[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good do you think you are at clocking trans people without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: caitlyn-jenner.jpg (304KB, 1500x917px) Image search: [Google]
caitlyn-jenner.jpg
304KB, 1500x917px
How good do you think you are at clocking trans people without mistakenly clocking a cis person? Mtf and ftm.

Some people claim they can tell almost if not every time (mainly terfs, people who only know about caitlyn jenner and all the mtfs in passgen).
>>
>>8399596
I can tell most of the time. It happens when you're an autistic tranny with a obsession with passing
>>
>>8399598
Can this ever be tested? Most of the time it seems to be confirmation bias in that if we know they are trans or have some idea then we become hypercritical of features that we might not be when meeting a supposedly cis person.
>>
fun experiment
>get pictures of ugly or homely cis girls from around the internet
>modify them slightly so they don't show up on reverse image search
>give them a phone camera image name with recent date
>post them on passgen
>see how many "pass"
my rate is around 60%
>>
File: 1496172481925.jpg (247KB, 640x584px) Image search: [Google]
1496172481925.jpg
247KB, 640x584px
>>8399596
It's completely obvious at least 90% of the time. Not because I'm some whiz at telling who is trans, but rather because most trans simply do not pass at all. Even those that do pass in still photos are easily given away in real-life due to their mannerisms and voice.
>>
>>8399596
In real life, I have no clue honestly. I don't ask every person I clock if they're trans. I often clock people but I doubt my success rate is very high. I had one clock that was completely wrong.

In pictures, I estimate I have only about a 2-5% success rate. I think about 60-80% of cis women don't fully pass facially but in real life other traits give them away as cis. People here are not very sexually dimorphic when it comes to faces, males are often babyfaced also. Instagram makeup tends to accent any masculine features they have so whenever I go on a normie facebook group I feel like a contestant on RPDR. I had quite a few cases where I clocked someone just to find out they're pregnant or something like that.
Based on personality/ways of online interaction I had a 100% success rate so far. (ie. every person I clocked turned out to be trans + one person I knew was trans but didn't trigger my transdar ended up detransitioning)
>>
>>8399760
>mannerisms and voice
this
in a customer service job it's really easy to tell when someone behaves differently than cis ppl usually do
>>
>>8400919
+ I'm generally better with FtM (post-T) than MtF in the sense that I get less false positives

It seems it's much easier to end up a very masculine cis woman than a very feminine cis man (with how potent T is it's not surprising)

I once clocked a profile pic of a huge guy with a beard and upon further stalking I found out he was actually FtM. He just looked like a woman with a bird to me (dude was a metalhead and kinda looked like fantasy dwarf, except female face). The upper facial structure was very evident. Cases that bad are rare even among trannies but probably extremely so among cis men.
>>
File: aydian5_720x547.jpg (71KB, 631x480px) Image search: [Google]
aydian5_720x547.jpg
71KB, 631x480px
>>8400929
>The upper facial structure was very evident
i keep telling people this, but they never seem to see it
lack of brow bossing fucks over the vast majority (>99%) of trans men and only looks worse when combined with obvious adult signifiers like a beard (if you don't have them you can just pass for 15)
>>
>>8400933
he definitely shouldn't have curved eyebrows at least
>>
>>8400945
??
They look natural to me
He just has a shitty shape
>>
>>8400956
yeah i meant he could shape them a bit
>>
>>8400933
I'm obsessed now, for every tranny pic I try to "see" the man/woman (whichever their birth sex is) in them. 95% of the time it works, and it's depressing.
>>
The image of trans people really suffers from the toupée problem. You only clock non-passing people so you assume most trans people don't pass.

The percentage of trans people is also very low, so if you regularly clock people, you can be sure to have a shitload of false positives.
>>
>>8400929
>It seems it's much easier to end up a very masculine cis woman than a very feminine cis man (with how potent T is it's not surprising)
This is true, when I was researching bell curves for facial feature dimorphism, the female bell cut significantly deeper into the male bell than vice versa. More manly women than girly men; PCOS contributes to this significantly I'm sure, there's really not an equivalent in males.
>>
>>8399596
imo almost everyone thinks they have a much better tranny-radar than they actually do
It's all confirmation bias. People see pictures of people they know are trannies so they look for the "obvious" signs even if they aren't there like with flawed soda tests where they look for any difference even separate from taste to make a decision. Then they use that as a frame of reference and evidence to justify their clocking skill and the validity of their future guesses.

Trannies and people who spend time around trannies might know slightly better some tells and common behaviours but even then they're likely to simply be oversensitive and make false positives. Sometimes the tall awkward girl is just a tall awkward girl.

One anecdotal example that I always find funny, if a bit sad, is how wherever they actually try to pass or enforce laws to keep trannies out of bathrooms cis women inevitably get mistaken for trannies and harrassed. Even more ironic when one takes a look at some of the most extreme anti-tranny radfems and how much they reject traditional cultural femininity and present with what most consider masculine characteristics.
>>
File: smile-man-face-2087212.jpg (230KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
smile-man-face-2087212.jpg
230KB, 1300x957px
>>8400933
I don't know I don't think it's that big of a thing
This is one of the first images that came up for "stock photo man face". He doesn't have obvious brow bossing.
>>
>>8401424
Then one of the ones that came up for a side profile. Again not much.
>>
>>8401430
Uploading that kind of messed his forehead up into a jagged line for some reason but hopefully you can see past that.
Here's one that came up for the same thing for female faces. Not obviously different imo
>>
>>8401265
>One anecdotal example that I always find funny, if a bit sad, is how wherever they actually try to pass or enforce laws to keep trannies out of bathrooms cis women inevitably get mistaken for trannies and harrassed. Even more ironic when one takes a look at some of the most extreme anti-tranny radfems and how much they reject traditional cultural femininity and present with what most consider masculine characteristics.

>be trans
>become butch TERF
>never get clocked again
the sad thing is I bet there are people who have done this.
>>
>>8401456
Whats the ftm equivalent?
>>
>>8400933
Holy shit, you found an example of the rare "FtM hon".
>>
>>8401456
I mean I did everything besides the terfy part. Doing butch lady is so much easier than trying to fit into anything that passes as lady clothes these days. Plus you can get away with barely wearing any makeup.
>>
>>8402799
That's the guy that was on the men's health cover, a literal aiden.
He's not a hon you guys on here are just too judgemental and insecure and it's warp your sense of who passes and who doesn't.
>>
I think I'm pretty good at telling irl. It's easier to hide in photos, but when you see a living, moving person it's almost impossible.
>>
>>8403236
What kind of things does a living moving person do that would give it away to you?
>>
>>8403374
male and female skeletons are built differently. the hip sockets are at different angles, which means the legs move in different planes. Even if a tranny gets wider hips (dubious), their legs move in the more vertical male plane.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.