[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>20 year old MtF currently stuck at home >Planning to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: alex-ket-split.jpg (487KB, 1920x2998px) Image search: [Google]
alex-ket-split.jpg
487KB, 1920x2998px
>20 year old MtF currently stuck at home
>Planning to transfer out of community college to normal four-year college next semester (With trans and third-gender option available on application)
>Really bad body dysphoria
>Anxiety, depression and probably somewhat paranoid
>Extreme anxiety over finding gender therapist and the process of getting on HRT.

I'm honestly absolutely terrified of seeking professional treatment. I know it's irrational but I'm afraid that having "depression", "anxiety", "paranoia", and/or "Transgender" or anything like that would somehow negatively effect me. I feel like getting on HRT would go a real long way to finally putting my mind at ease, so I can finally be me but being seen as transgender, over being seen as female actually uneases me. Am I being ridiculous? What should I do?

Not my art; credit - https://www.artstation.com/artwork/4eJ58
>>
>>8204357
Please explain the difference between community college and normal 4-year college for a non-American.
>>
>>8204357
you should perhaps try being yourself
>>
>>8204368
one is for autistic failures, one is for normies
>>
>>8204357
>With trans and third-gender option available on application
Is that just for dorms or what? If so, surely you'd still just tick F, no need for extra options unless there's a segregated trans dorm?
>>
>>8204377
Then why were you in both in succession? How long is community for, 3 years? Less?
>>
>>8204418
aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>8204383
Decent schools offer support if you have issues such as those OP clearly has.

Getting registered as trans or suffering from mental illness also has the benefit of making it easier to get intercalations from study, extensions on projects, etc. due to medical conditions.
>>
>>8204368
Community college is cheaper and two years. You can get an associate's degree, or just take classes that transfer to a four-year college where you can get a master's. Effectively it can be cheaper to go to community college first then a four-year college because college is fucking expensive in the United Corporations of America and people like myself get fucked for financial aid because they conveniently forget taxes exist.
>>8204383
Dorms are coed but they ask for what's on your government stuff and then what you prefer.
Biological Sex, Legal name, Gender Identity, preferred name basically, so they seem cool about it.
>>
>>8204418
2 years is community colleges. They are for people who slept through highschool and realized they can't live off of minimum wage.

4 year University is something you're probably more familiar with.
>>
>>8204440
>Effectively it can be cheaper to go to community college first then a four-year college
Community isn't an alternative to the master's then?

>>8204446
For me it was 3 years.
>>
>>8204476
No, you'd get a lesser degree at a community college. Only reason I went was because mine was one of the highest rated in the country (With a plethora of fucking useless professors, I can only imagine how fucking bad the other community colleges are) and assuming at least 80% of my credits transfer (Advisor was useless in helping me with that) it'll be cheaper because I've already taken the class somewhere else.
>>
>>8204498
How does the credits thing work?
>>
>>8204586
You just take classes at the community college and request to transfer. You get forms from the college you'd like to transfer to, fill some things out, send it to your current college and they send it to the college you're transferring to. The college you transfer to really decides what transfers, and the credits and classes carry over for your degree at the new college.
>>
>>8204630
You'd have thought what transfers would be formalized and public knowledge.

In my country I was lied to that I'd couldn't get what in the US system would be a 100% transfer and then discovered I could have.
>>
>>8204440
>but they ask for what's on your government stuff and then what you prefer.
>Biological Sex, Legal name, Gender Identity, preferred name basically,
Why do they need to know what's on your government stuff?

Biological sex isn't necessarily the same as your government ID anyway.
>>
>>8204433
>Getting registered as trans or suffering from mental illness also has the benefit of making it easier to get intercalations from study, extensions on projects, etc. due to medical conditions.
but you'd need an actual condition for that, just just saying you're trans. right?
>>
>third gender option
gross

anyway OP, id recommend talking to a therapist first. I'm in repression mode because I feel like being trans would actually give me worse dysphoria, because my brain perceives trans people as trans, not really as their gender, and I know that people will see me that way too, especially people who have known me all their lives and that's terrifying.
>>
>>8205683
Also, all the FtMs I know are insufferable transtrender tumbltards and I don't want them to think we're the same.

Also I'll never have a functioning dick

tl;dr I'd rather be a masc lesbian than a hairy, doughy half-man
>>
holy shit kid just self med
seriously
>>
I'm in basically the same situation except I'm pretty sure I won't be able to handle real college because I can't be around people my age(especially girls because of jealousy) because I just spend all my time in my room.

Haven't even applied either and don't really wanna be going to college.

just want to die
>>
>>8205683
This honestly is a thing for me too. I really don't want to be seen as Trans, I just want to be seen as female.
>>8205640
This problem lies within my parents, right now I live with them and they've forced me to allow them access to my medical records. I don't really know what to do about that.
>>
>>8205683
>>8205702
Kinda happy to find out I'm not alone in this.
>>
>>8205683
Same. Two of my best friends are trans and I respect them and call them he\she, but I have to force myself not to slip when mentioning them outside of conversation because my brain can't be deluded into thinking they're a man\a woman. Maybe I feel that way because the ftm is still girl mode and the mtf doesn't pass, and appearance overrides any pronoun. I'm trans myself and I guess they might think the same thing of me, because they know, but I pass to the public so that's enough. I still think of myself as a tranny rather than an actual man, but it's not that relevant since I had issues with my body not much with wanting to be a *real man*, and having fixed my appearance towards a male-like shape did the trick for me. I don't know but I never cared much about whether or not I "felt" or was perceived as male, I just wanted a masculine body. That came with being perceived male which is nice. People won't see you as trans if you pass though, unless it's an issue you have with yourself.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.