[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

socializing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: sit.png (188KB, 654x490px) Image search: [Google]
sit.png
188KB, 654x490px
I wasn't sure if I should ask this in /adv/ then decided to ask here.

I've never had a girl friend and I've had only one, very close, friend in the last ~4 years. Now I've even lost him.

I'm begining university this year. My question is: how can I form friendships/hang around with girls and people in general?
I'm generally shy but even more so around girls. I'm not much girly in act and physique so I feel left out. It's not much better around guys. Also I keep thinking "they will see me as a creep if I (try to) hang around with them" even though I don't think of them sexually. I just want to have genuine friendships.

p.s.: sorry for bad english
>>
Dorm in a hall. I hear that's how people make the most friends. Personally I've only made one friend and I'm doing my fourth year at university..
Most of my friends I met through people.
I think people get put off by people who seem desperate for friends or not chill.
>>
>>6883376
psh what an amateur. I graduated university without even making a single friend
>>
>>6883376
Yeah, desperate looking people put people off but I'm not exactly desperate. I'm weird to be around with though, definitely not chill. I'm not sure how to fix that and make myself more presentable.
Were the people you met your friends through acquaintances?
>>
Join a club/organization, show up every week, and force yourself to talk a lot. This is the easiest way, it's guaranteed to work. Join literally any club with interesting/nice people if none interest you.

Never say no when someone invites you to do something, even if it sounds super boring or out of your comfort zone. Real friendships come from shared experiences.

Be nice. Smile. Ask people questions so the burden of conversation is on them if you're bad at talking to people. Making friends in college is easy, most people are chill and just want to get to know you.
>>
>>6886908
The way I act mostly puts people off. I try to be (and want to be) nice and smile but I can't keep it. Negative things flood my mind when I'm listening to, or looking at, them then I slowly become grim.

>most people are chill and just want to get to know you
Doesn't that change from college to college?
>>
>>6882880
Go outside and talk to people. Discuss music, TV, movies, whatever. Even the fucking weather.

GO OUTSIDE.
AND TALK.
TO THEM.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.