[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just turned 18, and I'm really confused about my sexuality.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1444610033954.jpg (118KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1444610033954.jpg
118KB, 1252x1252px
I just turned 18, and I'm really confused about my sexuality. I've never found girls or guys attractive, but now I'm beginning to feel extremely nervous when I'm around other men and I do feel aroused.

But, the thing is, I don't seem homosexual and I've never shown any traits of it before? Is this a stage every guy goes through, or at least late bloomers until they begin to properly like girls?

I really, really would appreciate some advice from you guys.
>>
>>8210218
yes.
you sound normal.
>>
>>8210218
>I don't seem homosexual and I've never shown any traits of it before
You don't have to act flaming to be gay. Remember this.

If men are making you feel nervous or aroused (and girls aren't doing the same) you may well be gay. It's no big deal, just so long as you're ok with it.

Also don't go to a gay bar while you're still curious, they'll turn you right the fuck off.
>>
>>8210237
I'm not 'ok' with it though, I don't want to be gay. I've had gay friends before and the way they describe what it's like sounds awful - no offence to anyone here, but I'd much rather somehow stamp it out now than suffer later.
>>
>>8210271
Why don't you want to be gay?
>>
>>8210218
How do you talk to other guys
>>
>>8210287
I want to be happily married one day, have a dedicated partner and all that. Doesn't seem... Likely as a homosexual - that, combined with the social stigma and.. I just don't want to be titled as gay. I want to be straight and have all that comes with it.

So, other than the obvious 'go to church' memes, are there any ways to cure?

>>8210297
Normally? I'm not camp if that's what you mean.
>>
>>8210312
Having a stable relationship is entirely possible if you're gay. Sure there are a lot of sluts in the gay scene but those are the people you notice. There are plenty of guys who just want a partner, a monogamous relationship (myself included) and quite possibly have the same problem as you. It may be harder to find a partner as it can be difficult to tell if someone's gay (plus where you're from could affect that with whatever the general attitude towards homosexuality is).

With the whole "I just don't want to be titled as gay", who you're sexually attracted to doesn't have any bearing on who you are and as much as some people like to make it a core part of their identity it doesn't have to be part of yours, especially if you don't 'act gay'.
>>
>>8210360
Thanks for the advice, I guess, but I'd still like to know if there are any actual options other than that. It's not just not really preferable due to my family and circumstances.
>>
>>8210401
Uber Christian? Russian?

You can't really force yourself to not be gay, there's a chance you might turn out to be bi or something so you can still be with a woman. Give it time, see how your feelings develop and just focus on other things for now.

I think you're looking at this the wrong way but I hope whatever you do turns out well :)
>>
>>8210271
No one wants to be gay dude, but that's not how it works, the things you want have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>8210218
I act/seem straight. You might just be gay and not flamboyant.
>>
>>8210218
If being around certain guys is putting you on edge you're likely gay. Especially if you aren't getting any sort of similar response from females. This is what we mean when we say it isn't a choice (for most of us). You'll just have to accept it and make the best of it. Only faggots act like flamers, there are plenty of normal gays that you wouldn't be able to tell apart from straights. Just don't get insecure about your masculinity and turn into one of those queers.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.