[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we solve the problem of hons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

>>
>>7572501
by allowing people to transition younger and younger -- in other words, keep doing what we're doing
of course, /tttt/ is delusional and thinks you can be a hon in your teens or 20s ('hon' is a very specific term that only applies to a small minority of those labelled with it -- if you could picture someone going on the cruise ship in 'conservative men in conservative dresses' they're a hon, if not they aren't), and prepubertal transition will never be mainstream because the backlash against it is coming on so strong the only cohort which will have more than a tiny minority transition during or before puberty is the people who are now mid-childhood through to mid-twenties, so we'll probably stabilize with the average transition age in late teens
that's already happened on the ftm end and mtfs consistently transition a few years later than ftms, which partially is because agp women transition later than hsts women, but aap and hsts men transition at the same age and agp transition age is consistently getting younger and younger (it is falling by far the fastest of any of the four major categories), so that'll balance out eventually
>>
>>7572515
I thought hon was just a term for all trannies that didn't pass?

>prepubertal transition will never be mainstream because the backlash against it is coming on so strong
What backlash are you talking about?
>>
>>7572584
>I thought hon was just a term for all trannies that didn't pass?
it's a non-passing tranny, more specifically a tranny that could not possibly pass even after doing everything she wants to do (e.g. still looks like a middle-aged man after ffs), and more specifically one who also subscribes to a certain cultural outlook
even if you only go by the second definition, which is the loosest reasonable one, a hon has to be a particularly late transitioner (40+) because if you don't just not-pass but could-not-possibly-pass-in-even-the-best-possible-situation you've left it a real fucking long time
>What backlash are you talking about?
bbc miniseries on trans kids, blaire white types getting acceptance because they rail against prepubertal transition, otherwise accepting people 'drawing the line', etc
prepubertal transition is not just outside the overton window, but it's getting further and further outside of it
there's a coming backlash against transition as a whole now that detransitioner ranks swell and they all go terf, and given the mainstream representation of trannies is a tumblr stereotype who themselves will inevitably detransition, things aren't going to be pretty over the next ten years
>>
>>7572633
The bbc series does seem to be anti-trans but Blaire White is honestly an overblown meme, I doubt she actually wields enough power to actually affect things. Where are you getting that the number of detransitioners is swelling? How do you know all the Tumblr types will turn against the trans movement?
>>
>>7572666
nice trips
i referred to 'blaire white types' because she's a good example of a trans person who opposes prepubertal transition, outside of /tttt/ it's unnervingly common for people to think the minimum transition age should be 18 or even higher
>Where are you getting that the number of detransitioners is swelling?
old friend of mine became one, and from there i've kept running into people who are detransitioning
new detranser blogs are popping up constantly, a whole movement is coming out of it and they're goddamn loud -- they're already starting to overrun terf communities, the one i used to know is now a blogger on 4thwavenow, scientific studies are popping up to analyze detransitioners because more anecdotal surveys have found there are record number of them (the one i used to know did a survey that had over 200 respondents despite being limited specifically to ftmtfs), and they aren't exactly happy about what was 'done to them'
>How do you know all the Tumblr types will turn against the trans movement?
because they already are
not only do a lot of the detransers have things in common with them (that they will deny to the ends of the earth, but i know for a fact they weren't as 'trutrans' as they try present themselves), but terf viewpoints are a lot more common on tumblr and amongst tumblr-adjacent people than you think
the terfs themselves will point this out -- their posts get super popular until someone down the comments chain yells 'op is a terf' -- and i see tumblry facebook friends of mine share posts i originally saw on terf blogs
>>
>>7572692
Wow, this sounds awful. What are we going to do now?
>>
mandatory euthanasia
>>
>>7572584
The backlash that kids are fucking retarded, and prepubescent is below, like, 13. 99.999% of under 13s I have come Into contact with can't make an Informed decision about what fucking shoes they want to buy, let alone whether they want to pretend to be the other sex for the rest of their life. Sure, if they can create a way to detect a transgender person through DNA or whatever, transition people in the womb for all I care, but a child is too young and naive to make such an important decision.
>>
>>7572738
the only option is for /tttt/ types -- who, believe it or not, are the sane trannies -- to seize the spotlight and change the trans conversation
not only is this exceedingly unlikely, even if it does happen we're a tiny minority amongst minorities (prevalence of transsexualism is 1 in 500-1000...prevalence of people 'identifying as trans' in the most recent national survey is 1 in 150), so i guess we're fucked either way
no reason not to try, though
>>
>>7572751
Oh so it's all right for them to end up as hons? Kys
>>
File: IMG_0026.png (941KB, 1000x1016px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0026.png
941KB, 1000x1016px
>>7572501
Mandatory childhood transition.

>>7572758
Would you like to partner with me in becoming the faces of this new movement? This is a one time opportunity.
>>
>>7572758
In what direction would you change the conversation?
>>7572692
Are most of these detransitioners, early transitioner?
>>
>>7572795
...eh, sure
>>7572807
>In what direction would you change the conversation?
transsexualism is a medical condition, 2 genders (with room for perhaps the occasional very rare exception, but the more detransitioners i meet the more i doubt this), early intervention is as good as it is for any other medical condition, completely removing all the identity bullshit that's gotten tangled up in this, maybe some light blanchardianism
>Are most of these detransitioners, early transitioner?
most of the ones i've met transitioned in their late teens/early twenties, and often long enough ago (transition-detransitions are generally on the scale of years, not months) that late teens/early twenties was younger than it is now
>>
>>7572839
though i'll note here that maria catt/carey callahan, one of the highest-profile detransitioners and the one who i think is generally 'less wrong than everyone else', transitioned at 30
>>
>>7572850
also, talking about carey callahan -- who did all kinds of bullshit 'queer' stuff when she was trans -- i'd like to refer again to the fact that detransitioners were universally into that 'queer' stuff even if they claim in retrospect to not be (in an attempt at discrediting trans people who aren't)
of course, so are almost all people who claim to be trannies, so you can see the massive tidal wave coming for us here...
>>
give us a monthly government allowance :D
>>
>>7572839
>completely removing all the identity bullshit that's gotten tangled up in this, maybe some light blanchardianism
What do you mean by this?
>i've met transitioned in their late teens/early twenties
How are these people then planning to prevent tweens and early teenagers from transitioning? They were obviously not pressured by the trans movement to transition.
>>
File: IMG_0023.png (3MB, 1624x1640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0023.png
3MB, 1624x1640px
>>7572839
In a sort of paradox, to eliminate those identity issues we have to trick people into having a kind of radfem mindset as to kill the popular notion of innate gender attributes, -- and then by extension, eliminating both the paradigm of gender roles expected of trans kids, and the death of the toleration false trans identities.

Then, we can progress into the propagation of trans as purely medical and nescessary in children.
>>
>>7572895
>What do you mean by this?
treating transsexualism simply as a medical condition where a man is female or a woman is male
however, the best research we have implies transsexualism is technically multiple conditions, which if you want to be pc are early and late onset but in practice are hsts and a*p
neglecting to point this out confuses both trans and cis people and drives the former to repression and the latter to transphobia
>They were obviously not pressured by the trans movement to transition
they all believe they were, and if the past election season has shown us anything belief is more important than reality
>>
>>7572633
i was at the impossible to ever pass point at age 19 stfu dude
I hate my life
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.