[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I saw this movie recently and I've realized I think I might

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 14

File: YourName-heading.jpg (107KB, 2000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
YourName-heading.jpg
107KB, 2000x1200px
I saw this movie recently and I've realized I think I might be gender non-conforming. I've always wished I was born a girl, but I never realized that it might be a larger part of who I am until now. I'm really scared and confused. How do you know if you're trans? What am I supposed to do? I'm 20 btw.
>>
File: 1405799470401.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1405799470401.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>8107946
How do you "just realize" that you're GNC?
>>
>>8107973
Stop this.
>>
>>8107973
My family has always ridiculed me for being effeminate by doing things like calling me pussy, princess, salad tosser, etc. I think I've been pushing out of my mind for a long time and didn't know how to come to terms with it. I didn't know how to accept myself as a feminine person. It's crossed my mind that I might be trans before but it seemed ridiculous because I didn't know how to relate to people who were trans and so I thought that meant that I wasn't trans.
>>
[spoiler]

I was so sad when the characters ended up in a hetero relationship at the end. I wanted a cute trans story for once.
>>
>>8107946
Ive been told you should look to your past, learn the symptoms of dsyphoria and see similarities. The other thing would be experimentation, and frustratingly time. Im not expert, but Im new to this thing too and wondering. These are the conclusions I came too.
Also, was the film any good? thinking bout watching it.
>>
>>8107946
You can't really know.

Ask yourself a few questions:

Do you enjoy your male physical features?

Do you enjoy having them perceived by others?

Does the possibility of becoming more masculine frighten you?

Do you find the idea of others enjoying you for your male features repellant?

Do you feel an impulse to defend your masculinity or femininity?

If so, what is threatening?

Depending on how you feel about the answers, you might go over to hrtgen and book an appointment with a therapist if that is convenient.

>>8107973
kill yourself or fuck off
>>
File: 235d.jpg (22KB, 248x318px) Image search: [Google]
235d.jpg
22KB, 248x318px
>>8107946
>I've realized I think I might be gender non-conforming.
>I've always wished I was born a girl
How did you not connect the dots until now?
>>
What is this anime?
>>
>>8108061
filename
>>
hi cara

it's 'you know who' ;)
>>
>>8108039
idunno, I played it off in my head that it was just a quirk or that it was just a passing curiosity, but I realize now that it's been very persistent all of my life. I remember when I was a kid in boy scouts, I was always very sad and I would cry when I had to go but I never had the language to express or even understand what made me so sad about going. It was the pressure to be masculine that I couldn't cope with because it felt alien to me to be that way.
>>8108061
The name of the movie is a little confusing because it's unorthodox. Your Name. with the period is the title.
>>8108072
No, sorry, I'm not Cara
>>
>>8108039
I'm not them and may be cishet but I've just used to think that I really wanted female privilege. Feeling oppressed by social norms, and not due to trannydom.
May be a sign when you consider it female privilege to be able to be proud of your strength and not be ashamed of it though.
My dislike for masculinity could be explained by a anti-masculine society brainwashing me into disliking it
>>
>>8107985
Or what?
>>
>>8108109
Nothing, just stop being so mean.
>>
>>8108026
>Do you enjoy your male physical features?
not really, no. At best, they're tolerable
>Do you enjoy having them perceived by others?
not at all
>Does the possibility of becoming more masculine frighten you?
It doesn't frighten me, but it seems like a foreign concept to imagine myself as a big muscly guy
>Do you find the idea of others enjoying you for your male features repellant?
I've been in hetero relationships before and I could never understand how my partners could find me attractive. I thought maybe it was just because I thought I was ugly. It's just a foreign concept to me to enjoy being enjoyed as a male. I think I'm beginning to realize that this is why I couldn't be satisfied in any of my past relationships, because I wasn't being appreciated for who I really am and it bothered me.
>Do you feel an impulse to defend your masculinity or femininity?
I don't really know what that would entail or what this question really even means.
>>
File: ModernMan.png (1MB, 3200x4136px) Image search: [Google]
ModernMan.png
1MB, 3200x4136px
>>8108157
The last one implies that, if you read something like pic related, would you feel offended and feel an innate urge to defend you masculinity/male self against it, or side with it due to having a tightly-held male identity?
>>
>>8108184
*siding with it also implies a male identity
>>
>>8108184
who the fuck spends $400/month on weed
>>
>>8108184
I'm >>8108157
Did you mean to ask if I feel an innate urge to defend my femininity/ female self? Otherwise both of the options you're giving me are the same. Either way I don't like the image, because I feel like it's pushing me into a box I don't belong in, and trying to prevent me from thinking about who I am. It's a clusterfuck of an image and I couldn't be bothered to read most of it.
>>
File: 1484038350351.jpg (66KB, 742x856px) Image search: [Google]
1484038350351.jpg
66KB, 742x856px
>>8108219
It's just to see if contextualize yourself in any sort of male paradigm. If you contextualized yourself as the male in that image, or as the male masculine "alternative" to that, you have a male identity as those are both forms of male prostration around society.
>>
>>8108233
What if she wants to defend the man in it because she's attracted to masculine men, not because she conceptualizes herself as one?
>>
>>8108233
No, actually, I don't think I contextualized myself as the male in that image. I was averse to that and I certainly wasn't contextualizing myself as the implicit alternative macho-man. That image is full of spooks and pseudoscience anyway. Why can't people just be how they are and not be shoehorned into one of two given stereotypes? I feel like you're trying to force me to realize that I'm not actually trans. You should kill yourself.
>>
>>8108020
you and everyone else should definitely see this movie
>>
>>8108263
>I feel like you're trying to force me to realize that I'm not actually trans.
He's a shitposter who does this to everyone.
>>
>>8108270
Why hasn't he been banned?
>>
>>8108272
If only we knew.

Avatarfagging is also against the rules but he gets away with that too.
>>
You sound a lot like me, OP. I "realized" the root of my exaggerated femininity when I came to terms that crossdressing while drunk was just a long-repressed desire coming out. I started living like that, and after about a week realized I was happier living as a woman. I was 20 as well.

My suggestion would be to spend some time out and about in the world as a girl, if that is in any way whatsoever doable. Even being a little androgynous. Do it as much as possible. If, after a little while, you think this is the right thing to do, get a therapist and start talking about hormones (they're amazing, if you don't want kids don't hesitate a damn second, take it from me at this age every day counts!)
>>
>>8108348
Do you pass?
>>
>>8108354

Yes - enough that I can't buy alcohol without having to recite every detail on my ID card (can't afford to file the paperwork yet)

However, I'd give myself an 85% tops. My forehead is too large, I'm 5' 10", and my shoulders are broad enough to land an airplane on. I pass but if you know what to look for or catch me without makeup on it's not hard to tell.

Still, I'm happier looking at myself in the mirror today than I was 4 years ago.
>>
>>8108272
The mod is straight and good friends with him.
>>
also this is a Your Name. discussion thread
>>
>>8107973
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>8107946
I literally just saw this movie because of your post.
It was beautiful. Thank you

tfw crying
>>
>>8108921
YES, I know. At the end I just felt like I was more myself and then I ruminated on it for hours until it hit me.
>>
Just dropping by to mention that there is literally nothing wrong with dressing how you want to dress, acting how you want to act, getting surgeries/hormones to change how you look if you want to, changing your name if you want to, and asking your friends to refer to you by different pronouns if you want to, or doing any combination of those things or none of those things. There's also nothing wrong with experimenting with things and seeing how they make you feel, and there's nothing wrong with being "in between" in regards to how you feel or how you look (aside from safety concerns).

The only thing "wrong" with any of these stems from what other people might do to you because of it. Of course you have to keep your safety in mind. But other than that, don't buy into bullshit about being trans enough/not trans enough/whatever. Obviously you are still trying to figure out what is right for you and where you fall in all of this, but there are some trolls on this board who will try to discourage you and try to make you feel like shit no matter what you do. Labels are there to help you figure things out about yourself and discuss your feelings, but not to confine you. I'm probably gonna catch heat for a post like this but I really don't give a shit about this place so whatever. It's very natural and common for people to feel out of step with their body or their gender role or their physical sex or their concept of "gender identity" and it happens to some degree in pretty much all cultures and all time periods. It's not actually a big deal.
>>
>>8108959
OP here
[spoiler]THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU[/spoiler]
>>
>>8108959
i like this post
>>
A rose by any other name is still a rose.
>>
>>8108990
I agree, it should be a copypasta, or a stickied post.
>>
>>8109005
>A man in a dress with another name is still a man

>A girl who was born a boy is still a girl

deep...
>>
>>8108194
lmao I thought the same thing when I first saw that image, what the fuck

>>8108157
get on blockers, anon
qhi.co.uk
bicalutamide is expensive but will preserve fertility and dick function for longest giving you ages to make up your mind for certain w/o ill effect

you sound pretty trans to me though and I reckon the more you notice increased masculinisation with age, the more you're gonna come to the same conclusion
>>
>>8108959
>>8108975
also this
let treating physical dysphoria guide your actions on this first and foremost
>>
>>8109755
>Preserve...for longest
How much time will it give me? Also, I can't find bicalutamide on this website under anti-androgen. How legal is this even and do they ship to the states? Thank you for your help.
>>
>>8108039
Cognitive dissonance is a helluva drug.
I wanted to be a girl since I was 7 but didn't accept that I could be trans until I was 25 and several months on hormones
>>
>>8110515
Months at the least, possibly indefinitely
QHI lists it under Hormones for some reason even though it's an AA
Should be fine with US customs as long as you order three packs or less at a time, 50mg a day
>>
>>8111416
it really is

when i was a tween i read the twilight series self inserting as bella, got super into the relationships and shit, and still thought i was cis straight dude lol
>>
>>8107946
I've been planning on watching this. I'll probably watch it today to be honest.
>>
>>8107946
That movie was pretty good some parts of it made me feel kinda dysphoric then others just made me sad. I wish I was a girl but that being said I'm 23 and it just wouldn't work out for me. I wish I had the courage to just come out and do everything regardless of the consequences when I was a teen. If you really really would rather be a girl than a boy you're probably trans. It takes a lot of questioning to figure it out for yourself. If you really want to know spend like a few days really really looking it up and you'll probably come to the realization that you're trans or not. It took me until 22 to figure it out completely and accept it. Try going to some place like r/asktransgender reddit is cancer but look for people talking about questioning if they're trans or having doubts and see if you relate to how they feel. I figured I had to give you a decent answer because I really liked that movie anyways good luck with everything.
>>
>>8107946
> I've realized I think I might be gender non-conforming.
Trans and gender non-conforming are two completely different things.
>>
File: 1432237876182.jpg (14KB, 220x276px) Image search: [Google]
1432237876182.jpg
14KB, 220x276px
>>8116413
>I wish I was a girl but that being said I'm 23 and it just wouldn't work out for me.
Do it anyway you fucking idiot. You're not even that old. Are you actually gonna let 4chan memes ruin your entire future?
>>
>>8116582
I turn 24 in a few more months and it's not only being old that I'm worried about. I have a fair share of problems and it would be really unfortunate to add more by losing my family and friends and still looking like a man. Sometimes I think it might be worth trying anyways though.
>>
>>8116639
You'll regret it.
One day you'll realize you need the hormones and become an ultrahon.
Or kill yourself.

Start now.
>>
OP here with an update after much self-reflection and acceptance.
I'm definitely a girl on the inside and I've been in denial for as long as I can remember.
>>8111474
I'm going to either see a doctor or just order the bica online as soon as I talk to my therapist on Tuesday.
>>
>>8107973
Fpbp

Op is an attention whore who just got into anime too much. Wait fk I described 90% of the 'trans' people on this board
>>
File: 1489832341368.jpg (773KB, 3300x2240px) Image search: [Google]
1489832341368.jpg
773KB, 3300x2240px
>>8118006
Yo Op thanks a fuckton for making this thread, just watched the movie and it was so freaking stunning and amazing i got tears.

Good luck with the transistion comrade!
>>
>>8118543
>calling me a whore
>reaffirming my gender identity
>thinking this helps your efforts
kek, all it does is make me feel good
>>8119346
Thank youuuuu, comrade
>tfw I was self-identifying with Alunya this whole time
>>
File: dontmate.jpg (171KB, 830x1062px) Image search: [Google]
dontmate.jpg
171KB, 830x1062px
>I watched anime now I'm consumed with gender dysphoria and fully geared up to toss away my chance at ever having a normal healthy family life and do a backflip down the rabbit hole

Sounds about right. Welcome friend.
>>
>>8119830
I'm fairly certain I would never marry and reproduce even if I didn't transition.
>>
>>8123755
Yeah, even before I came to this realization, I was having trouble visualizing myself in a relationship with a wife and child for the rest of my life
>>
Get a life my dude.
>>
>>8125651
I've found it, friendo
>>
>>8107985
then you wouldn't buy hrt.
>>
File: 1432976184326s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1432976184326s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>8107946
>I might be gender non-conforming
trans is the word you are looking for you goofy baka
>>
>>8107946
Being a man rules. Dont let them convince you into degrading.
>>
>>8132451
thank you desu
>>8132515
Fuck you, I'm not a man, and being who I am isn't degrading
>>
File: hiroshi_disgust.png (70KB, 204x203px) Image search: [Google]
hiroshi_disgust.png
70KB, 204x203px
I want to see Your Name. but I don't usually go to movies alone. There was this guy on an app that seems to be a mega-weeb that I could go with. He seems nice but he's implied that literally all he likes is anime and videogames (mostly as a Nintenyearold). I have strong weeb tendencies myself (hence wanting to see the damn movie) but I do have other interests as well and I'd either like to expand on those other interests or learn more about completely new things, not just my old standbys of tv and jrpgs.

Should I go for it with him or go alone? And was it worth all the hype?
>>
>>8136487
This movie is feels the movie. Don't watch it if you don't want to cry like a little girl. If you feel comfortable being vulnerable in front a stranger, then go see this movie with him. Either way, you have to see this movie, because it's worth the hype.
>>
>>8136487
You can always watch it online that's what I did. I literally don't know anyone who would want to go to see an anime movie with me irl so I just pirated it. It was actually really good I liked it a lot. I almost cried but since I'm a really manly emotionally dead person I didn't.
>>
Do I have shit taste for finding this movie boring and not finishing it?

I think a synopsis I read made me think the characters were actually dreaming of swapping spots before it happened, and when that turned out not to be the case I lost interest in it.
>>
>>8137176
Yeah that's shit taste
>>
>>8137201
It just seemed like every other Makoto Shinkai flick I've seen, only a little more upbeat and humorous because of the premise.
>>
File: MQeJNPc.gif (843KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
MQeJNPc.gif
843KB, 500x281px
>>8137176
>>8137252
>>
>>8137260
Was also drunk at the time so maybe that did it. Should give it a second chance maybe.
>>
>>8107946
I really enjoyed that movie a lot. It did make me realize how much I wish I was a real girl and that added to the sadness.
>>
>>8108268
is it The Skin I Live In?
>>
>>8140423
Your Name.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5311514/?ref_=nv_sr_1
>>
>>8140442
Oh. It's a Chinese Cartoon. Dropped.
>>
>>8140531
Chinese cartoons are the only thing worth watching
>>
File: 1478620611963.jpg (55KB, 700x635px) Image search: [Google]
1478620611963.jpg
55KB, 700x635px
>>8142749
see>>8119830
>>
>>8143849
as if I'm going to marry and reproduce as a tranny if I stopped watching anime
>>
If I want to be a girl but I'm not interested in guys makes me lesbian or what
>>
>>8116648
some people are already a 6'4" tower and can't be helped tho
>>
is this movie actually good or just overwrought trite nonsense
>>
>>8144566
I liked it It was a feels movie
>>
File: 1442756028727.gif (2MB, 352x217px) Image search: [Google]
1442756028727.gif
2MB, 352x217px
>>8143955
Height is a meme, if you pass in every other way you'll be mostly fine. Passing is never a guarantee, so giving up before you even try is just sealing your faith. You should be completely ready for not passing and accept that. If you don't go through treatment because you think passing is all I seriously question if you're actually transsexual. Yes, it's what we all want, but you're also staving off malehood because anything is better than that. Getting halfway and almost making it should make you feel better than before. The hormones should make you feel good even if you don't completely pass.

Of course I wish for all trans people to be granted their wish of passing, but it's FAR from the big dealbreaker /lgbt/ wants to make it out to be.
>>
File: 3ae.gif (404KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
3ae.gif
404KB, 340x340px
>>8143866
ftm can do it so can you
>>
>>8144566
it was pretty good give it a try
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.