[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asexual General - /acegen/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 41

File: B8qJ3D7.jpg (58KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
B8qJ3D7.jpg
58KB, 960x720px
Cringe Edition
Old: >>6809302

What things about various asexual communities do you find most cringeworthy? Which community/aspect of the popular culture do you hate the most? Share your opinions, discuss; heck, if you'd like, have a circlejerk of hatred.
Non-ace posters, feel free to contribute.
Trolls, this is the thread you've been waiting for. Have at it. (You're welcome)

Friendly reminder that you can hide the thread by clicking the little minus sign to the left, or by filtering "/acegen/" through 4chan's settings (top right).

>So, what exactly IS asexuality?

There are two commonly used definitions, the first (from dictionary.reference.com):

asexual (a-sek-shoo-el) in medicine
3. lacking interest or desire in sex

And the second (from asexuality.org):

An asexual is someone who does not experience sexual attraction

(to prevent confusion; latter preferred)

>soitsfuckingnothing.jpg

If it helps, asexuality is recognized in the DSM-V: "if a lifelong lack of sexual desire is better explained by one's self-identification as 'asexual', then a diagnosis of... [male/female sexual/arousal disorder]... is not made."

>Okay, so, that didn't actually tell me anything.

So you want to read more about asexuality. Cool.

If you want science:
http://www.asexualexplorations.net/home/extantresearch.html

If you want popular articles/videos/websites:
AVEN - The Asexuality Visibility & Education Network (asexuality.org)
Asexuality 101 (asexualawarenessweek.com/101.html)
Letters to an Asexual (and other relevant videos) (youtube.com/user/swankivy)

>/acegen/ I think I might be asexual!

Do either of the above definitions apply to you? Both? Yes? No? Not sure? Start by asking yourself whether or not you experience sexual attraction as it is described here: imgur.com/pdIxHYc

>[questiongoeshere]

Hey, we're pretty chill, so if you've got a question: ask it.

>Also, the map
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1764048
>>
Goddamn choosing an image for this was difficult.

I'm a different OP than the last one. I was making the threads ages ago (hence the slightly different beginning format). I noticed that the previous one died three days ago so I went ahead and made this because it didn't seem anybody else was going to. Probably won't post much. I've been lurking a bit but like never post nowadays.
How're you guys all doing? Has anybody met up through the map?

Like a year ago, if I recall correctly, there was some guy that somehow made a cuddle buddy out of a straight (guy) friend or something. What happened? Anything?
>>
I hate it when Tumblr makes asexuals look immature and childish and just like kids in general, like "OH I'M ASEXUAL I LIKE DRAGONS AND DINOSAURS AND DOGS VROOM VROOM I HATE SEX" like you know that god forbidden post about the weird household that ends with the fiance "just being easily excited by dragons" or some shit like that.
I also hate it that you have to say that you're asexual all the time, like nobody cares if you fuck or not, if you're ace and straight then you're not LGBT because no one is going to discriminate against you just because you don't fuck, and if you're ace and gay/bi (I'm talking about dating, not sex) then you don't just have to throw on another layer of oppression just because you want to be "even more LGBT" because again, no one cares if you fuck or not.
>>
Is graysexual like... really a thing?
>>
>>6952100

>Tumblr

Well, there's yer problem. If you want serious Asexual stuff, you need to go to another site. I won't mention which one, as it seems that if anyone wants more rules on 4chan, the usual reply is to go back to the other site. If you must dance with the Tumblrinas, remember Sturgeons Law.

Alternatively, you could come here and bathe in the raw, acidic opinions that being anonymous gives us.
>>
>>6952061
Slut/kink-shaming is the dumbest thing. A certain amount of ace people just seem to feel SO superior to sexual people. It's grating, and I'm telling this as a very sex-repulsed person.

CAKE LOL is not far behind. It's not like liking cake is particularly rare.
>>
You people are real? I be damned.

Make less sense than trannies.
>>
>>6952061
I want to see an asexual that is not obese. It is hard to take it seriously when the only people you have met claiming to be asexual are ugly, fat people that drop the label as soon as they think the can get sex.
>>
File: 1438373844760.png (152KB, 1194x810px) Image search: [Google]
1438373844760.png
152KB, 1194x810px
Anyone want to be super nice video game druggie
shit artist insomniac memer weeb friends
hmu.........................................................
............................ Ambere#0818 on discolds

>>6952535
This is the WORSE bait Anon...
>>
>>6952554
What games?
>>
File: 1465699495772.jpg (301KB, 727x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465699495772.jpg
301KB, 727x720px
>>6952550
>Be overweight
>Still got sex
>Still could
>Still purge deviants
>Still warmer for cuddles

I'm just too cool for school kid

Perhaps it's me taking a new perspective on things but this entire site seems so much more sexual than it ever was before. I can't go anywhere here anymore in places I used to be able to without seeing lewd mostly trap crap everywhere and I want to say /lgbt/ is the festering hive responsible for it all since I constantly see images and phrases that can be traced from here in /vg/v/a/s4s/g/r9k/ and the likes.

However that entire rant just made me realize I probably spend way too much time doing literally nothing IE monitoring this now awful site trying to form some connection with someone or something only to get frustrated at everyone.

>>6952559
XIV for multiplayer but Dota 2 or any competitive game (or multiplayer in general but mostly ones where I can actively shitpost) would be fine really if I actually had friends to play them with. Same goes for XIV but that's mostly just an escapist lobby friend-finding ERP simulator I'm trying to integrate into without actually fitting in with the majority of anyone there however the search for memes remains hopeful and at least it's a nice world to immerse myself in.

My favorite games that don't involve shitposting though are probably Souls/MGS and also Nintendo platformers are pretty fun I especially think Mario/Banjo in general are pretty great for going fast (the latter mostly for the coziness of the world though) or just games with cute artstyles in general. 100%OJ and Stardew Valley and also Starbound and Terraria and etc are all nice and cozy and fun. Minecraft and any game I can autistically build in are great as well and I'll usually sink large portions of time at once into them.

Also I've been meaning to get a second monitor where I can play the game of shitpost-within-two-mediums-at-the-same-time-without-wasting-time game on /a/ but being a poor NEET w/o a prexisting condi sux
>>
>>6952599
Yeah not the games I'm into, sorry.
>>
>>6952624
Lame I bet you like CSGO
>>
>>6952629
Not particularly, but certainly more than the likes of dota.
>>
>>6952640
reeee

Not my fault there's literally no good competitive games at all anymore. I'm beginning to think the terms "team based" and "competitive" are mutually exclusive at this point at anything other than the highest level of play obviously and even then there's huge obfuscation as to what actual "skill" is and exists more as a spectator spectacle than a competition between the two. Despite all of this all the way up and down it only exists as two teams trying to cuck each other for the knowledge/experience-fueled adrenaline rush with built in "give-mes" known as ultimates in DotA/LoL/Overwatch or what as well might be RNG AK headshots with how much I've had the dot over someone's head while standing still pulled the trigger and have not got a kill in that game. Literally just two teams trying to fuck over the other for their own amusement might as well be the most obfuscated version of a freaking skinner box ever to exist.
>>
File: Kazunoko_vs_Elven_Burst_IK.webm (3MB, 604x340px) Image search: [Google]
Kazunoko_vs_Elven_Burst_IK.webm
3MB, 604x340px
>>6952648
>Not my fault there's literally no good competitive games at all anymore
> I'm beginning to think the terms "team based" and "competitive" are mutually exclusive at this point at anything other than the highest level of play
How about fighting games? It's a niche genre with playerbases way smaller than those of MOBAs but they still exist.

>>6952105
I wouldn't call it a sexuality. It's an attitude that some people have so technically it is a thing. I see it as just a brief way to explain such attitude.
>>
>>6952550
I'm 5'10, male, 155-160lbs. Not fat whatsoever. Still struggle to get cuddles though.

>>6952356
>I like cake XDXDXD
Seriously fuck those people
>>
File: 1472711061195.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472711061195.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>6952870
Fighting games are good but I have this awful thing in my thumbs where it's hard for me to bend them to the point of consistently pulling off any but the most basic of attacks. I can't bend my left thumb forward more than what seems to be a ~30 degree angle and keyboards are incredibly frustrating especially with key rollover on this $15 Logitech.

I really do love smash though still because I don't have to do crazy things with my fingers there and I still love games like SF but it's just hard..

Also Guilty Gear holy crap I TRIED but that game just screamed pointless complexity the tutorial just kept going on and on and on and adding more and more mechanics and despite how much I love everything else that ON TOP OF my already annoying problems made me just give up forever on those types of games.

>>6952356
I don't shame people but it's not hard seeing the perspective of people that do being as frustrated as I am feeling like sex is the only thing people only ever talk or think about.

Maybe I just don't have the right means to isolate myself from it.
>>
File: 54730592.jpg (25KB, 300x278px) Image search: [Google]
54730592.jpg
25KB, 300x278px
>>6952955
>I have this awful thing in my thumbs where it's hard for me to bend them to the point of consistently pulling off any but the most basic of attacks
That's rough. I guess you could always try an alternative way to hold/use the controller but
it's definitely a burden.

>but that game just screamed pointless complexity the tutorial just kept going on and on and on and adding more and more mechanics
It has a lot of stuff but none of the mechanics are actually pointless. With Faultless Defense and Burst it's perfectly viable to win in a lot of cases but eventually some situations appear that make you realize that you need the other stuff.
>>
asexuality is just anxiety, depression or another mental illness

I never enjoyed sex in my life until I did

you are just dumb kids addicted to labels

why not just say "I have very little sex drive"?
saying "im asexual" is automatically assuming things that may not be true for you, but where for like the week you decided to make the choice to be asexual

its just another dumb and redundant label
you know, you could just tell someone how you feel instead of letting made up genders do it for you
>>
File: my feel when.gif (407KB, 535x480px) Image search: [Google]
my feel when.gif
407KB, 535x480px
>>6953441
It seems like you're the one whos applying the label to us using it as a catch-all term.

I know this is hard to comprehend for your newly enlightened self but try to understand that these words exist for a reason and while "actual" "made up genders" serve little purpose other than being a circlejerk in and of itself (theres a reason it only exists in one place) asexuality is far from that and I can't think of anything better I could use to describe myself when it comes to something as major as sexuality.

In the net there's no way to make assumptions, it's a direct exchange of knowledge. Having some basic words for the most basic things humans take into account and engage in is better than just assuming everyone is a straight white male like you'd like.
>>
Know what, I might have gone a bit far by inviting the trolls here
>>
>>6953522
if you feel like the label applies to you, then yes im adressing you in my comment
I didnt apply the label to you using it as a catch-all term, you did
thats what labels do

>asexuality is far from that and I can't think of anything better I could use to describe myself when it comes to something as major as sexuality
its easier to say "my lack of sex drive is actually a sexual orientation, there is more people like me im not weird" (cue >stop projecting reply (I might be a little) than "Im not that into sex, at least not as much as everyone else"

im making assumptions but they are only assumptions, my assumptions
I think thats pretty clear

>assuming everyone is a straight white male like you'd like.
you just assumed I assume everyone is a straight white male
thats hypocritical desu

>Having some basic words for the most basic things humans take into account and engage in
so you are admitting that youd rather say you are asexual than explain how you feel? and that you are assuming that people should know what that means?
stop making so many assumptions if you dont like them

Id argue that asexuality is just a characteristic of your current (mental imo, although hormones play a huge rol) state instead of a sexual preference like homosexuality or heterosexuality
>>
>>6953522
also
>try to understand that these words exist for a reason

what does that mean? that a word exists gives credibility to the thing that its representing?
what about homeopathy? or astrology?

asexuality is (if they didnt change it already) considered a symptom, like op said
>>
File: 1473832270950.gif (867KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
1473832270950.gif
867KB, 480x336px
>>6953643
it's a symptom of logic and you're blatantly just looking to argue.
>>
>>6953658
>you're blatantly just looking to argue.
I am, why is that worth pointing out?
I believe in what im saying

you are blatanly avoiding to argue on the other hand wich makes me feel more assertive of my opinion
>>
File: 76 - MLWpp0c.jpg (429KB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
76 - MLWpp0c.jpg
429KB, 3508x2480px
>>6953712
It's annoying to try to argue with someone as deluded as a person that believes that every single person should in public explain how deeply and complex their emotions are multiple times a day instead of using a word to group themselves together with like-minded people and avoid the headache and share the heartache with someone who's grown closely enough to you or is similar enough to you to actually want to know or deal with abstract pointless emotions which come to the same culmination of objectiveness that has lead to the point of us labeling and acting upon those labels such as instinct has led primitive society upon the path of the male and the female as they have.

Not to mention that since the existence of this general it's been flooded with people from /pol/ and people from /mtfg/ taking their trips off (not that there's much difference between the two) to come shitpost with their inflated egos.
>>
>ask friends for anime suggestions
>they know I'm asexual
>all they suggest is hentai
I have some great friends.

>>6953441
>>6953615
>>6953643
>>6953712
Learn to type, nigger.
Leaving out apostrophes is like leaving out spaces.
>>
>>6952079
Shit, is OP testing us again?
>>
>>6953746
why is it annoying? maybe because you know you are right even tho you cant answer valid points against it? (I can hear you question the validity of my points on your next reply already)
could it be that you are wrong? maybe I am but im much less annoyed than you are, maybe that means something

>deluded
because I dont agree with you? because I question your very new sexual orientation?
>but its not new!
it is, before people just called you frigid
I think that if one of us is deluded, that person is you

>how deeply and complex their emotions are
so you are better off using only one word to describe your complex and deep emotions

>multiple times a day
you think?
do people ask you several times a day what your sexual preferences are or are your the kind of person that has to let everyone know about their sexuality?

so you are saying that asexuality is not about the sexual orientation but its about the community? about not feeling alone?
I said this earlier, its easier for you to say "I belong to a group of people that defines as asexual" instead of "fucking isnt that important to me but it is when im horny"

>or deal with abstract pointless emotions which come to the same culmination of objectiveness that has lead to the point of us labeling and acting upon those labels such as instinct has led primitive society upon the path of the male and the female as they have
what the fuck is this
I apreciete the challenge but my adhd infested brain cant handle this many words in one sentence

there is no such thing as objectiveness, and even less when it comes to asexuality
sexuality is an experience
you seem to agree on very vague things that happen to everyone, some for longer periods than others
Im reading that you behave the way you do because of the label you imposed on yourself? thats is my point
what does instinct have to with this? not a rhetorical question, id like to know
we dont act on instinct anyway
>>
>>6953746
>Not to mention that since the existence of this general it's been flooded with people from /pol/ and people from /mtfg/ taking their trips off (not that there's much difference between the two) to come shitpost with their inflated egos.

who cares

if you want to know, Ive never been to /pol/ and im not a tranny

not like who I am would change what I said
>>
File: iwvsgce.jpg (614KB, 860x1200px) Image search: [Google]
iwvsgce.jpg
614KB, 860x1200px
Anyone want to talk about how much our lives suck.....? Keep me posted.......!

>>6954174
>>6954185
I'm not reading this lol rekt
>>
>>6954084

why would you get angry at bad grammar if you understood the message
stop being so moody, its annoying
>>
>>6954210
you found my kryptonite

Ive won but I dont feel like Ive won

I put a lot of effort on those comments

well played, fuck you
>>
>>6954215
>>6954227
This is obviously a very dumb female lol
>>
>>6953441
>I never enjoyed sex in my life until I did
Asexuality it's about sexual attraction not about pleasure. Unless somethins is wrong with your organism you're most likely get pleasure from sexual stimulus. That doesn't mean you feel the instinctive sexual urges or sexual attraction that a sexual person feels.

>you are just dumb kids addicted to labels
>why not just say "I have very little sex drive"?
I could just go and say that I don't feel sexually attracted to other people and that I don't have interest in sexual content. Or I could just say I'm asexual since it makes up the very definition of asexual.

>saying "im asexual" is automatically assuming things that may not be true for you
Saying "I'm heterosexual" would assume similar things too. Whenever you make an affirmation without solid proof there's an inherent component of assumption, you just have to be able to accept that said assumption is incorrect when proven incorrect, which I can.

>its just another dumb and redundant label
Since there isn't another label with the same meaning it isn't redundant. And redundancy is not always bad. In this case is what we call "synonimous".

>you know, you could just tell someone how you feel instead of letting made up genders do it for you
And in such case I would give them fundamentally the definition of asexuality.
>>
>>6954231
this is obviously a very dumb asexual lol
like every other asexual
>>
>>6954296
I don't know how I wrote that so badly. Holy shit.

>sexual content
sexual contact*
>>
>>6954296
>That doesn't mean you feel the instinctive sexual urges or sexual attraction that a sexual person feels.
it depends
I used to, a lot
then I started on depression pills, my libido died and it remained that way even tho I changed pills
I am able to cum now at least

you make pretty good points anon, asexuality makes a lot of sense to me, but I dont think I wouldve feel this way if I wasnt depressed
I know I didnt

recently my beard started getting thicker, I started getting pimples all of a sudden and I started to get hornier, better orgasms and an actual desire for sex
(I cant fuck tho, unless its with a fuckbuddy Ive known for a while. otherwise I lose all interest and cant even keep a boner)
my psychiatrist says its a spike of testosterone, something common
right now I cant call myself asexual although it was a very accurate definition a little while ago (and again it wasnt much before that)

I dont like making such a miniscule category for something that barely exists and that I think its not consistent enough (for me at least)
Im very opposed to the idea of fueling this new crazy gender trend (even if this doesnt feel like the rest of the new crazy genders)

I think asexuality is a manifestation of something else, not a symptom or anything but caused by something while homosexuality for example isnt
>>
>>6954406
>I used to, a lot
That's an important difference: I never did. Not even during puberty.

>I dont like making such a miniscule category for something that barely exists
There's a lot of things with a name that barely exist such as intersex people (people born with 3 sex chromosomes) and astatine (the rarest element on Earth).

> I think its not consistent enough (for me at least)
Given your background, your asexuality is just as inconsisten as your heterosexuality. Anyway, it being inconsistent doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a name.

>Im very opposed to the idea of fueling this new crazy gender trend (even if this doesnt feel like the rest of the new crazy genders)
I'm opposed too, fortunately enough asexuality is a sexual orientation and not a gender.

>I think asexuality is a manifestation of something else, not a symptom or anything but caused by something
And you may or may not be right but as of today there's nothing that can tell for sure if you are.
>>
>>6953596
Doesn't matter. They would've shown up eventually.

>>6956943
I'm not that anon. But I'm an ace who does have a very active sex-drive and has had one even up until now in my 30s. However, no matter how much porn I look up, or try to force sexual contact with another person, it's never made me horny regardless of the sex or gender involved and what they looked/acted like. If I do get aroused, it's from something else stimulating it like natural hormone cycles. It's nothing more than my body signalling that it is healthy, should I decide I want a partner. But being asexual, I lack the attraction to want a partner. So the urges just get dealt with through masturbation before moving on with my day.

What's weird for asexuals is we share the lack of attraction that both gay and hetero people have toward specific genders. Which is psychologicaly hardwired into us just the same. However, the body alone is much more automated in what it does. So the resulting conflict can be troublesome if it weren't for the ability to masturbate.

It also makes sense that gay is also outside the "norm" but is defined in a similar way; what they aren't attracted to. However that defaults them to define what they are attracted to; which is the same gender. Asexual doesn't have that default because if you swap out the gender, the attraction just stays as a negative.
>>
>>6953746
I'm on your side, but have you ever heard of commas and semi-colons?
It'll help you organize your arguments, because right now it just looks like a huge pile of "fuck you, I'm right."
>>
Am I accepted here if I like guys but kinda ace?
T. Cis guy
>>
Asexual generals are weird. Do you just talk about all the sex you won't be having?
>>
>>6957797
Nah.
We try to outshitpost the trolls.
>>
File: slugne.png (106KB, 462x564px) Image search: [Google]
slugne.png
106KB, 462x564px
>>6957274
That's how I typed it, too! Usage of punctuation may vary depending on how loud the voice in my head is because I often find myself speaking exactly as I type.

Also good morning everyone who actually keeps this general open...
>>
>>6954096
Nah, I just haven't been on in a while. Got tired of the usual explanations and it seemed like it was finally able to sustain itself on its own without my topic starters and such.
>>
File: okijhufd.jpg (15KB, 200x207px) Image search: [Google]
okijhufd.jpg
15KB, 200x207px
>>6957797
No, it's usually "tfw no qt 3.14 gf in sexless relationship" and dealing with armchair psychiatrists that think we're:
>repressed
>depressed
>have something wrong with our hormones
>something else they learned in psych 101
>>
>>6957590
>kinda ace
yeah sure. Just don't use "demisexual" because that's fucking stupid.
>>
>>6959932
More like perverted millennials that think they know everything because of google and aren't afraid to anonymously be wrong
>>
>>6959950
Yes, "armchair psychiatrists"
>>
I don't want to be asexual but i haven't felt sexual pleasure or desire in almost 4 years. I don't post here so i don't know but do you people wish you were sexually active?
>>
>>6960207
Even if I was sexually active, I still wouldn't like it because I wouldn't be attracted to anyone because asexuality is lack of sexual attraction.
>>
>>6960207
>>6960218
I guess I worded that wrong. I meant to ask if you wish you could feel sexual pleasure. Wishing you weren't asexual.
>>
>>6960207
We could be sexually active if we wanted to. In fact it would be easier because faking it is always simpler than being genuine no matter what
>>
>>6960247
not feeling sexual pleasure =/= asexual

Read the OP
>>
>>6960247
I do wish I weren't asexual. Life could be so much simpler, straight or fag. I can still feel sexual pleasure and I do enjoy the physical intimacy, it's just not on the level that allos experience it.
>>
>>6956943
this is what I mean
>>6957180
this anon is crazy
because he thinks asexuality is a thing, he thinks he has it therefore he is asexual by choice

your arguments are great and I cant possibly argue with anything you say
except that asexuality although it clearly exists its not a sexual orientation, like homosexuality and heterosexuality are
if anything is the lack of one which is totally different

>And you may or may not be right but as of today there's nothing that can tell for sure if you are.
why not?
a shit ton of things are known to cause a low sex drive while none are known to cause dysphoria or homosexuality (that I know of)

Im sure asexuality is not a sexual orientation
I can be wrong obviously but thats what I believe
>>
>>6961711
>just not on the level that allos experience it.
whats allos
others?

I dont know man, that sounds like depression, dysthimia or something of the sort
I feel the same way and I have depression
>>
>>6959941
>mfw my friend says 'I'm demisexual'
>>
>>6962024

The way Demisexuality is defined irks me. I mean, after you are young and fuck anything that is relevant to your interests, you settle down, find someone to have a close emotional relationship with and only screw them. That sounds pretty Demi to me.
>>
>>6961711
Don't use 'allosexual', it's a stupid term.
>>
>>6961711
>>6962201
thats what allos mean?
holy cancer, go back to tumblr >>6961711
>>
File: IMG_0776.png (310KB, 916x860px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0776.png
310KB, 916x860px
Okay so I'm an 18 year old mtf that recently started hormones, like 3 weeks ago and I always thought I was asexual since I never felt any sexual attraction to anyone. However recently while slightly under the influence, I started having kind of vaguely lewd thoughts, and thought that rubbing a pillow on my private parts felt good. And continued so ummmm. The rest is pretty obvious

But now I kind of think "That kind of stuff would be super embarassing to do" while in a normal state of mind. Does this kind of stuff always happen? Or am I doomed to end up being lewd? I feel this is the right place to ask since not everyone in mtfg seems to understand asexuality
>>
>>6958194
That's why I said to use it. You should use punctuation no matter how loud you're "saying it in your head." Yelling doesn't make you any more credible (in fact, it makes people less likely to take you seriously), and run on sentences are incredibly hard to read; they increase the chance that the person you're talking to won't even bother to read what you say. So then you've wasted your time typing it out, AND made yourself look like a ranting and raving SJW.
>>
>>6962143
It's always sounded strange to me too. I believe the way people mean to define it is "no sexual attraction towards anyone at all UNLESS they are emotionally close to them." I find this to make more sense, since people usually define it so vaguely, such that it sounds like "experiences sexual attraction normally but only willing to fuck people they really like."
>>
>>6962481
>lewd thoughts
Do they involve you?
If yes, do you have desire to act on those fantasies?
>>
is there such a thing as having sexual feelings but no romantic ones
i mean i wouldn't identify myself as anything at this life stage but i've never had a crush or anything and never been attracted to anyone in person
>>
>>6962481
>>6962789
Probably just just only you, but do they involve another man or woman with you as well?
>>
>>6962810
There is such a thing as "aromantic", which can be wielded separately to asexuality .
It shares that idea that sexual and romantic orientations can be separate/misaligned.
>>
>>6962830
i see
still, probably not worth it to worry about it yet
>>
>>6962789
They did involve me. Though, I don't want to do that stuff because it isn't interesting to me

>>6962816
They involved another girl, I'm only attracted to girls and very feminine boys.
>>
>>6962003
You typed all that to basically just say "asexuality is not an orientation because I say so."

To align yourself with neither is still an alignment. Idk where you're pulling this bullshit from.
>>
What do you guys think about the aesthetic attraction thing? Like if you enjoy looking at someone because they have pleasing features or cute mannerisms. How do you differentiate that from sexual or romantic attraction?
>>
>>6963135
Romantic attraction : I wanna kiss him/her
Aesthetic: He/her looks cute
>>
>>6963135
If all you like is how a person looks, Jesus christ, take a picture; it'll last longer.
>>
>>6963135
It's the same difference between a sunscreen model and a high fashion model
>>
>>6963176
I never said anything about creepily staring at someone. The same could very well be applied to a picture of a person you happen upon online.

But you made such a strong projection that it even makes NASA jealous. Good job.
>>
>>6963265
Neither did I, if you'll notice. You just asked a stupid question that suggested that you don't understand the difference between wanting to date or fuck someone and just wanting to admire them a little. This suggests that you are so stupid that you sometimes accidentally fuck people when you just wanted to look at them.
>>
File: 1472070584758.jpg (156KB, 452x710px) Image search: [Google]
1472070584758.jpg
156KB, 452x710px
>>6962779
>demisexuals

I really hate this term. It doesn't work as an orientation because it doesn't describe what you're attracted to, only the frequency and conditions in which you experience said attraction. By definition, demisexuals are capable of experiencing sexual attraction; it should not be considered part of the ace umbrella.
>>
>>6962003
>Im sure asexuality is not a sexual orientation

Okay, then what am I?

I am not attracted to men at all. I'm not attracted to women at all. I'm not attracted to anything else. What orientation should I consider myself?
>>
>>6963523
Don't pet the wild animals, dear.
>>
>>6963523
>What orientation should I consider myself?
a teenager
>>
>>6963402
Projection and putting words in my mouth? Maybe go back and learn to read you piece of shit. I asked for an opinion on what asexuals think of those who make the distinction since there are also people who don't believe you can think a person is good looking without wanting to fuck them. Usually because aesthetic attraction is usually only seen being defined in places like tumblr.

If you want my personal opinion? I'm an artist so I understand where they're coming from. I don't think it's a symptom of special snowflake syndrome like those outside of the ace community try to paint it as. I just wanted to know what non-tumblr asexuals thought about it.

But go ahead and keep throwing a tantrum. You'll figure out readimg comprehension soon enough.
>>
>>6965165
not that guy but I was kinda confused by your question as well. I would say aesthetic attraction is legit, just kind of a funny term. For instance, aesthetic goals (for me) are like "body goals" or "relationship goals". In that sense it can just be something you look up to or find visually pleasing.
The difference between that and romantic/sexual attraction is that aesthetic attraction ends with liking the way someone/thing looks. Romantic attraction as I've experienced it is feeling an intense personal connection to someone, caring deeply about their own life and wanting them to be happy, feeling happy from being with them, etc.
Sexual attraction is just wanting to bump uglys. Sexual attraction doesn't even necessary stem from romantic attraction for a lot of people.
>>
>>6964074
I'm 31. I've identified as asexual for about 11 years now. Try again.
>>
>>6965809
Wizard. Maybe Hufflepuff.
>>
>>6963516
In defence of demisexuality: I'm an asexual, but I can understand what it's about. I've never felt sexual desire for anybody until I started seeing another dude. I wanted to experience some things (previously khv) so we talked and progressed up from kissing to anal. I was initially indifferent to what we were doing/saying/texting, but over time I began to enjoy it in my own way and wanted to continue the relationship. During this time I never felt any sort of 'awakening' of sexual desire for others. While I don't identify as demi, I imagine this is similar to how they feel.
>>
>>6960247
Sexual pleasure =/= Sexual attraction
ffs why don't people get it ??

(Small rant incoming)

Personally am content to be asexual, though there was a time I was wondering what was wrong with me, but, think about it this way... Sexual people always complain about not fucking this or that time or whatever, and like to blame it on the other's body for being distracted.
At the very least, I don't have to put up with that bs. That's one less distraction in life for ya.

Also sexual urge and being sexually active have nothing to do with orientation. I have a decent sexual drive, but there's no fantasizing, nothing but the body needing to be relieved somehow. I don't even have to act upon it, it's just there.

At the very best, I pity sexuals trying to drag me down because I haven't had ("can't" to them) sex with anybody yet, like ?????? Idgf ??? I could've had it like 5 times or more, even recently, but I just dgf since I'm not attracted to anybody, making masturbation more than a sufficient source of filling my urges.
And THAT is supposed to be an issue according to them ? Weak.

I'm not gonna lie though, there were times I wanted to have sex with somebody, ONLY for others to stfu about it.
>>
>>6968336
That's bs, they still experience said sexual attraction after knowing the person. You don't. You're ace. For what demi is, it should just be called "decency".
>>
>>6965165
>>6965449
Yeah, it was kind of a dumb question. People might not phrase it that way if they aren't tumblrfags, but everyone can tell the difference between good-looking and ugly people, even if they're of a sex they're not attracted to. Straight women especially are pretty much addicted to evaluating how good-looking other women are in comparison to themselves. Though I don't want to fuck anyone, I don't pretend like there's no difference between a good-looking person and an eyesore.
>>
I kinda like ace rings tho since we don't really have anything to cling on. All the gay people have the rainbow and stuff and they always reee when I touch their shit.
>>
File: skinnys.jpg (211KB, 898x829px) Image search: [Google]
skinnys.jpg
211KB, 898x829px
>>6952550
Late to respond but I'm the opposite of obese if it helps, anon. I wouldn't chalk up asex into body types. Forgive the motivation poster its a company bathroom
>>
>>6972552
You're /fa/t.
>>
>>6972777
Rude
>>
>>6968800
I'm just giving my perspective as an ace. After my experience I can understand only having an attraction to another specific person after being intimate with them. idk of that's what being demi is about.
>>
>>6973019
Mmmh aight

From what I've been told by demis and others, demisexual is about growing sexually attracted to a person the closer you are emotionally with them.
In a certain hentai game, that's called "high virtue" lol irl it's just called being a decent human being and developping feelings the normal, progressive way, I believe.
>>
>>6973319
The term 'demisexual' stems from the need to separate a healthy sexuality from the hypersexual normal sold to the masses by the media.

It's no wonder people think they're not normal when the normal they learn is such an exaggeration.
>>
>go outside
>only ace friend moved
>no more lgbt club on my campus
>still closeted around family
>go online
>internet is filled with "the a stands for ally" and internet doctors with a PhD in Googling
>constantly dealing with dumb questions
>>
>>6972547
From what I've seen, most places don't have enough aces to form a community that can do anything for you. Like, maybe I'd want a hundred or a thousand other aces around so that we could back each other up to intimidate other people, but what the hell am I going to do with two or three other aces? Sit around and not have sex with them?
>>
>>6975489
Talk about waifu/husbando taste
>>
>>6952550

I'm 188 cm, 65 kg, employed in the IT business and getting into the BDSM scene but not interested in sexual intercourse.

Does that count?
>>
>>6952550
I have such wide, bony hips. I have stretchmarks from them widening during puberty, if someone hits me on the right spot on my side they will actually hit my poorly padded pelvis and hurt me, and my family complains if I bump into them with my hips.
>>
>the fact that I don't do something is such a compelling feature of my personality (actually, it's the only feature of my personality) that I talk about it literally whenever I can!

I'm going to start a movement called Afairy, where you don't believe in the tooth fairy.

I'm going to make 36 threads a week about it. Since most people don't believe in the tooth fairy, it will be easy for me to start this movement.
>>
>>6976045
okay have fun
>>
I've never had a libido or any sort of interest in anybody, so I've been thinking about getting my hormones checked. I don't really know how to go about it though; do I just ask my doctor to check 'em? Which hormones in particular should I be looking at, as a female? What would be some other symptoms (e.g. physical like small boobs or mental) of low hormone levels given that I've been this way all my life? Would getting a diagnosis do anything for me?
>>
>>6976065
>do I just ask my doctor to check 'em?

No, that is absolutely not what you do. At no point in your life should you ever discuss your health with your doctor.

You should just post about it here on 4chan, forever.

>Which hormones in particular should I be looking at, as a female? What would be some other symptoms (e.g. physical like small boobs or mental) of low hormone levels given that I've been this way all my life? Would getting a diagnosis do anything for me?

Ask your doctor you fucking tard. Do you really think a website primarily devoted to jerking off to cartoons and talking about niggers is going to dispense accurate medical advice?
>>
>>6976065
>I don't really know how to go about it though; do I just ask my doctor to check 'em?
Yeah, basically.
>Which hormones in particular should I be looking at, as a female? What would be some other symptoms (e.g. physical like small boobs or mental) of low hormone levels given that I've been this way all my life?
I dunno we're not doctors. Ask them.

>Would getting a diagnosis do anything for me?
It would stop you from asking strangers online.
>>
>>6976065
But no seriously. If turns out it's something you can fix and you it to be fixed, then you can be a normie.
>>
>>6976065
If you feel sick the way you are ask a doctor but If you feel good there's no need to.

I asked my doctor and he said as long as I don't feel need to change anything everythings fine.
>>
>>6966951
I am Hufflepuff, how'd you know?
>>
>>6975489
I want this too. Acemasonry when
>>
>>6963523
>Okay, then what am I?
edgy
confused
dumb
deluded
self-indulgent
special
a snowflake

but most importantly dumb, and also broken
if you were healthy youd feel differently
if you werent damaged youd feel different
>>
>>6972552
why didnt you take this pic with your phone?
I bet you are ugly
>>
>>6977886
Because my slide phone doesn't have a good camera. I don't have a smart one because everyone I know gets glued to them at work, at home, while out at a social event, and I don't want to be like that.
>>
File: 1474851379132.png (500KB, 423x740px) Image search: [Google]
1474851379132.png
500KB, 423x740px
Any other ex-fake-asexuals who were just abject failures at sex?

Once I finally started fucking at 24 I went turbo-slut mode for a couple of years and now have been in a monogamous loving sexual relationship for years.
>>
>>6977918
you are weird
no wonder you are asexual
there is a reason why people get glued to their phones, think about that for a while
>>
>>6977881
>>6977886
I just got a bingo from these two posts. Where's my prize?

>>6977918
Don't feed the wild animals, dear.
>>
>>6978337
I'm sure some anons will let you not have sex with them

m-me to maybe
>>
>>6975489
"sit around and not have sex with them" whaaaat??
Oh come on, there's plenty to do with people, please. At least they won't be as annoying as some if not most normies i come across, making sex jokes every two fractions of a second, having to comment about how this or that person is hot, what's hot, how to make it hot, and what have you, thus completely straying from the initial topic.
Not saying it's impossible to have an interesting and fun conversation with most people, it's just, it gets tiring when they keep throwing completely unrelatable content onto the table.

It's like one huge inside joke i'll never get, ugh.
>>
>>6978533
sweet, can't wait.

>>6978569
Don't get your panties in a twist mate.
>>
>>6978569
My only ace friend does that all the fucking time. I don't know if he does it as some sort of coping mechanism or because he's colombian.
>>
>>6978569
Asexuals can still have a dirty sense of humor. That's usually the route I go among my friends to keep from being excluded from the conversation. You don't need to want sex to make jokes about it. If anything, being asexual offers an outsider's perspective, making it easier to find the humor in it.

>>6976126
I'm not that anon but I tried to go this route before when I was younger. I found out what asexuality was and severly doubted it's validity. I thought that it used to be a bunch of overweight, unnattractive feminists and sjws clinging to a made up label. So I got my hormones tested and went to a shady doctor to prescribe me some fucked up cocktail of hormones in hopes that it'd "cure" me and force me to want sex with someone. Be it a girl or guy, I didn't care. Instead, my attraction toward either sex never changed at all. They just made me super horny for absolutely no reason and it became annoying after a couple weeks. I stopped taking them and went to another doctor who told me I was lucky I didn't ruin my body doing that.

So anon could do that if they want. But I really reccommend seeing a legit doctor and a therapist along with them. Since a good therapist can help people sort out their sexualities and that includes asexuality. It'll help avoid wrecking their body with excess hormones or other medications that they don't need and could be harmful.
>>
>>6979442
>got hormones tested
>went to shady doctor and got shitty medication
That's your fucking fault.
>>
>>6978645
lmao that's south america to ya

>>6979442
Ey now that's some good advice.

And yes, you're right, one can have a dirty sense of humor. I get dirty jokes. Not on the spot because I'm more into other kinds of humors, but I do get them. I don't make them much because I have no filters and it has surprised people more than it has made them laugh. Ofc, that's not really the problem.

I was more specifically refering to how the conversations have to revolve around how someone or something's hot, etc. And it usually happens after a joke like that.
When it happens, I don't really know what to say or do, and when they ask me, what am I even supposed to say? The usual "woah yep they sure hawt :D haha"? If I ever say I'm ace, OOH you know the drill, it goes on and on about how I haven't met "the ONE", etc etc.
Sex isn't the problem. It's the sexual attraction part they experience that makes it important to them, and I obv don't get it for being asexual. Even day to day issues can revolve around that, and I don't get it. Someone tells me they can't get over someone because they're too hot and shit? W-what am I supposed to say?? Stop thinking about them??? I don't even have this problem, knowwhatimean? It ultimately makes the situation awkward, especially when they notice my poker face.

I probably make it sound like they do it all the time, obv it's not the case.
I just think it's dumb to boil down a conversation between aces to ultimately (not) have sex when you could finally have a conversation that doesn't- well you get it. Eh.
>>
>>6977341
I'm sly like that.
>>
>>6981773
Does this picture actually excite anyone?
It's grainy.
It's small.
The women in it all have loose fat.
The lingerie looks like shit.
The women's hairstyles aren't anything special.
Their backs are all stiff, as if they were cold.

This picture is fucking boring and even for sexual people I wouldn't assume they'd get aroused.
>>
>>6981860
Don't be so quick to generalize.

I've never seen a single episode of Doctor Who.
>>
>>6981851
This. Bifag bypasser here and that's all true. I never understood how some people can be so fucking easy to jumpstart that shit like thos is a turnon for them. Like, did you forget you're not 12 anymore?
>>
>>6952061
Is this it? Are we finally at the point where the ace community has become self-aware and can finally start improving

holy shit the cultural personality is one step removed from anime club rejects
>>
File: 2016-09-30-152145_408x523_scrot.png (181KB, 408x523px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-30-152145_408x523_scrot.png
181KB, 408x523px
Poast yours
https://bdsmtest.org/
>>
>>6973816
>The term 'demisexual' stems from the need to separate a healthy sexuality from the hypersexual normal sold to the masses by the media.
>It's no wonder people think they're not normal when the normal they learn is such an exaggeration.

I'm curious about where the line sits. What is normal? At what point is it exaggerated?
I've considered myself asexual since puberty, and I'm not even a virgin. Only recently have I experienced full sexual attraction to someone for the first time.

I kinda feel gross since I used to be someone who questioned the validity of demis too.

I've been comparing my experiences to my sexual friends, and they don't really line up. I just don't really relate to what they feel.

I haven't been too worried, cause who really cares about what I am. It only really matters to my SO, and even then it's more about a conversation than a label.
I just like trying to understand the human condition.
>>
>>6987082
>from the hypersexual normal sold to the masses by the media.
cut it out with this tumblr tier conspiracy bullshit

I you and I were raised in the same """hypersexualized""" enviroment as everyone else
if anything its healthy to like sex as much as most people do
>>
>>6987209
this was meant to >>6973816
>>
== Results from bdsmtest.org ==
96% Vanilla
37% Non-monogamist
16% Masochist
15% Submissive
14% Ageplayer
14% Experimentalist
13% Dominant
12% Daddy/Mommy
8% Rigger
7% Girl/Boy
7% Rope bunny
6% Exhibitionist
6% Voyeur
6% Brat tamer
5% Master/Mistress
5% Brat
5% Primal (Hunter)
4% Sadist
4% Owner
3% Primal (Prey)
3% Pet
2% Slave
2% Degradee
1% Switch
1% Degrader

I dont know how to find a fetish
all of these are weird and a turn off
>>
>>6987209
>>6987213
As someone with little attraction and drive, media kind of did make me think people are sex hungry constantly. I think now that the normal is less than what j thought before. But I don't know.

How often do sexuals actively feel attracted to someone? Or how often do people with normal sex drives feel turned on? How long does the feeling last?
>>
>>6952599
>Perhaps it's me taking a new perspective on things but this entire site seems so much more sexual than it ever was before
I've experienced the same, may be that mods/janitors on blue boards stopped caring?
>>
>>6954084
why don't you appreciate the deep plots and high drama of hentai anime? Weren't you surprised at the twist in Mezzo Forte? Weren't you trembling with excitement to see if the protagonist of Bivble Black would survive her dark ordeal?
>>
>>6986050

My ( >>6975987 ) stats:
90% Experimentalist
87% Switch
82% Submissive
81% Rope Bunny
74% Vanilla
68% Voyeur
66% Slave
64% Exhibitionist
60% Dominant
58% Non-monogamist
53% Master/Mistress
53% Rigger
52% Pet
46% Owner
41% Degradee
30% Brat
29% Brat Tamer
26% Daddy/Mommy
21% Degrader
21% Primal (Prey)
21% Girl/Boy
18% Primal (Hunter)
11% Masochist
7% Ageplayer
4% Sadist
>>
>>6976065

In an attempt to be helpful, the correct way to get your doctor to check your 'mones is to ask for a blood test to see what your hormone levels are like. Once you get the test done and the doctor has your results, he could most likely help you parse them into non-doctor speak.

As for getting a diagnosis, it would give you the right to say to all those low quality trolls who spam about checking your hormones "I did. I'm still Ace.", but WHY should we get a diagnosis when the majority of the exclusionary rainbow doesn't need to be diagnosed with a craving for teh peen/teh snatch?
>>
Is this the place where all the special snowflakes hang out?
>>
>>6977753
I am intrigued by your views and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

>>6977940
So you went from Ace to Pan, then settled down to Demi? Mr Garrison, I didn't know you posted here!

>>6986050
83% Dominant
82% Rigger
81% Vanilla
77% Brat tamer
71% Switch
69% Owner
66% Daddy/Mommy
65% Voyeur
64% Experimentalist
63% Primal (Hunter)
62% Master/Mistress
49% Sadist
35% Masochist
35% Pet
32% Ageplayer
30% Submissive
29% Brat
29% Girl/Boy
28% Degrader
28% Rope bunny
22% Primal (Prey)
10% Degradee
9% Non-monogamist
9% Exhibitionist
8% Slave
>>
>>6977940
No I just slept around like crazy before realizing I was ace. I was in REALLY deep denial about the whole thing for years afterward before finally accepting it.
>>
>>6991445
Nah you're looking for >>>/lgbt/mtfgen
>>
Is there anyway to deal with sex aversion? Whenever I see a film or a show and the people start making out and clawing each other, I cringe and can't look at the screen. It's disgusting. I feel so immature feeling this way at 20 though. I should have stopped wanting to shove my face in a pillow when kiss scenes happen ten years ago.
>>
Anyone ever wore a black ring like that? I wanted one in middle school but as an adult I no longer care. I don't like jewelry tbqh.
>>
>>6952061

Heard you guys were liking purple like I wouldn't find out
>>
>>6952100
I'm an ace, and for me its just that I hold little to no interest, or can't retain an interest past three seconds.

Don't get me wrong, if I see a nice ass, I'm watching that ass. But for the most part, I'm bored, or don't see a purpose in it.

On the other hand, I'm also depressed off and on, depending on the day/hour/month, so sometimes I'm yearning for affection and other times I just want a roommate. To dumb it down for regards, I just call myself ace.
>>
>>6994723
Yeah, I use one sometimes, and I've seen people wearing a black ring in their middle finger a couple of times. It doesn't work too well. Nobody has ever asked me about mine, and I've never asked anyone about theirs.
>>
What is the best way to find like-minded people? I'm male and "gay," in that I like men and enjoy frotting/mutual masturbation, but dislike/do not enjoy/pretty disgusted by all forms of penetrative sex? Anyone who puts themself out there for a gay relationship is pretty much asking for gay sex. If I use asexual channels, I might have a nice romantic relationship but without just that little something. There's no middle ground and it sucks.
>>
>>7000313
Are you me
>>
>>7000470
A-anon? This is what I w-want too! Finding that middle ground for people like us is regrettably difficult.
>>
>>7000587
Do you identify more strongly as homosexual or asexual?
>>
>>7000710
More strongly as asexual. In saying that, I have fooled around with a gay guy before, which I enjoyed a lot more than I thought I would.
>>
>>7000470
I feel a little similar, but I'd still not want anything to do with fapping or helping my partner get off. I'd love to find someone who was very affectionate, hugs, kisses, cuddles, all that kind of stuff but draws the line at anything sex related. And trying to find a guy like that is near impossible, gay-ish guys are usually promiscuous as heck.
>>
>>7000775
Lucky you. I'm terrified to put myself in any situation with another guy because I don't want to let anyone down by refusing them 'normal' gay sex.

>>7000785
I kind of understand how you feel. Do you think you'd ever budge even a bit for a partner? Not that you should do anything you're truly uncomfortable about, but even heterosexual people in 'normal' relationships have to have some amount of compromise.
>>
>>7000794
Possibly I'd budge, I can't say for sure but if I did love the person then I bet I can tolerate it for them.
>>
>>6952550
I'm attractive, I know you're probably not gonna believe me, specially since there's no pic. trust me, I had my share of pussy before I lost interest
>>
>>7000785
I am >>7000775
What is your aversion to sexual activities? I didn't have any desire to do those things, but wanted to try things out before I stuck by any label. After doing those things I found that I did actually enjoy them, in my own asexual way, and wanted to continue doing things with him. What I'm saying is, be willing to try things because you may find you'll enjoy them.
>>
>>7000853
This makes me think about those countries where they eat worms and cockroaches and stuff, and you're like why the fuck do they eat that I would never eat a snail, but if you go there and try it it's probably not so bad, maybe even you enjoy it and value as an interesting experience, but you're definitely coming back to your culture and only eating the things you find appropriate
>>
> if I see a nice ass, I'm watching that ass.

So, you find it aesthetically pleasing, in that a well-shaped arse looks good and that you can appreciate all the work that went into that arse that makes it look good.

That's a pretty good sign that you are Ace.

>>7002979
The way I'd describe it involves potatoes. Let's say that you live in a country whose cuisine revolves around potatoes. Some people might prefer their potatoes cooked in certain ways or not like their potatoes to be prepared in certain ways, but it is considered normal to eat potatoes. There are some who don't eat potatoes for various reasons (like having a potato-related trauma or a potato allergy), which is acceptable, but seen as slightly weird. Then someone appears who, despite not having a potato allergy or potato-related trauma, just doesn't eat potatoes, no matter how they are prepared. They don't hate them, they just don't feel the need to consume them. (If you want to add in the whole "Aces loev BDSM" meme, you could say that they like making the most complicated potato dishes, but don't feel the need to consume them)
>>
>>7005559
I find my aesthetic attraction usually is focused on faces, hair, and clothes. I sometimes see someone (usually qt girls), and can't help but appreciate their aesthetic. Part of it is that I wish I were as cute as them.
>>
>>7005606
As a gal ace, I too focus on the face, etc. I prefer observing male caracteristics though. I find people to be either just beautiful or cute, as when comparing notes with girl friends, I always miss out on the sexy/charming aspect of people. I've had moments where they'd find someone attractive and I'd only see the uglies. And yeah, Chris Evans is a god, but he's just really cute and an incredibly satisfying figure to look at, to me. I can get the same feeling from watching kittens play in a very tidy, amazingly well decorated room. There can be "charm", but I'd say something more akin to a caricatural sense like a chubby cartoon character could have charm.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161004-010038.png (813KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161004-010038.png
813KB, 720x1280px
Piggybacking off the OP topic: what's the cringiest ace- related thing YOU have done? I'm sure at least half of us are awkward fucks so this shouldn't be hard to get going.

>be me at concert, right up at the stage
>keyboard girl walks up right in front of me at the edge of the stage and presents herself
>people around me reach for her and start groping her legs
>front and center so I must join
>touch her calf
>squeeze it gently
>it is very sweaty
>she looks at me and goes to the other side of the stage

oh god it could have been worse but I was having a great, carefree time up until that point

pic is her
>>
Get the fuck out of here, asexuals arent LGBT you fucking pricks. nobody hates asexuals.
>>
Isn't being in an asexual discussion group kinda like being in a book club discussing books you haven't read? Like what's the point. Why not just get on with life and that and not fuck
>>
I wonder, do the low-grade trolls go into the other containment threads and try to convince the residents that they are not part of the rainbow?
>>
>>7007882

Well, at least you are making an effort to be better than most of the nay-sayers. I'll bite.

It's more that since there isn't as many Asexuals as there are other legbutts, some of us feel alone. Threads like this help us feel that We Are Not Alone. Even if it is a flock of wolves situation where the majority of us are just trolls trolling trolls, at least for the one non-wolf who is truly Asexual, they can feel that they are not as much of a freak as the rest of the world probably thinks they are. We may not be part of the legbutt community, but maybe, one day, we'll make the connection. In the meantime, we'll continue being here in our containment thread on this containment board, trying not to be obnoxious about it. As the OP of every /acegen/ says, if you don't want to see /acegen/, add it to your filter and move on.

Besides, we hate most of the spehasl snoflkes who claim to be Demisexual or Panro Asex or some other defiling of a dead language. We even think that two of our symbols (The Aces of Diamonds and Spades) pretty much have no place existing, as they seem to be surplus to needs. We don't need eleventy billion pride flags for every snoflkae.
>>
>>7007929
Appreciate the response. Was genuinely curious but think I kind of came across as a dick. Yea, makes sense. Its nice to find people you can relate with, and I always find that since its anonymous and people have nothing to gain by being nice that it tends to be more genuine than discussing it with a lot of people irl.
>>
>>7007953
Not the anon, but I just wanted to clarify, it's not about "not fucking", it's not feeling sexually attracted to anybody. We can fuck, but there's no "outward" motivation behind it? I guess you can put it like that... Maybe just get rid of an urge, but there's no association to anything, there wouldn't be the "spark" everyone talks about when they want to fuck somebody in particular.
>>
>>7007478
Nobody hates asexuals.

Nobody understands asexuals and everybody thinks asexuals must be cured...
>>
>>7006796
idk if that's cringe but

>meets dude on omeggle
>discusses complicated subject with dude
>all goes well until dude happens to be very horny, wants me to help him fantasize
>doesn't mind, writes two shitty lines, is enough to get him started
>actually manages to discuss complicated subject over dude masturbating
>manages to keep the conversation rolling as dude's mind progressively deteriorates
>dude tries to cum, fails to enjoy it, is called a "turn off"
>dude finally quits, after an hour or two
>turns out, has learned a lot about initial subject

some people might think I'm awful lol
>>
>>7008896
You need better people in your life
>>
>>7008922
My people are okay.
>>
>>7007882
It's more like being in a book club for a book that you haven't read, but 99% of the world has and can't seem to get the fuck over it. It keeps coming up in conversation every so often and all of it's "sequels" (children and other STDs) too. Sometimes it's nice to have a place where we can be sure the book isn't going to randomly come up (at least, not in the same preachy way it usually does).
>>
>>6991447
I am pretty sure I am an asexual but it told me I am really boring... maybe I am just boring and need control too much to let go and find a lover.

95% Dominant
91% Voyeur
87% Vanilla
83% Primal (Hunter)
79% Brat tamer
75% Exhibitionist
75% Rigger
73% Daddy/Mommy
69% Ageplayer
67% Master/Mistress
53% Experimentalist
49% Owner
49% Sadist
48% Switch
36% Non-monogamist
28% Degrader
19% Rope bunny
17% Masochist
16% Brat
11% Girl/Boy
10% Primal (Prey)
8% Submissive
7% Pet
3% Degradee
1% Slave
>>
>>7007953

>>7007929 here.

It was more that we seem to get quite a few "Asexuality doesn't exist, check your hormones" posters in EVERY /acegen/.

Now imagine if someone went into the other generals and did that.

Now imagine the utter shitstorm that would emerge if someone did that.

As for
>anonymous and people have nothing to gain by being nice that it tends to be more genuine.

I think this quote from Oscar Wilde sums it up quite well.

"Man is least himself when he speaks in his own person. Give him a mask and he shall tell you the truth."
>>
File: juggy.jpg (188KB, 1280x1584px) Image search: [Google]
juggy.jpg
188KB, 1280x1584px
Jughead is a cutie.
>>
Is there an easy way to get a queerplatonic friend? Is it something you can look for like dating or is it something you have to earn? I just want a friend to cuddle with, live with, go out to dinner with, watch cartoons with, hold hands with, be best buds when we're old with, be the cool uncle to their kids...
>>
>>7014234
Easy way? Heck no. Trying to tell most people that you don't want sex out of a relationship is going to be a killer.

[spoiler]Illinois?[/spoiler]
>>
File: okijhugyf.png (125KB, 369x353px) Image search: [Google]
okijhugyf.png
125KB, 369x353px
>>6986050
>you will never be in a kinky, sex-less relationship

I've accepted my life future of dying alone.
>>
>>7014839

People expect sex for holding hands and friendship? Wow, soon they're gonna want sex for talking to them. I should just avoid people then.
>>
>>7014234
Uhm.. Isn't that just having your best friend as a roomie? What's with the extraweird words these days, man... I can't keep up with all that stuff.. Are people that lonely or something that they have forgotten what socialising is like and have to make up pseudoscientific words for the most basic shit like having/earning!!! a best friend? Really???
>>
>>7015374

It's a different degree of best friend, a very close friendship. The Judy to my Nick, the Sherlock to my Joan, the Sasuke to my Naruto.
>>
>>7015374
It's not a new concept, just putting names to it. I have several friendships who'd qualify as queer platonic, but we just do what we do and don't call it anything
>>
>>7018684
The pico to your chico
>>
So what is the ratios of asexuals who really honestly have NO ATTRACTION/NO sexual existence (per the name) vs ones that simply don't envision any sexual scenario as worth their time?
>>
File: aSyRcmI.gif (3MB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
aSyRcmI.gif
3MB, 450x450px
>figure out I'm asexual
>ok cool. I was wondering what the fuck was going on with that
>start getting negative feelings when being made to choose a gender
>mfw
How do I stop the snowflake-itis from developing? I'm going to kill myself if I end up only feeling okay with xie/xim/pupself/it/they pronouns
>>
File: storms1.png (16KB, 417x448px) Image search: [Google]
storms1.png
16KB, 417x448px
>>7020689
I dunno. There hasn't been enough studies on asexual people for there to be a legit ratio. All we have is a survey from a website from years ago and some general stuff about asexuality.

It's best to just look at sexuality like this graph.
>>
Theory: True asexuality doesn't exist. You are all just sexually stunted and would immediately have intercourse with someone if you only overcame your avoidant or schizoid personalities.
>>
>>7020755
Show me your degree in psych, please.
>>
>>7020755
>if it wasn't for your sexuality and your personality, you would choose sex

What the fuck am I even reading? What else is there? I'm not remotely asexual nor am I particularly convinced its a thing, but if you remove someone's sexuality and their personality, what the hell is left that can make sexual decisions? Their spookums?
>>
>>7020770
Don't feed the animals, dear.
>>
>>7020770
True asexuality would mean not desiring partners despite perfect conditions. i.e: Choosing voluntary extinction.

The asexuals ITT do indeed have a sex drive, else they wouldn't touch we genitals except for cleaning, ever.

Instead of taking pride in their damaged sexuality, they should work on improving themselves and their conditions, because not having sex makes people quite miserable. It's one of the basic human instincts.
>>
>>7020790
Again, show me your degree and you can keep talking. If not, keep walking and hide the thread.
>>
>>7020790
But you're not answering the question, you're evading it. You said if it wasn't for their sexuality and personality, they would pursue sex.

What else is there that could compel someone to have sex other than their sexuality and personality? Sorcery? Their spookums? What?
>>
>>7020818
If you feed the animals, they won't go away.
>>
>>7020818
I already answered it before, but I'll tell you again:

A good therapy session. And a perfect environment that would suit their various needs.

Like an understanding significant other. Or a nice sex surrogate. Or viagra and anti anxiety pills.

As per >>7020751
there is no "asexuality", just low sex drive and obstacles that may be insurmountable for the individual to overcome without external help in order to achieve regular intercourse.

>>7020820
Then special snowflakes like that one here wouldn't have to play the victim card, because they finally got to fuck and feel like a proper human.
>>
File: 1469248802000.png (6KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1469248802000.png
6KB, 493x402px
>>7020884
And I'll tell you what I have told the others:

I have done therapy. I have done medication. None have helped because this is who I am. This is not an illness because it hasn't impacted my life in a negative way.

And even when my drive is up, there is no desire to have sex with anyone.

So again, show me your degree. Because obviously, if you're telling us advice like this, you must have something, right?
>>
>>7020790
> random d00d says not having sex makes people quite miserable (not even understanding that it's not about not having sex but w/e)
>am actually more miserable when people only talk about sex around me like fucking addicts
>am honestly quite happy with my life rn, enjoying my hobby and job, have a few nice friends, learn things everyday, have a cat as wonderful roommate, have never experienced the need to kill self ever

People who say no sex makes you miserable, I always get the feeling that they're too addicted to sex, thus get miserable if they don't get it. It's quite laughable if you ask me!
Half the problems people I know have is due to sex somehow, they always have to complain about sexual tensions and things like that. I like to think if people were less into sex, it would fix a lot of unecessary conflicts, especially gender related conflicts. Also, why so bent over populating the Earth? Let's get real, we're highly irresponsible as a species, we're already making it hard to live for everyone, we might want to fix this before going on. Let's not make this a terrifying Idiocracy, shall we... :3
>>
>>7020919
have you never fapped in your life?
>>
>>7021161
Sex with a loving bf or gf is actually quite great. Hugging them, cuddling with them, making nice dirty love... whisper in their ears as you fuck them

Different strokes for different folks, I guess

But good to see you're voluntarily extinct. More room for my offspring :3
>>
>>7021261
I masturbate frequently but as I said, there is no desire to have sex with anyone.

>inb4 another diagnosis about how I'm actually just mentally stunted or traumatized even though I have nothing like that and have talked to therapist
>>
>>7021291
but you do have desire to have sex with someone: Yourself. So you're not asexual, just autosexual.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoeroticism
>>
>>7021314
Read the OP before you talk.
>>
>>7021320
and if you fap to displays of other people, or even animu figures, they clearly cause sexual stimuli in you, which directly translates to finding them sexually attractive.

I'm sure you think "I want to fuck them, get sucked off by them, cuddle with them" or the like when fapping to some porn.
>>
>>7021336
nigga, you ain't even trying anymore. Seriously, read the stuff you want to criticize.
>>
File: random anime girl.jpg (161KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
random anime girl.jpg
161KB, 1280x960px
>>7021320
Oh, and I did read it:

>asexual (a-sek-shoo-el) in medicine
>3. lacking interest or desire in sex

Which clearly goes against you having selfsex.

>An asexual is someone who does not experience sexual attraction

What do you fap to then? Empty thoughts of nothingness? Clearly, if they make you orgasm, you'd find thinking of the eternal void just as sexually attractive as fapping to some random doujin or bukkake porn.

To be a real asexual, by the definitions in the OP, you should experience nada sexal interest or desire, not even with yourself. And have no sexual attraction (stimuli) caused by any sort of display of sexual characteristics of anything.

What do you fap to, anon?
>>
>>7021349
Nice counterargument, Mr "I fap to things but they are totally not arousing me sexually."
>>
I propose this general gets renamed to "hyposexual".
>>
>>7021356
>>7021361
Okay, let me break it down in basic terms. You see this graph here? >>7020751

You know how there are bisexual people that will often drift more often to one side than another? Or how there are people who are strictly gay or straight?

A person who is asexual can drift within that square. So there can be asexuals who are slightly sexual to one or both genders or there can be asexuals who are what you call "true asexuals"

Also hyposexuality doesn't work for us according to the dsm v so it actually can't be named that scientifically.
>>
>>7021371
Holy shit, you've been here for almost 5 hours, get a life
>>
>>7021270
>implying that i choose not to reproduce, when it clearly isn't the case

You really don't understand how that works, do you? As per usual, normie mixes up libido, the capacity to have sex overall and sexual attraction, because these concepts are so intertwined in their small mind~
>>
>>7021356
You do realize that sexual organs are just... Organs... Right? You can stimulate them without the help of some brain shenanigans, it's physical, I mean, how many dudes have boners just by accidental strokes, huh. I could mention other delicate things that occur during rape for instance, but let's avoid that.

Since we can't fantasize about anything or anyone while masturbating (at least I know some other aces and I can't), we just focus on the physical feeling and get done with it. If you ask me personally, it's more of a bother than anything else. In the end, I use such stimuli to fall asleep faster or de-stress in a pinch.

Nice try trolling tho, it's just hilarious how none of you get it or try to make it sound like we're having such a hard time! Really, we're fine! Thanks for your concern lol
>>
Why is there no place in the ace community for nonpresenting aces like me?

I've got sex with my gf twice a day and try hard to enjoy it but deep down I don't feel sexually attracted to having sex with her. ;___;
>>
>>7023320
what's "nonpresenting" tho? ._. (genuine question)
>>
>>7023383
someone who doesnt show they're asexual on the outside
>>
>>7023428
But almost everyone doesn't show they're asexual. Even gay people don't show they're gay unless they have a "I like dick/pussy" shirt on.

>>7022803
If you make asexuality the new atheism, I will personally make you the face of the meme itself.
>>
>>7024805
>suddenly, flamboyant aces are a thing (oh sh-)

Jokes aside though, I'm not quite sure how to take the rest of what you said lmao
>>
>>7024854
Basically, you usually won't be able to tell someone's sexuality by simply looking at them.
>>
>>7024865
MMH Sorry I meant the thing about the new atheism
>>
>>7024865
3/10 not a bad lelpost I could almost believe you really are a flamboyant gay who's not self aware and thinks he's stealth ;)
>>
>>7024891
Oh, I meant the trend where atheism became euphoric neckbeards talking about how superior they were compared to the brainwashed sheeple.

>>7024901
I said "usually" but okay.
>>
>>7024925

OOOoh, gotcha.
I'm mostly being ironic, thankfully.
It's not the first time I get condescending remarks from other sexual people, just like the troll above. And the worst part? They aren't even trolling. Idk about you, but I end up responding with the same tone after a while since they can't afford to mind their own business.
>>
>>7025026
I really should just have a copypasta for comments like
>you're emotionally/sexually stunted
>hyposexuality
>lol straight
>"true asexuals"
it'll be easier that way
>>
>>7025797
Heyy that's a neat lil idea you got there, yesss sir~
>>
Out of curiosity I'm posting here.

I'm never satisfied with sex, its not that I don't orgasm (I do) but I often hate having it and the thought of putting my dick inside someone freaks me out a bunch.

I've been told I'm "good" and sometimes I make connections with people but my hearts really not in it.

Is a asexual tendency or something that I need to get over?
>>
>>7026101
Sounds more like sex repulsion by the way you're explaining your situation. Do you experience sexual attraction? As in looking at someone and feeling "I want to bang that"?
>>
>>7026114
I feel that way when I watch porn.... but in real life when I see someone actually spreading their legs everything is just automatic. I would rather be watching King of the Hill or doing something else.

I do feel attraction to personalities still though.
>>
>>7026132
Oh, then that's probably asexuality if you're experiencing a lack of sexual attraction.
>>
>>7026101
Ay sounds like being sex repulsed with a tinge of aromantic. What exactly do you mean by "your heart's really not in it"?
>>
>>6952100
I dunno, I tell people I'm ace quite often.
(Largely because I know I come across as a creepy autist and I'm terrified of my inept attempts at friendliness appearing as though I'm coming onto someone.)

Whether you fuck or not is occasionally valuable information when in a context where fucking is a relative possibility (i.e. when alcohol is around.)
>>
Hi /acegen/

I'm a young ace man that likes working out, cooking, and cuddling with movies and vidya.

I'm new here.

How are you today?
>>
Hello everyone, I'm currently not sure how much I fall into the asexual spectrum. I'm currently 22 and never had much of a sex drive if any. I've never really masturbated as well, I tried once and felt nothing. Whilst I have had sex twice it was mainly just to please my partner at the time, I didn't feel anything while doing this. Whilst I am romantically attracted to the other gender I have no idea what my sexuality is and if I fall into asexuality.

Pls help
>>
>>7029278
Mmh, lack of pleasure? Do you mean you don't feel anything physically, or that you don't have any particular desire to go on? Do you still feel the physical stimuli?

You may want to try asking yourself if you ever fantasize about the opposite/same gender (in a sexual manner, obviously). Also, if you look at someone, if you ever get the feeling that you want to fuck em, something along those lines.
>>
>>7028579
Goodday sir
Doin' just great here, playin' dem videogames, snackin' on dem snacks, drinkin' dem drinks, chillin' in bed, basically livin' the liiiife

All good on your side of the blue space globe?
>>
not a real sexual orientation
>>
>>7029800
Yea it's pretty nice

It's been a bit rainy, but at least I'm not in florida
>>
>>7030263
okay, that's, like, your opinion, man.
>>
File: 05e.png (484KB, 496x700px) Image search: [Google]
05e.png
484KB, 496x700px
>dive deep into the ace shitcourse on tumblr because I'm a masochistic fuck
>not having sexual attraction at all = normal = straight
>the fucking tiny population of aces will eat the queer community out of house and home for their resources
>if ace people are accepted, that means pedophiles will have to be accepted
>the personal stories from aces of corrective rape, corrective therapy, sexual assault, and gaslighting do not exist and are still a benefit of being straight
>being raped is just misogyny. Men don't get raped and therefore there is no reason to notice a underlying link
>if you face different types of discrimination, you can't join our club. idgaf if trans people had this argument with gay people years ago
>you can't use the term "aphobia" because there it's a rip off of homophobia and totally could not have come from other -phobia words like "xenophobia" or fucking "fatphobia"
>you can only be lgbt if you're trans or have some same gender attraction unless you're bisexual and are attracted to the opposite sex and non binary because that's okay for some reason
>saying you're asexual is gross because no one wants hear you talk about your sex life
>aces can't use allosexual because it lumps together lgbt with non lgbt but trans people can use cis because idk
>let's parade the worst of the aces to show how bad all of them are and why they can't join but aces showing examples of lgbt members is homo/bi/transphobic
>if all of you were good little ace people, you wouldn't have to deal with this shit. No, I'm literally not copying shit I've heard from racists
>you can't be in our special club because you don't share the same discrimination as we do. If you do, it doesn't matter because it's not specific and other members of lgbt experience it
>mfw it's literally just the same shit transwomen deal with radfems and bisexuals deal with
>mfw I'm literally waiting for the heat death of the universe to kill us all
>>
>>7029412
"o you mean you don't feel anything physically, or that you don't have any particular desire to go on? "
Both really, I feel nothing and have never had much of a desire to have sex. Sometimes I get a bit of an urge while I'm drunk but it isn't a lot.
"if you ever fantasize about the opposite/same gender (in a sexual manner, obviously)." This never happens I only desire someone of the opposite sex for companionship and if they're visually pleasing.
>>
>>7031751
Yeeep, sounds like you're asexual to me!
Though keep in mind I'm obviously not a specialist. Just another fellow ace here.
You not feeling anything might just be due to you having a very low sex drive to begin with :)
>>
>>7031199
m8 y u do dis 2 urself

Here here... *hugs and pats back*

I'm curious tho, who are the worst aces out there?
>>
>>7032545
Yeah I've been to the doctor to see if there was anything wrong with me, they did say I have very low testosterone but that was to be expected since I'm a girl. So that may account for something.
>>
>>7032596
Basically just a bunch of homo/bi/transphobic ace people that were also called out for their bullshit by other aces.
>>
File: 1422166677796.png (239KB, 365x570px) Image search: [Google]
1422166677796.png
239KB, 365x570px
>>7033360
it also doesn't help that racists, radfems, sjws, and anti sjws use this same tactic of finding the worst of a group to attach the traits to the entirety of the group.

Because everyone knows that all black people are stealing, killing, stupid animals. And all transwomen are pedophilic, misogynistic, men who just want attention and don't even want to transition. And all gay men are just pedophilic, aids-infecting, mental asylum patients. Because that's totally how it works.

I never want to read that shit again. It was like hearing someone actually believe in time cube theory.
>>
here's a topic I'm curious over.

for all you aces out there, do you have underlying issues, like depression or trauma, or do you just not care or lack an interest?

For me, I'll look at someone, think "oh hey, they're cute", but go back to what I was doing almost immediately and not pay them any mind. But on the other hand, sometimes I have people pressure me to talk to the opposite sex and really the only thoughts are "leave me the fuck alone" or "not worth my time". Like my attention is limited or I am just not motivated enough to give a damn about socializing.

I do like to watch people's asses like a sperg, but its just the fascination I have with the movements or physics, not so much a "I need the booty" thing.

since its debated if aces are really depressed or repressed, I wonder if there's any truth to that, or if we can debunk it?
>>
>>7034208
The only people that say they're depressed or repressed are people who aren't qualified to say that because they read a wiki page.

There's literally ace people who are fine with fucking someone but they wouldn't choose to do it because they're ace.
>>
>>7034208
Also, repression tends to not be used in psychology that often because it's very debatable and someone could actually feed misinformation to a person through this process.
>>
File: rockytn.gif (5KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
rockytn.gif
5KB, 800x800px
Not sure if I'm asexual. Can I get opinions from some ace people?

I've always considered myself asexual, since I've never felt sexual attraction towards other people once in my entire life (I'm in my mid-20s). I masturbate, but that's purely for the physical sensation. But a year ago I started my first relationship, and we have sex. I have strong romantic feelings for him, so I decided to try sex just out of curiosity. We do it regularly, but while I enjoy the act itself because it feels good, I still don't feel like I'm *sexually* attracted to him. I don't feel any desire to have sex, and would be just as happy never having it.
>>
>>7034395
You don't hold any association between sex and your partner (or any other person for the matter), for instance if seeing him doesn't make you want to have sex with him specifically, then you're not sexually attracted to him... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ That's it, you're ace.
You can be ace and have sex and enjoy it, that just means your sexual organs are doing fine lol
>>
>>7034208
I've come accross people who said they were ace, and digging deeper they've had some traumatic experiences.
And I've come accross people who claimed to be ace but later came out as furries or pedophiles and such.
And then there are the 'true' asexuals who don't have either.
>>
>>7035805
All of this happens in other orientations, though. There's not really a correlation as far as I know. The only thing that I've read about is how prevalent autism is in ace people.
>>
File: neo-cube-magnet-toy-1-415[1].jpg (19KB, 415x250px) Image search: [Google]
neo-cube-magnet-toy-1-415[1].jpg
19KB, 415x250px
>>7034208
As an ace and an artist, I look at things too no booty no nothin I just look because the shape is interesting to me.
I'm afraid that someday someone catches me staring at some boobs or butts or anything else insistently and gets the wrong idea. Truth be told, I just look at anything I deem fascinating the same way.
Put a colorful object or geometric shape in front of me and that's it, you've lost me forever and ever BYYE

>>7036139
I haven't been diagnosed yet but whenever I do the tests on the internet, I get some crazy high score for aspergers or whatever
>>
>>7034208
Don't really care t b h
Apparently according to some internet test, I'm depressed ??
>>
>>6959932
Adachi always gets me. Even when it's just a photo of him.
>>
>>7034208
I'm the same as you. I think people are cute but I don't instinctively want to have sex with them. I just like to see their faces and the cute parts of their body, which varies from person to person.
>>
>>6952061
Someone came out as "akoisexual" in my fb feed.

How's that even a thing? I didn't even know it was a "thing". What the actual fuck. How's that even part of the asexual spectrum to begin with?? I mean it, WHAT the actual FUCK...
>>
>>7042490
It's not really an orientation. Orientation is what you're attracted to. Not how. It's only a thing because that person needed a word for how they are attracted. Think of demisexuality.
>>
>>7042490
Also, it's based on the asexual spectrum because there still isn't a true feeling of sexual attraction. I personally don't like those identities because they're usually just things one person made up for themselves or for a single study.
>>
Does anyone else go through the cycle of thinking sex might be interesting and then taking back those ideas? I go through it about every couple months where I post on /soc/ and realize that my idea of sex is not what other people think and get disgusted. Mostly on the part that there's another person there with another set of genitals and agenda and pair of hands.

I can't wait for fully automated sex bots to be a thing.
>>
>>7042622
What is this, some kind of personal manual to the world? How do u work sirrr? Which buttons should I push and when?? BIP BOOP 2040 incoming, here's your personal identity manual, don't forget to share or people might grow sexually attracted to you BEFORE you! UH OH!!

Yeah, no, I barely take demisexuality and whatnot seriously to begin with, since like you said, it's not really an orientation but how you do things.

In a romantic sense, I wouldn't call myself demihelicopterowhateverromantic just because I tend to grow romantic feelings for someone AFTER I get to know them. Geez, who gives a flying fuck.

>>7042650
Then what the heck IS a TRUE feeling of sexual attraction??

Sorry if I sound bad (raaaant), I can't help but be in total confusion at these sorts of things as they don't make any sense to me. There's always something new everyday, what the heck!! I can't wrap my head around the concept! And I'm not even THAT old!! SMMHH
>>
>>7042783
...Are you drunk? You're either a try hard or drunk and I can't tell the difference. Either way, chill, mate.

imo and from the experiences of various gray aces, aces, and non-asexuals, "true" sexual attraction is something that is strong and occurs frequently.

For example, a normal person will probably feel sexual attraction like once a week.
Gray aces would be months or years or decades.
Aces would be none.

And the people that choose these words don't want everyone to use words like those. They just be more comfortable with a word that says exactly what you are. I'm quite sure I could make a word that described sometimes having sexual attraction to male like bodies only after a storm with rainfall above five inches.
>>
>>7042833
Ok? I guess?...

I'm not drunk nor a try-hard, from what do you pull a conclusion like that? I'm just fed up because to me it makes no sense.

Anyway I'll chill now alright.
>>
>>7042745
Nope
>>
>>7042883
It's because of your excessive quotation marks, capitalization, and jokes that sounded like you were trying really hard to be funny compared to your previous posts.
>>
File: 1463605140715.png (158KB, 390x388px) Image search: [Google]
1463605140715.png
158KB, 390x388px
>you will never have a kink based relationship because you're a sex repulsed ace
>>
>>7042833
okay, not that anon, but what if I normally not sexually attracted IRL but sometimes I'll look and watch attractive people and sometimes maybe wank form there on
Is this still considered ace ?
>>
>>7044155
Oooh... Well that's good to know. Took notes... I don't exactly want people to think I'm a drunktard or something just because I tend to let my inflections reflect onto text in the heat of the moment.
>>
>>7044867
No
>>
Do you think that ace people are generally happier or unhappier than people with a libido? Because essentially a regular source of stimulation for other people is out of the question for you.
>>
>>7045349
Ace people can still have a libido. I'm not

>>7044867
You're description is a bit weird. So you don't experience sexual attraction?
>>
>>7045459
>>7045459
wow, I just looked back at my post and fuck, this is why I shouldn't be typing right when I wake up. I meant, "Ace people can still have a libido. This is why some aces still masturbate. I'm not sure where you're going with this because it's mostly wrong."
>>
>>6952061
Why do you guys need a way of showing you are asexual?

Let's assume you see somebody with that. Do you walk up to them and be like:"hey im ace too. Lets talk about not having sex."
>>
>>7047227
Nah, it's more like "Hey, I'm ace too." and that's kind of it. It's like wearing a really stealth weebshit shirt. I've heard relationships have been formed because of it, though.
>>
figuring out that I was ace actually helped me understand my gender identity a lot better.
>think I must be bi because I don't care about whether or not my partner is a man or woman
>figure I must actually be pan since I don't have any prejudice against non binary or trans people
>eventually realize I'm ace because no matter who I was with I wouldn't want sex from them, and sex was never important to me to begin with

and in almost exactly the same way:
>think I must be mtf trans because I don't identify with my assigned gender
>figure I must actually just be nonbinary since I don't feel strongly associated with either gender
>just now figuring out that I'm agender because that's literally exactly what it is, and realizing that I've never associated with binary genders at all.

It's like I've reached nirvana, suddenly nearly everything about myself makes sense and all the things about being mtf trans or being in sexual relationships that made me uncomfortable has a reason that I can explain out loud. It's fucking incredible.
>>
>>7047487
>tfw you realize you're ace and suddenly everything makes sense

I still feel a bit bad for the people who tried to come onto me and I was completely clueless as to what was happening because I didn't understand what they were feeling.
>>
>>7047227
"Why do gay people need a way of showing they're gay ? Let's assume they see somebody with that. Do they walk up to them and be like "hey I'm gay too. Let's talk about how we don't have sex with women" "
>>
File: mistake.jpg (18KB, 280x277px) Image search: [Google]
mistake.jpg
18KB, 280x277px
the biggest mistake when asexuality was becoming more well known was the huge arguments that came out of it.
"if you have sex youre not pure. lol i cant get aids having no sex is amazing. i dont HATE gay people or trans BUT they gross me out lol."
the people who actually try to force asexual people to have sex, the people who say sex is required and everyone must have it, or families still arranging arranged marriages for people who want nothing to do with marriage or sex has largely been ignored because of the infighting.

now everyone seems to mostly just:
1) ignore asexuality as legitimate
2) think theyre all whiners, spoiled, and rich
3) refuse to acknowledge they have problems

tl;dr: more people know what asexuality is! and now most people think theyre idiots, spoiled, and rich and think they have no problems at all.
>>
>>7048644
>idiots, spoiled and rich
What? Where does that comes from?
>>
Non-ace dumping my opinion BC I'm really frustrated with a friend and hope maybe someone can give me insight on her shitty opinions/tell me if she's just an asshole.

I hate asexuals who expect understanding but refuse to give it.

My roommate is ace and she has the most ignorant opinions I've ever heard from someone under the age of 40.

"Gay people choose to be that way"
"I don't understand trans people"
"Gay guys with lisps do it on purpose to SOUND gay."
"Anyone who is stereotypically x is wrong"

She's also a narcissist so you literally can't argue her about anything.

She also has a lack of understanding about how sex actually works

"No its totally normal for a gay couple to have a masc top and a fem bottom and that's the norm"

I tried to tell her that most gay men are just normal dudes and you won't necessarily be able to tell anything by looking at them and she bit my head off.

Also "its not like you NEED sex anyway"

She's ace/aro and doesn't understand at all the need for close/intimate human contact, and assumes that anyone who needs those things are weird.

Off these things would bother me about anyone, she just happens to be ace so it grinds my gears even more because she demands respect for herself without having any for anyone else.

>she isn't unaccepting of these people necessarily, but she thinks its all a game basically

Was going to come out to her as trans (first person i tried) and she shut me down before I even started by talking about how much she doesn't get trans people and why they can't just "do whatever they want and not worry about gender roles."
>>
>>7049749
I don't know what kind of insight are you looking for but yeah, she sounds like a real asshole
>>
So I just got asked to go to somewhere with someone and I think it might be like a "date", but I don't know. I asked a friend who has lots of dating experience and she basically said the guy is ugly, which did not help me at all.
He's awesome and I enjoyed hanging out with him the one time we met, however I'm really not at all interested in dating, for obvious reasons. Do I need to clarify that it is/is not a date and explain that I am asexual and uninterested in dating, or can I just go with him and hope that he isn't wanting to have sex with me or something.
I'm not really out about it in case I change one day, however I really don't want to lead anyone on.
>>
>>7049877
I guess just whether it was common for ace people to completely not understand sex? I haven't got any other ace/aro friends so I can't really guage based on others I know personally. I guessed that it was just her being a shit but you never know.
>>
>>7049906
Her narcissism is stronger than her asexuality, the latter makes her not understand sexuality and the former makes her be a bitch about it.

Tell her to go fuck herself, say that maybe she'll like that. Narcissistic people usually do.
>>
>>7031199
Why did you dive into the Tumblr Trench?

I admit that there are VERY FEW good tumblrs (Animal Crossing ones are pretty good, as is Collar Sixx), but the majority of them seem to be "I identify as a planet. My preferred pronouns are xhie/xhirs/xheimselves. I have PTSD because some MANPIG dared BREATHE in my gravity well." otherkin bullshit.

That's not to mention all the speshal snolflkse who want to have a unique sexuality, complete with a linguistic necrophiling title and non-symbolic pride flag.

>>7034208

Do you believe that there is a "root" to someone's sexuality? That there is one event or thought that causes someone to think "Ooh, I feel like having a bit of cock up me arse" or "I don't think I should breed. My genes are a shit"

Because that's pretty much what you are asking. Try that over in the other gens and see how well that goes over

>>7034395

Do YOU think that you are Asexual?

There's your fucking answer.

>>7047227
I'd like to just like there to be a discreet symbol that one could wear that isn't shared with another sexuality/fetish community. Something that I can wear while running in stealth mode that I could spot on other Aces so I could give a small nod of knowing that I Am Not Alone. I just want some way of knowing that I'm not the only Ace in the Village that this general isn't just a flock of wolves situation.

That said, the symbol would have to have some sort of unspoken agreement that 1) you don't tell humpers about what it means and 2) If you see someone wearing the symbol AND NO OTHER SIGNS THAT THEY ARE ACE, you do NOT run up to them and shout about how awesome the symbol is and how awesome it is to be Asexual. Some people just want to remain in submarine mode for a bit longer or are in hostile waters and cannot safely surface

Unrelated, but I'm now going to use submarine terms for Asexuality. Submarines are awesome.
>>
>>7049749
That's sad. I can see where she's coming from as an ace, but the rest is just pure ignorance, shitty fantasies and narcissism combined. Fuck that, you certainly don't need that in your life.
>>
>>7050127
>pirate voice
"Ooh, I feel like having a bit of cock up me arse"
>>
>>7049749

Your roommate an asshole.

Just because you are not likely to use that knowledge does not mean that it is useless. Find out where the nearest gay bar for Bears is and show her that not all gays are the "limp-wrist, lisping effeminate pansy" stereotype.

Ask her if she CHOSE to be Ace. When she replies in the negative, ask her why she thinks gays chose to be that way.
>>
>>7049889
I hate these situations.
Might be best for the both of you to be honest with them. It's not an official date, you were just asked to go somewhere with them is all. If it turns out to be a date (to them), they should've told you first hand. It's kind of dishonest to trick someone into a date like that if you ask me. You can just tell them that you aren't looking for dating atm, they should understand if they care.
>>
File: 1453769133618.jpg (35KB, 680x464px) Image search: [Google]
1453769133618.jpg
35KB, 680x464px
Asexuals aren't real. They're simply broken and are sick people. People are living things. Living things are driven by nature to fuck. The fact that they aren't probably means they have a hormone deficiency, a psychological disorder, or a neurological disorder in which case there are treatment options for those.

Don't encourage sick people to stay sick.
>>
>>7050938
lebbit internet education le atheist genius face :D
>>
File: eyeroll_therock.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
eyeroll_therock.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>7050938
weeww
>>
>>7050938
I-is it against the rules to get a bingo from a single post?
>>
>>7050938

Asexuals are real they're just not /lgbt/ and need to stop barging into lgbt spaces being homophobic and transphobic as fuck and demanding lgbt spaces be completely free of PDA like a bunch of christian puritans. Even though they were set up specifically because lgbt PDA is stigmatised and even dangerous.

Don't even get me started on aromanticism that shit is even worse.
>>
File: XXFu9gm.png (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
XXFu9gm.png
77KB, 500x500px
>>7051253
Yes, just paint all of asexuals the same because all of them totally act the same. All white people are totally prejudice and privileged and steal other cultures with their pasty hands. Transwomen are real, they're just not women and need to stop barging into women spaces being misogynistic as fuck because that's how all of them act. Gay people need to not be around children because all of them will rape and convert our kids.
>>
>>7051253
I don't appreciate this, I am ace and support others sexuality.
>>
>>7051902
Dude, it's quite obvious they don't care about your feefees. tbqh you're gonna have to grow some thicker skin if this hurts you. This type of thinking is common.
>>
>>7051553
>>7051902

>BAWWW THE HOMOGAYS ARE OPPRESSING US

Yeah you are all the same. 'Cos being viewed as wanting to muscle into a community for pity points is the exact same as people wanting you and everyone like you eradicated apparently.

This is exactly my problem with aces. Literally their only problem is people act like asexuality isn't an option and you guys act like that equates to the bullshit real lgbt people a face.
>>
>>7051939
thread:hey, this is annoying
you: triggered much? >:)

welp, I'm done with this conversation. I can see this going no where.
>>
>heh... my mom doesn't love me more than your mom doesn't love you! u can't possibly kno how it feels to be a real mentally ill person!
>>
File: jhgfd.png (80KB, 268x200px) Image search: [Google]
jhgfd.png
80KB, 268x200px
>tfw someone is hitting on you and you have to figure out a way to turn them down without looking suspicious
>>
File: low q b8.jpg (17KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
low q b8.jpg
17KB, 600x600px
>>7052033
at least try to be different, mate.
>>
>>7051966

'Cept it wasn't this is annoying was it. It was directly comparing being accused of making lgbt all about you to legitimately harmful stereotypes which literally get us killed.

And in the process... making lgbt all about you. You're not oppressed. You're not lgbt.

>>7052033

This bullshit false equivalency looks like it was written by a twelve year old.
>>
File: We_94eb0c_5991138.jpg (17KB, 224x326px) Image search: [Google]
We_94eb0c_5991138.jpg
17KB, 224x326px
>>7052141
>>
Alright. Let me ask all those who think that Aces don't belong in the Rainbow.

Where DO we belong? Where are our "safe spaces"? Where can we get support that won't consume the Rainbow's resources?

Because as far as I can tell, HERE is the only place that I can feel accepted. HERE is the only place I have ever interacted with other Aces and even now, I sometimes think that this is a flock of wolves situation and that the only one I can be sure of being Ace is myself.

(If any of you say Tumblr is the Ace Safe Space, I will reach through the screen and END you)
>>
File: UyT1PKT.gif (661KB, 245x179px) Image search: [Google]
UyT1PKT.gif
661KB, 245x179px
>>7052799
>(If any of you say Tumblr is the Ace Safe Space, I will reach through the screen and END you)

They already think we're straight autists. Don't make the stereotype real.
>>
File: 1462726830909.jpg (86KB, 952x539px) Image search: [Google]
1462726830909.jpg
86KB, 952x539px
>>6952061
Wish I was an aromatic asexual desu

Proper jealous
>>
>>7052976
Not really sure what you would enjoy from it. Everything we lack would aggravate a normal person.

Plus, there's the underlying fear of being alone which is always fun.
>>
>>7052799
Dude, chill, you need to talk or something?
>>
>>7052799

Make your own instead of bursting into LGBT ones and demanding gays stop hugging and kissing each other to avoid offending your puritanical sensibilities.

I mean fuck
>google asexual
>www.asexuality.org
There you go, your own community where you can exist without co-opting another community and sending it fucking backwards.

Don't like that one? Make your own.

Or hell just keep posting here, it's only one thread and the fuck is anyone gonna do about it. As far as LGBT spaces it's mostly real life ones that concern me because you insist LGBT people who've fought for places to "PDA" without being harassed or killed should cut it out.

Just be ready for the odd person like me to jump in and tell you how fucking self-entitled you are.
>>
>>7053038
I know this is probably going to go nowhere but no one here is doing that to lgbt spaces. All we do is complain about not having a qt gf/bf. Sounds like you're just being an ass and using stereotypes.
>>
>>7053038

>Make your own instead of bursting into LGBT ones and demanding gays stop hugging and kissing each other to avoid offending your puritanical sensibilities.

...what? I have never done that. I'm not Aromantic Asexual. I don't even know of any LGBT safe spaces that I would even do that in. As far as I'm concerned, if you want to perform PDAs, more power to you. I'm not likely to barge into an LGBT safe space and demand that they stop making out because it offends me. If anything, if I saw two guys/girls making out, I'd smile and give a slight nod. If I saw someone haranguing the couple, I'd try and stand up for them. After all, if I do not speak out for others, who will speak out for me?

>>7052995
I'm just getting sick of how it seems that no matter how many /acegen/s pass, we STILL get people coming in here and saying "Asexuality doesn't exist. You just need a good fucking" or similar when if you tried doing similar in, say, /cislesgen/, you'd be banned so fucking fast, you'd leave afterimages.

I just want somewhere safe I can surface. I can't keep running silently for this long. The waters around the Rainbow seem no longer safe to surface in. Even here is not safe. Safer, yes, but not safe.

I'm tempted to start namefagging in /acegen/, just so that I'm not totally silent.
>>
>>7053117

Eh, Maybe you're not but people are. Also >>7051553 compared being told they were to legitimate oppressions against LGBT people which is another thing that fucks me off about the ace community. So to say that "oh we're so oppressed" attitude doesn't creep in would be disingenuous. I guess that's a seperate issue to the one you mentioned though.

I am being an ass yeah, but the "stereotypes" aren't just bullshit used to dehumanise you and justify oppression against you. They're legitimate grievances people have with the ace community because, on the whole, the ace community is pretty fuckin shitty.
>>
>>7053149

No one needs to speak out for you. Aces ONLY problem is that people don't treat it like a valid option. No one beats you up or murders you for being Ace. There's literally no legislation that disenfranchises Ace people or criminalises asexuality anywhere.

I'm not saying you're invalid, I'm saying you've got a whole fucking bag of chips on your shoulder
>>
>>7053183
Yo, >>7051553 was me. I was comparing not the idea that people don't take me seriously but actually the fact that you are using the same mannerisms that people use to oppress members of the LGBT. I don't care about people taking me seriously. I mostly care about the massive painting that people do to others because that's bullshit.

And people have been beaten up and harassed for being asexual. And there are still consummation of marriage laws in countries.

Also, there are ace people who have been raped, kicked out of families/communities/jobs,

And people have dehumanized aces and aros using such stereotypes. Here's some examples:

>aros are heartless fucking machines (similar to bisexuals being cheating sluts)
>both aros and aces have become suicidal from a lack of support group
>tacking on personalities because of their sexuality. Asexuals are prudish robots that are uncomfortable with anything sexual. (all gay men are feminine and like madonna.)
>tacking on childhood trauma (asexuals are just traumatized. gay people are just traumatized. trans people are just traumatized)
>sex is seen as a need that all beings should want. Aces are then seen as unnatural.
>romance is seen as a need that all beings should want. Aros are then seen as unnatural (gay/bi/pan people are unnatural)

Note, I'm not trying to make it seem like the problems that other people face are less. I'm simply comparing our struggles. The mud we all wade through is still the same height, we're just a bit taller. Same mud. Different height.
>>
>>7053568

Oh like the dog pic.

>And people have been beaten up and harassed for being asexual. And there are still consummation of marriage laws in countries.
>Also, there are ace people who have been raped, kicked out of families/communities/jobs,

Any names? I could probably name a 100 dead trans women. In response to consumnation of marriage if both of you are on the same page you can just lie about it. And in most countries unconsumated marriages stand, they're just still eligible for annulment. This seems like kind of a reach.

As for your greentexts. Pretty much all of them are due to a lack of being treated like a valid option, which, I admit, is a legit issue but it's your only one.

The tacking on personalities is a false equivalency. Gay people do get stereotyped as feminine, but feminity is inherently viewed as inferior by society and that's where a lot of prejudice against gay people comes from.

I hadn't even got to Aros, but since you brought it up, there is no fucking way I'll ever accept cis men who go around humping and dumping woman and saying they're oppressed because "omfg i have to lie to these women about wanting a relationship!"
No way am I ever accepting a womaniser as a valid lgbt identity. I'm sure you'll tell me not all aros are like that, but enough are and as soon as they realise identifying that way gets them pity points they'll be all over your movement like flies on shit.
>>
>>7053169
>maybe ur not but ppl are!!
Who?? Who's doing that? What do you expect us to do? Do you want us to police them? Do you realize we're on 4chan? Thanks for bringing into light an issue we weren't necessarily aware of, I guess, but we can't control people's whereabouts. There are bad people everywhere. Not to mention that we're a very scathered and small community compared to the others to begin with.

Besides, >>7051553 was only pointing out how quick you were to put an whole community into the same boat just because of a few bad apples you happened to stumble across (which is fucking ironic if you ask me), not to make a scene about how "oppressed" we are. Doesn't that show something big about you...

If I had to make a post like yours everytime I found a fucktard from any community, I'd have to quit my job to write fulltime. Do I make a scene into the community in question and dump everyone into the same basket? NO. They're just dicks. One in a thousand. Be the better person.
Besides, if I did, I'd probably recieve death threats or some bs like that.

>>7053149
Just because you have "BIG" problems doesn't mean anyone else doesn't and should suddenly shut up about it. We're in our corner talking about our "little" problems, what's the issue here? Oh! Some dick when outta his way and talked shit? BIG DEAL. Just tell him off!
Considering how people are slowly getting "fed up" for no legitimate reason about us, considering their remarks on how we're sick, etc, I'm starting to think we're headed towards bigger problems. Do we have to blame it onto the bad apples you keep refering to? Don't be silly.

>>7053634
I've never heard any aros be like that, but shit, if I did, I'd tell them to fuck themselves. Can't you do it too? Is it too hard to tell a shitass off about their toxic attitude?
And what is it about "enough are"?? Because I haven't met a single one yet.

Reprehensible behavior is reprehensible everywhere. Decent people are thing, you know?
>>
>>7053634
Forgive me, but I'm going to cut up your post to discuss it better since you brought up multiple points I want to talk about. (Also, the dog was actually Kyubey from Madoka Magica.)

>Any names?
Unfortunately, I do not have any names due to the stories being online and them wanting to remain anonymous. Also, there's the fact that the asexual community is still developing and we're very small. According to certain animal studies, we're probably about 1% of the population and I believe that's including the entire spectrum. In a few decades when the community is stable and has actual networks, I could probably tell you a few names, then.

>In response to consumnation of marriage if both of you are on the same page you can just lie about it. And in most countries unconsumated marriages stand, they're just still eligible for annulment. This seems like kind of a reach.

I'm simply responding to the fact that you said there are no laws that effect ace people. With such laws, they do impact aces.

>Pretty much all of them are due to a lack of being treated like a valid option, which, I admit, is a legit issue but it's your only one.
I'm not sure what you're getting at because people also do not agree with homo/bi/pansexuality or being transgender because it is not a valid option in their eyes and this is where a lot of of their hate stems from.
For example, a person listens to an anti gay pastor and believes that they are

>The tacking on personalities is a false equivalency. Gay people do get stereotyped as feminine, but feminity is inherently viewed as inferior by society and that's where a lot of prejudice against gay people comes from.

Perhaps I should use another analogy, then? Being robotic is similar to how people think of asians as being robotic and emotionless. Or how black people are aggressive and hypersexual. (cont'd)
>>
>>7053785
Shit, forgot to fully add my example:
"For example, a person listens to an anti gay pastor and believes that gay people are simply straight people sinning because being gay is not a valid option, this can start various abuse and possibly deaths"
My bad.

>I hadn't even got to Aros, but since you brought it up, there is no fucking way I'll ever accept cis men who go around humping and dumping woman and saying they're oppressed because "omfg i have to lie to these women about wanting a relationship!"
>I'm sure you'll tell me not all aros are like that, but enough are and as soon as they realise identifying that way gets them pity points they'll be all over your movement like flies on shit.

You're seeing a very similar thing occur within trans community. Transcum and tucute/transtrenders. There was also the "wiggers" in the hip hop community. And the "omg, I'm so gay/bi/pan" phase people go through. These things are bound to happen when one group begins to mix with another. I'm not really sure what you were trying to prove with this analogy. This is more of a slippery slope fallacy imo and sounds very similar to the "if aces come in, the straights and pedophiles will come in" line of thinking
>>
I meant that pic that goes around with the two dogs one is a puppy ones an adult and they've just been through a mud puddle.

You probably won't be surprised to find out I think comparing that to ace people and lgbt people is a false equivalency.

>>7053785
>In a few decades when the community is stable and has actual networks, I could probably tell you a few names, then.

It's ok I can wait. Also you're probs more than 1% of the population. like you say, it's new.

>I'm simply responding to the fact that you said there are no laws that effect ace people. With such laws, they do impact aces.

Cool. I'm banned from a large number of countries on pain of execution.

>I'm not sure what you're getting at because people also do not agree with homo/bi/pansexuality or being transgender because it is not a valid option in their eyes and this is where a lot of of their hate stems from.
For example, a person listens to an anti gay pastor and believes that they are

The anti-gay pastor doesn't doubt that gay people exist. He thinks they live in sin. Ace people act like lgbt folk with high visibility are privileged simply due to being highly visible even though this actually puts them in more danger and marginalises them more.

>Perhaps I should use another analogy, then? Being robotic is similar to how people think of asians as being robotic and emotionless. Or how black people are aggressive and hypersexual. (cont'd)

I'ma let you finish but I gotta say I'm not sure I like where that's going. When you co-opt other oppressed peoples narratives it really leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. It seems to be Aces' main line of defence and I'm really fuckin sick of Ace people comparing Trans women who don't want ace people eradicated to Terfs who very much do want Trans women eradicated.
>>
>>7053798

There is no slope. Aromanticism allows and celebrates those kinds of people right from the outset. It's just, like you said, Ace/aro doesn't have a huge amount of exposure right now.
>>
>>7053854
>When you co-opt other oppressed peoples narratives it really leaves a bitter taste in my mouth
I'm not anon but I think it's meant to leave a bad taste, precisely because that's how stupid stereotyping people based on their features sounds.
Also wtf are you talking about...

>>7053857
Did I read that right? Aromanticism "celebrates" straights and pedos?... What!? How?
>>
>>7053857
Celebrates? Anon, that's bullshit
>>
>>7053958

No you read it half-wrong.

Aromanticism celebrates straight men who hump n dump woman from the very outset and considers them lying to women to get sex a form of oppression against them (the straight man) instead of being predatory against women.
>>
>>7053854
>It's ok I can wait. Also you're probs more than 1% of the population. like you say, it's new.
Well, that all depends on the studies and funding we can get but for now I'm going to stick with the 1%. As I've said, it's only been a few legit animal studies so it's going to take awhile.

Also, it's not really new. The name is new but the occurrence is not. Think of it as me saying The Americas weren't really discovered. People have been on that land for quite a long time.

>Cool. I'm banned from a large number of countries on pain of execution.
Again, I'm simply responding to the fact that you said there were no laws and I gave you examples. You're bringing in the oppression olympics when I explicitly said that I am not trying to lessen other's struggles in my previous posts.

>The anti-gay pastor doesn't doubt that gay people exist. He thinks they live in sin.

I'm sorry but did you read what I wrote? I actually wrote "anti-gay pastor doesn't doubt that gay people exist. He thinks they live in sin." in that same fashion. I don't think you're actually reading my post thoroughly and I'm starting to get a feeling that I will not change your mind. As far as I can tell, you have stayed at the mindset of "All ace people are this way because I've seen/heard some stuff. This makes me uncomfortable because there is a chance of me getting attacked or have my identity further rejected due to their inclusion."

Even though I have proven these thoughts wrong, you continue to hold such a mindset.
>>
>>7054020
(cont'd)

>Ace people act like lgbt folk with high visibility are privileged simply due to being highly visible even though this actually puts them in more danger and marginalises them more.

No one has said gay/pan/bi/trans folk are privileged for that here. The only thing I could see someone saying that in such a manner would be towards the fact. Again, you're using stereotypes and bad apples for your agenda.

>I'ma let you finish but I gotta say I'm not sure I like where that's going. When you co-opt other oppressed peoples narratives it really leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. It seems to be Aces' main line of defence and I'm really fuckin sick of Ace people comparing Trans women who don't want ace people eradicated to Terfs who very much do want Trans women eradicated.

This is because it's very much easier to equate mannerisms and such to something people have experienced or already have knowledge of. This is a basic part of empathy and understanding so I am simply using those techniques.

If I were to talk about a struggle that is only relative to a community, it won't really ring true towards an outsider. Someone who isn't color blind isn't going to understand the struggle of such a thing without actually setting something up for them to feel or experience something.

Also, I knew you were going to say that (this often happens in discussions like this), so I must say that I'm included in some of the groups I speak of.

>>7053857
>There is no slope. Aromanticism allows and celebrates those kinds of people right from the outset.

I'm not really sure where you're looking but that's not really celebrated. In fact, it's mostly a celebration of simply being able to have friends and a platonic relationship. They usually try to stamp out the "womanizer" types you were speaking of.

So yes, that is a slipper slope fallacy because you added the cis male womanizer types.

>>7054003
Again, where are you getting this from? Can I get a source?
>>
>>7054003
I'd argue those are just manipulators. Again, bad apples.
It's like the whole friendzone bs where the girl keeps the guy around for her advantage without reciprocating the feelings, then playing the victim card. Obviously, not all girls are like this.
It's just shit behavior and a decent person wouldn't do that, they'd rather call out on it.

>>7054027
Anon, I must say, props to you for keeping your cool.
>>
>>7054027
shit, this is why I need to stop typing shit when I get tired.
"No one has said gay/pan/bi/trans folk are privileged for that here. The only thing I could see someone saying that in such a manner would be towards the fact that there are more studies, talks, and such towards those groups compared to asexuals. Prostate cancer gets more funding than breast cancer. It's still cancer so no one is privileged for having a different type of cancer. It's fucking cancer."

Sorry again for my shit brain.

>>7054093
Nothing can be done with bad mouthing. It's much better to type out stuff and make sure they understand it. It's mostly a practice for essays and such since it never changes minds but I like to think that others reading it are changed or feel more comfortable with their identity due to my talking.
>>
File: 3Dz15[1].gif (477KB, 498x286px) Image search: [Google]
3Dz15[1].gif
477KB, 498x286px
>>7054112
Nah, you're right.
Well, it worked for me at least. Seeing you take the time to write collected responses did actually calm me down.
>>
>>7054112

I'ma be honest you're a lot closer to changing my views than it may seem to you. I don't like being against aces, it makes me feel like a dick. But god damn some of the anti-ace arguments i read are just so convincing and some of the.... bad apples... are just so offensively frustrating.

>>7054217

If you get mad you get tone policed to fuck anyway.

People will straight up lie to you and say they would have supported you but now they hate you because you deserve it for getting mad or whatever. go figure.
>>
>>7054240
Yeaah I know... Usually, I try to step back as soon as I get a tad mad and come back at a later time with a clearer mind.

I do get where you're coming from though, this is why exchange is so important. The bad apples are as annoying to us as they are to you, really.
>>
>>7054240
Oh trust me, I have seen those anti-ace arguments. This >>7031199 was also my post. I was actually convinced for a bit before I did that dive and actually started read the stuff against what they were saying. A lot of it is the same shit I've heard from other groups that do not like the other groups I unfortunately fall into.

A lot of the anti ace arguments usually have the same idea of:
>usage of bad apples to prove point
For some reason they keep saying ace people call gay people "filthy allogays" but no one has actually screencapped or linked it. Everyone else who has said something terrible, usually gets their virtual shit kicked in.
>incorrect definition of asexuality and usage of the "-romantic" "-sexual" terms ace/aro people made
>looking down upon the usage of certain terms due to appropriation
This one really sucks because there's a large portion of autistic asexual individuals on tumblr and it appears they actually mashed together some of their words or tags. (ex: actuallyautistic + actuallyasexual and allosexual + allistic). Plus it doesn't help that people can probably come up with a similar sounding word by chance.
>the addition of asexuals will make the lgbt group less legitimate due to the less serious problems asexuals face

>>7054272
>The bad apples are as annoying to us as they are to you, really.
There's a reason why I try to shut as much dumb shit said in this thread as possible. Mostly because other people are reading it and they'll think we're all like that. I usually let people be garbage when it's not hurting anything but I'll be damned if asexuality becomes a fucking meme like atheism or bronies. It got pretty close with that cake shit.

I actually stepped in to this argument because I saw that you were probably not going to set a good example.
>>
>>7054366
Nah, thank goodness. I actually only wrote one response wayyy after you, then a couple of shorter ones. I had seen the sensible ones before then (especially >>7052799, which could have been me years ago desu - criiinge), so I was really hoping for a voice of reason to step in at that time.

I'm somewhat grateful to have been exposed to such problems. I'm very new to the community. Would be a shame to see it turn to utter shit so soon due to ignorance and lack of awareness...
>>
I don't get it, since when does everyone hate asexuals?
I don't pay much attention to the community but what?
Like I've never even seen anyone be anti-ace before...
>>
>>7055168
convenient punching bag for delusional, mentally ill people
>>
>>7055168

One thought is that we are "other".

I'm going to copy something from elsewhere that explains what I'm getting at.

" If your countries cuisine has a lot of potatos in it, you would think that any normal person would not refuse to eat potatoes. Sure, they might not like their potatoes cooked certain ways, but a normal person is assumed to eat potatoes in some form or have a good reason not to eat potatoes (ie: allergic to potatoes or has some sort of potato-related trauma). Then, they meet someone who doesn't hate potatoes, but doesn't eat them at all and asks not to be served potatoes. The non-potato consumer is going to get odd looks when word gets out that there is a person who, despite not having a potato allergy, turns down potatoes."
>>
>>7055353
yay dem potatoez :D was sure I read that recently - credits to >>7005559 <3

I find it kind of unsettling that there are people annoying enough out there who are making people hate us, and we don't even notice what's going on.
Before really getting into the community, I had a vague idea that we weren't really recognized within the lgbt community and that was all, never put much thought into it, didn't even care, I mean I kinda got why we weren't, so eh...
Anti-ace seems like an extreme term. Is it really hate? Or just not buying into it and trying to actively debunk it or something?
>>
>>7055168

For me it started with disliking the concept of aromanticism for the reasons I mentioned above.

It moved onto ace after seeing obnoxious ace positivity posts with ace people living forever or boasting about not getting STDs which made it seem like the poster thought life is a horror film and they're the white virgin girl with no personality.

Then came the discourse and I was convinced, and I'm sure if I went and read a load now, I'd be convinced again.
>>
>>7055436
Uuugh, you're breaking my teeth lmao

I've been guilty of taking up an obnoxious stance, but only if the person in front is being as obnoxious like they act like knowitalls, believe we're sick and keep saying how we have miserable lives for not having sex or something (why so supposedly concerned about our well being anyway?). Honestly, after hearing it a thousand times, it finally gets to me to the point I want to do the same just to show them how annoying they sound. I do my best to make it extra cheesy though, to show it's just an act. The person who would actually mean those things would have to be reeeaally full of themselves.
>>
>>7055407

Funny thing is, the person you credited was me. I completely forgot that I already posted the potatoes thing.

>>7055539
I may have been somewhat obnoxious in going to threads and saying things like "Fun fact. Asexuals don't get STDs. If you can deal with not humping, you might have a nice companion". That said, I didn't go into /bigen/ and say things like "Bisexuality doesn't exist. you need to pick a side". (The only time I've posted in another gen was to ask for instructions on how to make the bookshelfchair in OP's picture)

As for
>No one needs to speak out for you.

There is a piece of poetry that shows why speaking out for others is a decent thing to do

"First, they came for the socialists and I did not speak out because I was not a socialist
Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist
Then they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a jew
Then they came for me and there was no-one left to speak for me."

Aces wanting recognition doesn't diminish your dilemmas and oppression. We may have different struggles, but maybe we can struggle together. Even if the A stands for ally, it doesn't exclude Aces from being allies, right?

If an Ace comes into your safe spaces and starts spouting puritanical bullshit, punish the person, not all Aces.

>>7055539
>I do my best to make it extra cheesy though, to show it's just an act.

Problem with that is Poes Law. Basically, the more extreme the position, the harder it is to distinguish the parody from the parodied.
>>
>>7007478
>nobody hates asexuals
>you fucking pricks

>nobody hates asexuals

fucking brilliant
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.