[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trans Help General #122

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 22

File: Trans Help General-.png (209KB, 694x907px) Image search: [Google]
Trans Help General-.png
209KB, 694x907px
This is the Trans Help General thread. We'll try to help you here with everything related to being transgender.
This includes questioning, appearance, daily trans problems, medical info, general info and other interesting stuff to name a few.

MTF, FTM and questioning people are all welcome here to help eachother and discuss possible solutions.

You can also share your transgender related stories here. Just came out? Or you just need to get something off your chest?
Maybe something wonderful happened today! We'll be glad to hear it, it's always good to know we're not going through this alone.

Links:
Articles, Studies and General information about Questioning, Transitioning and other stuff: http://pastebin.com/CyW1dXV8
Lots of useful links about/for transgender people: http://pastebin.com/h1vLPxyV
Transgender FAQ: http://pastebin.com/8QbKyShU
Am i trans/ trans help threads archive:
http://deploy.loveisover.me/lgbt
search with google for specific threads

Therapists: http://www.t-vox.org/index.php?title=Therapists_by_region
http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_search.php
sort by transsexual issues

What will hormones do?
mtf: http://imgur.com/lDBLSVR
ftm: http://imgur.com/HqTqvJg

Previous thread: >>6730621
>>
Can you be trans without dysphoria? I feel a sort of longing whenever I look at women, not to be with them but to be them. Displays of drastic sexual dimorphism make me extremely uneasy and remind me of my own very large proportions. I hate my junk not because of body dysphoria but because it makes me lecherous when left in disuse. There might be some body dysphoria because deapite the obvious physical response to use I don't tend to enjoy it. Besides that I don't feel depressed or suicidal or trapped in the wrong skin or any of that, it just occupies my thoughts regularly and makes me uncomfortable from time to time.
>>
>>6806114
That's still dysphoria. It doesn't have to be extreme to qualify.
>>
So we're in favour of Minoxodill now?
>>
Fuck me how do i calm myself?! In 2 days school begins and im going to have to present as female. I dont feel like im ready, like at all. My voice is awkward. Im not skilled enough with makeup. Im not even on HRT since that long. Everything is going to suck. So anxious i cant sleep. What if they are gonna make fun of me? What if they hate me? Im so going to get bullied. Fuck why do i have to do this.
Im not ready for any of this. I wanna hide at home until i at least got some of that fat distribution going. Until i perfected speaking in a girls voice not this high pitched faggot voice. Until after i had laser and im somewhat confident about my makeup.
>>
>>6806208
>have to
Why tho?
>>
>>6806189
Your Mileage May Vary
>>
>>6806242
RLE and im expected to keep it up or they wont renew my prescription on the grounds that i dont seem to need it that badly, since id "not express interrest in transistioning".
>>
>>6806256
How the fuck do they even check, do they interview other students or something? If you're in the UK look into self medding.
>>
>>6806264
Visits for checkups and they talk woth the teachers n stuff too.

Cant afford 100+€ monthly for mones alone.
>>
>>6806295
What country?
>>
>>6806299
Germany.
>>
>>6806323
Germoney loves Mudslimes, right? Just throw on a burka and claim you converted to Islam.
>>
>>6806349
Kek that might just work.
>>
>>6806391
>the diet soda
Fucking Christ.
It means he knows there's a problem but refuses to take any real action to fix it.
>>
>>6806295
>they talk with the teachers and stuff too
Sorry to say, but its very unlikely to happen. It costs money to do stuff like that and germany probably has upto 10k transpeople (generous estimate) so that adds up fast. Too much money + effort. I think your psych is just lying to you to just make you do it.

I live in the country on your left where we also have to do a kind of RLE. They never checked anything besides referring to my name change and me showing up in girlmode at appointments. They never contacted my college. Never checked if i was actually living as a girl outside of scheduled visits.
>>
File: WIN_20160827_19_23_26_Pro.jpg (132KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160827_19_23_26_Pro.jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
>>6805996
Please can i get some tips !
In about 2 - 3 months I will be heading down to the my gender clinic. I've been recommended to try and seem fem.
>>
File: 1470870456302.png (36KB, 400x343px) Image search: [Google]
1470870456302.png
36KB, 400x343px
I'm a couple months into HRT and continuing into my third year of university, the first since realizing I'm trans. My friends online over the summer have been treating me as a girl: female pronouns, using my new name, etc.

How do I cope with having to go back to presenting male in public? I've been speaking with a feminine voice almost daily to people online and now I have to go back to a less feminine one so as not to look like a freak. I have to give my deadname and not feel like slitting my wrists on the spot.

I've been through a week so far and I sobbed every afternoon when I got home from class. I don't really know how to cope or even if I'm going to be able to. Any advice?
>>
>>6806858
go get your eyebrows professionally shaped/cleaned up
wear eyeliner and mascara to the appointment
wear andro/fem clothing
do something with your hair
>>
>>6806323
Damn I feel sorry for you. I thought it's not a thing anymore. Like, I'm swiss but even here none expects you to do this, wew. Is it because you're no 18 yet? Anyways I'm sorry, if you nees help just tell me
>>
Would 25 mg of bicalutamide per day be more effective than 200 mg of spiro?
>>
>>6807954

Why not just go to class in girlmode?
I know its hard, I'm still boymode myself after about 1.5 years on HRT. If you feel that shit about it though just take the jump.
>>
File: 1466271964036.png (139KB, 251x256px) Image search: [Google]
1466271964036.png
139KB, 251x256px
23 and Cis-female (for now)

Basically I;ve only had my period 2 times in the last 2 years. The second time was kickstarted by a Provera prescription.

Even after seeing a Gynecologist (appointment set up next week) would it still be unwise to pursue HRT /T shots?
>>
>>6808056

If you're cis then why do you want T shots?
>>
>>6808062

I may have mispoken. Was trying to explain that I am biologically female at this time, but have been wanting to pursue HRT for several years. My bad
>>
>>6808051
Facial hair, my lack of wardrobe or funds to get anything resembling one, and the fact that I don't pass for shit. Not to mention my sister is in a few of my classes and she doesn't know I'm trans/talk to me any more. So I don't really want to out myself to her in a way that paints me as some ugly crossdresser.

It kinda feels like I'm over a barrel and the solution is to just, if you'll pardon the phrase, man up and get over it.
>>
>>6808075

Ah so you want to become a boy?
Then you're still trans; it's a mental thing.

>>6808089

Damn. I guess there isn't much you can do besides hang in there then... shit sux.
>>
>>6806480
No, im serious. They dont check specifically because the transistion but because other mental disorders ive.

Problem is those that monitor how im doing and my psych are from the same organisation and share the same file - my psych doesnt treat me just because the dysphoria either

.>>6808022
No im adult but because my mental disorders im considered unable to stand by my own in life, hence why they keep watch on me.
>>
>>6808056
I don't think I understand the question or the premise or both.
>would it still be unwise to pursue HRT /T shots?
Why wouldn't you pursue it? You have to talk to a doctor and be monitored regardless. Bring up your concerns.
>>
>>6808958

so you suffer from other mental disorders?
god I don't know how to help you besides sending you shitloads of cypro for free lol.
>>
How do you apply Minoxidill?

Do you rub it into the areas of the scalp or just wait for it to absorb?
I'm trying to fix my receeding hairline
>>
File: nails.jpg (107KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nails.jpg
107KB, 1080x1080px
Would I pass on E?
>>
>>6811246
no
>>
>>6811246
probably. get those eyebrows did.
>>
>>6811246
yes? you posted this a while ago though?
>>
File: speakersgoinghammer.jpg (76KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
speakersgoinghammer.jpg
76KB, 612x612px
>>6811264
how would I go about doing that? this is what happened sophomore year when I went for the soulja boy look
>>
>>6811280
holy shit the overplucking. also what the fuck happened to your right brow.
>>
>>6811476
I didn't pluck I used a regular facial razor. One of the staff at the group home I was staying at told me to put a comb over my brow and shave over the comb, but it wasn't working so I just went hard.
>>
>>6811487
Well, you failed. Hard.

I actually did my eyebrows today, you might find this useful: http://www.camillarumph.com/2014/09/brows-101-guide-to-shape-your-eyebrows.html?m=1

Or just go to your local hairdresser and ask them to do your brows, then maintain that shape. (pluck every week! possibly more often!)
Dont use a razor lmao.
>>
>>6811280
You already look like you could be a chubby girl here, and you looked like you'd probably pass in the other picture despite it being hard to tell with the blurriness. Your face will most likely pass fine.
>>
>>6808958
Well that fucking sucks.

Can you find a different doctor who's known to be trans friendly? If you're going through public health care now that may mean switching to private and paying more. But I don't know Germany in particular.
There could be local trans groups who could advise you on finding a trans friendly doctor who will let you transition at your own pace. (You may run into some destructive thinking in groups, bitter people who agree that RLE is good as it is and that all trans people need this compulsory buttfucking to show they're really trans. Don't be discouraged.)
Or if your country's health care services to trans people have been as publicly criticised as that of mine, you can scour news articles and contact relevant names. That's what I did. This is all pieced together from what I did when I gave up on public.

In conversation with trans friendly doctors/therapists/whoever, emphasise the extra strain caused by not only being forced into dressing feminine before you have a chance of passing, but also being monitored and discussed by multiple people to see if you live up to their standards of femininity. All this on top of dealing with studies and being mentally ill. Lay it out for people until someone takes pity on you. Make sure to mention what assessments you've already been through. If you have relevant documentation that could speed up the process bring it.

You've got a bumpy road ahead and you'll want your health professionals to be on your side for real.
>>
>>6811812
there really is nothing wrong with RLE, as long as you get to start on your own terms when you feel like hormones has done enough
RLE pre-everything though is only counter productive and should not be used as some sort of tipping point where the patient gets prescribed hormones upon completion
sweden practices RLE and afaik the whole thing is treated differently depending on the location in the country, i could start mine after x time on hormones if i wanted but i know other people in different places who had to do RLE before even getting considered for treatment which obviously is retarded and unnecessary gatekeeping
tl;dr RLE is not inherently bad, it's only bad when it's being used to gatekeep
>>
>>6812137

Is it really RLE if it's not used as gatekeeping though? If someone chooses to do it after they can pass, isn't that just the natural progression & purpose of transition?
>>
Has anyone experienced way more hair regrowth on on one side on HRT? Will it even out with time, or am I stuck with this silly, uneven hairline?
>>
>>6812748
yes, i would still call it RLE, because that's basically what it is when you go full time. your whole life is real life experience unless you detrans lel
it's used here to allow you to change your legal gender, if you don't want that you don't have to do it. it's to get less people who regret it or something, they want you to be like "omg this was the right thing to do, i wasn't wrong all along" and i can understand that thought process because they don't want people detransitoning
i think it also helps people to get pushed over the edge because they are afraid to go girlmode and are stuck in boymode forever after 3 years of hrt, there are evidently quite a lot of those people. like it encourages people to actually do stuff if they want to progress and not just pop pills all day in their basement while watching anime
>>
Self medicating 5 months now, kind of scared and I really want to get a bloodtest but I'm in Adelaide, Australia. I don't know where to go, went to SHINESA but they told me they can't give me a bloodtest cause they can't explain shit to me since they don't deal with trans blood hormone levels. I don't have medicare and I am an international visitor. Can anyone help if they're from the same area?
>>
>>6814132
>trans blood hormone levels

What is that supposed to mean? They won't check your estrogen and testosterone levels? There is no "trans specific" blood test.

http://www.hemingways.org/GIDinfo/hrt_ref.htm
>>
They refuse to give me a hormones test because they can't explain the testosterone and estrogen level to me.
>>
>Younger brother points out that I have a bald spot
>Start to tear up and go to the bathroom
>Check, I really do have a bald spot

How can I stop wanting to be a girl? Alternatively, how can I kill myself?
>>
>>6814331
Finasteride
>>
>>6814331

Fuck natural hair, shave it and invest in a wig like the black girls do.
>>
>>6814206
And they can't just give you the numbers without interpreting them? How hard have you pushed for that?
>>
File: 1448077537595.png (825KB, 965x1191px) Image search: [Google]
1448077537595.png
825KB, 965x1191px
Alright, so my transition is coming along nicely. Facially I'm doing not too bad. Body wise however, I need work. I have a very large chest so it makes my physique fairly uneven. I need to build my ass and thighs to balance it out and feel better about it.

Right now I'm looking at squatting weights and I'm not sure if that's ideal. When I grab my ass and legs, there's clearly a fair bit to grab on to and it feels pretty squishy, so I feel like if I built muscle, it'd add very well and the fat and stuff already there would keep it from looking hella muscley and gross.

But anyways, what do you guys think? Is there an ideal workout routine for this sorta stuff? Should I just follow anything on the internet? I feel like a fair bit doesn't apply to me because of my trans situation. Most workout routines would be for guys hoping to get massive quads and stuff. I just wanna be more fem.

So pls help!

Pic related.
>>
>>6814742
This is my exercise routine. I've been doing these for a short time but I'm already seeing good results.
>3x12 Floor Hip Abductions with 5lb weight
>3x15 Kickbacks with 5lb weight
>3x12 Bridges with 20lb weight

These exercises focus on the butt, hip, and back leg muscles. I do them three times a week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I'm fairly short (5'6") so I avoid squats and anything else that would build too much quad mass because it would make me look shorter.
>>
>>6806114
I have more interesting question. Can you experience gender dysphoria without being trans?
>>
>>6814808
"being trans" isn't really a thing. You transition because you have gender dysphoria, if you didn't transition I guess you wouldn't "be trans", but you can still have dysphoria.
>>
>>6814804

Sweet, thanks. How'd you build this routine? I'm interested in the thought behind it.
>>
>>6814833
It's just a simple routine that I put together with what I've learned about health and fitness over the years. You could put together your own simply by searching for names of muscle groups and finding which exercises build them.
>>
>>6814784
really doesnt work with 4chan embedding shit, try harder.
>>
Do I put moisturiser on immediately after epilating, or should I wait a bit first?
>>
I'm planning on talking with my care co-ordinator to see if they can arrange a meeting with a gender therapist somewhen. My doctor disregards my gender dysphoria however due to it starting in my early 20's and not in my teens like "it usually does" to roughly use his words.
Anything I should keep in mind with this discussion with said co-ordinator. It's to be noted I suffer from psychosis.
>>
>>6814819

Well, the 'trans' in transgender is the latin 'on the other side', it's not short for 'transition'. Which I'd say more readily means the state of one's gender being on the other side of their sex (the cause of dysphoria), therefore applying to pre-transitioners. If it were to specifically denote post-transition people, I'd think the term would more accurately be transsex, referring to the aspect that's been altered (or simply 'transexual').

At the same time, sex can never actually be changed, so maybe it IS more accurate to say one's gender is being changed as far as other peoples' perception goes, even if it's being merely affirmed for the transitioning person. On that note, there's a push for the term 'gender affirmation' as opposed to 'sex change'.
Plus the definitions of transman and transwoman, which denote the gender that was re-assigned, making transgender the gender-neutral collective term referring to transitioned individuals. At the same time, it's still the same question of whether pre-transitioners are transmen and transwomen.

Cisman and ciswoman are terms used exclusively to refer to people without gender dysphoria, who will never transition. So if a pre-transitioner is not a cisperson and is also not a transperson, what are they? And is being a transperson the same thing as being transgender?

It's a funny one. Trans shit is still so ill-understood and argued over, there are so many terms floating around that readily become outdated or obsolete.

For me, it seems to make more sense for 'transgender' to refer to one who's taken steps to transition. Otherwise it becomes redundant with the term gender dysphoria - "if you have gender dysphoria, you are transgender" is sort of like saying "if you have cancer, you are a person with cancer". But who knows.
>>
I've heard somewhere that HRT stops being as effective from age 25-30 and onwards (at least for mtfs).

Is that true?
>>
>>6820329
>started HRT at 25, 2 months ago
kill me
>>
>>6820463
I asked here because I'm not sure if it's true.
>>
>>6820463
Also 25 isn't that bad
>>
>>6820329
It's true because around that age (25) you stop producing growth hormones so you'll never get the same out of hormones as if you started at 15.
>>
>>6820532
I think it's long before 25
>>
>>6805996
ftm here. will going on testosterone make me gain weight? i'm looking into going on t but weight gain is something i'm worried about.
>>
>tfw 17" shoulders
kill me
>>
>>6821325
Muscle is weight. You should already know that it will.
>>
>>6821344
is there any way of predicting how much i'll gain? or is it just a crapshoot
>>
Anyone know a way to get a blood test kit?
>>
>>6821358
I couldn't tell you. I gained a lot of muscle almost for free. Some friends stayed scrawny. Look at your male relatives.

You could also Not Eat, but if you know or suspect you have an eating disorder you should actually seek help for it, especially since you're bringing in new and powerful hormones that will alter your body's demands.
>>
>>6821367
Country?
>>
>>6821412
my brother and i have relatively the same body (other then assigned sex, of course) and he's pretty scrawny. so i should be fine.
>>
>>6821329
>tfw 17" shoulders but dad has 22" shoulders
Should I be glad? I don't feel glad.
>>
>>6821434
That's good then. If you just correspond with your doctor you'll catch eventual problems when they first appear
>>
I'm from the UK so can't get hormones for a while, does anyone know any foods or herbs which decrease testosterone and increase estrogen which are readily available in the UK?
>>
>>6821509
Just get hormones online.
>>
>>6821509
Selfmed with qhi or don't bother.
The herbal shit is useless, you're only wasting money.
>>
>>6821430
USA too poor to get a doctor
>>
>>6820463
Had to restart at 26 I'm pretty much doomed.
>>
>>6821608
At worst people will make a passing comment on it and you can feel bad/awkward about it and then move on, and that's only because of the change. That's assuming they even notice. No-one cares when women wear jeans and a T-shirt or whatever.

You're really overthinking it. Irrational thoughts and exaggerated anxiety over things like this are normal, and you just have to push yourself though them.
>>
>>6821608
They'll get used to it. Other people don't think about you nearly as much as you think they do. Which is also why if you need something (like a pencil, or emotional support) you have to ask for it directly. But I digress.
If a random person asks about your style, you can just plainly say you never really liked dresses and makeup. It's 2016, if they think it's a big deal I don't even know what musty hivemind they're part of. Good luck, son.
>>
Can I order off of alldaychemist without a prescription?
>>
>>6817356
bump
>>
>>6817356
I haven't lived your situation, but a strategy you need is to teach people step by step how to empathize with you.
If being late bloomer comes up again tell of how your gender issues were covered up by psychosis, maybe you were scared and uncertain of everything when young before you could get diagnosed with psychosis, and before you began pursuing hrt and gender stuff you assured yourself you couldn't trust your feelings of being trans until you had the right(or better) medication/treatment plan down for your psychosis. But now that you're recovering more, things are different. Now you know there's more work to do and you have spent ages thinking and doubting and discarding the thoughts but still they bubble back up to the surface. And you're seeking treatment, but your doctor didn't really believe you so you're scared of becoming another trans person discarded by the system for being mentally ill (therefore untrustworthy and easily denied personal agency) on top of being trans.

Something like that, but yours and heartfelt. Maybe save the full spiel for your gender therapist, but you should make sure your coordinator knows you're serious about seeing a gender therapist to figure out your shit. Like make them know you NEED professional input. If you haven't, look up therapist alternatives yourself (for your own sake too, so you know what you get) and bring them to your coordinator. That is, if you can't just arrange a meeting yourself, which could be very effective.
>>
>>6805996

So... How the fuck do I self med without killing myself? I can get hormones over the counter in my country, but doctors won't recognize nor treat me because in my backwards country transgender people don't exist.

Does 4 mg of Estradiol valerate and 200 mg of spironolactone sound alright?

I'm 25 years old, 5' 7", and 152 pounds.
>>
>>6822929
Sounds right.

Get your blood checked every 1 to 3 months for the first year of HRT. And get checked for blood clots.
>>
I have GID but don't want to transition since I don't believe I will be happy with the results in a best case scenario, much less what will probably happen. What are my options?
Worst case scenario is ending up transitioning at 30 or even later so I'm considering doing it now (20) to just cut my losses and safeguard against further despair by biting the bullet but would rather not.
>>
How do I stop feeling lonely? I want cuddles in my life.
>>
>>6825091
Secure physical intimacy by establishing a romantic relationship with one or more person(s) you find desirable that is/are within a distance you or they find reasonable to traverse with regularity.
>>
>>6822929
That's my dose. Been on hrt for 3 weeks, and everything seems to be going well.

For what it's worth, E isn't going to do much until you've been on spiro for a bit. I did two weeks of just spiro and then added the E, though the first week I did just 2mg per day.

I think it's a good baseline dose. Try to get a blood test at the one month mark, but this dose probably will do you well unless you eventually need an increase.
>>
>>6825085
I'm transitioning now (at 24) so I don't do it when I'm 40. Sure, that would safeguard me from the discomfort of being out for longer, but it sounds like a worse life, and it's selfish in a way too.

Honestly, even if it doesn't make you pretty or feminine, hormones probably will make you feel better
>>
So what's everyone here's opinnion on yeson? I'll be booking an apoointment soon.
>>
Recently my libido came back in a major way to the point of morning boners and some precum (despite the fact that i was dry for maybe a year). I'm waiting for my blood test results results next week, but does anyone have an idea about why it might be happening? I take 50mg of cypro and 8mg estrofem a day and before it was fine and my libido was dead.
>>
>>68250>>6825186
I'm 24 right now and this post hit me really hard, even if I haven't fully confirmed that I'm trans yet
>>
File: 1466849392744.jpg (40KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1466849392744.jpg
40KB, 500x667px
Okay so this is all hypothetical but let's entertain this thought.
>cancer at age of 16, Lymphoma, half a year of chemo and you're fine
>now 17
>mom is supportive but refuses to do informed consent
>decide to self med
>waiting for first order
>will be getting blood tests and checkups monthly
This is all hypothetical of course but, would said person have to worry about the cancer in their past? What I've read about cancer risks from HRT the only cancers are breast and ovarian which do not run in said persons family.
>>
>>6825714
I think the cancer risk is more from when they used to use premarin and huge e doses. So no I don't think they need to worry.
>>
>>6825714
This person is more likely to get cancer than the mean but not so likely that they should worry about it.
>>
>>6821325
>>6821358
A lot of trans guys do report that they gain weight, but that could be either muscle mass or fat, or both.
It's easier to gain muscle on T for instance so if you work out regularly on T, then you're likely to gain muscle mass quickly.
If you're already overweight and worried about gaining more weight, better to nip it in the bud and start exercising and eating right before you get on T, as you may find yourself hungrier when on T due to its effects on the metabolism.
Either way you won't put on any more weight as long as you don't eat more calories than you burn. And if your diet/routine stays relatively the same, you are probably likely to lose some weight and become leaner since the metabolism speeds up, and you have less fat and more muscle mass just as a default with T, although not initially.

Hope this was of some help.
>>
>MtF
>Don't have any feelings towards my penis.
>it's just sort of "there".
>SRS options are unappealing.

Anyone else?
>>
>>6826466
nah, i want to get rid of my dick even if the results arent ideal.
>>
>>6826466

Meh, not everyone's caught up on their dick. I don't plan on SRSing, though I dunno if that's related to dysphoria or just because I already had an MtF kink before coming out anyway
>>
>be 310lbs when first coming out
>currently down to 196 and still dropping

I seriously can't tell if I have any hips under here or if that's just the way my bodyfat was laying and it's driving me fuckin' nuts.
>>
I have quite a lot of bica left from switching to another anti-andro, is there anything I can do with it?
>>
>>6814742
>>6814804

Anon's routine is good, but you want to add others too like assisted squats. Assisted squats won't over work the abs so you can smash the glutes. Also try the calisthenic approach, you will build the muscles much faster.

All this info is on the 4chan trap mode aesthetic guide. Ironically enough I can't find it anywhere on lgbt at the moment.
>>
>>6826466

Yeah I'm keeping mine no matter what happens. I like being able to pee standing, it is a vaginas biggest flaw. Though I could live without my testes.
>>
>>6828598
>pee standing
agp detected
>>
File: 1468217613519.jpg (59KB, 584x519px) Image search: [Google]
1468217613519.jpg
59KB, 584x519px
>>6828598
seconding this
>>
File: 1470381332841.gif (3MB, 336x178px) Image search: [Google]
1470381332841.gif
3MB, 336x178px
>>6828979
>no genital dysphoria
>agp
wut
>>
File: 1451613252511.jpg (957KB, 2560x1714px) Image search: [Google]
1451613252511.jpg
957KB, 2560x1714px
>>6828598
>>6826466
>>6827721

Beautiful ladies. You're doing the world a service.
>>
>>6828598
>tfw would get SRS now if not for inhibited peeing

Only advantage of penic
>>
>>6829147
>>>/chasergen/
>>
If I've been on cypro for a while, can i just quit minoxidil without many issues? I heard mixed opinions about that and I'm not sure what to believe. Especially, because it doesn't help at all and my hair is just dry and slowly falling out.
>>
Anyone else go on antidepressants after realizing or thinking they're trans, then once the antidepressants kick in stop really thinking about it?
Went off my pills for a couple months but had already pretty much accepted that I'm trans before then, and spent most of those months not second guessing myself for once, but now that I'm back on them I'm doubting it again.
I still want to be a woman, I still feel like I'd be happier if I'd been born a woman, but I feel a lot less confident that it'd be worth it to transition and I'm starting to feel like I'd do fine staying a man again.
Am I just repressing again, or do I just turn to the idea of being trans as some kind of escapism when I'm depressed (is that even a thing that happens)?
>>
i was looking at the same drug on different sites, they all have different manufacturers, does this matter at all? could manufacturer affect the strength or something?
>>
>>6805996
im 24, 1.67m and 60 kilos, any self med advice, someone?
>>
Can having bad levels fuck up your progress? I barely changed. I just look like a boy after a year. Granted, My T was high and my E was very low and I ran out for 2 months at one point. I was only taking 2mg oral

I just see other girls with 1 year hrt and they had much better results.
>>
Let's say a friend of mine feels she is trans and wishes to transition legally through her doctor, but she is under 18, and her parents would never let her transition. Is there any way she can tell her doctor without her parents knowing?
>>
>>6834996
>i was only taking 2mg oral
no aa's?
hmmmmmmmm

also, the doses dont matter as long as you get your levels to that of a cis woman
>>
>>6835109
Location?
>>
>>6833827
I'm guessing that the reduction in depression has made the experience of being male less unpleasant in some ways, and has reduced the emotional pressure to transition.

>or do I just turn to the idea of being trans as some kind of escapism when I'm depressed (is that even a thing that happens)?
There are definitely some people who convince themselves they're trans when it's really something else, but honestly, a huge number of trans people makes excuses like that before they accept that they're trans. If you've been experiencing persistent gender dysphoria and so on, then it's unlikely that you're not trans.

I doubt that this will last long enough to make it worth not transitioning. If nothing else you can't stay on antidepressants forever.

>>6834996
>Can having bad levels fuck up your progress?
Obviously. The changes are caused by your hormones.

>My T was high and my E was very low
What exactly do you mean by that? If they're not in the female range (preferably comfortably so) then you're doing something wrong.
>>
>>6836031
Oregon
>>
>>6835109
ask if the doctor has confidentiality with medical issues.
>>
Will estrogen affect me mentally?
>>
>>6840536
Yes, definitely.
>>
>>6840553
How?
>>
>>6840666
you'll constantly think about cock, making sandwiches, yoga, and if you have enough makeup on
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 580x326px
>>6840856
>>
>>6840536
crying mostly
>>
So my patches read:
>total estradiol: 3.2mg
>absorption rate: 50 micrograms per 24 hours
>change twice a week

So it's 50 micrograms per day out of 3200 micrograms total? That doesn't sound right to me.

Also could someone link to the page listing the common dosages for hrt.
>>
One of the few friends I've come out to has offered to refer to me as she/her in private, and... While I appreciate it, I feel like it's too soon or something? I'm still pre-everything and most of my friends/none of my family know. It feels weird until I make a step or two more. I dunno if I'm just being weird or not...
>>
>>6842387
Nah, as long as you are in boymode it'll feel a little weird.
>>
File: image-03.jpg (18KB, 406x233px) Image search: [Google]
image-03.jpg
18KB, 406x233px
>>6842155
It's correct.
Oral estrogen is quickly metabolized, doesn't have high bioavailability and a short half-life. Patches avoid the first pass effect so less estrogen is needed although actual amount absorbed over the skin varies greatly between people.

HRTgen is here >>>/6835585/

Also bloodtests.
You will never know how your medication is actually working unless you regularly get bloodwork done. At least every 3 months, when you're just starting out once a month is more appropriate.
>>
>>6842449
Thank you.
This is the only thread I view on this board so I didn't even know there was a hrtgen now, thanks for the link.
>>
I wanna lose weight while I transition. How have others done this? I read about a diet where you eat only 500 calories every other day and whatever you want on the other days, and apparently it works pretty well if you stick with it.
>>
>>6842675

Just calculate your TDEE and eat 500 calories less than that every day. Don't buy into stupid fad diet shit. Got to /fit/, read the sticky.
>>
>>6842688
>oats and squats
Works every time.
>>
Anyone else get depressed when they watch slice of life anime? It always makes me feel like
>i will never be a cute girl living a happy life with friends
>>
Does anyone want a super cute and supportive bf :-3? Leave me your Kik user for cuddles etc.
>>
>>6842869
Yes. Pretty much anything featuring women, or even just anything emotional is hard to watch. Slice of life stuff is generally the worst though. It really aggravates the "they're so comfortable/casual about being female" thoughts.
>>
how do I bring up transitioning with my doctor?
>>
What are the most overused tranny names?
>>
>>6846281
Probably correlates to the most overused stripper names
>>
>>6846281
Alice is to MtFs as Aiden is to FtMs
>>
>>6846590
no surprise since trannys are MKUltra's doing
>>
>>6846626
How'd you get from Alice to MKUltra?
>>
>>6846626
I'm sorry to everyone, but please elaborate I have to hear this
>>
>>6846647
alice in wonderland?
>>
>>6846656
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/esp_sociopol_mindcon02.htm
https://birthofanewearth.blogspot.com/2015/06/bruce-jenner-mind-control-programming.html
>>
>>6846771
>the url
>jenner-mind-controll-programming
Is this bait?
>>
>>6846917
spook detected
>>
File: 1449439546147.gif (1MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1449439546147.gif
1MB, 480x480px
1.5 years on HRT mtf here.
How long do facial changes keep occurring until? My face has change a bit but still more would be nice of course lol.
>>
>>6846951
HRT isn't supposed to change the face apart from some slight fat redistribution
>>
>>6847095

That's what I'm taking about. Fat and muscle.
>>
>>6822096
Yes, and if it asks for one, just leave the field blank.
>>
What can I do to experiment to know if transitioning is right for me (mtf)
>>
>>6847986
take an AA for a month or two and then decide if you feel better or not
>>
>>6847986
Ditto for ftm
>>
>>6847986
Do whatever you want to do. What would you personally want from transition? How do you want to change? Place yourself as closely adjacent to that ideal state as you can.

For both genders that often means wearing clothes and trying to "read" yourself differently in the mirror I guess.

Before hormones and surgery, what is there? Clothes, make-up and hair removal.

>>6849026
Squinty, scrunched up forehead selfies with snapchat's beard filter, also snapbacks. Nah, same as above.

If this is esoteric advice it's because the best way to know transition will suit you is to do the actual steps. And it likely will suit you because even the most open minded cis people will entertain the idea of being trans for about 15 minutes, and only because it's interesting to think about.
>>
I started vocal training today, and
I feel like I'm not doing it right. I know there's no chance of me developing a good female voice in one day, but... I get the feeling like I'm not doing anything that's gonna give me progress. I don't feel like I'm able to change ANYTHING, at least related to resonance. Am I practicing it wrong?
>>
>>6850436
It's not gonna be magically changed after one day.
Practice more and post progress when there are voice threads up
>>
>>6848387
This will probably make you depressed because of low sex hormone levels, so it isn't a good indicator. You need testosterone or oestrogen. You could still see how you feel about no longer getting more masculine though, and it's a pretty good idea to do while you're still working out whether you're trans because you won't get more masculine in the meantime.
>>
I'm a male and want to transition to female (MtF). Can I use birth control pills as HRT?
>>
How hard is it to get anti androgens through means of doctors? I've been going to a therapist for years over my gender dysphoria.
>>
>>6852982
Random ass doctors are probably not going to prescribe them, but it's not impossible. Is there a reason your therapist hasn't already referred you to an endocrinologist?
>>
>>6852959
No.
>>
>>6852959
No, the dosage will be wrong and (even if that wasn't an issue) you would also need to take a blocker.

If you're asking about transitioning with birth control pills I'm guessing you're underage or living in a bad location? More info would help.
>>
>>6853002
She kinda has recently, but things have been a dead end for a while since I only turned 18 like three weeks ago. She said I'd need to be able to get there myself somehow if I still didn't want to tell my parents (and I can't drive) but I told them recently and I'm waiting for my therapist to talk to my mom about it.
>>
Guys/Girls
I really need help with this!
How do i permanently remove unwanted hair?
Can't afford stuff like laser treatment, but i've seen some creams that work with enzymes or whatever.
Are those any good?
Or is there another cheap solution to it? i don't even care if its painful or not.
Also please note that my skin is veeeery sensitive. I tried waxing once, and it left me with ingrowth hair for like 2 months, looked very ugly.
>>
>>6854062
Where is the hair located?

What creams. Nair?
>>
>>6854133
everywhere
face, legs, hands, belly
found this:
http://www.epilar.ag/page.php/en_GB/epilar-homepage.html
is this legit or some scam?
>>
>>6854184
I despise my body hair and I've been looking for a good solution for a couple of years (I'm using an epilator atm). Despite that, I've never heard of "Epilar", my electrologist has never mentioned it and neither has my counsellor or gp.

Also:
>On their page they say that you have to apply it after waxing or epilating and that it takes an average of 8 treatments to work
>After a quick google I found several people saying it either does nothing or just slows hair growth slightly - nothing about permanent removal
>They claim that there are no adverse effects in anyone and that no precautions need to be taken (sounds pretty sketchy)

>Epilar ® is an endogenous enzyme that reduces the unwanted body hair permanently.
Bullshit, it's been around since 1997, no-one's heard of it and there is no scientific evidence to back up their claims. If it was really that good everyone would know about it.

Back to your question, have you tried anything to minimize ingrown hairs (exfoliating, etc.)?
If laser and electrolysis are too expensive you're left with waxing, epilating and shaving. An epilator will be cheaper in the long run than wax strips (though I find it easier to wax fingers and other small areas).
My electrologist told me never to wax, epilate, or tweeze facial hair because that can make electrolysis much more difficult.
>>
>>6853138
TRAIN
R
A
I
N
>>
>>6854918
Take a train? I'm in some hick shithole town in the US.

But there are public buses I can take, but since my mom's already planning on talking to my therapist, maybe the endocrinologist visit will be soon.
>>
>>6854535
i only tried body lotion and different shawing lubricants, but nothing really worked
>>
File: 1467694304301.png (2MB, 7920x2135px) Image search: [Google]
1467694304301.png
2MB, 7920x2135px
Is pic related accurate? Don't really want to self med but also afraid to ask for therapy from my parents.
>>
>>6855449
use bicalutamide instead
>>
>>6855807
Nothing else? Just that?
>>
>>6855954
Ask for therapy from your parents. Unless they are anti-trans just go for it, it will save you a lot of suffering later on.
>>
Hey, I'm 21, and I've suffered with gender dysphoria for many years and it took me until about two years to realize I was born in the wrong body and wanted to undergo HRT. My issue though, is I'm in the military, in the submarine force, an all-male community.. What should I do? I've ordered some hormones, via the diy method, but I haven't taken them yet for fear that I'll get caught..
>>
Are there specific, universal requirements for getting a hold of hormones? I'm not sure if I'm officially diagnosed with gender dysphoria, but I've been to therapy for it for around 2 years.
>>
>>6856027
>all male
Nah.
If you're not at a danger to yourself or others, you could get diagnosed and get it covered through tricare.
Just suck it up and do it, nowadays nobody cares
>>
>>6856095
Well, transgendered people will be able to openly serve in the Navy in a few weeks, but there's no instruction on whether or not they'll be barred from the submarine force.
>>
>>6856012
You're probably right. I just kinda feel bad for asking for it.
>>
I'm mtf and I think I like girls, but I've never really had tons of sexual thoughts towards them. I usually just think a girl I find attractive just looks genuinely cute and/or I want to look like them. Is that normal?
>>
>>6855449
please do not follow this guide, it has all sorts of misinformation
>>
Does anyone here have experience with self-medding in Mexico?

Can spironolactone and estradiol be purchased OTC?
>>
>>6855449

You don't need to use bitcoins. Just buy it off the clearnet with a credit card lol.
>>
>>6856540
I see. I guess I'll just have to do it the normal way.
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 900x1600px
So the people in this GC tried to tell me that homosexuals should all die. You know what to do
>>
I realized I may have initially posted this in the wrong thread, so here goes.
I've got a not-so-amazing job at a pizza place that pays minimum wage (+ tips.)
I've done a tiny bit of research, and it seems like there's an informed consent clinic about an hour away from me.
I'd like to start HRT as soon as possible, but I don't want to lose my job.
There's no doubt in my mind I wouldn't be fired on the spot for being a tranny/making customers uncomfortable.
wat do?
>>
>>6857369
Ignore them and go about our business?
>>
>>6857424
Is your boss female? Kill them and take their place. I mean, you'll make us look bad but that's only if you get caught.

Don't get caught.
>>
>am pretty sure I'm trans
>I feel like my life has basically stagnated from when I started having serious trans feelings and not just "I want to be a girl"
>i know it will only get worse with time
>don't want to transition or do anything about it and reveal myself as a weak faggot

what do i do /lgbt/
>>
>>6858188
stop thinking that women are weak.
>>
>>6858188

You're a faggot either way, but you're actually acting weaker by not doing what you want to do in life.
>>
>>6858360
I meant that I'm weak for not being able to ignore being transgender.

I feel like I ignore it decently well but it's getting worse and worse.

>>6858385
Yeah but no one would know I'm a faggot if I don't try to transition and look girly/like a girl.
>>
>>6858391

Just transition and stop being a little bitch.
>>
>>6855449
I'm annoyed that this exists and is going to be circulated for years to come.
>>
>>6856190
Why wouldn't it be?
>>
>>6857424
Until your breasts are obvious through your uniform you don't have to worry. Look for a less shitty job in the meantime.

Also there may be anti-discrimination laws if you need them.
>>
>>6858391
You're no weaker than anyone else; being trans isn't the kind of thing you can just ignore. Anyway, this is about a core aspect of your self; it's too important to ignore even if you could.

>I feel like I ignore it decently well but it's getting worse and worse
Congratulations, you're in the same position as almost every other tranny was/is. It's not going to stop, and I'm not trying to be dramatic or anything; that's just how it works. This is why you have people repressing until their 30s and then transitioning anyway.
>>
>>6858479
At least it's not as bad as the guide that says eating soy, plants and semen will turn you into a cute girl.
>>
>>6858545
could you please help me with this? ;-;
>>
>>6858523
I think someone who was pretty sure they were trans but didn't know what to do about it would be more likely to fall for this "guide". It's worse because it's more believable and is actually giving medical advice and making you order real but incorrect medical from the deep web. The "trap mode aesthetics" guide doesn't seem to be telling you how to transition (just how to be more feminine), and is more obviously slightly fantastical and incorrect.
>>
>>6858558
If it's already changed, the UK won't create problems with your real name being on everything. Hormones cost very little with insurance, but you will probably need to switch to a UK based insurer.
>>
>>6858558

>i want to move to the UK

There's your problem.
>>
>>6858558
B R E X I T

Fuck off
>>
I'm 28, MtF. Just ordered my first doses of AA and E. I'm excited but I'm also anxious that they won't have much of an effect at my age. Wish circumstances in my life had been different, but better late than never I guess.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
>>
>>6858829
I mean, I started a few months before my 24th birthday. I'm hoping though. Good luck anon-san.
>>
>>6858829
Started right after my 25th birthday, pretty much everything you're told will happen, happens

Laser is a bitch though, such a slow process
>>
>>6858837
To my credit, I get told all the time I look like I'm 16. 5'5'' 120 lbs and big ole eyes will actually work to my benefit after so many years of playing at being a boy.
>>
>>6858840
I'm on the fence about laser until I've gotten some microderm for these shitty pockmarks. I know it will have to be done eventually, but light hair will serve me well for the interim.
I wish you nothing but the best of luck. We're all in this together. :>
>>
>>6858853

A chemical peel might be worth looking into for that as well.
>>
>Have pretty typical trans life experience
>Spend hours a day every single day thinking about this
>Have AGP since I've had any concept of any sexuality
>Have difficult time understanding dysphoria despite internet people labelling experiences I've had as dysphoria
Can somebody kill me now?
>>
>>6859193

Gender dysphoria is like, you don't like having a male body and social situation/living as a male/etc. and it makes you upset/uncomfortable/depressed.

Do you have that experience?
>>
>>6859193
You can be AGP and trans at the same time. In fact it's common.
>>
>>6859193
I'm gonna piggyback off of you
>been into AGP shit way before I even knew what AGP was(age ~11-12)
>self inserting as a girl is extremely hot
>I eventually start getting bouts of "dysphoria" as puberty kicks in
>start doubting myself, have no idea whether it's dysphoria or not
>I'm unhappy because I'm not a girl, but the idea of it being mostly a sexual thing is disgusting to me
>seeing myself be feminine in a mirror makes me extremely happy
>but I'm not even sure if it's a sexual thing or I'm repressing myself into that or whatever
>most of my feelings go away after masturbating
>so I get addicted to masturbating to live as a normal human being(of course all AGP or girl self-insertion shit)
>I'm also attracted to men only
what am I
>>
>>6859249
>>6859193
Actually, thinking about it now, has ANYBODY that developed AGP develop it at any time past the beginning of sexuality?
>>
>>6859249
>>most of my feelings go away after masturbating
AGP.

If you were really trans, masturbating wouldn't relieve the dysphoria.
>>
>>6859531
But Blanchard says you can't be AGP and be not attracted to women?
>>
>>6859598
Blanchard is an idiot.
>>
>>6859611
Alright, so what am I supposed to do? Transition or not? I'm currently going with transitioning(not started yet, but soon) right now and I would be content to live as a biological female if it were possible. My concern is whether I'll regret it later on or not.
>>
>>6859627
You're always going to regret some things that you do in life. Everyone does. It's the experiences you have because of those choices that make them worthwhile.
To be brief, just do whatever. You're a speck on the face of the dot in thw universe that us our planet.
>>
>>6859627
>Alright, so what am I supposed to do? Transition or not?

Well, yours is an unusual case. Realize that most of us aren't professionals, and talk to a therapist as soon as possible.
>>
>>6859753
^^^^^ this

Even though you might regret starting HRT, in about ten years you're probably going to regret -not- starting it which is an even worse feeling.
>>
>>6859765
I'm afraid of getting gatekeeped, because of what >>6859770 said. I mean, I'm already talking to a therapist and she's getting me on HRT in a very short amount of time. I think if I tell her about this it might take much longer.
>>
>>6859790
>I think if I tell her about this it might take much longer.
I hate the fact that there are certain things you can't tell a therapist.

Like, I have an Asperger's diagnosis, but I don't really "seem" autistic to most people, and naturally I hid that fact from my therapist because I didn't want her to arbitrarily decide that my tranny problems are actually assburger problems.
>>
>>6859297
Not either of those posters but I've never met anyone on 4chan admitting to that. In fact many people had trans-related feelings/fantasies BEFORE puberty.

>>6859531
I can't speak for myself since I'm a closeted coward but I ran into several AGPs who reported similar experiences as well as dysphoria, went to transition and did well.
>>
>>6858522
I think that I could do a good job of ignoring it if I continue living the way I do now, which is just not leaving my house unless I have to, not doing anything, engaging in a lot of escapism, stuff like that. I get sad often but I can distract myself from it.

I'll be transferring from my local college to a college in a big city in about a year though, and being around people my age (especially girls my age) will make it really hard though. That would be a pretty rough patch for 2 - 3 years, but I think I could get through it.
>>
>>6859937
>I think that I could do a good job of ignoring it if I continue living the way I do now, which is just not leaving my house unless I have to, not doing anything, engaging in a lot of escapism, stuff like that. I get sad often but I can distract myself from it.
Yeah, good luck keeping that up forever. Even if you could, that's a really shitty way to live your life and not something you should be deliberately doing. Why not be a girl anon? Are you really so scared of transitioning that you're going to deny yourself the treatment for the medical condition you know you have and settle for a life which you can barely even tolerate? For whose benefit?

But really, why don't you want to transition? All I've gotten so far is that you're scared of it and ashamed of being trans (which let me repeat: is a medical condition and outside of your control; i.e. not your fault), not that you think it isn't the right thing for you.

>I'll be transferring from my local college to a college in a big city in about a year though, and being around people my age (especially girls my age) will make it really hard though. That would be a pretty rough patch for 2 - 3 years, but I think I could get through it.
Funny. I thought the same thing when I went to university. I went from feeling bad but coping at the beginning, to turning up to class and wasting the whole thing trying not to think about how jealous I am of all the girls there, to failing at that and walking out of classes to stop myself visibly breaking down in front of everybody, to eventually just not turning up at all; needless to say I failed everything.

Let me repeat. It does not get better. At best you can temporarily relieve some of the dysphoria. The underlying problems (body, being treated as male, not being female) constantly get worse, and your ability to cope with them trends towards worse.
>>
So I hear hrt turns you into a sobbing mess. What if I'm already a sobbing mess?
>>
>>6860047
You will be sobbier and messier.
>>
>>6860047
Ill hold you in my arms and take all the pain away
>>
>>6860028
I've done all the random bullshit classes so I'll only be taking classes related to my major, which will most likely have few if any females in it. So I'm less worried about during class and more worried about just being in that sort of environment.
>>
>>6860097
I think killing myself would be far more effective to take away the pain
>>
>>6806208

I have no idea where you are.

But I'm with you.
>>
>>6860353
>feels bad
>>
>>6808958

You sound delusional, imagining some organization is watching you every day.
>>
File: Bez tytułu.png (179KB, 1485x652px) Image search: [Google]
Bez tytułu.png
179KB, 1485x652px
Does inhouse pharmacy really require a prescription? They claim they do, but when you place an order then the prescription section disappears and they just ask you to tick a box. If I do that will they dispatch my order without asking for a prescription later?
>>
>>6863335

Try it.
>>
>>6863364
What if they take the money and then ask for a prescription by email or something? I don't wanna risk.
>>
Isnt HRT supposed to stop/pervent hair loss?

Why am i losing so many hairs? ;A;
>>
>>6863488

What are you on? How long have you been on? What are your hormone levels? (T, DHT, E)
>>
>>6863530
1 month, 10mg Cyproterone Acetate, 6mg Estradiol Valerate. No idea about the levels, the blood test is in 2 months.
>>
>>6863642

Your cypro dose seems rather low from some basic searching on doses. Is your doctor planning to increase it? Might wanna get on finasteride for a while.
>>
>>6863642

But also bear in mind that hormones take a few months to like fully express their effects.
>>
>>6863657
Yes! And im super anxious wheter it actually is doing anything...

>>6863660
Im aware, but isnt stopping the hair loss like, the AAs job? I mean with no T theres little to no T -> DHT conversion...
>>
>>6863792

On that low dose of AA's for 1 month you probably don't have low enough testosterone yet.
>>
idk if this is right place to ask this but i dont really want to shit up the cataloge.
Im looking for someone do define what i am. I've been extremely sheltered my whole life so im not keen on reality and im new to the lgbt community because ive always just though i was normal, just me being me.
A friend on discord was talking to me about my preferences and he seemed amazed at how i didnt know what to call myself.
So ill just explain myself a bit:
>hate masculinity in every form
>not just sexually but femanine traits make me extremely happy
>disgusted by males, even femanine traps
>i would rather be a female than a male
>can only get off by imagining myself being a girl and doing things with another girl (either vanilla lesbian, just spending time together, or them having a penis, literally any scenario)
for the past 10 or so years ive strictly played rpgs/mmos that let me be a girl, its been a constant source of happiness. IRL im a zombie and avoid people as much as possible just so i can avoid dealing with myself.
all i have to do is think about being a girl or spend time with a female character on a mmo and ill break down in tears
just what the fuck am i?
>>
>>6864192
do you know the difference between a cis and a trans person? i'm sorry if this doesn't make sense to you right now but please write down a short definition of what a cis person and what a trans person is if you know.
>>
>>6864286
cis-born and defined male or female
trans- cis m/f that.... i dont really know sorry
>>
>>6864293
cis person: is fine with their body being the sex they are. they may not like their gender roles but they feel no discomfort over their sex or the wish to be the other sex.

trans person: feels significant distress over their body being the sex it is. wishes to be the other sex. may or may not wish to fit into the gender role of the other sex.

now please look back at your post. if a stranger would have wrote that and you know these rough definitions of cis and trans; would you think that the person who wrote it is cis or trans?
>>
>>6864314
so if someone were to ask me what my preferences are i would just say im trans?
its that broad of a term?
ive tried researching around before asking, and found alot are like me, but couldnt come to an answer
>>
>>6864350
i don't really understand what you mean with preferences? you should think about what you are going to do with the knowledge that you are trans. you can actually get very close to being a girl. you could take hormone replacement therapy, which would make you look much more like a woman. you'd grow breasts, you're fat deposit will be female like (that means slightly more hips, softer skin, a feminine face), you're body hair will become female like and you won't become any more masculine. you could train your voice to sound like a woman and your mannerism to act like a woman. you can live life as a woman if you wish to. what do you feel now?
>>
>>6864404
I feel like its way too late to do any of that. Im extremely masculine already, 6'5'', broad shoulders, hairy, the works. its not really an option either because im very close to my parents and they would disown me.
Ive accepted the fact that ill never be a cute 5ft girl, it hurts but its accepted. so i just live it out in games. more or less all i want to know is what to say when someone asks me "what do you like"
>>
>>6864439
you can transition as a twentysomething 6'5" woman who needs a whole lot of electrolysis or a fortysomething 6'5" woman who needs a whole lot of electrolysis. which will it be?
>>
>>6864439
trans doesn't say anything about your sexual orientation. if you're into girl say you're into girls.
yes, you can never be a 5ft girl but many people in your situation feel like transitioning has helped them out a lot even if it's just for the psychological effects. if you want to start transitioning is your decision of course. it's never too late though, it's always going to make you more feminine.
>>
>>6863488
Testosterone and dihydrotestosterone are two separate hormones. If you're not taking something to stop the DHT, then you will still experience hair loss.
>>
I may be able to fully talk with someone about my gender, most likely a psychiatrist. It may be the same person who diagnosed me with severe mental health problems sadly :/ What should I do to argue my case?
>>
>>6865076
Its made from Testosterone though, so if you had no T then... yeah.
>>
>>6865409
DHT is a lot more powerful than testosterone even at lower levels, and unless you're completely suppressing T, then even the smallest amount can create enough DHT to onset male pattern baldness.
>>
>>6865297
You don't need to argue any. Just be honest and open. If you really feel that a prior diagnosis is unjustly setting you back, find another psychiatrist. It would help if you figured out what specifically causes your dysphoria.

I had a therapist who suggested I may suffer from body dysmorphic disorder but that simply wasn't true because the dysphoria I experienced was specific to my gender identity. Another therapist thought I was autistic (lol) because of my social anxiety, but again my problems stemmed from my gender.
>>
>>6865481
Welp time to overdonse on finasteride.
Good bye cruel world.
>>
>>6865552
My T levels are within female levels but my endocrinologist still has me on 5mg finasteride to suppress DHT. My dermatologist told me 2mg is enough to prevent male pattern baldness. Keep in mind though DHT is a more potent form of T and does more than cause MPB.
>>
Hi, clueless dumbass here.
Can someone explain to me the basics of.. well.. the "therapist"?
Because it's easy to say "Go to the therapist" but..
What kind of therapist? Where do I find one? How expensive is it? What do I do after I find one?
Also are hormones something that only peopel from middle-class+ can afford?
Sorry if these things have already been answered..
>>
>>6865691
read the OP
>>
>>6865699
Am I missing something or it's only for Americans and Canadians?
>>
>>6865718
Tell your doctor to refer you to one and wait in a long queue
>>
>>6865691
>What kind of therapist?
Gender therapist. You might have some luck with a sex therapist as well. Try looking for a therapist that is LGBT themselves, too.

>Where do I find one?
Google. Search "therapists in my area" or something.

>How expensive is it?
I've seen anywhere from $70 to $180 an hour. If you have insurance, they may cover it.

>What do I do after I find one?
Ask for a 15 minute phone consultation. Ask how many transgender individuals they've had in the past and how many they are seeing currently. Ask if they are willing to write a letter of recommendation for HRT.
>>
Besides all the liver stuff, can drinking affect HRT? So long as I keep going with blood tests and doctors, following their advice, should I be fine or will I find diminishing returns?

Asked around and I'm finding conflicting answers.
>>
>>6866046
From what I've read, alcohol decreases the effectiveness of cypro.
>>
>>6866062
Not on that, anything else?
>>
>>6864192

You sound blatantly trans to me.
Sucks about your personal situation making it difficult to start transitioning though.
>>
>>6805996
Just curious, what is the general MtF consensus concerning pelvic growth (not hips) when starting HRT at 23?

Has anyone noticed any changes in pelvis growth or shape?

I ask since I know that hips can still grow into 25 years of age, but haven't heard anything about the pelvis.

On a secondary note, has anyone noticed their ribcage thin at all?
>>
>>6866722
>pelvic growth (not hips)
The pelvic skeleton is formed in the area of the back, by the sacrum and the coccyx and anteriorly and to the left and right sides, by a pair of hip bones.
t. Wikipedia
>>
File: 1447087559094.jpg (33KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1447087559094.jpg
33KB, 720x480px
https://www.reddit.com/r/sex/comments/17mwy7/permanent_hair_removal/c87b5o9
Does this actually happen a lot?
I was gonna use a groupon deal for laser, but this is making me reconsider.
>>
>taking 200mg Spiro & 4mg E
>6 months in, skin softer, musculature destroyed, sex drive gone, maybe some fat redistribution
>paranoid it isn't working
>no spare income for blood tests and can't do it through insurance
Wew lad. Anyone else experience this?
>>
>>6867931
Really depends on what laser the clinic uses. If that guy never asked, he might just have gotten the shittiest laser available. Ask your laser technician.
>>
I've had dysphoria on and off for about 2 years. I sometimes get the thought and urge to dress in female clothes and hate wearing male deodorant.
I also get happy listening to k-pop boybands singing about women.
Could this just be a phase?
>>
The place I'm at is using a Lightsheer but I here another one is better for darker skin but that place is twice as expensive
>>
>>6868631
>Could this just be a phase?
probably not. and you can just get a feminine deodorant if you want, nobody will smell it from under your shirt.
>>
>>6868631
>I sometimes get the thought and urge to dress in female clothes and hate wearing male deodorant.
>I also get happy listening to k-pop boybands singing about women.
These kinds of things don't matter nor necessarily indicate that you're trans, but are more common in trans people.

Can you elaborate on your dysphoria? How bad is it? What's it over, specifically? How "on and off" is it?
>>
>>6868865
I can see that it's not 100% certain I'm trans because of those traits but still, I wonder...
My dysphoria gives me a lot of upset over my body. Varying from wishing I had breasts, to being envious of women, worrying how pretty I'd be if I were to transition etc. It comes on about once every 6-12 months and lasts about a month or two, varying in intensity.
>>
>>6868955
>It comes on about once every 6-12 months
you're not trans

dysphoria never stops
>>
>>6805996
Any anons know of exclusion from treatment for unrelated injuries later in life? Decades after transition?
Esp. surgeons dismiss me consistently, despite solid diagnosis. They just tell nothing's wrong.
This is been going on >5 years, both upper limbs hurt insanely, are barely usable; fracture, tears and so on have been found, but the surgeons I get referred to (to perform necessary repairs) refuse help just like that.
'Conspiracy' is unlikely across many hospitals and specialties. 'It must be something they all know'... Could it be the SRS listed in the default summary each one gets?
OMG If this is true. Does anyone know of comparable cases?
The thought really screws me up: -should've thought of it earlier... -cannot talk about it with anyone (disbelief, re injuries/duration and/or the ancient FtM, combined: complete disbelief), so now I'm thinking I'm 'imagining things' (the SRS-entry being the actual reason), while at the same time waiting this long, in pain, in vain, calling out here with 1 thumb, itself point to pretty cruel 'treatment'. Regardless of the Why.
Cannot cope with the suspected reason. Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
>>
Um, what's a good estrogen drug to accompany taking cypro for the first time? I weigh 130 lbs and am taking the 50mg Cypro pills.
>>
File: tomoko optimism.png (139KB, 680x431px) Image search: [Google]
tomoko optimism.png
139KB, 680x431px
>buying spiro OTC in Mexico
>nauseating licorice-like aftertaste

I feel like it's nuking my T successfully, but I have a nagging feeling it's just some bullshit herbal supplement disguised as spiro. How do I know it's the real thing?
>>
>>6869564
It wouldn't disguise itself as spiro in that case since the AA effects of spiro are just side effects of it's real purpose.

How is the brand called, if it has any?
>>
>>6869564
Spiro tastes bad. You shouldn't be tasting it because you should be swallowing it whole quickly.

Is it common for fake drugs to be sold like that in Mexico? Not much you can do besides getting a blood test. If the the diuretic effects are happening then you can fairly safely assume the antiandrogenic effects are too. Otherwise, semen volume/consistency might be a somewhat objective way to tell if it's at least doing something? Everything else I can think of would either be too hard to tell, subjective, or could possibly not happen at all.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
Going to a party tonight. Do I pass?

>no HRT
>>
>>6869740
All fat people look the same
>>
>>6869740
The picture makes it too hard to tell. Maybe you could pass for an ugly woman if your body/voice is okay, and if no-one notices your beard shadow.
>>
>>6869016
>>6869016
>dysphoria never stops
The pastebin says differently, also it could be possible he's kind of desensitized to it like when i was hitting puberty i remember literally praying that i would wake up as a girl but few years later when i went high school i learned that it wouldn't happen, and decided to spend all of my free time alone because i could ignore it that way, and then there were times when i really felt the urge of cross-dressing and whatever.
Not everyone is TruTrans
>>
>>6869016
>>6868955
This is not true at all many trans people experience dysphoria in waves.
>>
>>6869210
Maybe try talking to a human right's lawyer? I'm not really sure if I understood what you are saying but it sounds like they are denying you treatment because you are trans.
>>
TFW 5'11 :(
>>
>>6869518
Estrace or progynova
>>
>>6869518
Estradiol hemihydrate (commonly sold as Estrofem) or estradiol valerate (commonly sold as Progynova) are the usual tablet forms, and are basically interchangeable; there are slight differences and some people argue one is better for but I haven't seen any hard proof of it. Valerate is cheaper I believe.

Start with 2mg then increase (to a maximum of 8) if necessary.
>>
>>6870156
>implying this is bad
being tall is awesome, only truhons think 5'11" is bad
>>
File: 1472774052126.jpg (690KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1472774052126.jpg
690KB, 1080x1920px
how to fix sunken face? not me but i have the exact same skin

will exercising help? or just make me manlier
>>
>>6870151
Thanks, you understood my concern.
I'll look for and call a local human rights service.
Dead alleys: 'anti-discrimination' requires written proof and 'complaints' about healthcare have to be against 1 specific person or entity.
Other options:
Local police have an lgbt dept. -to file provable, criminal charges- but they might listen nonetheless and advise. Legally, crimes are being committed, they can help sort out which ones and by whom.

First step was to ask my GP to discuss the matter (reword, delete, or not auto-send the trans stuff - which is long past default deletion date), but they don't respond.
I'll definitely retry, as medical records are intended to benefit a patients' health - not harm it. (Rather strong point, even legally, should they refuse.)
>>
>>6870510
Get fat.
>>
>>6869629
>It wouldn't disguise itself as spiro in that case since the AA effects of spiro are just side effects of it's real purpose.
Oh yeah, good point. I keep forgetting that spiro is primarily sold as a diuretic.

The brand is Nolasque, it comes in 25mg tablets.

>>6869734
>Is it common for fake drugs to be sold like that in Mexico?
Maybe. I mean, it's Mexico, I don't know how strict the drug regulations really are. They have these small "convenience store"-style pharmacies where you can literally just walk in and ask for whatever drug, and they'll give it to you.

As for the diuretic effects; last night I woke up twice having to pee, but I'm not sure if that's a coincidence. I'm also having reduced erections and lower sex drive.... it's probably working as intended and I'm just being paranoid. I'm on 200mg/day btw
>>
>>6870206

im probably just over self-conscious about it. good news is i have long nice legs
>>
http://www.behindthename.com/names/browse.php?type_gender=1&operator_gender=isany&value_gender[]=feminine&value_gender[]=unisex&type_origin=1&operator_origin=isany&value_origin[]=ancient&value_origin[]=ancient-near-eastern&value_origin[]=biblical&value_origin[]=celtic&value_origin[]=dutch&value_origin[]=english&value_origin[]=flemish&value_origin[]=french&value_origin[]=frisian&value_origin[]=german&value_origin[]=germanic&value_origin[]=ancient-greek&value_origin[]=ancient-hebrew&value_origin[]=irish&value_origin[]=italian&value_origin[]=judeo-christian-legend&value_origin[]=latin&value_origin[]=late-latin&value_origin[]=literature&value_origin[]=mythology&value_origin[]=old-english&value_origin[]=old-norse&value_origin[]=popular-culture&value_origin[]=scandinavian&value_origin[]=scottish&value_origin[]=slovene&value_origin[]=theology&type_popularity=1&operator_popularity=isany&value_popularity[]=australia-nsw&value_popularity[]=canada-bc&value_popularity[]=england-wales&value_popularity[]=ireland&value_popularity[]=italy&value_popularity[]=new-zealand&value_popularity[]=northern-ireland&value_popularity[]=scotland&value_popularity[]=united-states&yearoperator_popularity=is&year_popularity[]=1996&rankoperator_popularity=less&rank_popularity[]=100&type_options=1&operator_options=is&displayoperator_options=is&display_options[]=details

Is a preliminary list of names I came up with based on the obviously near infinite list of options. Is this a good starting point?
>>
So I recently told my mom I think I'm trans, and she sent me this:
http://itspronouncedmetrosexual.com/2013/05/my-ted-talk-understanding-the-complexities-of-gender/

Thoughts? It's basically saying that women can be boyish or men can be girly but my issues mainly stem from my own physical body.
>>
>>6871658
metrosexual is the stupidest word ever invented
>>
>>6871612
I'm not a special snowflake, so I just went googled "top girl names from 1986" and went down the list until one clicked.
>>
>>6871658
Just explain that to her and hope she gets it. She probably is worried you just don't like gender roles or something and are confused.
>>
Do I have to change my name?
I like my name, but baby name sites say that it's masculine.
>>
>>6869016

Not necessarily true.
>>
>>6871893

You don't have to do anything. It's up to you.
>>
>>6871658

Only skimmed and ctrl-F'd for 'trans' but that article/talk is actually trans-inclusive and talks about the difference between gender identity, gender expression, biological sex, and sexuality. How your mother interperets it in regards to you is another matter, but I doubt there's anything here that doesn't ultimately support your position.
I don't know what your mother's attitude is like, but it's perfectly possible she just wants to make sure you understand what you're saying and have found the right words to describe how you're feeling.

There are other Ted talks dealing specifically with transgender topics too, if you do a search, might find something to tackle that subject specifically.
>>
Do Americans not use hair treatment?
>>
File: 09092016.png (187KB, 300x379px) Image search: [Google]
09092016.png
187KB, 300x379px
I'm almost 20 and about to start hrt, can I get some honest opinions on my face? What masculine features won't hrt fix? What's your overall impression of it? I know I look kind of fat, but my BMI is 22 and I don't know what I can do about it. Feel free to do your worst.
>>
>>6872583
The flat lighting makes it hard to judge, and I don't know what your profile looks like it, but I imagine you won't have much trouble passing. Experiment with your hair and makeup if you haven't already.
>>
>>6871893
Why listen to the sites? If it works as a girl's name then it's fine even if it's unusual.
>>
>>6868955
>It comes on about once every 6-12 months and lasts about a month or two

Dysphoria can come in waves, but the fact that you're non-dysphoric way more often than you are dysphoric, it sounds like you might just be interested in femininity/crossdressing rather than actually desiring to be female.

At the same time, it's also entirely possible you're just not recognising less obvious signs of persistent dysphoria, like general depression etc.
>>
next thread:

>>6874050
>>6874050
>>6874050
>>
>>6870892
most likely, im 6'0" and nobody has ever questioned my gender only based on my height
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.