[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Problems with boyfriend's family - Holiday Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

>have black boyfriend of more than a year now
>he asks me to meet his parents for dinner today, as a form of "rehearsal" for the Christmas dinner to which I have to go now that we're "serious"
>show up, already nervous because I'm a beta Robot
>the cultural divide is too great: his parents are way different from anything I've ever dealt with
>they're too outgoing

That's the only way I can describe it: they're really loud and outgoing, and it triggers my anxiety.

Fuck, I don't think I can do Christmas dinner. My bf tells me all his extended family's going to be there: some siblings, grandparents, uncles, cousins, and family friends. Not only am I going to be the only non-black person there, but on top of that, he told me to avoid doing anything "gay" during the time we are there on Christmas because some of his extended family is really "religious" and some actually believe homosexuality is a thing created by whitey to cull the black population.

Fuck, I just want to tell him to cancel, but I know it means a lot to him (for some reason).
>>
it must suck having an autistic boyfriend. i hope that he is able to put up with you anon. good luck
>>
>>7362651
Why are you trying to genocide blacks by stealing their son, fag devil.
>>
>>7362740
He's a /pol/ insurgent
>>
Yeah black families are like that. Very loud and outgoing. If it really bothers you then don't go, it will only strain your relationship in the future. More than likely his family will assume you:
1. Think you're too good to eat dinner with them
2. Think your relationship is even less meaningful than they already suspect
3.You don't love your boyfriend.

All of these things they will hammer into your boyfriend's head until he begins to wonder himself. There really isn't anything to be afraid of with black families though. You'll be given tasty food, hear some good natured shit talk between family members, maybe watch a shitty black movie (wherein everyone nitpicks it) and then you'll go home. If you go to the next family outing after Christmas, they will say something along the lines of "Oh you ain't been scared off yet?". Congrats you're now part of the family for life even if you and your bf split.

My boyfriend was the same way with my family (though our situation was a little more unique). Now my granny bakes him apple turnovers, invites him for dinners, and always hugs him when she sees him. Brother smokes/drinks him up every time he comes around. My boyfriend also has anxiety issues, but he's warmed up to them. I think you owe it to yourself and your relationship to soldier through.
>>
Black people are normally loud and outspoken. I have several black friends and have been to family events. I could never date a black person because I'm not sexually attracted to them. However, once you get over the culture shock you will have a blast. They like to play dominoes and other games. They will talk much shit playing the games so just talk a little back. It's all in fun. Have a few drinks. Black families are close. They will embrace you. I have a few black families that more less adopted me----I live around a lot of them. Many are good church going folks. Step out of your comfort zone. You'll probably have a blast.
>>
>>7362651
you realize you're gonna get /pol/ to start shitting on you, right? if being around a bunch of loud people scares you, try doing something with just his mom and dad or only a sibling or something before christmas dinner so you can get to know them and have some common ground.

good luck anon!
>>
File: meh.ro11683.png (696KB, 1713x667px) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro11683.png
696KB, 1713x667px
>>7362786
>>7362799
>>7362825
Alright, it seems like I don't have any option other than going and trying to fit in.

>tfw you wish you could just spend Christmas together, excluding everyone else

[spoiler]At least we could have sex, too[/spoiler]
>>
>>7363144
im actually in a reverse situation OP, i want to meet my boyfriends family, but i dont really want him to meet mine.

but im in the closet to my family anyway.
>>
>>7362651
I kinda grew up around quite a few black families, and have been to Christmas dinners, thanksgivings, Halloweens, family reunions, etc.

They're literally regular people, just louder.

One thing to understand is if they riff on you, don't take it seriously. Just laugh along. They do it to anyone and everyone.

Usually if someone doesn't like you, they'll either ask you intrusive questions, or just kind of ignore you with an upturned nose. Just politely answer whatever questions they have if they happen to ask. Don't take them to war over anything.

If you're just chill, and can take a joke, that'll speak volumes.
>>
>>7363205
In all honesty, I don't know why you'd want to meet your significant other's family: I thought it was always supposed to be an awkward thing, even if straight?
>>
Once you go black you will come running
back.
>>
Do it anon. You don't wanna lose that BBC do you?
>>
If OP had said that they were a bunch of white conservative Christfags, I bet everyone would be telling him to not go. But because they're black Christfags, it's just a funny thing he has to bear this time.

Man, you cucks are strange.
>>
>>7362651
>going to be the only non-black person there

Wtf is with white people and freaking out if they are outnumbered lol.

I have heard minorities complain about it after the fact and talk about how I caused this or that issue, but plenty of my white friends have done what you are doing and flaked on events when they find out it wont be mostly white.

Why are you scared of?
>>
File: big_18842735.jpg (120KB, 1000x703px) Image search: [Google]
big_18842735.jpg
120KB, 1000x703px
>liking nappy haired, wide nosed, big lipped, simian blacks
>>
>>7369077
>most apes have thin lips, straight hair, and hairy bodies just like whites

I never understood why white people make that connection. I think it is the dark fur and they just make a connection. I've never seen a big lipped, nappy haired chimp at the zoo before. I have seen one with blue eyes though.

>>7367250
Black Christfag families are often times more willing to tolerate an LGBT spouse if they have not disowned the LGBT family member. It is a cultural thing because black people tend to assign family roles to non family members. Blacks are very inclusive. White conservatives on the other hand are not. They like to keep their shame private and out of the eye of their community.
>>
>>7362651
>black boyfriend
There's your problem right there.
>>
>>7368677
OP here.

I'm Hispanic, not 'white'.
>>
Just go to the dad and say "wassup nigger" with a watermelon and KFC bucket as offering, this will let them know you come in peace
Next they test you which varies from tribe to tribe, I have seen some ask that you eat some of their "soul food" which is native food that they make, very odd stuff that is, others demand you watch one of their movies which all seem to come from a highly established Tyler Perry
If you have passed the tests then you are one of them and are allowed to say nigger and it's variants whenever you want as long as you carry something from the tribe to forewarn other tribes, these items may be a Fubu sweater, cocoa butter lotion, or a "piece".
I hope you give us a report on what you discovered through your "dinner".
>>
>>7365946
i want to get to know him better, and one's family is usually a pretty significant part of ones life
he grew up with this set of people for 18 years, and most people even longer than that.
i want to be with him a long time, and knowing his family is important to me, and having their approval would be nice.
he's talked about me plenty anyway, so
>>
>>7370890
>white in scare quotes

fuck off jose
>>
File: Christcuck-getting-BTFOd.jpg (47KB, 634x376px) Image search: [Google]
Christcuck-getting-BTFOd.jpg
47KB, 634x376px
>>7362651
>he told me to avoid doing anything "gay" during the time we are there on Christmas because some of his extended family is really "religious" and some actually believe homosexuality is a thing created by whitey to cull the black population.

Just drop him. There is literally no reason to go along with some self-hating loser who would sacrifice his dignity just for "family time" once a year.

There is nothing more unattractive than self-loathing homo. The fact that he's still willing to go to his family's reunion and just go along with their expectations means he's got some issues that will probably come up later.

Dump him.
>>
>>7377289
He probably meant don't lean up on him hugging and kissing. It's literally impossible to avoid doing 'anything' gay when they're making it known they're in a relationship.

Frankly it'd probably be awkward and cringy if they acted all lovie dovie in front of other people anyways. It always is.
>>
File: bears-cuddling.gif (998KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
bears-cuddling.gif
998KB, 200x200px
>>7377619
>spending Christmas together, alone with your bf, where you can get all "lovey dovey" and fug if you want

OR

>forcing your bf to go to your homophobic family's dinner after they made it explicitly clear that you can't show any affection that might be construed as "gay"

OP has a shit-tier boyfriend, and you're an Uncle Tom.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.