[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question to trans legbutts (both MtF and FtM welcome to answer).

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1471643239433.jpg (141KB, 421x430px) Image search: [Google]
1471643239433.jpg
141KB, 421x430px
Question to trans legbutts (both MtF and FtM welcome to answer).

What would you do and how would you deal with it if you weren't able to transition due to health issues (aka has to stop HRT or can't go into it)?
I'm not going to go into details but let's say that in this hypothetical scenario you went to the doctor after you were feeling kinda ill and after a shitload of exams they finally found out what you had and you're kinda in deep shit to begin with.

>inb4 an hero.
I'm also considering that in this hypothetical scenario you don't want to die.
>>
>>7686876
get your gonads removed

it won't be as good as taking estrogen/testosterone but it will inhibit further masculinization/feminization
>>
>>7686876
>I'm also considering that in this hypothetical scenario you don't want to die
hahahahahahahaha
this isn't really a possible situation, anyway -- the only absolute contraindication for ftm hormone therapy is pregnancy, which is definitely practically impossible for me because the chances of me having the kind of sex that could possibly cause it are extremely low and t is potentially a contraceptive, and more likely than not completely impossible for me because i transitioned in puberty
anything else, maybe you'd have to go with a lower dose for a bit, but any doctor who would take you off t for not-pregnancy is going against the formal standards of care
>>
>>7686882
What if the person in the hypothetical scenario cannot have any kind of surgery due to the treatment of said hypothetical illness being quite harsh and screwing with said hypothetical person immune system?

>>7686898
Nope sorry.
>>
>>7686876
By "unable to transition" do you mean not taking HRT? Well, there's a lot a person can do to feminize or masculinize themselves without hormones.
>>
I've heard one method of diy castration involves injecting solution of some salt in alcohol into your balls, so I'd probably try that assuming injections aren't out of question.
>>
>>7686906
Do it yourself anyway with scissors, then die a painful death.
>>
>>7686955
In the same vein, if they aren't and liver is the problem, estrogen injections should be fine.
>>
>>7686939
Yes, just like I said on the OP post, the person in the hypothetical scenario was advised by their hypothetical doctor that they have to stop anything unless it's extremely necessary for survival (ex taking insulin for example if said person was diabetic which she's not).
>>
>>7686967
as written, that means people with severe transsexualism can remain on hrt
...is there a specific person you're referring to? because it's starting to look like you or someone you know was told this
>>
>>7686993
Not it's just a hypothetical scenario person don't worry about it.
Anyways I'm still unsure if taking both anti androgens and estrogen would be ok if the person is going to have to do chemo soon, I'm pretty sure from what the hypothetical doctor said it also meant no HRT.
>>
>>7687002
>taking both anti androgens and estrogen
thanks for narrowing the focus down to mtfs, really appreciated
anyway, t and estrogen would both be safe for someone getting chemo given as it is safe for cis people to have sex hormones in their body during chemo (barring reproductive cancers), but antiandrogens specifically could be a concern, especially cypro
the situation there would probably be to get an orchiectomy soon as possible, like within a day of starting treatment
>>
>>7687014
Do you think the hypothetical person with hypothetical leukemia would be fine with HRT even during chemo then?
>>
>>7687022
>hypothetical person with hypothetical leukemia
...we've gotten specific enough that i'm really not buying this is hypothetical
they should be fine, given as leukemia is not related to sex hormone levels, least not as far as i know
also i should note i was being sarcastic when i said i appreciated you limiting the focus to mtfs
>>
>>7687030
Ok. Thanks for replying anon.
>>
File: tumblr_o94ikxuyz51u824vuo1_400.gif (1MB, 364x284px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o94ikxuyz51u824vuo1_400.gif
1MB, 364x284px
First thing I would do is request copies of all test results, then take them to another doc for a second opinion and verification.

As a ftm I would press for top surg and hysto (can keep ovaries I think, incomplete hyst) even if no more T... not mtf so no idea.

Gotta lose tits. Gotta stop the blood. Ignore the rest.
>>
I may have a different perspective on this because I basically "came out" as a kid, but then (for various reasons I won't get into) lived basically pre-everything into my 30s and had to learn to live with it.

But...you know, I would just live with it. Keep binding, keep dressing as male, I changed my name right out of high school and I've gotten my gender changed on my birth certificate so now I can go legally change my gender. No HRT or surgery needed for any of that.

I also turned out to have health issues that required a hysto, so no more of that to worry about.

I would always have an iffy passing rate, but so what. Decades of living non-op left me caring a lot less what other people think. It really sucks not to pass, but my happiness no longer depends on it. I just have to do what I have to do, that's all.

I might see if I could swing a chin implant and breast reduction through my own funds to make it easier in that case, though.
>>
Forever live my life as someone who looks like a 12 year old boy? Or take matters into my own hands and take T illegally. I don't give a shit if I have other health issues.
>>
>>7687782
>I basically "came out" as a kid, but then (for various reasons I won't get into) lived basically pre-everything into my 30s and had to learn to live with it.
Please do go into it.

>I changed my name right out of high school and I've gotten my gender changed on my birth certificate
How did you change your legal gender without any transition/HRT?
>>
>>7687967
>Please do go into it.

>came out when "early transitioning" was not a thing, had to wait until teens
>was repeatedly molested in the meantime
>first gender doctor I see is a creepy weirdo who spends entire sessions talking about how my clit will grow on T, and how it will rub on my underwear and make me so horny
>makes me show him how I go to the bathroom, just to make sure I'm sitting on the can and such "in a masculine way"
>so freaked out that I stop seeing him
>ask family doc for another referral, she's, "I dunno, I think he's it"
>fuck therapists for now, I'm going to school in [nearby big city] by my mid-twenties, that's not too late to transition, I'll get T then
>fuck up school, don't transfer unis after all
>crisis of medical access in home city, it grew too fast and there's not enough doctors
>doctor I currently have is a homophobic shit and just keeps asking me if I have AIDs yet, but I can't change doctors because no one will take a patient who already has a doctor because doctor shortage
>can't just leave her for a while and then try to find a doctor because I'm "doctorless," because I need daily medications prescribed that are controlled substances
>also some docs in the city supposedly deal with gender issues, but have years-long waiting lists
>also just increasingly used to my adult libido and freaked out by the idea of libido changes on T because [see second point] so lots of inertia
>holding pattern for years
>finally my dad starts dating a diplomat whose brother is a superb doctor, he finds out and puts in a word for me and gets me into top clinic in the city
>now have a raft of docs on hand via this clinic, there's an in-house endocrinologist that my doc consults with, getting T dosages right is breezy
>they have a chronic conditions nurse coach me on giving myself shots by the third injection
>start off really slow to help me with abuse-related anxieties, too
>all is well, just really late
>>
>>7688043
[cont]

I mean...in large part, it's my fault. There were a lot of obstacles, but I let myself just live, as I said, in a holding pattern because before I could take on those obstacles I had to face all my abuse-related fears, and I just didn't do it.

>>7687967
>How did you change your legal gender without any transition/HRT?

I haven't just yet, I still need to take the forms in. But I believe I should be able to, since my birth certificate says I'm male. You don't need to prove HRT or surgery in my area, you just need a fixed birth certificate OR an official record of diagnosis from a qualified health professional.
>>
>>7686876

Since I can't kill myself, I either self-castrate or get my balls cut off by a doctor.
>>
>>7687002
>if the person is going to have to do chemo soon
Do not self-med while going on chemo. Your doctor needs to know exactly what is going on. Chemo is dangerous enough as it is.
>>
>>7688043
>>7688073
I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I hope you're well now. Good luck.
>>
>>7688043
Therapists suck. This is why self-medding is necessary. At least as an ftm you won't be a hon.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.