[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite unexpectedly LGBT characters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_2122.jpg (95KB, 795x601px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2122.jpg
95KB, 795x601px
What are some really good characters who just so happen to be LGBTQ, more specifically surprised you with the fact that they were?

I think the most memorable for me is Shinji Ikari (Bi/Pan).
>>
that 24 months version happened to me in 4 months
>>
>>7101867
He's bisexual?
>>
File: IMG_2123.jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2123.jpg
29KB, 400x300px
>>7101883
(No spoilers)

It's mostly ambiguous in the original series, though like most things in the original it's not an illogical conclusion to come to.

It's way more of an established, blatant thing in the Rebuild series.
>>
File: 1468290205695.jpg (42KB, 987x989px) Image search: [Google]
1468290205695.jpg
42KB, 987x989px
>>7101867
Im triggered beyond belief with this picture. Dont ruin my D.VA
>>
>>7101897
I see. I've only watched NGE once but I've been meaning to watch it again, since I kind of lost focus towards the end. That's pretty cool that he's bi though, makes him all the more relatable, and I think he's really cute.
>>
File: 250px-Jcoopersouthland.jpg (8KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Jcoopersouthland.jpg
8KB, 250x187px
>>
>>7101897
>ambiguous
in other words, you're projecting. Shinji isn't gay
>>
>>7102066
My super-straight male friend picked up on it
>>
>>7101870
shut the fuck up, passer

passers into gas chambers reeeee
>>
Shinji isn't gay, he has avoidant personality disorder (r9k: the syndrome) and is lonely faggot prison gay as a result

He is lonely as fuck and wants affection and that sometimes manifests as this vaguely almost gay love for people that show him affection but he's just super desperate

t. PhD in Evangelion
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 704x400px
>>7101867
He sees himself as a girl in instrumentality

Also Sadamoto gushed over how he was such a unique a character he was cause he's unusually girly or so he said
>>
File: 1461245479842.png (299KB, 347x427px) Image search: [Google]
1461245479842.png
299KB, 347x427px
Why does shinji get associated with dysphoria so much

is it a meme

I mean he's gay/bi/prison gay/kaworosexual so I guess he's LGBT but afaik there's nothing to reference or indicate he's trans or has dysphoria in the show
>>
>>7102066
>>7102238
>>7102387

Shinji's predisposition doesn't make his sexual orientation, it only affects it.

No, he's not at all trans although he is often portrayed as fairly feminine, wears women's (Asuka's) clothes at least twice in NGE, and sees himself as a physically matured young woman in The End of Evangelion (this is just a representation of how Rei is everyone/everyone is Rei).

Yes, Shinji is desperate for any sort of positive affection, that desparation doesn't somehow create a budding, subtle romantic attraction between him and Kowaru.

The same way it doesn't create his not so subtle attraction to Asuka, that attraction easily occupying the opposite end of the spectrum, one not based on positive attention and instead based entirely on negative attention and constant competition.
>>
Basically, Evangelion is as deep or as shallow as you want or need it to be. That's why it's so great.

If you just want it to be some dark take on the Mecha genre, that's all it can be.

And if you want it to be an existentialist, semi-nihilistic story that binds Science Fiction and the purest of fantasy (religion) into one? If you want a story that explains the creation of not only all life on Earth but all life period (especially that of the monsters trying to kill all life on Earth) with the Dead Sea Scrolls written by an ancient, precursor race of being who created Adam and Lilith and to seed life throughout the universe; and a host of other 2Deep shit...it's that too.
>>
>>7101867
D.va's getting buffed in overwatch, and that makes me really happy
She's the only character I can play competently
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 257x436px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 257x436px
>>7102551
Shinji is Femgen
>>
File: uPnBbgD.jpg (193KB, 1921x1199px) Image search: [Google]
uPnBbgD.jpg
193KB, 1921x1199px
>>7101867
> more specifically surprised you with the fact that they were
These two. It came out of nowhere and I didn't even realize they're dating until I saw the creators explicitly confirm it. So it seems they were only made canon bisexuals off-screen.
>>
>>7102611
As a Zarya main I wish more people would play D.va.
>>
>>7102962
Fuck YOUUUU
Is there even a character that counters Zarya? I can't think of any.
>>
File: Cjj2V9AXAAAR13f[1].jpg (34KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Cjj2V9AXAAAR13f[1].jpg
34KB, 600x400px
>>7101867
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.