[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

transgender question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: carmen-carrera-GETTY.jpg (82KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
carmen-carrera-GETTY.jpg
82KB, 400x600px
Are you really transgender if you just want to be, but don't need to be??
>>
Depends on how you define "transgender." I'd say yeah. Since you're still doing a risk-benefit calculation on transitioning, in the end, it doesn't really matter what you call yourself.
>>
>>8284004
All transgenders are want. We could all live as a birth gender, but profusely prefer not to be.
>>
>>8284374
Speak for yourself, if I couldnt transition I would kms. Probably will anyway.
>>
>>8284374
Two suicide attempts before I was allowed to live as a girl. I couldn't stand living as a boy.
>>
>>8284387
The sonner the better.

>>8284390
>attempts
Cries for attention.
>>
>>8284374
This, sorta op. I never felt like a true transgender since I thought I could live without it. But one day I realized wants are way more important than needs.
>>
File: image.gif (948KB, 245x219px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
948KB, 245x219px
>>8284394
>>
>>8284394
First time 4 types of anticoagulants and slit wrists. It was days before I stopped bleeding internally and at my cuts. Can't remember what I did for the second time, but had a longer hospital stay in the ICU.
>>
>>8284406
>wants are way more important than needs.
Explain
>>
>>8284387
>if I couldnt transition I would kms.
>Probably will anyway.
>>
Transgender is not about "want to be" or "need to be". It means "already are". That is why there is non-op transgender people including non-dysphoric transgender people.

Otherwise, and if its just a case of "want to be" then what makes transrace or transage or transspecies not real? If there was some sort of horrible genocide against all Irish people, many Irish might "want to be" or "need to be" Scottish, but that doesn't make them transethnic.

Rather, a transgender person already is a member of the "other" gender from birth, regardless of appearance.
>>
>>8284415
There should have been a have in there as in would have killed myself already.
>>
>>8284004
Yes. If you were born a man and are okay with it but you still would feel better as a woman – you're trans as well and transitioning will likely help you. It's called "gender euphoria"; you don't need to be dysphoric.
>>
>>8284004
You want to be a plastic bitch? You want to be revered as one? You want to be enjoyed, and accepted by people for your sexual appeal? You must be honest with yourself. What do you really want? Not what you expect other people to hear you want, but what you really desire. You must reflect on the reality of your situation.

Truth is, some people are sexually attractive as their cis gender, some people aren't. Some people can be affective when they present themselves as the other gender, but this is rare. Some people are just straight up unattractive, which is sad, but it's real. One must work within their bounds and think realistically. Want to know something strange about hormones? They can give you feelings of being the other gender, and they are actually quite powerful. Those changes can feel like an assurance, but they can distract you from the reality of your situation. They can distract you from your real feelings and the sources of them.

So if you really think you're trans, put in some research. Sadly, the trans community will try to say anyone who feels the least bit like they might be trans should transition. That's not the truth. You'll get a lot of people trying to convince you to transition, just so they can justify their own transition.

So you must look into your own life. You must look into the source of this desire. Anyone who doesn't fit into the stereotypes of their gender can find moments of their past that they can use to convince themselves that they were trans from youth. You really must look into yourself and the source of this desire. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>8284417
Scottish isn't an ethnicity so that analogy doesn't work.
>>
>>8284475
Don't say that to the Scottish. Holy fuck do not do that you fuck. You will get your shit handed to you in pieces you bloody fuck.
>>
>>8284475
>Scottish isn't an ethnicity
Are you retarded
>>
File: white ethnic origins.jpg (31KB, 577x405px) Image search: [Google]
white ethnic origins.jpg
31KB, 577x405px
>>8284491
The Scottish get that told to them all the time.
>>
>>8284540
But it says British as in English, Scottish and Welsh. Just because they are grouped here doesnt mean they cant be seperate.
>>
>>8284571
>it says British as in English, Scottish and Welsh
No, read it again. It says British as in the ethnicity White British, as opposed to White Irish or any other White background.
>>
>>8284574
Dumb fuck, you know nothing of the Scottish elections that have been going on. They are opposed to brexit, by majority. They are facing the option of separating to join the EU. You know nothing of their current politics, so your comparison is void. It was a shitty analogy. Yes, your original post is a shitty analogy. There's no further point in pursuing it.
>>
>>8284582
Sorry but what do politics have to do with ethnic groups?

Maybe you're a little out of date but they are opposed to separating, by majority.
>>
>>8284540
By your logic English isn't an ethnicity either.
>>
>>8284596
What's your point?
>>
File: images (1).jpg (33KB, 445x331px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
33KB, 445x331px
>>
>>8284590
>>8284599
Low tier bait. Here's your (you)s.
>>
>>8284475

Fucking 3rd world burger fuck off
>>
>>8284540

>england has its cock in your arse this means you are english
TRIGGERED
>>
>>8284004
Define want, need and transgender.

Like, if you only 'need' something if you'd literally die without it, then a lot of people don't 'need' to transition. But at the same time, a lot of humans don't 'need' houses, roads, jobs, friends, lovers, freedom, legs, etc. But these can still be things that massively increase someone's quality of life.
>>
>>8284394
Fuck up jealous flamer.
>>
>>8284390
are you miss Manning?
>>
>>8284645
>>8285045
Take a read >>8284540

>>8285057
>English
>a thing
>>
File: 1493526186416.jpg (94KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1493526186416.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
>>8284004
>mfw told to get therapy before starting transition
>mfw therapy fixed most of my issues, I'm a happy person now
>depression gone, I can actually go out and do things instead of being stuck in bed all day
>now looking forward to things, hopeful for the future
>never been felt this good before
>no longer dysphoric
Good luck /tttt/, one day you'll be happy too.
>>
>>8288513
see you in ten years, hon
>>
>>8288513
Yeah, I'm betting there's quite a good percentage of people who use the idea of transition as an outlet for their other issues. It's easier to focus on one idea, such as transition, than to tackle the multiple sources of your problems. It doesn't help that /lgbt/ and other communities tell everyone to transition. It's also incredibly easy to look at your past and re-imagine it in ways that support your current views. Memories are not static, sadly. They aren't very reliable at all and are very prone to biases.

It's an issue not often spoken about.
>>
>>8284004
Good question.

My feeling here is the answer is as varied and nuanced as the people who feel they are transgender.

People like compartmentalization; it's easier to wrap your mind around something solid and defined, so a term like transgender can be very misleading in that it may be interpreted as a crystalline definition of a state of being rather than pointing towards something just as real but much more nebulous.

To finish out, regardless if a person is "actually" or "truly" transgender, if the say they are take them at their word and give them the respect, consideration, and sensitivity they deserve.

Have a great day, anon :-)
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.