[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

estrogen HRT seriously reduced my intelligence I used to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: homerbrain.jpg (16KB, 254x300px) Image search: [Google]
homerbrain.jpg
16KB, 254x300px
estrogen HRT seriously reduced my intelligence

I used to be so smart. i had straight A's from elementary school to 10th grade. my elementary school teachers thought i was gonna be something huge, like going to harvard or finding a cure to cancer or something. they said i'm a very smart boy.

i used to be so focused and motivated. i pumped out lots of saxophone music, studied, etc. At my peak I had dreams of going in the military to pay for medical school so I could become a brain surgeon or endocrinology. I was gonna become successful and rich. I was in the top 7% of my class at one point.

Then I started transition in 11th grade of high school. once i started estrogen, my motivation/drive slowly faded. i started to fail the same advanced classes in high school i was excelling in, because i abandoned my dreams of going to a good college and becoming successful. no more ambition, didn't care anymore. my teachers were disappointed in me, called my parents like "your son isn't the same person anymore, i don't know what happened to him". now i can't do well in some of my classes even when I try. I've lost the brain power to do english/history, I'm failing those classes miserably. elementary school teachers can't believe I'm going to community college, instead of an ivy league school like they had predicted.

but i just feel like i don't need to succeed to be happy anymore. i pass as a girl now. back when i looked like a boy, people always encouraged me to succeed, since that's what people value men for. now i have cute/pretty feminine looks and people value that, so i lost the motivation to try and impress people with my smarts. my looks have helped me make friends more than intelligence ever did.

the desire to impress girls and get laid with your wealth is a big factor in drive to succeed, which I don't have.

also, who needs money to be happy when you can be a girl? being a girl is so fun :)
>>
>m-muh precious intelligence ;-;
You can always get a bf who's smarter than you, retard.
>>
>>8299318
>top 7% of my class at one point.
What?
There's no bragging rights about "smartness" unless you're the best in your class...
>>
>>8299497
I was.
It wasn't the estrogen that killed my intelligence it was the crippling depression that came before
>>
>>8299318
The truth is that estrogen doesn't reduce intelligence. A more likely explanation is that testosterone made you more confident and competitive. Even arrogantly believing you're smarter than you really are probably helped you performing better. Given the time you are probably more intelligent now but other factors have changed.
>>
>>8299497
>>8299507
Top 7% of the class in elementary school? Dude I don't know how to break this to you but...
>>
this is b8
>>
More likely depression/anxiety just made you less motivated. If you have no motivation you won't do well in school.
>>
>>8299318
It's not the estrogen. Your T levels are too low. Low test is linked to increased anxiety, less energy levels, more depression, less drive and less aggression. Reduce your anti-androgens.

I hated how out of it I was and I dropped my Spiro from 200mg to 150mg daily and the change was significant. I have more energy, more aggression, less depressed, less anxiety, more drive and desire to accomplish goals.
>>
>>8299552
Elementary schools don't even have class ranking, retard

OP meant high school
>>
>>8299544
Yes it can my dude

>>8299552
Nice reading comprehension
>>
>>8299588
>>8299623
How does it applying to high school make OP's statement any less of a joke?

Pre college education means jack diddly squat. Welcome to the real world.
>>
>>8299768
I wasn't the one making the original claim
>>
>>8299318
This was why I postponed transition and now it turned into a meme
:|
>>
>>8299318
That's the whole fucking point you fucking fag! To take a back seat in life, stop having to stand up for yourself, and reduce yourself to a fucking accessory! Fuck your cognitive dissonance, you worthless preshus little joke!
>>
>>8299318
>my elementary school teachers thought i was gonna be something huge, like going to harvard or finding a cure to cancer or something

You do realize your elementary school teachers were simply giving you encouragement to focus on your studies, not because they actually believed you were going to be the next Albert Einstein, right? I mean, if you're smart, you would have recognized that faux praise that adults typically give to little children.
>>
>>8299318
Doing well in high school and everything doesn't really mean a whole lot. I know many people that did shit in school and turned their lives around and did amazingly well in university. Many people that do well in high school also can do horribly in the real world since they can lack people skills and don't know how to properly study.
Being book smart isn't always the path to success. I always remember one of my university profs kind of joking with us about success out in the working world. He always said it's not how intelligent you are, how much work experience you have, it's how well you can lie and get away with it lol
>>
>>8299538
yeah this is probably what happened to me, although i feel like part of it was also just becoming more mature and realizing i wasn't anywhere near as smart as i had thought i was. plus my older brother is extremely smart, so i always felt pressured to try to keep up with him, especially considering how desperate i was for his approval. but that said I'm probably like barely above average, so not actually dumb compared to most people, just not ridiculously smart.

but yeah I think the more comfortable I've become with my femininity, the more I've realized I don't have to go out of my way to try to be smart/clever. so that on top of maybe naturally being less competitive and arrogant from testosterone have definitely made a huge difference in how i perceive how smart i am
>>
Getting older makes you feel dumb. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>8299568
So, femboy HRT is the best HRT?
>>
Doesn't sound like you got any dumber, sounds like you were using your success in school to cover up some emotional insecurities (that's not quite the right word but I can't think of a better one). Insecurities that went away when you transitioned, so you didn't need to use school to cover up those insecurities, so school wasn't as important, so you tried less in school, so your grades went down.
Doesn't seem like hrt is to blame here.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.