[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Eminem is homophobic? If so,why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: is (1).jpg (15KB, 341x255px) Image search: [Google]
is (1).jpg
15KB, 341x255px
Do you think Eminem is homophobic?
If so,why?
>>
>>8520866

I don't think it matters either way really

I don't like his music but I wouldn't hate him if he was, seems like a normal guy with a decent sense of humor

He said faggot on a CD, big deal
>>
>>8520866
He used to just say things for shock value. I don't think he actually wants all gays dead or anything. He made fun people that died like christoper reeves sonny bono. He just says shit to get a reaction. I mean it's rap music he doesn't go around killing people and slitting peoples throats like he raps about so I doubt he hates gays.
>>
>>8520866
Personally, no. I seldom believe any entertainer is truly homophobic as the culture of Hollywood is pretty liberal to begin with.
>>
>>8520866

I think he's just using the language of the industry, like using racial slurs or sexist terms,and probably doesn't think about any of it too deeply
>>
>>8521025
it can be hard to pin down Eminem's true feelings because he has a reputation for being sarcastic and trying to shock people more than express himself in total sincerity. But he has definitely demonstrated consistent animosity toward certain people and groups, even if we dismiss any specific comment directed toward them as artistic license.
>>
Probably not, Jay-Z has also used the word faggot before and isn't homophobic.
>>
>>8520886
>>8521062
>>8521093
You people must not have listened to early eminem. I'm not saying hes homophobic but he has definitely said a lot worse than just faggot. Like I said he used to rap for shock value.
>>
Eminem more or less owes his life to Elton John helping him through drug addiction

Also
>>8521093
Anyone know whether Eminem has family that are LGBT, like Jay-z's mother being lesbian?
>>
Hating gays was just virtue signaling in rap culture 10+ years ago
>>
>>8521062
it's a definitely a general problem in hip-hop. But on the other hand Em has always sort of done his own thing with rap, and at his peak he was regarded as something of an insightful critic of pop culture at large, not just one more player in the insular and separate world of hiphop. And that can mean people will scrutinize exactly how thoughtful and productive his music actually is.
>>
Its kinda known that a lot of these rappers are gay on the down low.

The reasons why you don't hear about it as much is that the transgender and gay dudes that try to expose them are killed or bought off.
>>
>>8521132

I've heard 'Criminal' but it's whatever, does anyone listen to this and then go out and follow his "advice"? It's just macho posturing from someone who wanted to fit in a genre that wouldn't have traditionally have welcome him
>>
>>8521139
>Eminem more or less owes his life to Elton John helping him through drug addiction
???
The fuck are you on about? Elton John helped him that one time when GLAAD was trying to ruin his career but had nothing really to due with him and drugs.
>>
>>8521156

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2010/jan/03/eminem-elton-john-drugs
>"I've been helping Eminem in the last 18 months and he is doing brilliantly," he said, going on to refer to his own successful struggle with addiction.
>>
>>8521179
You really think that Elton John is the reason he became sober?
>>
So we're just going to ignore the fact Eminem was the first successful ftm rapper?
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 256x190px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 256x190px
>>8520866
More like he's trans in repression
>>
>>8521189

You really think that Eminem isn't grateful to Elton John for helping him become sober?
And, more to the point, do you really think that the likelihood of him being homophobic isn't diminished by this positive experience?
>>
>>8521203
I never said he was homophobic but to say that Elton John saved his life is a bit much friendo
>>
>>8521203

Elton John isn't really the best model for gay people to further the idea that gays are 'as normal as you' although I think any softening in Eminem's part is probably due to $$$ and the bad press that would result from homophobic remarks if he made them
>>
>>8521211
>>8521230

These both make some decent points I can agree with. I do think that his experience with Elton John would have had some effect to decrease homophobia he may have had before
>>
>>8521266

Another thing to bear in mind if that we don't know what his genuine feelings before this experience where, and what he felt when he was recording his 'offensive' material

He is a pretty big troll but then again it was 90's/2000's rap, 'Where the Hood At' was pretty mainstream and very anti-gay
>>
>>8521292
>tfw can't explain fuckin a man
>tfw dmx wont touch my hand
>>
>>8521300

I'd squash DMX's beef with my white dick and he'd like it
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.