[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If gender is just a social construct based around the stereotypes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1490392500257.png (48KB, 378x378px) Image search: [Google]
1490392500257.png
48KB, 378x378px
If gender is just a social construct based around the stereotypes and expectations of a biological sex, why do transgender people feel the need to undergo cosmetic surgery to look more like the other biological sex? What's wrong with being a biological female who just relates more to the gender expectations of a male?
>>
>>7988153
Because the "gender is just a society-wide meme that's lasted for thousands of years, it's not actually REAL" thing is just a crock of shit.
>>
File: JustTheField.jpg (197KB, 366x503px) Image search: [Google]
JustTheField.jpg
197KB, 366x503px
>>7988153
Google gender dysphoria mate. Also
>What's wrong with being a biological female who just relates more to the gender expectations of a male?

Literally nothing. Which is why Ruby Rose is such a bitch.

Fun fact Garfield has been through a lot of evolutions. pic related is something I painted a while back.
>>
>>7988153
Because if you look like a female/male you will get treated as one. The only way to switch your gender social construct is to switch which sex you look like.

If there were no gender roles, no "transgender people" would want the surgery.
>>
>>7988187
>Because if you look like a female/male you will get treated as one
That actually makes sense
But what does it say of the people who are offended at the notion that some trans people don't "pass"?
>>
>>7988187
>If there were no gender roles, no "transgender people" would want the surgery.

Not true because of sex/body dysphoria.
>>
>>7988286
We usually lie to ourselves that we are somehow mentally the other sex, as if that's not a social construct, so saying someone doesn't pass ruins the lie and forces them to admit being the other gender is dependent on being read as one.
>>
>>7988299
Dysphoria is caused by knowing you don't look like the sex you want to be gendered as. It's purely psychological.
>>
>>7988369
But then nobody would get the surgery anyway, because nobody actually sees your penis when they're interacting with you.
>>
>>7988380
Knowing you have a penis means you can't gender yourself how you want either. It's not just about other people
>>
>>7988380
It's all psychological.
>>
>>7988400
Well okay. I find it disconcerting to think that I would be some hulking manbeast in a world without people, so... Good thing I live in a world with people, I guess?
>>
>>7988165
Social construct doesn't mean not real. Money is a social construct, for example.
I think gender is at least partially neurological, but a lot of things associated with it are definitely socially constructed.
>>
>>7988518
>I think gender is at least partially neurological,
Evidence?
>>
Gender is a social construct. Male and female gender roles are invented by society with the aim of facilitating and streamlining the sexual reproductive roles of males and females respectively. Gender rules are invented but the motivation behind them, sex roles, are real and so far immutable. This is why in theory people should be able to bend their gender without trying to medically morph into (an imitation of) the opposite sex, but in practice society tends to backlash against that strongly.

>What's wrong with being a biological female who just relates more to the gender expectations of a male?
Apparently not much, as the last century in western history has demonstrated. Now, going the opposite direction, a biological male who just relates more to the gender expectations of a female, that's a completely different matter for a lot of reasons. Society absolutely does not tolerate this, for reasons which become clear when one understands the real differences in biological value between males and females. Society's struggle to try and learn to tolerate this has taken shape as the epic cultural war that we are seeing play out in the US and Europe right now, and time will soon tell how the experiment turns out.
>>
>>7988640
>for reasons which become clear when one understands the real differences in biological value between males and females.
Explain?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.