[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Preparing for girl mode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1447563303411.jpg (34KB, 390x350px) Image search: [Google]
1447563303411.jpg
34KB, 390x350px
How do I (MtF) get ready to present as female? I'm over a year on HRT and I'm probably going to start presenting within a month or two. So far I've:

>trained my voice (still WIP; it's not cis tier, but I don't sound like a guy at least)
>picked a name

And that's about it. I'm really not sure how to proceed from here. Makeup and clothes seem so overwhelming to me. Does anyone know some good starting resources for those? What kind of clothes should I buy? What are some things to know, and what do you wish you knew when you first started?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>8162632
first grow your hair and see if people keep gendering you male or female
>>
How much effort do you put into taking care of your face / skin? If there is any room for improvement, DO IT!
>>
>>8162632

I'm gonna fuck you until you love me anon.
>>
>>8162632
>tfw fulltime for half a year and HRT for over two and still this with a better voice
>>
Can you tell me how to train my voice
>>
>>8162632
go shopping at a thrift shop and just try on things you're drawn to. 80% of the things you're gonna pick are going to look like shit, but you'll leave the store with 20% and you'll feel really confident.

keep doing this until you learn what kind of style you're after, then you can go shop at like, the mall
>>
Thank you for the replies, everyone!
>>8162771
Yup, I've grown out my hair and do fail boy mode from time to time.

>>8163734
I use moisturizing lotion several times daily and apply sunscreen before going out. I also wash my face with soap regularly. Is this sufficient?

>>8163762
From my experience, it's easy to train, but just takes a lot of practice. It helps to talk to yourself or read things out loud in your girl voice. Here's a good guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/asktransgender/comments/1ske7b/mtf_voice_training_regimen/

>>8163769
How much do clothes usually cost at a thrift store?
>>
>>8163874
i got the cutest dresses for like ... $7
>>
>>8163926
Thank you so much, anon! I'll make plans to visit the thrift store as soon as possible :)

By the way, how did you overcome the fear and anxiety (if you felt those) of presenting for the first time? I feel like the fear is just going to make me procrastinate on this even more.
>>
>>8163874
>>>8163734
>I use moisturizing lotion several times daily and apply sunscreen before going out. I also wash my face with soap regularly. Is this sufficient?

Steps;
>Hot water scrub
>exfoliate
>hot water scrub
>wash with soap of choice
>hot water scrub
>replace oils lost by washing

obviously shave before all of this
>>
Show pics.
>>
>>8164176
I'll keep this in mind. Thanks! How often should I do this? Thankfully I don't have facial hair, though.

>>8164184
I'm ugly though ;_;
>>
>>8164176
Washing your face with soap is one of the most damaging things you can do, if you have an oily/combination skin it will dry your face out and if you already have a dry skin it will completely damage it.

Buy a face wash/cleanser (could be in bar form) and wash your face that way. NEVER EVER use soap.

Also, using oils to replace the lost oils by washing doesn't work, your face produces natural oils and you can't mimic them with stupid products unless they're worth like $100.
>>
>>8162632
You're literally me. Thanks for making this thread, I really needed it.
>>
>>8162632
There is no such thing as 'presenting as female'. Just be yourself.
>>
>>8162632
>tfw gave up on all this and feels so good

I truly am a man
>>
File: 146890243578.jpg (66KB, 868x921px) Image search: [Google]
146890243578.jpg
66KB, 868x921px
>>8162632
1. Learn how to do your make-up by watching tutorials online and practicing a lot. Of course, do not do it, if you don't feel comfortable wearing make-up (like a lot of trannies on 4chan do).

2. This anon gave you some good advice (>>8164745), but please keep in mind that using soap for your skin is not bad for all skin types. If you have really oily skin, you might benefit from it (you might try aleppo soap or african black soap then; use only soaps with natural ingredients). If you do not have oily skin, a gentle cleansing milk will do it (Lavera Basis Cleansing Milk 2-in-1 is a good one, you can clean up your make-up with it, too, because it is gentle to your eyes). I personally recommend using a day cream and a night cream, too, especially if your skin tends to be dry (If you have dry skin: Do not use soap like that anon said and try not to shower too hot or keep your face from the hot water as good as you can while showering)

3. That anon gave good advice, too (>>8163769). Make sure that you can return the approx. 80% of the clothes that do not look good. Buying them online is a good idea at the beginning since you can order and return them easily for most of the time. Also I would keep them for a few days so you can think about it. Making pictures of yourself in the new clothes and looking at them from time to time helps. Return the item, if there is any doubt in you. Listen to your doubt! Keep the item only, if you really, really like it for the time of at least 3 days or so.
>>
File: 14651917231.jpg (70KB, 999x799px) Image search: [Google]
14651917231.jpg
70KB, 999x799px
As far as common mistakes are concerned:
Don't buy tops that show too much of your shoulders (like spaghetti tops or cold shoulder tops).
Don't buy jeans, pants or skirts that are too tight, like extra skinny jeans - unless you are able and comfortable with tucking really tight or you have someting to wear over them, e.g. a tight jeans worn with a cloth over (looks good in the summer since it's basically a "beach style").
Some general advice:
If you have troubles with your shoulders - most trannies do -, wear dark tops and bright pieces for your legs, one extreme of this version would be a black top and a white jeans, for example - not a bad combination in my experience! Do not underestimate the effect of colours. Black pants and a white top would probably do nothing good for you - not meaning you should never ever wear white tops, if you like them and look good in them.
Buy tops that give you something extra on your hips. There are tops that are wider at your hips - a huge advantage! You will not need to tuck as tightly and it will give you a more female shape. Also consider buying a hip padding pant (not for crossdressers, but for women, you're on hrt for 1 year already!). They will do you a great favor.

4. As far as tucking is concerned: You will have to go for little girls outside your comfort zones. And with some tucking methods you will need to retuck everything. Be aware of the fact that peeing may take more time from now on and might be more uncomfortable. This depends on your choice of clothes and your tucking method, of course. In general, a tight tucking method will take more time. Always take an "emergency kit" with you, if you tuck with tapes (you need tape and scissors then).

5. Where are you from? In some countries you can already get an identification paper designed for transitioners, e.g. Germany. Keep in mind that you may have to show your liscence in certain scenarios.
>>
File: 19834912634.png (631KB, 964x740px) Image search: [Google]
19834912634.png
631KB, 964x740px
6. As far as other people are concerned: The ones, who were really ugly to me during the hot phase of my transition, were people from my own family. But they remained the only ones, who said mean things to me. In my experience, people, who didn't know you before, or people, who are not "close" to you, will leass likely to be mean. They either don't care about your stuff, don't know you and think you're a girl, or are too afraid to say something.
For me, it were family members, who bullied me.

7. Last but not least: Get rid of your facial hair, if you haven't already done this. (It's one of the most important things you can do.) Consider getting a small hair transplant, if your hairline is really, really bad and you cannot cover it somehow with your own hair.

That's all I can think about right now. I wish you best luck =)
>>
Just buy unisex clothes. You don't need to go all the way on your first attempt.
>>
>>8165224
>As far as tucking is concerned: You will have to go for little girls outside your comfort zones. And with some tucking methods you will need to retuck everything. Be aware of the fact that peeing may take more time from now on and might be more uncomfortable. This depends on your choice of clothes and your tucking method, of course. In general, a tight tucking method will take more time. Always take an "emergency kit" with you, if you tuck with tapes (you need tape and scissors then).
I survived three years without tucking. Just don't wear tight pants.
>>
>>8165220
>>8165224
>>8165230
Thank you so much for the comprehensive advice, anon!

>Where are you from?
I'm from the US. There aren't any transitioner ID papers here, right?

>Get rid of your facial hair
And yeah, I'm very, very lucky that I never grew facial hair. My hairline did change during puberty, but HRT seems to be restoring it back to the female shape. I guess we'll see, though!

Sorry to hear about your family, by the way. My family isn't very kind to me about it, either, although they're at least tolerant about it. Hoping to move out ASAP.
>>
>>8169392
>"Thank you so much for the comprehensive advice, anon!"
My pleasure! I'm glad to help.

>"I'm from the US. There aren't any transitioner ID papers here, right?"
I can't tell you exactly, but I think you're right.

>"And yeah, I'm very, very lucky that I never grew facial hair. My hairline did change during puberty, but HRT seems to be restoring it back to the female shape. I guess we'll see, though!"
Happy you! I had facial hair and had to get it removed. The laser sessions were quite painful.
And good luck with your hairline, just give it some time! Many mtfs report that their hairlines got better.

>"Sorry to hear about your family, by the way. My family isn't very kind to me about it, either, although they're at least tolerant about it. Hoping to move out ASAP."
Some family members just need time to get along with the fact that one of their relatives are not cis. My mother needed more than one year, but after that she become one of the most supportive people in my life. Sometimes it's good to remember that it's hard to understand for others.
But, of course, there are family members, who are so rude and negative, that there is absolutely no excuse for their behaviour imho.
Maybe you have at least some relatives, who might be kind about your issue in the future. Even haven one or two supportive people is really nice and helps a lot.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.