[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of switching from Cypro to Bica but I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0050.jpg (181KB, 960x1231px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0050.jpg
181KB, 960x1231px
I'm thinking of switching from Cypro to Bica but I have a few questions.

I was originally thinking of buying Finasteride to compliment my Cypro but Cypro is giving me suicidal thoughts and Finasteride seems to cause depression in some people as well!

So I'm thinking that Bica is a good option for me since it doesn't seem to have the depression side effects of Cypro and blocks DHT as well as Finasteride. Is that correct?

Has your body hair really been "nuked" by Bica? My hair has thinned a bit on Cypro but definitely not to the point of having like no hair like some people on Bica have said!

Thanks in advance for the help.
>>
bump

Please help
>>
>>8160928
We don't know.
Most of us haven't even taken hormones.
Those of us who have, only tried one or the other.
Shouldn't you be asking a doctor?
>>
>>8162698
You realize that's not an option for some people right?
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 500x677px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 500x677px
>>8160928
>Cypro is giving me suicidal thoughts
please explain this, there might be a link to when I switched to Cypro an my mental slide. Is it worse if you only take cypro?
>>
>>8160928
Bica isnt a pure AA, it just blocks DHT and stops the effects of T but dosent lower it.

Whats your Cypro dose maybe its too high?

You could always switch to spiro
>>
>>8160928
your e levels are too low
>>
>>8162960
You mean take Cypro without an E or?

I've never taken an AA without estrogen.

Going from 50mg to 25mg made me go from suicidal to absolutely no motivation or desire to get out of bed.

>>8163090
Spiro caused me to having dizzy episodes and I fainted a couple times while on it as well. It lowered my blood pressure too much I think.

This was on the standard 100mg dose.

>>8163172
My last test showed my T at 20 ng/dL and my E at 98 pg/mL.

Those E levels are obviously low so I upped my E from 4mg Estrofem sublingually to 6mg, spread out evenly every 8 hours.

I'm looking to switch to E injections as well.
>>
>>8163196
>I upped my E from 4mg Estrofem sublingually to 6mg, spread out evenly every 8 hours.

when?
>>
>>8163196
>You mean take Cypro without an E or?
yes

is 25mg cypro too little to block all? Because if it's leaky and I'm slowly getting worse, then it's ad
>>
>>8163302
It's been a week or two.
>>
>>8163312
feel differently?

checked ur levels since?
>>
>>8163326
Slightly better I think?

I still get suicidal thoughts occasionally though, though much less on 25mg Cypro.
>>
>>8163311
I stopped having anything come out after a month on Cypro if that's what you mean.
>>
File: IMG_20170424_013330.jpg (2MB, 5312x3984px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170424_013330.jpg
2MB, 5312x3984px
Yeah, it's done well for my body hair definitely. Don't listen to the idiots who claim its no good because "it doesn't block test!!!" because it prevents test from having effect. The only negative of this is that you can't determine its effectiveness through blood tests.

Pic related is about two weeks of regrowth after epilation, I forgot it was getting warm out so I can't be hairless, although it pretty much looks that way anyway at this point.

Semen is clear and thin. Zero side effects. Would recommend /10 especially for self medders
>>
>>8164382
My T is already 20 pg/dL so Cypro has already nuked me, nothing comes out when i masturbate now.

Did you have any issues with hairline loss? My temples have receded and I was hoping that Bica would act as Finasteride as well without the depression side-effects.

Also, what is your dosage if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>8162698
>Most of us haven't even taken hormones.
lol!
>>
>>8164452
I did, but I also took and am taking finasteride. I have seen some regrowth but it's not enough to to make a female hairline.
I alternate taking half and quarter of a 150mg bicalutamide pill each day, which rounds to 56.25mg
And 1.25mg finasteride
>>
>>8164589
How bad was your hairline when you started?

I don't know if I can afford Bica AND Fin. x-x
>>
>>8164593
If you can only pick one ignore the fin. It's probably redundant anyway.
It was not severe but there was fairly significant recession in the corners and a bit in the middle. I'm not sure how really to describe it
>>
File: MPB Chart.gif (46KB, 285x471px) Image search: [Google]
MPB Chart.gif
46KB, 285x471px
>>8164600
Mine is about 1.5 on this scale
>>
>>8164602
I guess mine was a 1 or 2. It seems like the "no balding" option has some pretty significant balding already though..
>>
>>8164614
For a guy that's no balding but for a girl, yeah.

Just on Cypro alone I've started to get some regrowth, but nothing to write home about.

I'm just gonna do Bica and Minoxidil I think.

How much has your hairline lowered do you think? I have a pretty long face so I'm trying to cut as much off as possible lol
>>
>>8164622
well not that much really. one side has filled in nicely, and the other is thickening. and really you are probably thinking your middle hairline is more of a problem than it is if you weren't higher than nw ii. it's mainly the corners that pin a hairline as male, and the middle is often even higher in females
>>
Im on 200mg of spiro, I was thinking about trying Bica to see if it will help slow down hair growth. Granted i also take botin so that may be why it grows so much but still I want to see if I better results from it. Any suggestions?
>>
>>8163090
Bica is an antiandrogen though, it's just a nonsteroidal one which means as you said doesn't lower androgens by itself, however being on estrogen as well will do that eventually once the body gets used to that though.

Also recommending spiro ever, diy that's even more expensive than bica and you'd still need fina or duta as well for DHT.

Bica as far as my research goes blocks/occupies androgen receptors for both T and DHT, and does so extremely well, preventing any masculinization even if androgen levels currently are high.
It actually promotes feminization as well as it has an estrogenic effect, increasing the level of estrogen in the body.

>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicalutamide#Transgender_hormone_therapy

>>8162960
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyproterone_acetate#Vitamin_B12_deficiency
>>
>>8160928
While cyproterone acetate itself is a glcucorticoid antagonist, its various active metabolites are agonists there, such that the overall effect is a pro-glucorticoid effect. Glucocorticoid agonists are known to cause psychiatric side effects, including depression. Finasteride, a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor, also inhibits some random neuropeptide by pure coincidence, which could potentially cause depression. Bicalutamide should br able to block DHT just fine. If you want, blood test of PSA levels could potentially be used as a direct biomarker of androgen activity in patients without prostate cancer, reduction in PSA levels of 90% seen after 4 months on cyproterone acetate in a study, so you would want the same on bicalutamide, of course, the lack of pre-treatment PSA data from you would make this more difficult to use, as you would have to just use the normal male value of PSA and see if your levels are about 90% less than that.
>>
>>8162960
Please see the beginning of: >>8168888
>>
>>8168888
>>8168893
Of course, the B12 issue is likely a bigger contributing factor than glucocorticoid activity.
>>
>>8168910
See: >>8168795
>>
>>8163090
It is an androgen receptor antagonist, so it blocks both the T and DHT from binding to the androgen receptor. This is literally the closest thing to a pure antiandrogen, of course, it also has GABA-antagonist activity, but that id not an issue at these dosages.
>>
>>8168795
Estrogen levels increase as there is noe more free testosterone floating around in the blood, so there is more testosterone for aromatase to convert into estradiol, the most prominent estrogen in humans.
>>
>>8162960
Creating a state of (essentially) no sex hormones can cause adverse effects upon bone mineral density, lipid profile, mood, and cognition. Drop the AA, take E, or take a SERM.
>>
>>8168795
Yeah bica is currently the AA of choice for prostate cancer.
The main advantage of cypro over bica is that cypro has pretty direct effects on your testicular organs that causes them to atrophy quite quickly. But bica is a perfectly fine AA. It's not any better than cypro at anything in particular though, and the only reason it's the first choice for cancer is that cancer patients usually want to maintain testicular function.
>>
>>8164382
It could be possible to use PSA levels from a blood test to determine effectiveness. See the later part of: >>8168888
>>
>>8164452
Bicalutamide will act as an antiandrogen, a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor would not be useful in addition to bicalutamide. Minoxidil has a different mechanism for treating hair loss, it is not redudant but likely not needed anyway unless you already have some hair loss.
>>
>>8168577
What type of suggestions are you looking for?
>>
OP here, I'd just like to state that I've been on Cypro for 6 months so my equipment is already pretty compromised
>>
>>8169019
Fina is used with AAs all the time. It just helps make up for whatever the AA doesn't get
>>
>>8169033
Sorry, I was in a hurry when I posted that.
I meant to ask if it would be okay to take both at the same time or if I should cut back on/stop taking spiro while taking bicalutamide
>>
>>8169019
My temples have receded so I do have a bit of hairless even if it's just beginning.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.