[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a hon be pretty? What is passing really?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0216.jpg (509KB, 2126x2126px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0216.jpg
509KB, 2126x2126px
I struggle if I am just a crazy hon. That I don't pass. I am a late transitioning Trans woman by any definition of late. I won't go into why I didn't do it earlier.

The consensus here seems to be that my age makes me a hon regardless of anything. I know I am not perfectly passable as people do spot me.

Yet people tell me I pass. I have a job. I get flirted with. I am confused about what is really taking place.

This may sound vain but bear with me. I think maybe I don't really pass, but I am simply pretty, and that tricks people into thinking I pass. Does that make sense? Like people either consciously or unconsciously go ok your Trans, but you are pretty so I won't really see you are Trans.

Or I am a delusional hon as my age dictates, and I am like most if not all people who transition at my age.

I hear I pass a lot. I feel hugboxed, but strait cis guys often flirt and are nice. That doesn't happen to Hons.

No I won't post a pic.
>>
i feel you. i'm over 30 and just starting.

>This may sound vain but bear with me. I think maybe I don't really pass, but I am simply pretty, and that tricks people into thinking I pass. Does that make sense?

nope, it's irrational

your real problem isn't passing, it's your unwillingness to believe you deserve to be the beautiful woman you are

accept a compliment as genuine, even if you don't believe it you can accept that others do

and for the love, stop paying attention to the vile memes here. just forget the word hon entirely
>>
>>7531884
post pics op
>>
File: tumblr_n8boesUUPU1sg9z5bo6_1280.jpg (2MB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8boesUUPU1sg9z5bo6_1280.jpg
2MB, 1280x1707px
>>7531884
This guy isn't mtf, but if he was I would consider him nonpassing but pretty.

Also post pic.
>>
>>7531884
It's not necessarily an issue of passing. It's that those around you perceive you as a woman (even if you don't pass) and treat you accordingly. Women generally get compliments and flirted with.

Not saying you can't be attractive and unpassing, of course. How old are you, by the way?
>>
>>7531929
Thank you. I will think about this.
>>
>>7531936
No. I have before though. Most say I pass.

>>7531954
Yeah that is pretty but not passing. I wonder if that is me? My boobs are bigger though. >>7531960

Yeah I get treated like a woman, and it feels like they aren't forcing it. Like they feel it and act accordingly.

I am 42.
>>
>>7531977
>42

out of personal curiosity when did you transition? i'd like to think I have a chance of being accepted like you
>>
I think what a lot of the young MtFs here don't realize is that eventually they'll pass because your low-average to unattractive ciswomen age like milk and so the bar just kinda drops when their looks catch up to your average 25 and under MtF around mid-30s to 40+

Everyone gets uglier as they age, trannies will have the last cruel laugh in the end.
>>
>>7532000
I went full time 9 or so months ago. Hrt year and a half. It can happen. I am still struggling emotionally, but people do accept me and that Ives me a lot of strength.

>>7532002

Yeah, there is that too.
>>
>>7532042

gosh it'd be amazing if things happen fast enough and I pass well enough that I can get a little time being attractive before I'm over 35..
>>
>>7532054
Just stay on HRT and get whatever procedures you can reach anon and you'll be alright. You'll always be trans, make sure you learn how to live with that.
>>
>>7532073
I'm a pretty broken human, but before nearly 25 years of worsening depression ate my brain I had a lot of natural potential. i think if i'm finally getting the medical treatment (pharma/counseling) i need i'll be able to work on building a real life & afford all the surgery I want (i'm a bit minimalist though).

worse cast scenario in which I'm functional, I achieve a solid middle class income
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.