[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why am I so fascinated with girls as a gay guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: smtimes.jpg (47KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
smtimes.jpg
47KB, 720x544px
This is also a pattern I've noticed in a lot of other gay guys too. Ever since I was young I always loved Britney Spears and was fascinated with everything about her, as well as a few other female pop-stars/groups like Mariah Carey, Aaliyah, Brandy, TLC, etc. I picked girl characters more often than guy characters in most video games, and I was usually friends with girls growing up. This was all before I even knew 'gay' existed and before I had sexual feelings. Then during my teen years I was obsessed with reality shows like Flavor of Love and America's Next Top Model, etc. Even now I'm marathoning the Bad Girls Club season 2 lmao. I've always had a huge affinity for women and how they looked despite never having any sexual desire for them.

My question is why..? Are gay men's brains different, like more feminized/feminine/wired to relate to girls better? Does anyone know? It's not like any of this actually serves any use for me in the real world.

>inb4 HSTS
I have no dysphoria and am totally comfortable being a man.
>>
>>8095214
You have shit taste
>>
>>8095214
>I have no dysphoria and am totally comfortable being a man.
Yeah because it's a spectrum and you're down it enough to be feminized but not enough to be dysphoric.
>>
>>8095220
But why is it that way? I never claimed it was good, I have "good" taste in things too - my whole life doesn't just revolve around things like that but it was a huge part of growing up for me.
>>
you should have been born female and deep down your brain knows it
>>
>>8095228
Or because it's multiple spectrums, one of feminine/masculine and one of cis/trans. Why don't retarded blanchardians acknowledge this despite the severe level of evidence for it?
>>
You like what you like, feminine and masculine don't exist. You likely just didn't have people shaming you into the right direction.
>>
>>8095246
Where's the evidence for two spectrums?

If you're inventing a cis/trans spectrum you also need to explain what being trans actually is. Blanchardians can do it. Why can't you?
>>
>>8095214
Because you like it. There's no weird psychologically behind this, everyone was really into Britney, that's how she became popular.
>>
>>8095228
So am I like feminized enough to be gay but not feminized enough to be trans?

>>8095262
I did have people shaming me all the time though, I grew up in a very conservative household but it just made me hide all of my interests from people instead of stopping me being interested in them.
>>
>>8095279
Then maybe you didn't like being shamed and it just made you like what you like even more, I don't know. Point is it's not inherently "feminine".
>>
>>8095214
You can identify with patterns in their behavior and aesthetic taste without having gender dysphoria.
The proposed mechanisms for producing gays and trannies does involve an excess of estrogen during the later stages of pregnancy, either through a breakdown in the mother's ability to produce testosterone or epigenetic insensitivity to testosterone.
I've heard that brain scans have found similarities between gays and women, although the research is scant and our understanding of the functions of brain structures is very new.
>>
>>8095279
Yes. Feminized enough to be feminine on top of being gay rather than "straight acting gay" but still short of trans.

This is what HSTS theory is basically. That there's a spectrum. Before hitting obviously trans there will be slightly dysphoric individuals who may or may not transition depending on their circumstances.
>>
>>8095309
>Before hitting obviously trans there will be slightly dysphoric individuals who may or may not transition depending on their circumstances.
is this sort of a 'damned if you do damned if you don't' situation? like if someone's only slightly dysphoric, wouldn't they feel at least slightly dysphoric if they full-on transitioned too?
>>
>>8095344
Maybe, but it could go the other way too, where they might be able to be comfortable and lose their dysphoria whether they transition or not. All down to personal circumstances and how comfortable they've learned to be.

But as you're totally happy as a guy you're safe from that tricky middle spot!
>>
>>8095344
>>8095362
>what is a femboy?
>>
>>8095214
There are plenty of cis straight guys like you. The only reason you see more gay men who are obsessed with women and femininity is because we're expected to be. Society tells us straight guys are supposed to be butch and gay guys are a girl's best friend so fem straight guys hide it. Whether you're butch or fem has nothing to do with being straight or gay and has all to do with how you grew up. Your parents and your childhood friends made you this way whether or not you want to change it, not that you should, is in your control because it's a matter of nurture instead of nature
>>
>>8095398
>Whether you're butch or fem has nothing to do with being straight or gay and has all to do with how you grew up.
How do you know that though?

If how feminine you are is just how you were raised, how come mtfs are feminine despite being raised as boys?
>>
>>8095411
Because they're talking out of their ass
>>
>>8095478
Of course you would never accept that tier of argument from someone disagreeing with you.
>>
>>8095214
Because we don't have to pretend to hate stuff like this, also girls are more fun to hang around with/talk to.
>>
>>8095793
>also girls are more fun to hang around with/talk to.
H S T S
S
T
S
>>
>>8095802
I WISH
>>
>>8095214
I really want to know the answer to this, and also why lesbians write the most m/m slash fanfiction
>>
>>8095411
Mtfs act fem because if they don't they get accused of being transtrenders
>>
>>8095214
Because girls are much better as people and make better friends who actually care about your emotions. Women can hold a meaningful conversation a lot better than some man can. Plus we can talk about the most attractive guys since normie chads always get so defensive over their straightness when talking about other guys.

I'm also not some tranny. Even though my first best friend was a girl and now my only friends are women, I don't have dysphoria.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.