[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Confirming the Two-Type Taxonomy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: critical-thinking.jpg (10KB, 150x120px) Image search: [Google]
critical-thinking.jpg
10KB, 150x120px
Anti-Blanchards BTFO sillyolme.wordpress.com/category/confirming-two-type-taxonomy/
I read the related study as well, seems almost crushingly legit. Can this put an end to the whining and yelling?
>>
File: candicecover3.jpg (105KB, 300x388px) Image search: [Google]
candicecover3.jpg
105KB, 300x388px
>>7164063
i've read candice brown elliott's blog extensively, she's right about some things and wrong about others
she (like most blanchardians) has a religious devotion to the hsts/agp dichotomy that makes her overlook the things that don't fit as neatly into it, and interprets certain things in strange ways that seem set up to benefit her and make her fit more closely in the 'hsts' category (personally i think she's csts, but not as strongly as she wants to be)
also if you read between the lines of some of jennifer diane reitz's backstory it implies she was hanging out with candice in the 80s and that candice was a self-identified lesbian at the time, so that's a bit of a spanner in the transkid works
but she still has some right ideas and there are some legitimate things in the studies she posts (albeit all those studies are controlled by blanchard and have his methodological failures, like actively kicking out people who didn't conform to the dichotomy)
my typology in >7163958 was inspired in part by reading her work but eventually diverged from it, and i don't even think any typology can get 100% of trans people (no idea what to call lynn conway) or can be considered to have no overlap between groups
>>
>>7164082
that was meant to link to >>7163958
forgot to proofread
>>
>>7164063
but anon reddit told me agp don't exists..
>>
>>7164063
Anyone in the godforsaken tranny community for a solid 5 years will be able to tell you without a doubt, there are types of trannies.

Go figure, the transbians are the least likely to have their shit together.
>>
>>7164082
>i've read candice brown elliott's blog extensively, she's right about some things and wrong about others
I don't really care about her though, I just linked the post because it was a good layman's writeup of the study. There isn't a lot of her own thinking in that post at all and the study's brand new, not controlled by Blanchard.
>>
>>7164113
oh yeah, the brain sex one? you linked to a whole tag on her blog so it was a bit confusing
i've read that study
it's a decent review of the literature
there are other reviews of the literature that come to wildly varying conclusions
i think it's true that varying types have varying neurofeminization/neuromasculinization and this will eventually be unearthed, and the study candice chose to show is one that unearths it in broad, rather clumsy terms
but there are big differences between 'there are types' and 'blanchard is right about everything'
>>
File: retards.jpg (55KB, 638x517px) Image search: [Google]
retards.jpg
55KB, 638x517px
>>7164123
>you linked to a whole tag on her blog so it was a bit confusing
Oh shit, it turns out I'm the dumbass.

Yeah, I meant this one specifically sillyolme.wordpress.com/2016/07/02/brainstorm/
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.