[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found out last month I have HIV and I want to die Will I ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3348.jpg (124KB, 905x959px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3348.jpg
124KB, 905x959px
I found out last month I have HIV and I want to die

Will I ever have sex again? Because I'm way too afraid to even try.
>pic unrelated
>>
>>7742099
How much of a slut are you?
>>
>>7742099
Stick to other pozzed people or die alone.

If this happened to me I would have killed both of us.
>>
>>7742099
modern medicine senpai. u good
>>
>>7742279
This. This here.

>>7742099
You can medicate yourself proper to keep it from being AIDS. And if you are with a negative person make sure they know the risks and that you wear protection even if some suicidal faggot asks you not to. Just don't poz any neg holes and you're solid.
>>
>>7742105
This is basically how I'm picturing my life rn
>>
Kill yourself. Literally.
>>
>>7742288
I mean, modern medicine is incredible. Ironically, I'm a biotech major and I was seriously considering getting into HIV research. Actually getting HIV after reading so much about it is.. surreal.

In case anyone was interested, someone I was sleeping with for almost two months tested positive recently, after he gave me chlamydia. He told me he wasn't seeing anyone else, so no, we're not on speaking terms.

Honestly, knowing what this disease does and what my options are makes me less panicky, but I still have those moments when I want to rip it out of my body somehow.

It's been a pretty jarring wake-up call, but if anything, this solidifies my resolve to get involved in HIV research.
>>
>>7742288
>trusting a goddamn latex suit for your cock with a man's life
OP you can never fuck anyone negative period.
>>
>>7742340
I'm the guy you replied to, and on second thought, yeah. Don't even go near any neg holes OP.
>>
>>7742344
Yeah, I'm not going to be the dick who ruins someone else's life. Although after I become undetectable, I'd be more open to the idea with someone one prep.
>>
1. Lots of neg guys want to have sex with poz guys
2. HIV is more manageable than diabetes. Its literally just a pill a day.
3. Its safer to have sex with someone who has and is on medication than someone who "thinks" they don't have it.

Look up viral loads and undetectable. Once you have been on medication for a month its literally next to impossible to transmit it (assuming you take your pills once a day)

They did a study of 1000 gay partners who have bareback sex where one is HIV+ and the other is HIV-. Of those 1000 partners 997 of them did not transmit the virus to there partner after a year. The 3 negs who got it admitted to cheating on there partner.
>>
>>7742355
Fun fact: a monthly ART injection is coming down the pipeline sometime over the next few years.

Not to mention that the University College of London just released a study where there literally blocked a single mechanism from shutting down in macrophages (the cells where HIV reservoirs form), which not only halted transmission between cells, but actually reversed the effects of HIV in infected cells. It's too early to say they "cured" those cells, because it could have been a fluke or maybe it doesn't work in the body, but reading that journal article got me pretty damn excited.
>>
>>7742355
>1. Lots of neg guys want to have sex with poz guys
Is there any bigger red flag than an urge to catch a deadly infection?
>>
>>7742355
Another fun fact for you, if somebody said that they wanted diabetes and we lived in a world where the diabetes food and the non-diabetes food tasted the same, we'd call those people who wanted diabetes fucking retards. I shall go with the same logic here.
>>
Quick question: are you black or have you had sex with black men?

The majority of gay black males 13-25 have HIV so if you are also black you are not alone. Black men are the number one transmitters of the disease and most infections in white males is due to sex with blacks.
>>
>>7742404
For a moment I thought you said "13-85" and figured you got your stats from the Daily Stormer or something.
I went off to the CDC ready to make you look like an idiot then came back and felt like one.
>>
OP we know you got this from bottoming. Please never top again. Vers guys are the reason the disease spreads.
>>
>>7742382
There's been a thousand "cures" for HIV, none of them ever pass human tests.

The cure for HIV will occur when big pharma is tired of getting their profits undercut by generics manufacturers.
>>
File: 3845 - Bailey_Jay banana (1).gif (1015KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
3845 - Bailey_Jay banana (1).gif
1015KB, 400x400px
>>7742099

Does the government or any health authorities know that you know that you have it?

If not your fine.

Just wait 5 years get tested, and then start taking meds.
>>
>>7742416
Yeah it really sucks that the LGBT community will not confront the reality of HIV in the black gay community because they are afraid of looking racists. Right now we really need to get all gay black men on PrEP/ART Preventing and managing HIV is so much cheaper on tax payers than managing secondary illnesses causes by AIDs.
>>
>>7742442
Why would health authorities knowing be bad and why wait 5 years?
>>
>>7742450
I believe they're talking about how it's illegal to transmit HIV so if you don't get tested, or at least make sure nobody knows you've been tested, you can transmit it without legal repercussion.
>>
>>7742450

If you don't know you have it you can say that you didn't know you have it incase anyone tries to accuse you of spreading it.
>>
>>7742431
Even assuming you're correct, google "CRISPR/cas9" and then tell me pharma will be able to do anything about preventing a cure in the near future. Because it is logistically impossible at this point.

>We have the drugs to suppress and manage the virus
>We have drugs to prevent its spread
>Multiple vaccines are in development
>Governments and philanthropists around the world are pouring money into research for a cure
>We now have genetic editing technology that is relatively cheap and easily reproducible, making it possible to cut HIV out of living cells for the first time
>>
>>7742444
So there are a few things I would like to know about why those numbers are so different.
>Is it poverty related?
There are a lot of things where if you compare blacks only to poor white people the numbers seem pretty even and there are more black people below the poverty line(not looking to discuss the why on this thread because this is about AIDS damn it!)
>Is not using a condom a black thing I didn't know about?
I am Cajun and used to reject that American non-immigrants had separate cultures but my family and I get told we do things "black" super often so... Cultural thing?
>Prison related?
Prison has a lot of rape, and they say when gay rape happens it usually isn't a straight victim.(they being SVU so I dunno for sure)
>stats on immigration
Being gay in Africa sucks those horrible metaphorical dicks. HIV is huge there. Do we get boat loads of infected gay Africans who move into black areas and spread it?

I feel like this could be an interesting discussion and that a solution is not so out of reach for America.
>>
>>7742404
>sounds racist
>it's actually not

This is one of those uncomfortable things that's true but sounds incredibly racist. It's pretty sad though.
>>
>>7742474
There are certain financial limitations imposed upon getting drug approval. For example FDA approval usually costs $1-3bil to get a drug approved.
It's not a free market, you cannot expect research scientists to just randomly get something approved. You can at best hope big pharma notices, buys up the research, and then proceeds with the approval process.
>>
>>7742455
It's not actually illegal to transmit HIV. People accused of transmitting the virus have been charged with assault by the people they infected.

That's not to say it's not a legitimate concern, but the government is not prosecuting people for transmitting HIV. Individuals can, sometimes, depending on the state.
>>
>>7742478
I would expect that the reason that gay black men have such high transmission rates is probably because of social/economic factors. But something also makes me think it may be a genetic predisposition as well.

It's well established that Africans have a much higher incidence of sickle-cell anemia than other races. It's entirely possible this specific gene or a related one might make them more vulnerable to infection, so while Norwegians (where about 1-10% of the population is believed to have a natural immunity to HIV) may get infected after sex with an HIV pos person only 30% of the time, Africans might get infected 60% of the time.

I'd like to do some more reading on this, because it's small discrepancies like this that point to exploitable mechanisms we can use to cure diseases. Unfortunately, as far as I know, no studies exist that investigate this.
>>
>>7742501
You better bet that big pharma will notice an HIV cure. Whoever discovers that will win a Nobel prize.
>>
>>7742539
Nobel prizes don't make money..... HIV rakes in around $20-$30bil a year globally on the other hand.
Gilead sciences went from penny stocks to trading at over $100/share as of recent due to antiretrovirals. There is not any major rush to find a cure in any way whatsoever.
>>
>>7742532
That would make a lot of sense, actually, the genetic thing. It would be wildly interesting if Africa ended what it started, so to speak.
>>
>>7742545
You're really not aware of what's going on. A man in Berlin was actually, permanently cured of HIV a few years back, proving it is possible with current technology. The amount of research going on right now is mind-boggling.

And if all else fails, even if US pharma companies are too greedy to produce a cure (which they won't, because there is no way they won't attempt to profit off of that either), there are still foreign governments and companies who will gladly produce it (France, the U.K., China, Switzerland, etc), and if they do, I'll be on the next flight.
>>
>>7742478
Poverty is not related. Poor whites are actually less likely to have HIV than more affluent whites. This may be due to the fact that HIV in whites is more linked to a party and play lifestyle. Poor whites with HIV are less likely to be treated though.

Blacks do not use condoms. This should be obvious from the numbers of HIV infected blacks but the majority of them don't wear them. That said, whites are not much better. While whites are more likely to wear condoms than blacks, whites will frequently not wear them, or wear them with some partners but not others.

This is my personal opinion now but I think there are two major factors of high HIV rates in blacks. First, they do not get tested and do not take medication. So even if there were the same number of blacks and whites with HIV there would be more blacks who are actively transmitting it by not knowing their status and not taking the meds. Out of all groups blacks are least likely to be tested even though the testing is free in most cities. The second main factor is blacks mostly have sex with other blacks. This means that the infection is staying within the community and multiplying.
>>
>>7742556
Genetic engineering is only getting started. It'll probably be feasible to just edit my immune cells to be immune to HIV within a decade or two. If that sounds ridiculous, it's not, because there are people immune to HIV, and inserting that gene into my DNA is dramatically easier than it was ten years ago. Also, this has kind already been done. The only person to be cured of HIV only managed it because a bone marrow transplant basically replaced his immune system (that's oversimplifying, but whatever).

That being said, there's one problem: cancer. But funnily enough, genetic engineering will probably reingineer immune cells to, once again, fix that problem. It's already been demonstrated with leukemia patients, while the US and China are testing related methods on lung cancer patients right now.
>>
>>7742566
I know of the berlin patient, it's a wikipedia article even lol
I'm not saying big pharma won't produce a cure, but it's market driven not research driven. Gilead recently cured hepatitis C for example.
There is currently a small momentum towards a cure. Indian pharma companies overtook both glaxosmithkline and pfizer and they have nearly entirely shutdown HIV research and moved on. Gilead is still the market champion though and with PrEP truvada continues to reign supreme and brings in enormous amounts of profit. PrEP has raised viral resistance to Truvada but Gilead has a new antiretroviral coming out and they have applied for approval to use that for PrEP as well.
HIV cures threaten a $20bil market, a market dominated by the last remaining big pharma involved, Gilead. Once they fall it all goes under and then a cure can finally be released. This isn't a battle against a virus, it's just markets. We don't have a cure stashed away somewhere like conspiracy theorists like to think, but in a sense we do since there's zero momentum to make a cure due to the high profitability of HIV
>>
>>7742614
I disagree, market factors might have an effect on how quickly research is getting done, but there are way too many players for pharma companies to be holding up all HIV research in any meaningful way.

We are closer to a cure than we have ever been, and it's been demonstrated on at least one occasion. There is no way that governments will allow US/Indian pharma to get in the way. Like I said, if pharma companies tried to block a cure, I'd just fly to a country that provides it.

If you want to feel optimistic again, you should look up the London Declaration. Because that will restore your faith in humanity.
>>
>>7742639
The thing is everything you're talking about it is under the idea that the pharmaceutical industry is a free market. As I said before, pharmaceuticals are not a free market.
Drug regulation relies upon charging such high costs for approval that the chances of a harmful drug passing are minimal. This limits free market by removing actual discriminatory factors of safety in favor of just charging money. The FDA phases are proven to be surpassable even with unsafe medication via money, but safe medication often does not pass due to lack of money.
Researchers don't have $3bil to toss at the approval process. This is a process limited to specific companies only. This process is only marginally cheaper outside the US as well. Most of Europe and Canada follow the same logic. The only country I know of that has a free market for drugs is India and things like HIV antiretrovirals cost pennies there. All your HRT? Pennies. A years supply of estradiol valerate is maybe $1-$2USD in India. Their government ruled patent protection on medical science is unethical. Cipla is the worlds largest pharmaceutical company and is located in India and produces every medication known to man. They do so whilst being known as a "generics manufacturer" according to western logic.
>>
>>7742667
You're undermining your own point there, though. When a cure is discovered, drug companies, for example, an Indian one, will gladly produce that cure. I will travel to Mumbai for a cure and a vacation the second it happens.

Even if the cure is not produced or approved in the US, the instant it's proven effective elsewhere, the federal government will take steps to bring it here ASAP. Take the Cuban lung cancer vaccine, for example. US officials are pushing it through the FDA pipeline because it's proven to work.
>>
>>7742682
You're forgetting the fact that HIV is currently raking in $20bil/year on a bad day

So say even when the US government spends $1bil on healthcare toward HIV via the ryan white healthcare act, and they do the same worldwide in other countries, they easily drag in that plus more in taxes back toward them. With corporate tax rates and the fact that pharma employs several thousand employees the government reaps the rewards of their investment in the form of taxes.

The drive to find a cure is just not there. It is getting there, but as I said, the drive is market driven, not research. There's lots of cures, not much action. At the end of the day your cure needs to replace many many years of a $20bil profits.
>>
>>7742704
Yet lung cancer is arguably more profitable than HIV, but we're fighting to get that vaccine here. That vaccine will wipe out hundreds or even thousands of lung cancer cases every year, but it's coming anyway.

Your argument just falls flat on this point. As soon as a cure is developed, it only takes one company or one government to produce it, and the pressure to bring it here will be too great to ignore without looking horrifically opportunistic.
>>
>>7742704
You've made 4 posts all saying the exact same things over and over. We get it, you're a pessimist.
But your point is shit all over by the fact that any cures exist at all. If what you were saying was true, then why would any drug company ever make any cure? It'd always be much more profitable to have life-long patients, no matter the disease. Yet cures have been made anyway.
>>
>>7743088
It's profitable to make cures when patent protection expires and generics overrun the market which is what is slowly happening with antiretrovirals. As of right now the drive to make a cure is at minimum 5-10 years away for just beginning research. With current distribution and patent protection you're looking at another 30 years until a cure is released minimum
I'm not pessimistic I'm just a realist. But feel free to live in your fantasy world where money doesn't exist
>>
>>7742099
medication can lower your virus count to the point that transmission is HIGHLY unlikely
>>
>>7742382
Kill whoever gave it to you
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.