[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going out of town for a week. My birthday is approaching quickly,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1468798262192.jpg (20KB, 480x352px) Image search: [Google]
1468798262192.jpg
20KB, 480x352px
Going out of town for a week. My birthday is approaching quickly, and I feel like I'll be losing if I wait until I'm 24 to start HRT. So I'm thinking of ordering some from ADC before I leave so I can start it when I get back.

However, I haven't seen a therapist or anything yet. I have insurance, so doing so is an option, but it wouldn't be until after my birthday. Is it stupid to order and start HRT because I feel a pressure to do so before I level up in age again?

Also beginning transition general
>>
>>6663657
No just start popping them ASAP. I myself waited until right after my 25th birthday so that my gf inevitably dumping me wouldn't ruin that, but I'm not trans anyway. Just start it out, but if you don't until after there really won't be any difference.

Self med is fine. Endos are one of the lowest paid types of doctor, they love to power trip, and they often are very shitty at doling out proper regimens or giving a fuck about you or your needs, they often will try to gatekeeper or stall you even though it isn't really their place. They like to play therapist gatekeeper on top of playing doctor.
>>
Fuck I just ordered them, this is crazy lol
>>
>>6664376
More like crazy awesome. Pop that shit right when it arrives mang.

Also are you in the USA? If so which payment method did you use? I am curious because I must order hormones again soon and I don't know if anywhere will take a visa card or if I'll have to use alternative payment methods like echecks.
>>
This is a terrible idea.

Self medicating can kill you. Transition is a life long thing, you can fucking afford to wait a few months. Don't be a retard, be safe.
>>
>>6664514
If you literally just start eating pills, then maybe yes but if you are careful you definitely wont die
>>
>>6664523
Well you definitely won't die on the spot. Damage can happen after a few months and even then it's gonna be your liver that is damaged, not your brain or heart. Just get blood tests.
>>
>>6664456
I did the eCheck. I think you were the one asking me about it in the other thread too lol. eCheck is just US bank account routing number, but you will need a major bank if I'm not mistaken. It saves $10 on shipping too though, which is nice. I guess the main reason it feels "crazy" is because I'm literally in the closet to everyone except my brother. Also I'm having the meds shipped to my friends' house and I really hope they don't get too curious. I want to come out to them soon, but I would hate to be outed by the mailman.

>>6664514
This is precisely what doctors do though. Prescribe something, then check to see if side-effects develop. Prescriptions are a haphazard sort of affair and this is very true with trans care. If a medication doesn't work, the doctor will try something else.

>>6664531
>liver damage
This is the main thing I'm worried about, and so I'm cutting back my drinking as well. I have good medical insurance (my mom is a nurse), so I plan to get regular blood tests and all that deal, including therapy. It's a bit silly, but I just felt that I have to start before my birthday, because for years I've been thinking "next time I have a birthday I'll be in transition" and it hasn't come true.
>>
>>6664553
I did exactly the same. For me it was the 19th birthday. I swore to myself with 18 I would start transition, so I self medded. Now I have prescriptions and go to a gynecologist. So now I can always say I started with 18, whn in reality it was like a week before I turned 19.

You sound like you got a plan. Self med, get checked, get a prescription. Seems good to me.
>>
>>6664568
Thanks friend. Sounds like your plan worked out well too. I wish I'd started sooner, but I figure better late than never. Hope your transition is going well!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.