[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do some people claim misgendering non-passable trans people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: sdfas1.png (173KB, 500x527px) Image search: [Google]
sdfas1.png
173KB, 500x527px
Why do some people claim misgendering non-passable trans people is alright? Wouldn't it be a perfect world if all the "hons" and "ayydens" got respectively called "madam" and "sir"? Of course only when their gender identity is clear.
I don't understand why people put "passing" on the pedestal – are we somehow worse/abnormal/incorrect that we have to look just like cis people to be treated appropriately and with dignity? I understand that looking passable helps with gender dysphoria, but passing isn't possible for everyone. I also understand that non-passable trans people are considered unattractive to most… but nobody should be required to conform to any superficial "beauty standards".

Also… unpopular opinions thread.
>>
File: question.png (334KB, 485x485px) Image search: [Google]
question.png
334KB, 485x485px
>>8129821
Is passing as big a deal for FTMs?

In the context of passing for MTFs society places value on women's appearance so passing is just an extension of that pertaining to trans-women

Men are judged by their appearance as well but its easier for them to get by on looking like a schlub with personality and status

>nobody should be required to conform to any superficial "beauty standards"
true but when strangers know nothing about you except your appearance it's the only factor they can use to make a judgement about you
>>
>hon fetishists who decided it was a good idea to wait until after puberty to transition
>trans and thus deserving of their desired pronouns
pick one
>>
>>8129821
its ok once.

if corrected but continued then is unacceptable.
>>
Here's the thing. I've transitioned at a young age. I faced every possible repercussion of this decision: bullying at school, the possibility of being kicked out of home, the difficulties in finding a job. And the HRT, it has side effects too: constant drowsiness, temporary loss of mental capabilities and such.
But despite all of this, I've prevailed. Live was hell, but I did not stop and I was fairly rewarded: I am now young, cute, passable and pretty girl. I believe that I deserve all the privileges of early transitioner and social recognition is the most important of them.
And these hons? They had it easy. They've transitioned at late age. They never had to face the issues I have faced. Their conformity has rewarded them with stable home, education and job opportunities. But the testosterone has done significant damage to their bodies and so they should accept the fact, that they will never look like a women, only as some caricature of one.
That's why it's only fair to call them for what they are. I had guts to transition at young age. They did not. I won't go out of my way to misgender them if they politely ask me, but they must realize that I won't accept them as equal to myself.
>>
>>8130298
>judging people by how much they have suffered
>>
>>8130298
Right, except you don't have to have transitioned at the point of being old, having a stable home, a good education, and job opportunities to be non passing. Mid-late teens and beyond is a dice roll as far as results go, to say nothing of families and other situations forcing them to wait until 18+. Would you honestly say it's justified to treat these people, victims of circumstance, as inferior to you? What about older ones (born in the early 1990s and before) who didn't even know transitioning was possible beyond jerry springer depictions?

Some people are luckier or unluckier than others. It's not a choice that most have the luxury of choosing. What they do have in common, though, is that they're all transgender and experience soul-crushing dysphoria. Nobody chooses to have this.

So I'd honestly recommend getting some empathy, anon. Things aren't quite as black and white as you might think.
>>
>>8129821
Because unlike sex, pronouns are a social construct (linguistic construct to be more specific.) If you want to get called he or she you need to fit society's standard for that. If you put the effort but still look like a man, and if the "man" is the first thing people on the street that see you think, how can you expect them to change something coming out of their mouths as a reflex? Do you expect people to adjust their natural speech to cater unpassing trans people, do you expect them to act out? Sorry if you put the effort but still can't pass.
>>
>>8130298
>Their conformity has rewarded them with stable home, education and job opportunities.
You are fully rewarded in all these ways by your female privilege. Hons were not and still won't be after transition.
>>
>>8130313
There is a *very* strong correlation between the age you start HRT and the end result. Honestly, after seeing dozens of unpassable hons, I still haven't encoutered one which started early and still ended being unpassable. And besides, these hons hardly ever put effort in their transition. They have manly voices, wear cheap wigs and don't even try to wear a make up.
>>8130304
You haven't understood a thing from my post.
>>8130339
I did not have that privilige in the most crucial period of my life, when I was transitioning. Hons on the other hand, have obtained skills and education that allows them to work and have comfortable housing by using their conformity and unwillingness to transition.
>>
>>8130298
what age did you start hrt?
>>
>>8130384
16. Puberty blockers are unavailable where I live.
>>
Uh mostly because it benefits me since i pass flawlessly, and i get to step over hons and be cute
>>
File: 1568728177.jpg (70KB, 929x960px) Image search: [Google]
1568728177.jpg
70KB, 929x960px
>Queued for the NHS gender services at 15
>Self medding blockers at 16
>6'6'' and masculine as hell
Just b urself lol
>>
>>8130363
>Hons on the other hand, have obtained skills and education that allows them to work and have comfortable housing
Hons were set back in all these ways by their lack of female privilege.
>>
>>8130438
>female privilege
get the fuck out
>>
>>8130416
Oh also i started transitioning 5 months from my 21st birthday and i pass better than early transitioners. Its all genetic
>>
>>8130298
How bout you check your privilege
>>
>>8130439
???
>>
>>8130467
>claim to be a trans "woman"
>be a men's right activist and talk about stuff that aren't real
>>
>>8130453
I've earned my privilege.
>>
>>8130429
based poster
>>
>>8130298
post pic, i want to see
>>
File: 1304699899.jpg (88KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1304699899.jpg
88KB, 900x600px
>>8130489
>>
>>8129879
>In the context of passing for MTFs society places value on women's appearance so passing is just an extension of that pertaining to trans-women

Why are trans women such superficial pieces of shit?
>>
>>8130605
Lel im not? I mean im pretty and i take super care of myself but i have a degree and i have passions and hobbies that arent videogames like reading poetry and gardening but if you want to interpret it that way go for it
>>
>>8130474
Women can't be MRAs?
>>
>>8130298
its post like these that remind me my life as repressed women beater was worth it.
>>
>>8130769
Yes, because they have the experience that denies the existence of "female privilege".
>>
>>8131033
>he doesn't know about all the female mras
>>
>>8130298
>My only positive quality is that I am pretty now, and therefore I will judge everyone based on that sole quality because I demand to feel better about myself
Have fun being a stuck up bitch anon, the estrogen has sure worked wonders on you.
>>
>>8129821
>>8130081
i agree with this, though it's not completely that simple. there really do exist people who genuinely don't put any effort in, obviously don't experience dysphoria and call themselves trans anyway, etc. i still probably wouldn't misgender them if corrected because it wouldn't help me to be seen as a hypocrite.
>>
>>8131391
But he's almost like a real girl
>>
>>8130363
>Hons on the other hand, have obtained skills and education that allows them to work and have comfortable housing by using their conformity and unwillingness to transition.
You're an idiot. What about people who transitioned in their late teens and 20s and can't pass? Do you really think they've been afforded the benefits of "male privilege"? They have it the worst of any tran people.

You're a cunt, by the way.
>>
>>8129821
I think it depends on the context. Do you mean a complete stranger accidentally calling a trans woman who doesn't pass 'he'? Because there's zero wrong with that. Or a new friend who slips up sometimes? Nothing wrong with that, either. Just correct people politely and move on.

If you're a dick about it, though, and jump down someone's throat for getting it wrong the first time, or slipping up without meaning to, then you should expect people to be assholes back.
>>
>>8130439
Lesbian here, female privilege is 100% a thing. There are different benefits and downfalls to being either gender in society.
>>
>>8131391
I wonder where did you get that idea from, you jealous hon.
>>8132080
>late teens
most of them pass, as I've said before
>20s
they didn't face repercusion in high school. Also, at 20s you are more than able to move out and live on your own. It's not a luxury you can afford at 16.
> you're a cunt
Is the truth so painful for you?
>>
>>8129821
I mean, I always find it kind of ironic and sad more than anything else.

Like, I hate Caitlin Jenner for example, she's utter trash, but calling her 'Bruce' as an insult is basically saying "sure, I accept you for who you are as long as I like you".
Kinda like how calling OJ Simpson a nigger doesn't make you any less racist.
>>
>>8132820
Your text, and your cliché butthurt response. Also I'd never want to be the petty character that you are describing here, pretty or not.

Let me guess, you are american, right? I'd be surprised if you weren't...
Well, since you shared your story, let me take a different approach and paint you a story that is outside of your little bubble: rural Eastern Europe.

Few years after I was born, only one side of my family remained because parents were dumb. Then when I was a teenager, my father literally told me that if I was gay or anything like that (he probably suspected it), he'd disown me, and make the rest of the other side of my family disown me as well. My options were to repress, or become a homeless junkie, not even able to finish high school.

So I decided to kill myself (not attempt, planned and sure), I was determined, and only avoided it due to sheer luck. It just turned out that I was a fast learner. Since I had nothing to lose, I begun to do nothing else but study and sometimes drugs. I wanted to see nothing of this world, but live in my books, and just give it one more year, to see if things maybe change. And then suddenly I couldn't kms anymore because I was just doing good, really good. I got a scholarship, went to university, struggled, but eventually got a job I could do in parallel, and finally started hrt in my early 20s. I don't talk to any part of my family anymore.

>high school bad wah wah wah
Did they actually bully you? Physically? Or did someone just call you a fag on facebook, and a few others laughed? Because I sure was beaten and assaulted multiple times, just for looking weak and genetically somewhat feminine.

Now you're telling me that maybe you'll consider caring about my gender identity if i "ask you nicely"? I have suffered just as much as you, or possibly more. I bet you even took prescription meds, payed for by your parents or healthcare.
But what do I know, I'm just a jealous hon, right? Well Eat A Dick.
>>
>>8133595
While I respect what you must have gone through, That's an unfair and cynical worldview. Not everyone has that kind of fortitude, or will. It's great that you do, and all, but you shouldn't WANT people to suffer as you did. It's not going to make what you've gone through any better, and just ultimately encourages the fear they have to go through in the first place.
>>
>>8133595
But I'm not american. I've stated in my previous post that I'm not from a country in which puberty blockers are not avaible. Puberty blockers are widely available in the United States. Are you unable to read? Unable to think? Or are you simply blinded by hatred for someone actually succesful?
>Did they actually bully you?
Yes. Physically, emotionally, verbally.
>I bet you even took prescription meds, payed for your parents or healthcare.
And you lost the bet. Yes, the drugs here are generally cheap. But they're not free and my parents would rather bury me alive than spend a dime for my meds.
Look, I'm sorry for your suffering. But that does mean you should insult someone had the guts to make the right thing. And if you actually got into the point of my posts, you'd realize I'm not targetting you - I'm targetting older transitioners, who used their male privilige and conformity to have an easy and decent life, including education and job opportunities, and only started transitioning in their 30s and 40s.
Look at my first post again and let go of your rage.
>>
>>8134235
Meant to say: I'm not a country in which puberty blockers are available, as in >>8130407. The typos are real, so I'm heading to bed. Have a nice night.
>>
>>8132820
>Is the truth so painful for you?
I transitioned earlier than you, hon. I probably pass better than you do. Doesn't make you any less of a cunt, cunt. Unlike you, I know and understand my privilege and actually have empathy. Amd if you think people at 18 (earliest age most can reasonably transition at) are in that significantly a better position than someone in their early 20s, you're sadly mistaken. What did they do to deserve your scorn? Nothing but be less fortunate. Simple as that. Even people in their 20s very rarely have the kind of financial and career success that you seem to think they have.

Even if you're really as cute and pretty as you say (I doubt it), it's abundantly clear that you're a horrible, ugly human being inside.
>>
>>8129821
> I also understand that non-passable trans people are considered unattractive to most… but nobody should be required to conform to any superficial "beauty standards".

Not even normal cispeople can avoid "superficial beauty standards"
fat women are called landwhales
short guys are called manlets
and so ugly trans are called hons and ayydens

It's just how it works, there's always someone who will be an asshole and throw shit to others just because how they look
>>
>>8133727
What do you mean? I didn't say that I want people to suffer, and I don't. I was just going by the logic of the person I replied to to point out that later transitioners don't necessarily suffer less.

>>8134235
>>8134253
I guess I misjudged you then. My goal was not to insult you by the way, I just like thrash-talking sometimes.
Anyway, my point was to highlight that it is not true that early transitioners always have to suffer more. You have to judge people on a case by case basis. But when you go and say things like
>I won't accept them as equal to myself.
You come off as condescending and insufferable, and often not even rightfully so, not even by your own standards, I'm glad you feel like you've been through the worst, but that doesn't mean you can be oblivious to others now.

>Meant to say: I'm not a country
sorry to hear that
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.