[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Q for Trans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: nodbwpB.jpg (756KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
nodbwpB.jpg
756KB, 1000x1500px
A question for the trans people on here: if gender stereotypes didn't exist, would you have chosen to transition? If you could be seen as having a male/female personality without changing your appearance, would you have stayed as you were?

The above question has been bothering me for the past few years, kind of hoping to put it to rest once and for all.
>>
>>7068328
The whole point of transition is to change your appearance/sex.
>>
Yes, I absolutely despise my physical appearance
>>
>>7068328
Yes absolutely. I've had these feelings since I was a small child, back before I understood gender roles or things like that.

Dysphoria for me is primarily my physical body, secondly about being seen by others as a girl (which involves adhering to female gender roles)
>>
>>7068328
>if gender stereotypes didn't exist
If gender didn't exist, the human race as we know it would be vastly different

A question like this is like "how would your body be like if you were born without a heart but still could live?"
>>
FTM and fuck yes. I've tried to convince myself that bodies don't matter since puberty.
>>
>>7068328
I still would. I know some masc mtfs. Or just masc cis women. But masc/fem =/= gender identity. I'd say I identify with the female sex.. I wish I was born female and with a pussy etc so I want that regardless of gender roles. But like >>7068412 says, we cant say *sure * cuz the whole world would be different
>>
File: metz2.jpg (122KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
metz2.jpg
122KB, 1024x683px
>>7068341

Alright, so bear with me, from what I understand the argument for the legitimacy of someone declaring a new gender is as follows...

...gender is a social construct and, since it's separate from sex, a person could still be a certain sex but have a different gender. Gender is depenent on people's interpretation of it. In which case how is changing one's person's body (and therefore sex), supposed to have an impact on their gender? If a person wants to be seen as their true gender, why would they care at all about what sex they are? Doesn't this mean that they want to be the opposite sex, not gender? In this case why would people argue differently?

>>7068412

But isn't gender supposed to be subjective and defined by society, therefore independent from a person's sex? Isn't this arguing that gender and sex are one and the same in that they're inseperable?
>>
>>7068328
fuck off tumblr
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 560x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 560x800px
>>7068328
Yea, and look at femgen/Femboys for proof.

Even though they like acting boyish and identify with male roles, they still get dysphoria and have the compulsion to take the same kind of hormones and stuff mtf do.
>>
>>7068454
This entire discussion actually involves 3 things:

1. Sex (shell and function)
2. Gender identity (commit to your own shell and its function)
3. Gender (culture, language, fashion).

So yeah.... Gender IS social. But gender identity is not at all. Gender identity is an inborn sense of awareness of the body. Just like a male grabbing and thrusting is an inborn intuitive instinct.
>>
>>7068454
>gender is a social construct
Gender, aka gender identity, is not a social construct.
It's biological, your neurology.

If you want to have any understanding of the world at all, I suggest you drop feminism.
>>
>>7068454
>But isn't gender supposed to be subjective and defined by society, therefore independent from a person's sex? Isn't this arguing that gender and sex are one and the same in that they're inseperable?
No. Gender is inseparable from the human experience because of the ways in which we attempt to subjectify the world. Gender heavily correlates with sex, and we see this take various forms throughout a variety of civilizations, but the point is that gender isn't intrinsically sexual, rather that it's intrinsically human. A human society that does not "gender" its existence in some way has never existed and never will, because gender is simply sex + culture, things which are shared by anything you'd call human.
>>
>>7068454
disphoria is caused by sex, not gender. Trans people want to change their physical sex to match their gender identity.
>>
>>7068454
Because what people are really bothered by is their bodies. Altering that is the way to ease misery. It has nothing to do with gender expression and only a clown would act 'woman' role without changing his body.
>>
>>7068328
>>7068454
The thing is you're thinking about it wrong. Its called transgender mostly because people mistakenly thought transsexual was a sexual orientation, which it very much is not. That's really the only reason that term was invented.

Trans people literally have something wrong with their sex, like the most intrinsic part (the brain) is matched with incompatible hardware. If you try doing work arounds to fit the brain with the incompatible hardware, you're going to serious decrease efficiency, the whole system will be error prone, and chances are you could potentially have a crash at any moment. You can't really change the brain without damaging all the data on it (and permanently destroying functionality) but you can change the rest of the hardware, or at least most of it, until it is more compatible with the brain.
>>
File: metz6.jpg (97KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
metz6.jpg
97KB, 1024x683px
>>7068467
>>7068472
>>7068475
>>7068476

Alright, makes sense. Forgive me, but I always assumed people transitioned because it was an 'easier' way of expressing their gender (vs. changing how society views gender roles), but from what I read here it's more about being a certain sex and identifying with sexual roles that in turn identify gender (ie. women are curvy and caring, men are flat chested and more straight-forward).

>>7068465

Never seen this argument, good food for thought. Makes everything ^ make more sense.

>>7068531

To an extent this analogy works but from my perspective I wouldn't see it as an issue of mismatched hardware. As in none of the hardware is faulty, the brain synchs fine with it and doesn't necessarilly perceieve a real lack of any components. To me it's more the case that the software (brain) somehow develops a dissatisfaction with it, which is more linked with it's personality and personal preferences. In which case isn't the issue the gender dysphoria itself and not the body? Would then the ULTIMATE goal of trans people be to put energy in abolishing this impulse (through a cure) vs changing their bodies, which carries with it a degree of error and is somewhat incomplete due to current limitations in science?
>>
>>7068328
Well I don't have a dick so idk what my personality has to do with that lol
>>
hilariously bad thread
>>
>>7068672
There's grey matter differences so that's hardware.

And brain surgery makes for vegtables and there isn't remotely any idea about how to go and rewiring neuro, so it's the least practical out of all the steps.

And even if they could, why not do it for other things: I mean if you're obviously an incompetent sociopath, and we had Scientology type tech you want, then why not have you rewired to a placid drone?

I mean, if we did have the Scientology type tech, why shouldn't it be used for everyone when there's higher value applications?
>>
>>7068710
Grey matter is a very bad thing to reference when explaining the idiosyncrasies of the tranny brain.

There is significant similarities between the brain morphology of ciswomen&transwomen, and cismen&transmen indicating a related origin. These dimorphic areas are most notably in the: hypothalamus structure/behavior, limbic system, white matter microstructure, and colossal shape.
>>
>>7068467
I'm sure you would know, muh science!
>>
>>7068726
t. triggered TERF
>>
>>7068672
You want science fiction type technology we're nowhere close to. It's much easier to alter the body.
>>
>>7068328
Yes, because my physical body needs to match my brain.

And it'd be easier to transition thanks to the lack of gender roles as we know it. Therefore, less judgment.
>>
File: nigger.jpg (7KB, 160x213px) Image search: [Google]
nigger.jpg
7KB, 160x213px
>>7068729
>>7068731
>>7068753
>>
>>7068328
the worst part is not being seen as a girl But I guess not having girls parts it would be hard seeing myself as a male. I don't really know.
>>
>>7068788

This isn't even a joke on this board, it's just a literal statement kek
>>
Yeah, I can't look like a tomboy if I still look like a man, can I?
>>
>>7068672
>and identifying with sexual roles that in turn identify gender
No. I'm the anon who was talking about how gender is intrinsically human. No.

Gender dysphoria isn't about some logic'd out "women act like this, and I also do... hmm maybe I-" No. No. Listen. This is the truest thing you'll hear this week

Gender dysphoria is about feeling "this gender is not the one that I belong to. The other gender is what I actually am." Any rationales that you think lead into that, you have mistaken the cause for the effect.
>>
>>7068672
>Would then the ULTIMATE goal of trans people be to put energy in abolishing this impulse (through a cure) vs changing their bodies, which carries with it a degree of error and is somewhat incomplete due to current limitations in science?
What the fuck? Stop posting avatars if you're going to rehash the same questions we answer every day.

If trans people had a cure, we'd likely take it. We don't. You say current methods are incomplete and prone to failure. A cure? If treatment is incomplete, that doesn't even exist.
>>
>>7069624
Fuck off with your mental illness justification. Every mtf I know has body dysphoria or are just agp.
>>
>>7069624
>Gender dysphoria is about feeling "this gender is not the one that I belong to. The other gender is what I actually am."
no it isn't
>>
>>7068328
yes
i still hate having tits and a vagina i would still transition
>>
>>7068328
Yes its not the desired gender role I transitioned for but the desire to have the body I shouldve been born with as I felt alienated with my male body.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.