[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts? http://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/bla ck-lives-matt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (35KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 300x168px
Thoughts?
http://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/black-lives-matter-did-not-register-for-this-year-s-pride-parade-organizers-1.3442227
>>
>>8385764
Toronto's fucked up. I'm not sure what to make of that channel though.

They had another report earlier today about protests against "islamophobia", and for that they interviewed an antifuck, naturally, in full face mask.
>>
>>8385764
>tfw torontonian
all the gays in the city are flamers who support this kind of shit
>>
>>8387634
>flamers who support this kind of shit
I will never understand this.
>>
>>8387640
progressive queers will bend over to anything remotely left and its amazing how much worse its gotten over the years
>>
File: 1496567132183.jpg (59KB, 618x492px) Image search: [Google]
1496567132183.jpg
59KB, 618x492px
>>8385764
>>
>>8385764
I'd say "missed a bullet" but you know they'll just show up regardless of if they have a permit or not and basically say "fuck you we run this shit".

I can't wait to hear all the reactions from libcucks and poltards when that happens, I'm sure it will be very entertaining.
>>
>>8387741
>its amazing how much worse its gotten over the years
Well, it's only gonna be worse.
>>
>>8387754
True but the problem is that it's coming from both sides. With Trump's election and then with his Muslim ban and the entire wall thing and with the hate campaign that spawned against him on the other both liberals and conservatives have gotten massively more radicalized over the past few years and have gotten much much less willing to listen or support or allow people to be in the middle. This, of course, only further strains relationships and divides the groups splitting them even further apart.

Leaving aside 4chan trolling and speech: I genuinely don't hate blacks or immigrants or Muslims but I also do genuinely have the problem with illegal immigration, Islamic extremism (and the silent majority that supports it) feminism misandry and affirmative action and forced diversity. But, on the other hand, I'm fully for legalization of abortion, I don't give a fuck about religion and I don't think private citizens ought to posses guns.

So I, with my beliefs all over the place, am fucked in the ass with a 10 foot flaming pole no matter what with the rise of both left wing and right wing extremism.
>>
>ramadan ends a day before the pride parade

i think i'll skip it
>>
>>8387775
Misandry and forced diversity are just the whinging complaints of white guys with nothing to actually complain about. If you mischaracterize and distort the truth all the time then most people don't listen to you.

Being for reproductive rights and not for creationism in schools just means you're not being a retarded dick. It's kind of like saying you don't think people should be killed or imprisoned for dissent. There's nothing special about that stance, it's only unusually special if you don't.

The demographic you're associating with are the right-wing tumblrinas of the late 2010s.
>>
>>8388019
>circumcision isn't anything to actually complain about
>>
>>8388019
>nothing to actually complain about
Affirmative action is a real problem desu.
>>
>>8387634
i feel your pain.
>>8387747
this made me so angry
>>
>>8388052
That's so funny but circumcision is a religious phenomenon and only rarely a medical necessity.
>>
>>8388091
Does the female host application have a racial requirement too?
>>
>>8388105
That's uh the problem.
>>
>>8388113
I don't know but there should not be any racial requirements for jobs where race isn't relevant to the work. If they were looking for someone to host the African-Canadian Hour I would understand but they were not.
>>
>>8388091
Affirmative action only counterweights already in place bias towards certain demographics.
>>
>>8388125
Actually it isn't remotely a problem for me but since you brought it up I imagine it is your problem. You should aim your dissatisfaction of religious practices in the right direction.
>>
>>8388091
Things like that will happen even without affirmative action. Hiring a hopeful competent non-white person is good for business, it has a "see, we will hire anyone who fits the job, not just if they're a conventionally white pretty/handsome face." The fact of the matter is white people are still favored everywhere, so incidents like this barely hurt them. That said, I'm aware of the rise in anti-white sentiment, but that was inevitable, and racism will never truly go away.
>>
>>8388135
You don't fight racism with racism.
>>
>>8387775
>anti gun
Where you from? I agree with you on everything but guns (not that I'm thrilled about being around guns) and I have always consider myself a lefty... Man when the fuck did I become not a lefty?

>>8388019
I agree that focusing on that topic too much can make me suspicious of someones intent but there are legitimate issues with affirmative action and it seems like even trying to bring that up gets you labeled as a racist *even when your intent is to improve the system for the benefit of minorities*

We all agree that increased unemployment is a potential hazard of minimum wage laws, there is a reason no one is advocating a $100/hr minimum wage, there are costs and benefits and unintended consequences. Seems like trying to have that same discussion about affirmative action is currently taboo.

(I support greatly increasing the minimum wage btw, I'm not arguing that we shouldn't have one because it may cause unemployment, just saying that it is a legitimate issue that must be considered when increasing it. Although eliminating it and replacing it with a substantial basic income seems like the best solution to me)
>>
>>8388143
>Actually it isn't remotely a problem for me
This misandry is the problem and yes it's your problem.
>>
>>8388152
>Man when the fuck did I become not a lefty?

>substantial basic income

kek you are pretty far left m8

by the way America won't function very long when all the millions of American citizens get to just sit back on that substantial basic income, smoking weed and jerking off
>>
>>8388146
It isn't racism at all. There is no shortage of white male applicants admitted into schools every year.

>>8388152
I wouldn't mind debating these topics more if my experience wasn't always one or more people reposting misinformed political rhetoric or getting all kinds of angry over things that have barely if at all impacted them directly.

Unemployment really isn't significantly race related. When you look up the percentages and do a little math it isn't realistic to make that correlation. Old industries fail and new industries rise, those old industries shouldn't be keep artificially alive to create more unnecessary jobs.

You're more likely to lose your job to a computer that can simultaneously do thousands of jobs at once than to an immigrant. At this point technology can automate most jobs or at least a significant portion of the work flow in order to facilitate personnel cuts.

I support the idea of basic income as a way to sustain society going forward. I don't see these problems as specific or unique to white males because it affects everyone, initiatives like affirmative action aren't going to stop the tide of innovation.
>>
>>8388255
>whether or not someone gets the education they earned depends on their skin color
>this isn't racist at all
>>
>>8388288
More applicants earn the education as you put it than applicants that are accepted. The only change is that preference is given to certain marginalized minorities to counteract a bias for the majority.
>>
I want to gas every last member of Black Lives Matter.

t. this makes me T-rage
>>
>>8388255
>It isn't racism at all.

>>8388320
>The only change is that preference is given to certain marginalized minorities to counteract a bias

A preference for applicants of a certain race is absolutely a kind of racism regardless of national statistics. What's more, this affirmitive action only confirms the existing biax by making it appear these minorities cannot be the most qualified applicants based on their own merits and must be selected for on the basis of their racial background to meet a diversity quota. It reinforces negative stereotypes and also teaches the minorities to think less of themselves, expect less of themselves, generally become dependent with an inferiority complex.

tl;dr affirmitive action is literally racism and also counter-productive to its own goal
>>
>>8388343
If you want to continue to make the semantic argument that's your choice but you know that's never going anywhere right? At that point people switch off from what you're saying. Things that drift to claims of blind to race or pure equality are so inconceivably naive and dishonest. It's this view that doing nothing about racism is racist but doing anything to counteract racism is even more racist. It's so far removed from reality you will lose the attention of rational people with those kinds of arguments.

Diversification in organizations is usually very beneficial. Academic and investigative organizations greatly benefit from as many diverse and different viewpoints as possible. You don't achieve that if everyone has the same background.
>>
>>8388387
>discriminating based on race being racism is semantics
>>
>If you want to continue to make the semantic argument that's your choice but you know that's never going anywhere right?
There's the pot calling the kettle a nigger. You started our semantic argument when you said that affirmative action *isn't* racism. I do agree that arguing over whether it is or isn't racism is an argument that will go nowhere, since it should be immediately obvious to you that preferring applicants of a certain race is racial discrimination.

But you're obviously just too rational and wise for little old me. No doubt having objective standards of what is and is not racist is too boring for your enlightened ultra-rational self and I now lose your attention, right?
>>
>>8388416
>>8388421
Imagine how she would respond if someone else made that argument to her. /pol/: "every race having its own country isn't racism"
>>
>>8388255
>It isn't racism at all.
>There is no shortage of white male applicants admitted into schools every year.
non sequiter
>>
>>8388145
>white people will be discriminated against even without affirmative action by a newly created "new boys club" of feminists and minorities
>but white people are still so privileged we need to even further enshrine that discrimination into law
>>
>>8388255
>It isn't racism at all
It's judging people based on their race, it's absolutely racism.

Anyway, here's my problem with the modern leftist colorful view of race: their argument is that in order for society to become fair long term we need to make it unfair, and even the most ardent leftist would admit, unfair right now so that down the line, at some unspecified point down the line we can create a fully fair society. .

Essentially they're asking for a popular mandate for an unfair racist society with the vague promise of eventually creating some perfectly fair society down the line, with absolutely no time table or framework or even acknowledgement in the general rhetoric of the ultimate need to end the "unfair" period to start the "fair period. All that receives attention is how, right now the society is unfair towards non-whites and we need to fix that by making the society unfair to whites by giving the leftists a popular mandate.

That's a similar problem I have with a feminism, feminists push the idea that the society is unfair to women so we need to make the society unfair to men in order to boost the women. .However, the way society really is is a balance of both genders for every conceivable gendered issue. Feminists eternally push for the women's side of the imaginary scale without ever taking into consideration the men's side of the scale. But that's inherently false, in order to actually create an equal society and in order for feminism to actually be about equality instead of women's special interest lobby it has to consider BOTH sides of the fence at the same time in order to arrive at the fairest and most balanced conclusion.
>>
>>8388178
Most people work objectively useless jobs

1 amazon engineer and a couple UPS guys does the work of 100 WalMart employees, does it really matter if 50% of those people stop working? Smart and driven people will still be smart and driven, people who aren't satisfied with their basic income will still have to work to earn more. Widespread unemployment is an issue we don't really know how to deal with yet, but we don't really have a choice with the way technology is advancing. What do you think truck drivers, deliverymen, taxis, etc are going to do when they are replaced by software? Do you think an 85 IQ 50 year old trucker is going to go back to school and become a software engineer? Burying our heads in the sand and insisting on full employment no matter the costs wont work. I am probably strawmaning you right now and if I am I apologize, I'd love to hear a different solution
.>>8388387
>benefit from diverse viewpoints
Unless those viewpoints are critical your own views e.g. Affirmative action

Imagine you are a minority at a top school and you are failing your courses because you are smart but you aren't *really* smart, you could be top of your class at a great school but instead you are floundering and humiliated at the highest level school because your skin color satisfied some quota. can you see how devastating that could be to someone? What if you are a minority and you really are *that* smart, but everyone assumes you only got in because of your skin color. These are legitimate concerns.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.