[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I take the NHS route if I'm going to transition or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1472812967044.jpg (217KB, 700x495px) Image search: [Google]
1472812967044.jpg
217KB, 700x495px
Should I take the NHS route if I'm going to transition or is self-medding better?

I've heard people complain about the NHS a lot. Long waiting times apparently.
>>
>>7668193
self-med or you will kill yourself
only purpose of the nhs is surgery, which will also take a long time to get so start the process while you're self-medding
you'll eventually get a hormone prescription from them so you can quit self-medding, but it will take years first
>>
As far as I'm concerned selfmedding is the only viable option in the UK, especially if you're under 18
>>
>>7668202
>>7668207
Right, that doesn't sound great. How much does self-medding cost on average? I haven't done much research into this, I don't know where to start,
>>
>>7668193
self med until you can get free meds thru NHS?

what kinda question is this
>>
Do both. Skip cues but don't lose your place in line. It's win win.
>>
>>7668202
This. I'm assuming it's a similar process to Canada where you'll need to do the whole WPATH procedure with RLE and such if you want SRS. The weird thing is that the process is geared like 99% to the surgeries and not so much the hormones so you can get trapped with them forcing RLE on you without any hormones because they don't consider hormones as important for transitioning or something like that, no idea honestly.
However, if you self-med you can still go to your family doctor for hormone and liver tests. Some family doctors can also prescribe hormones, I'd imagine it's similar in the UK with informed consent, you just have to find a willing doctor (try to find young doctors, they're more likely to do it, if you live near a university post a message on your universities subreddit or forums or whatever looking for a family doctor that will do it)
You still have doctor-patient confidentiality so don't worry about telling doctors you're self-medding.
>>
>>7668239
qhi.co.uk

cyproterone, one tablet daily
progynova or estrofem, one tablet daily for 3-6 months then increase to two tablets daily

try not to drink or smoke, weed is fine if you vape it though
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.