[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/NetherLGBT/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: lgbt-netherlands.png (15KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
lgbt-netherlands.png
15KB, 600x600px
If the Brits can have a thread, so can we right? After all, the netherlands was the first country to make Gay Marriage official.

Going to any prides this year Dutchies?
>>
>>8385880

Stick your pride up your aidsinfested ass kankerhomo
>>
I hate the prides. It's all about fucking on the streets and nothing else anymore.
>>
>>8385880
Fuck pride.
If I wanted to see vain self-absorbed cishet PC twats I'd look at VARA.
>>
I somewhat agree with the other reactions here. I would like to tell someone I'm gay without them thinking I like dansing half naked on boats. Pride just reinforces all the bad stereotypes.
>>
>>8385880
If I had enough social skills to attend a pride and not have spaghetti falling out of my pockets I wouldn't be here.
>>
I live 2:40minutes away with train from amsterdam but Im from germany, can I still join this thread?
>>
>>8386826
No.
>>
>>8386854
Ok. Goodbye :(
>>
>>8386794
>This
who would actually in their sane mind want to be associated with half naked and leather dog costume wearing people.
>>
>first country to make Gay Marriage official.
And that was only because the PvdA (dutch labour) wanted to shit on the christian parties.

So in a sense no different from all other countries.
>>
>>8387472
>And that was only because the PvdA (dutch labour) wanted to shit on the christian parties.
Not Dutch but this is why I oppose gay marriage.
>>
>>8387499
I don't necessarily oppose it, I just think the intentions behind it were wrong.

Instead of doing it out of a sense of justice they're doing it out of spite, in which case you might as well not do it at all since it's totally worthless.
>>
>>8387516
I oppose it because that spiteful side of the culture war shouldn't win.
>>
>>8385880
>>8387472
>>8387499
>>8387516
After they legalized gay marriage they did very little else. There is also still a lot of rampant and casual homophobia in the netherlands. Pride is treated as a party where the crazies come out so people can laugh and get drunk.
>>
>>8388696
>There is also still a lot of rampant and casual homophobia in the netherlands
Really?
>>
>>8387472
[citation needed]
>>
>>8387472
This doesn't make any sense. Yes Job Cohen was the one who pushed gay marriage. But all the parties except the christian ones voted for gay marriage, so it's not just the PvdA. And furthermore the CDA's biggest reason not to vote for gay marriage was because this would make it possible for gay couples to have childeren, a point with which I somewhat agree.

https://zoek.officielebekendmakingen.nl/behandelddossier/26672/h-ek-20002001-687-687-1?resultIndex=6&sorttype=1&sortorder=4 (because I like to have evidence to back up my claims)
>>
File: chrome_2017-06-05_14-45-59.png (53KB, 703x516px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-06-05_14-45-59.png
53KB, 703x516px
>>8388696
Ofcourse homophobia is rampant. That's also why we see a growing tolerance of homosexuals...... ooh wait no you were just talking complete bullshit
(source: intergratie in zicht?, SCP)
>>
>>8390460
>Yes Job Cohen was the one who pushed gay marriage. But all the parties except the christian ones voted for gay marriage
They voted in favor solely because the christian parties were against it, and going against the once dominant christian culture was considered a good thing.
Which is why D66 today is so in favor of removing references to God from the law.

If gay marriage would be legalised because of a sense of justice or empathy we'd all be dead before that happens.

It's not that hard to understand.
>>
>>8390911
How do you tell if that's why gay marriage came about in any given country, or if it came about out of justice, empathy and equality?
>>
>>8390923
It's simply a matter of finding patterns, hypocrisy and external motives.
"they did it because it's the right thing to do" doesn't hold up in cases such as South Africa, Israel and soon to be Taiwan and when looking just a bit deeper it doesn't hold up in the case of western countries either.
>>
>>8390955
Can you give an example, like pick a country as a case study and say what the patterns, hypocrisy and external motives are in that case so I can work out how other countries follow the same pattern.
>>
>>8390970
Look at how Israel tries to present itself as a westernized country with lgbt rights.
Look at how we bash Russia for some anti-lgbt laws while remaining silent about practically all African or muslim countries.

2 mere decades ago we were considered mentally ill freaks, and six years after gruelling debates between psychologist (resulting in the complete turnover inside out rewrite of the DSM) we're suddenly accepted as normal citizens and with the right to marry who we love.
That after a few thousand years of deeply ingrained anti-lgbt mentality.

That's like Wilders suddenly converting to islam overnight.
>>
>>8391129
>Look at how Israel tries to present itself as a westernized country with lgbt rights.
OMG ITS DA JEEEWWWWWS

>Look at how we bash Russia for some anti-lgbt laws while remaining silent about practically all African or muslim countries.
Because Russia recently passed them. We KNOW africa is backwards; a bunch of people I work with are riding out the civil war in Nigeria, and one of them probably can't go back due to being openly gay.
>>
>>8391258
>"doesn't hold up in cases such as South Africa, Israel and soon to be Taiwan"
>Israel
>"OMG ITS DA JEEEWWWWWS"
Do you drool when you hear a bell or is that your dog?
>>
>>8390911
Heh sure, all other political parties are all braindead Christian haters with the united goal to piss them off.
>>
>>8390511
kek so much for the islamisation of europe
>>
File: 1495658068977.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495658068977.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
>>8385880
The Dutch are pretty tolerant people, unlike lots of Americans still stuck with their homophobia.
>>
>>8393090
Ever heard of opportunism?

>>8394605
>The Dutch are pretty tolerant people, unlike lots of Americans still stuck with their homophobia
Frankly that tolerance, while far better than most places, is still heavily inflated.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.