[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the harmful dieting/fitness fad so popular in lgbtqa+

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 11803738991580751175.jpg (57KB, 558x419px) Image search: [Google]
11803738991580751175.jpg
57KB, 558x419px
Why is the harmful dieting/fitness fad so popular in lgbtqa+ spaces?
Why is the lgbtqa+ community so fatphobic and eager in trying to achieve an impossible body standard?
>>
because being a fat fuck is not healthy or attractive

theres quite a few reasons people may wish to be in shape or fit.
>>
>>8177780
Being fat is perfectly healthy and some people are just genetically predisposed to being bigger. Doesn't mean you should spout your fatphobia here, Michelle.
>>
I'm not fatphobic, Beavis, that would mean i am scared of them. No, I just cant fucking stand them.

And no it is not perfectly healthy, Burger King
>>
>>8177799
Shut the fuck up Michelle. Stop trolling.
>>
>>8177742
if im fat i wont be able to be happy
i already decided if i cant muster the energy to lose weight by 25 im killing myself
>>
>>8177819
>when you'd rather kill yourself than develop self discipline
sad!
>>
>impossible body standard
Something requiring effort doesn't make it impossible, or else people wouldn't be capable of looking that way at all
>>
>>8177864
Many are genetically predisposed to being large retard, they can't help it.
>>
>>8181394
Overweight or borderline maybe but not obese
>>
>>8181394

Large meaning tall, yes. Large meaning fat, no. If you eat little you'll be thin. If you eat a lot you'll be fat (or muscular). The eating rates may vary from person to person yes, but those basic rules hold for everybody except the very rarest of freaks (like, one in a million freaks, not the types you see at Walmart constantly).
>>
>>8177787

Take it to thisisthinprivilege.org. You need a hugbox with HEAVY moderation to keep that sort of pro-fat ideology safe. Being fat is disgusting to most people (even though it's also very popular, since it's extremely easy and the alternative requires thinking), and it's all-but-universally known to be unhealthy, at least in relatively wealthy societies where people listen to scientists occasionally.

There is probably a pro-fat subreddit I guess. That can work, if the moderators are harsh enough to keep the truth out. Maybe try asking there? If you ask in a relatively chaotic place like this then you're going to get too much truth for your liking.
>>
File: 0293874398.gif (500KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
0293874398.gif
500KB, 500x375px
>tfw I just lost 50lbs since september.
>tfw I can wear my old clothes.
>tfw I can get my knees behind my head.
and this is the second fucking time I've lost this fucking weight. fuck low self esteem and shitty boyfriends
I really hope I learned my lesson for real this time and don't let myself get sucked into that fucking bullshit again. I do NOT want to go through this shit a 3rd time.

it's really not that hard to lose weight, the most it is is tedious. and I've never let myself get over 200lbs. I got up to 190-something this last time and I felt like hot fucking garbage. down to 143 as of this morning and I feel like I'm floating. 8 more pounds and I'll be back to normal. I'm not even really dieting anymore, and the weight just keeps falling off by itself now.

this thread is obviously lame bait.. but its sad-cringy-funny that there are really people like this out there who make dumb excuses to be so damn lazy and unhealthy. I know they have to be feeling like a rancid sack of fucking crap, so they are putting a lot of time and energy into maintaining that delusion.
I mean, damn, fast/junk food tastes good.. but not THAT fucking good.
>>
>>8177742
>harmful dieting/fitness
there's nothing harmful about it!

>lgbtqa+ community so fatphobic
cause being fat is bad

i mean, people aren't trying to reach an "impossible body standard" they're just trying to look better. It's not impossible lmao. Although, for a delusional fatty it might seem that way

>>8177787
ahahahahha fatlogic. being fat is bad. like, objectively, it's a fact

>>8181394
>I-IT'S GENETIC GUYS! I'M JUST BIG BONED
take that shit somewhere else, it's bullshit. some people are genetically dispositioned to be bigger, meaning taller or to gain muscle more easily, which makes them look even worse when they are fat. But at the end of the day, it's too many calories that causes obesity.

People think genetically predisposed because if the parents are fat the kid will probably be fat. But that's not genetics, that's just that if the parents don't have good dieting and exercise habits, the kid's won't learn any either.
>>
>>8181700
good on you! I also find that the less you eat shitty food, the less you like it, which is sorta helpful
>>
>>8181700
What exercises did you do to lose weight? I'm currently biking and stretching regularly but I want to know if I should do more.
>>
>>8182280
I just did light stuff because I didn't want to really build muscle (yet, planning on rejoining my gym eventually). I just wanted to kinda get everything back into regular working order and get back into my routine without pushing myself too hard and killing my momentum.

squats (started @ 30lbs x 20, now up to 50lbs x 50)
bar curls (30lbs x 10, now 50lbs x 6 and added the dumbbell curls)
alternating dumbbell curls (started these because I'm struggling with the 50lb bar curls, just 15lbs x 20 really slowly trying to focus on some fucked up weak back/shoulder/chest muscles)
sit ups (20, started these late because I fucking hate sit ups, but I had to do them because my lower back was having trouble from the squats
pull ups (5)

I used to spend hours at the gym.. but I had terrible form back then.
Being this weak is kinda weird but I was out of shape for like 3 years and I'm taking this as an opportunity to start at the beginning and go slowly this time and not make so many fuck ups.
I'm really just fucking enjoying the fuck out of not being fat anymore at the moment. The muscles can wait a while.
>>
>>8177742
I'm trying to gain 20-30 lbs but still look attractive and healthy so I exercise
>>
File: Fit Body.jpg (33KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Fit Body.jpg
33KB, 640x426px
>>8177742

You're just a lazy fat fuck who refuses to stop eating garbage food and go exercise daily. Get off your ass once in a while, fatty.
>>
File: 1411277768605.gif (2MB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
1411277768605.gif
2MB, 450x360px
>>8177742
>eating disorders are bad
>stop being fatphobic
welp
>>
It can be simultaneously true that

- societal obsession with thinness is extreme to the point of unhealthiness and fosters mental illness in people

- acting prejudiced, mean, or cruel toward fat people is a completely ineffective and possibly counterproductive way to "help" them lose weight

- losing weight is difficult because of complicated genetic, nutritional, or mental factors (it's far more complex than calories in vs. calories out)

- being fat is incredibly, incredibly unhealthy, on the same level as smoking, and all the people who claim that it's fine are just operating with motivated reasoning
>>
>>8183941
To elaborate, yes, if you actually go read "thin privilege" blogs and whatnot, there is certainly a lot of crazy health-denialism there. Like, it's GOOD that the Western world is trying to make obesity go away! But a lot of it is also about receiving unfair treatment on the basis of their weight alone, or being shamed, both of which are obviously not great.

t. someone who weighs 115lbs (~52kg)
>>
>>8183941
>it's far more complex than calories in vs. calories out

wow you seem to have found a way to create energy out of nothing. better collect that nobel prize!
>>
>>8183941

>societal obsession with thinness is extreme to the point of unhealthiness

Is it though? Obviously people develop anorexia and all that sometimes, but something like twenty times as many people are fat in the US as have medically recognized eating disorders. Thin people aren't exactly worshiped; especially pretty people are, but not thin people. There are still too many of us left. We get treated better in general... but fatties get coddled. Call somebody fat, not even meaning to insult them or phrasing it as an insult, and you will probably offend whoever is nearby. "You can't just SAY that!" etc. It's expected to be fat, and even pushed. Women are more interested in being thin than in being healthy, but I call that a problem with the lack of normalization of weightlifting and general athleticism among ladies, and not so much a problem with overemphasis on thinness. I bet there are plenty of muscly women who get more snide comments about their muscles than fatties do for being fat. There are lots of things going on here and it's not clear that obsession with thinness is the main one.

>acting prejudiced, mean, or cruel toward fat people is a completely ineffective and possibly counterproductive way to "help" them lose weight

If enough people did it, and they did it hard enough, it would work. You hear about Japan doing that sort of thing, shaming people hard and keeping the fatties nipped in the bud... I dunno. It can easily fail if done one way, but maybe it can work if done another way.

>(it's far more complex than calories in vs. calories out)

Of course it is, but that's still a good enough leverage point to focus on. The "mental factors" are the hard thing to deal with. If a fat person could just have their mind effectively overridden temporarily, say via imprisonment, then CICO can be made to work for them: Put them in a cage and gradually reduce feeding until they're losing weight. It'll simply work, for 99.9999whatever% of fatties.
>>
>>8183861
>eating disorders are bad
do you seriously disagree with that? u a deluded skinnyfat with no idea what its like to actually have an ed
>>
>>8184234
See e.g. http://slatestarcodex.com/2017/04/25/book-review-the-hungry-brain/, which quotes:

>The [calories in, calories out] model is the idea that our body weight is determined by voluntary decisions about how much we eat and move, and in order to control our body weight, all we need is a little advice about how many calories to eat and burn, and a little willpower. The primary defining feature of this model is that it assumes that food intake and body fatness are not regulated. This model seems to exist mostly to make lean people feel smug, since it attributes their leanness entirely to wise voluntary decisions and a strong character. I think at this point, few people in the research world believe the CICO model.

But feel free to continue claiming the truth of simple models just because they support your preconceived worldviews.

>>8184979
>Is it though?
I mean, it's probably true that obesity is a bigger problem than over-thinness, I guess.

>You hear about Japan doing that sort of thing, shaming people hard and keeping the fatties nipped in the bud...
Well, ok, but as someone from an Asian cultural background, there are also a lot of other mental health issues that go along with the attitude of "constantly denigrating people in an attempt to change their behavior is good".

>Put them in a cage and gradually reduce feeding until they're losing weight.
The inhumanity of that aside, what are you going to do when you release them, and the underlying etiology of their obesity makes their weight increase back to pre-treatment levels?

If you're trying to convince fat people to lose weight, why would you purposefully point them toward a scientifically simplistic model of weight gain/loss for which you KNOW strong criticisms exist? Does that sound effective to you?
>>
I'm 6'1 and 205 lbs.

Tell me how to get to 160. Keep in mind that I'm an emotional eater and that food is the only thing in the world that lets me feel even the slightest hint of happiness and I want to kill myself every day and restricting calories makes me want to die.
>>
File: 8E1keAp.jpg (2MB, 3440x2805px) Image search: [Google]
8E1keAp.jpg
2MB, 3440x2805px
>>8177742
this girl has a chin a mile fucking long and she was banned from /r/ food for being too pretty. fat acceptance is bullshit, and people involved in shitty sjw cults like that do not care about impossible standards of beauty. otherwise this box horse faced beauty would be shilled everywhere when it is instead just being shilled by one annoying dyke on a south east asian rama carving forum.
>>
>>8185127
>food is the only thing that makes you happy
GOT IT!
watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3Ftj5E90tY
>>
>>8177742
who is this?
>>
>>8185166
That looks like a man tbqh
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.