[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it actually possible to repress to the point that you only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4257.jpg (124KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4257.jpg
124KB, 1080x1080px
Is it actually possible to repress to the point that you only """"discover""" that you're trans well into your adulthood (18 y.o and after)? Or would you have had to have actively known since childhood?
>>
>>7344458
It's perfectly possible to know there's something wrong with you but not realizing what exactly is until you're an adult.

Lots of trans people cofuse dysphoria with attraction/admiration/hatred for the gender they are not.

It's more unlikely to happen these days though because there's more information and it's not as taboo as it used to be. But it still possible.
>>
>>7344458
Yes to first question.
No to second question.
>>
>>7344458
Depends which wacko LGBT rep you talk to.

DESU, in my experience dysphoria can come and go, its not something which cannot go away.

I got past it, and never had to transition.
>>
>>7344458
i actively known since childhood, but repressed it, if that makes sense
>>
I think a lot of people know they just don't want it to be true. It's not exactly total repression since the thoughts are always present but they attempt repression.
>>
>>7344505
>hatred for the gender they are not.

More like the gender i am. Well, sex.
>>
>>7344507
>its not something which cannot go away

Sure thing hon! See ya on Susan's sweetie!
>>
>>7344505
>Lots of hurt people confuse inferiority complexes with being transgender, and become trannies seeking to have better self esteem.
fixed.
>>
>>7344458

that was actually my case.

I knew I was different somehow. I knew I was missing "something" boys "instinctively knew" and I tried har dto realize, to no avail I was alwas an outcast among the boys and didn't know why.

I also liked to look androgynous, even feminine sometimes, but didn't consider me trans, considered me a boy.

Never understood why some toys are for boys and some other are for girls, thought people should just play with the toys they like the most.

Then when I was 20, BAM!!! full rage dysphoria. Literally happent overnight, I just realized I wanted to be a girl and that's why I liked this thing and the other.

Then, when I decided to transition and socialize with other trans and cis women, realized that my social instincts werethere, unused, a bit rusty from the lack of use, but I quickly got along with girls and understanding how a group of girl friends worked from the very first day. It came to me, it was an instinct I had but I ignored. Same happent with many other instincts. I even have a very developed nurturing, motherly instinct. And it comes to me like it was already there.

In my childhood I considered myself as a boy, just a strange boy who didn't like boyish things besides a toy or two.

And, after psychological tests and a lot of introspection, I discovered the signals were there, I just was in such a big denial that I couldn't see them there.

Also, I'm a NON-AGP trans, a csts, who is supposed to have a very early onset, never an onset after your teens, never an onset in early adulthood. But guess what? repression, denial and a poor upbringing can do that to you.

I struggled at the beginnig because I didn't fit in the standard trans narrative, but with time I learned to accept myself. Strange as a boy, strange as a trans, who cares? I'm enjoying life right now, and that's what counts.
>>
I've been AGP since around 10-11 but couldn't tell I was trans until 30. The desire to be more feminine and wear womens clothing has been with me a long time. Despite knowing that transexuality exsisted early on, I didn't think I was trans.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.