to assert shit by whining that it "doesn't make sense". No fucking shit, and you should know it, you implied the bearers of such thoughts as not being prone to making sense.

Whether such thoughs/ideas/positions make sense is almost irrelevant. What matters is whether such thoughts would be useful and the like. Expecting people to just flat out make sense is abnormal, especially with exactly the wrong type. Our society has an immense amount of tollerance for nonsense, and it's very easy for many people to operate in big comfy corners of nonsense.
>>
>>8582354
Oh shit.

Guess that ISFJ makes a little more sense now.
>>
>>8591080
Are you me??
>>
>>8604799
And you're still pretty outrageous by villifying ESFP women, they're in line with social expectations, they don't seem to be hiding their MOs, they're easily common enough to get accustommed and adjusted to although that also means that they're due to get commodified(looks notwithstanding), and actually not being stupid is a virtue by their standards, plus, they tend to have reasons to play stupid.

ESFP males on the other hand are bastards. They're still common enough to be a big problem, they aggressively pretend to be normal men, they pretend to be rational, instead of being valued for their bodies they gather up status-tokens and authority-excuses to leverage fiercely, and so on.
>>
File: help me.jpg (42KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
help me.jpg
42KB, 600x750px
>>8582006
This has to be why I've ended up with these horrible trans compulsions.

Being a goddamn INFJ.

It's objectively the most abnormal type, nevermind for a genetic male. So naturally, my parents were against me all my life. My father is an ES type, so just blatantly always saw me as simply nothing more than a freak, he even tells me I was born bad. My mother is an ISFJ, so she was always just out to hammer his expectations and whims down my throat.

This is such a hard sickness to even begin to tackle.
Thread posts: 169
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.